Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread vol. 2

19 hours ago, Sonichuman said:

People really still on that "Nintendo is for kids" narrative

https://nintendoeverything.com/bayonetta-creator-says-nintendo-never-asked-to-make-the-series-less-risque/

This is the 2nd time Kamiya came out and had to say Nintendo didn't tell them to tone down anything with Bayo.  Again Nintendo actually told them to do the Link and Peach costumes and approved them.  They even said that the Link costume was too modest for her when they first brought the design to them.  Come on now.

Somebody  needs to tell them Mortal Kombat was almost 3 decades ago. Fuck, Killer Instinct was originally Nintendo's IP. Did any of these clowns play the Turok games on N64. Cerebral Bore anyone?

Edited by Darc_Requiem
2 hours ago, iStu X said:

I'm still willing to hear them out despite it being under EA even thought that makes me wary.  We got Jedi Fallen Order out of them so hopefully this and the Sequel to JFO can be a path to EA digging themselves out of the multiplayer sports only shit hole they've made for themselves.

I was tellin' Starhammer the same thing.  Who wanted to play as that freakin' creature?  Guess everything has some kinda audiance. 

Couple/few vids of games I been played lately.

This one is like a metroidvania type game with souls style combat.  I've played more since I made the video and I'm enjoying the game. 

I really like playing this game.  Its a simple rogue style game with a simple look.  But its fun and can be played in short burst of 10 or 20 minute runs.  Right after I uploaded this video I beat the first stage.  Took me 3 or 4 days to beat that shit.

unknown_2022.07.24-19.53.png

Im not too sure about this game.  I played for about an hour or 2 more after what is in the video and its mostly just walking around some empty palace.  Its a real pretty game but kinda boring as far as gameplay goes. 

I played a bit of the game Stray and I'm not too impressed.  The gameplay is pretty shallow.  I think I like the raccoon game more...

1 hour ago, Wellman said:

I am fine with them not recasting T'Challa for the MCU, but video games are a whole different beast. Ain't no reason to go that route outside of trying to unnecessary  synergy with the MCU.

Which is precisely why not recasting T'Challa bothers me. So much is drawn from the MCU these days. No MCU T'Challa means he gets minimized elsewhere. 😑

Edited by Darc_Requiem
11 hours ago, RSG3 said:

Damn, Tactics Ogre is just another remake/remaster/tweeking of Tactics Ogre Let Us Cling Together. 

Editt: He can't implement better rollback because it might effect Tekkens pretty graphics? 

That's fucking weak. 

11 hours ago, Sonichuman said:

I Dont Believe You Will Ferrell GIF

Rollback is intensive in terms of memory and processing, so if the game is not really optimized for it, can do actually lead to problems like he mentions.

It is why a game like AC+R on steams requires specs that are way over to previous XX games, since they basically brute force the implementation of rollback since the game was never optimized for it.

Perhaps for them implementing rollback into T7 makes not much sense when T8 is on the horizon.

3 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

Rollback is intensive in terms of memory and processing, so if the game is not really optimized for it, can do actually lead to problems like he mentions.

It is why a game like AC+R on steams requires specs that are way over to previous XX games, since they basically brute force the implementation of rollback since the game was never optimized for it.

Perhaps for them implementing rollback into T7 makes not much sense when T8 is on the horizon.

I'm not even expecting T7 to have rollback since it's essentially a done game.  In the growing space of FGs if they don't have rollback for T8 it's going look weak in comparison to various other games on the market by the time it releases. 

On 7/25/2022 at 6:37 AM, JGreen said:

Don’t worry about going through the main bosses. Just take your time, get your build going and enjoy exploring. I basically did the same as you and explored Limgrave for dozens of hours. Once I beat the first two main bosses, it felt like the game started to go by quickly with boss after boss falling. 

On a related note, what is everyone’s favorite From Soft game? I’ve only played Demon’s Souls, DS1, DS3, Elden and Bloodborne. I tried Sekiro, but I didn’t enjoy the battle system and couldn’t get the hang of it. In the end, I still enjoyed Bloodborne the most. Absolutely loved that setting, the trick weapons and the parrying. 

Easily Bloodborne. As everyone else who mentioned it said, the setting is possibly the best From has ever done and in my opinion it has the best combat/pvp in the souls series. I'm yet to play Sekiro but I have a feeling that will be a close second.

Reviews for XBC3 seem to be hitting today.  Been seeing a small amount of discourse surrounding a picture tied to XBC2 which is kinda eh?  I think the people upset are really trying to just make people mad about it when I think a majority of people are going to look it and just go "oh??"

extra

Edit:  Looks like Monolith Soft made some pretty solid improvements in visuals and performance of XBC2.  Game looks REALLY good.  Still has some issues and some slow down here and there but it looks and runs far better than XBC2.  This is a sneak peak at what BotW2 is going to really look like.

Edited by Sonichuman

If Mulltiversus ends being of my liking, I could see myself throwing some money for the Hawaiian Velma...

I just hope they have sales at some point, because 20 bucks for it is too much, when for a little more of that I can get full games and/or season passes for fgs for example.

Plus she is not as thicc as she should be 😅