Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread vol. 2

1 hour ago, Sonichuman said:

Helena Taylor responded, twitter thread

She would have been better off "putting it behind her." Her response proves she was lying. She contradicts her initial statements and she still provides no receipts. Nor does she address her sending the internet hate mob in Jennifer Hale's direction.

She had a legitimate angle to take. One that no one would have questions and she decided to lie. She should just went with, they reused her voice lines in Smash Bros and she wasn't paid for it. I don't think you should be able to use voice work from one game in another without compensation the VA. Not only that, no one said she asked for $250,000. The reports said a six figure sum. So her giving a specific number just tells me, based on her lack of credibility, that the $250,000 number she just stated was what she probably asked for.

53 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

She would have been better off "putting it behind her." Her response proves she was lying. She contradicts her initial statements and she still provides no receipts. Nor does she address her sending the internet hate mob in Jennifer Hale's direction.

She had a legitimate angle to take. One that no one would have questions and she decided to lie. She should just went with, they reused her voice lines in Smash Bros and she wasn't paid for it. I don't think you should be able to use voice work from one game in another without compensation the VA. Not only that, no one said she asked for $250,000. The reports said a six figure sum. So her giving a specific number just tells me, based on her lack of credibility, that the $250,000 number she just stated was what she probably asked for.

Yeah I don't know how she thinks this is 'defending' herself as it only proves she wasnt forth coming with all the information and tried to push the narrative in a manner that would put her on a pedestal.  When I watched Gamexplains video and they mentioned that nobody mentioned an exact amount and just said it was a 6 figure sum that really set off the sus alarm.  Also really going to need her to stop insisting that Bayo made 450 million dollars, I'm gonna need a source for that cause the math ain't adding up.  I'm pretty sure I know what the source is though.

At this point if an emergency meeting was called she'd be going out the airlock.

Jesus Christ. Why would you lie so hard it might blow up future jobs like that? I'm coming up blank when I kick ideas around here. You ain't Kanye, or someone else who can produce immense wealth no matter what crazy shit they spout. You just say shit into a microphone, and it seems that's your SOLE income. Why blow up your one spot like that?

I’ve been playing FF7R Intergrade over the last few days. I tried playing it back on PS4 and could get into it but I’m enjoying it much more this time around. The main reason I started it is due to not knowing when I’ll have the extra time to grab Rabbids Sparks of Hope. Got a lot going on. 

I’m not very far. Just made it to reactor 5. I’m not sure why people were bitching about Squee “nerfing” Tifa’s yabbo’s. They didn’t. Not only that they give her that delicious tone stomach. She’s also no where near as annoying this time around. 

Barrett is kinda extra but he was in the OG too. 

Theres certain things I still really haven’t gotten down yet like figuring out how to trigger limit or how to use summons but the battle system is cool. Materia system is much more tolerable when it comes to grinding for levels as I have level two spells and certain abilities already. 

The leveling of weapons is really interesting but I like the idea of it. 

Edited by iStu X
10 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:

She has gone off the deep end

I'm with RGT at this point and that she should just get off twitter at this point.   You misrepresented your case when you really didn't need to, you inadvertently sent a twitter mob at Jennifer Hale who didn't have any idea of wtf was going on and didn't tell people to back off her or apologize, and then you tried to discredit and hurt everyone else who was involved with the game that you weren't involved in including other fellow voice actors, directors, producers, game animators, video editors and everyone in between who worked on this game.  You're the one discrediting yourself and throwing shade at people because you're being salty AF that the devs dared to replace you with someone else when you declined the offer.  And now your attempt at being disingenuous has not only back fired but potentially done the complete opposite and possibly put the sales for Bayo 3 to higher heights.

I get absolutely no satisfaction watching Hellena crash and burn in this way...it's really disheartening.   She just needs to take the L and keep it moving. 

Lose Willy Wonka GIF

Edited by Sonichuman
3 minutes ago, iStu X said:

Theres certain things I still really haven’t gotten down yet like figuring out how to trigger limit or how to use summons but the battle system is cool. Materia system is much more tolerable when it comes to grinding for levels as I have level two spells and certain abilities already.

Just to save you the frustration of trying to figure it out, Summons are only available in specific fights, and the timer for them pops up at a certain time within each fight. Otherwise you don't have any control of when to summon them. 

I tend to think of Red Mareria as more of an extra Accessory with a bonus to it then a spell I can use like other Materia. Red Summon Materia usually has a pretty decent Stat boost of some kind attached to it so slotting for that in your builds always felt better to me. 

Limit bar fills up by doing and taking damage. You activate the limit in the battle menu like a spell or item. There are accessories that influence how the bar fills. 

Glad you are enjoying it this time. The load times for that game on PS5 blow me away. 

I loved her voice work in the first and second game. But damn it you messed yourself up, girl. Could have easily took a higher road, in all this and just said what they wanted to pay you you felt you were worth more. Could have easily framed it all under a labor side of things but you came for other folks money, no only the developers but fellow voice actors. I get she isn't a full time VA person but she must represent herself cause no agent or management capable of getting you money would sign off on this 

9 hours ago, Sonichuman said:

Also looking into Hellena trending, the tide has completely turned on her.  I barely see any apologists for her anymore now.

Now If only the high profile people that jumped as soon as she posted the videos into the boycott went to actually say sorry and take the L, it would be great.

Many people are just sweeping it into the rug and at best are saying shit like "it opened a conversation".

It is annoying as fuck, because it shows they don't want to learn from this mistake and learn to procure to see with a critical eye any claim of wrong doing and not be just one more idiot on a lynch mob.

Even now, I think that even when she pretty much did this with malice, ´people shouldn't be dog piling on her, since it doesn't do any goods beyond satisfying some form of self righteous way of thinking.

Is one thing to discuss the situation like we are doing right now, here, is another to go and attack her.

8 hours ago, Hecatom said:

Now If only the high profile people that jumped as soon as she posted the videos into the boycott went to actually say sorry and take the L, it would be great.

Many people are just sweeping it into the rug and at best are saying shit like "it opened a conversation".

It is annoying as fuck, because it shows they don't want to learn from this mistake and learn to procure to see with a critical eye any claim of wrong doing and not be just one more idiot on a lynch mob.

Even now, I think that even when she pretty much did this with malice, ´people shouldn't be dog piling on her, since it doesn't do any goods beyond satisfying some form of self righteous way of thinking.

Is one thing to discuss the situation like we are doing right now, here, is another to go and attack her.

If it weren't for self righteous people, Twitter would be like

Tumbleweeds Plains GIF

^yeahhh I just saw that new Redfall trailer too; I appreciate it since the tone on that is a bit more serious.  I wish it was in 3rd person though.

On another note---OLED Switches appear to be quite easy to get if anyone is wanting one; I see them on a regular basis now whenever I'm at any Target or Walmart at least....same goes for Switch Lite, though I still don't see much appeal in those.

Edited by MillionX
1 hour ago, MillionX said:

On another note---OLED Switches appear to be quite easy to get if anyone is wanting one; I see them on a regular basis now whenever I'm at any Target or Walmart at least....same goes for Switch Lite, though I still don't see much appeal in those.

You play in handheld most of the time don’t you? The screen upgrade doesn’t seem like much but it’s such a massive upgrade. When I got my OLED I only played handheld for about 7 months before going back to swapping back and forth. 

If you’re primarily a handheld mode player it’s definitely worth it 

Oh yeah I was specifically referring to the "Lite" as not being worth it, imo. At least for me, the Lite isn't a serious option since the OLED exists now.  ..in fact I'm most likely getting one soon as the "successor" to my original Switch; the temptation is just too great when I keep seeing them in stores so often, and how nice that screen is.

15 minutes ago, Chadouken said:

I have an original Day One Switch, and I remember seeing something about those being coveted because they can be modded. Do I have that right? I might look into getting an OLED- is it a pain to switch my profile over to a new device?

Check if your switch is patched or not.

https://ismyswitchpatched.com/

If it is not patched then it's moddable.

It's easy to transfer your profile to the new one as long as you are in possession of it.

I bought an OLED one at it's launch then  sold my launch switch that I modded myself and included the dongle with it as well as the microSD card.  I sold it for $400 shipped.  So it was basically a wash.  

12 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

I am extremely curious about what that issue is they have with the end but I'm gonna hold off.  I almost read the article but it'll be better to see it myself.  And I have a feeling it'll prob not be that serious.

I skimmed it. It's incredibly disrespectful to the games creators and the people who enjoy the series beyond just the "button ramming." 

Here's and excerpt from it about Luka. Only talks about him in context to Bayo 1 and 2, I avoided any spoiler content (tho I didn't see much of that in the article either.)

Who the fuck is Luka, you might be asking? Well, I can’t blame you, because he isn’t exactly an important part of Bayonetta and Bayonetta 2. He’s a side character best characterized as a simp, although that slang term didn’t get popular until years after Bayonetta 2’s release.

She claims she thinks Bayonetta was a beacon for people wanting strong femininity in their games but she can't even remember the character who has the second most amount of screen time next to Bayonetta from Bayo 1. 

I don't think she's fucking played them honestly. 

Edited by RSG3
43 minutes ago, DoctaMario said:

spacer.pngJustin Timberlake Idk GIF

Polygon gave Bayonetta 2 a 7.5 because she was too sexual. IIRC it would have been a 9 if it weren't for the games sexual nature. That was the last time I visited that sham of a website. Ignore them, they won't get clicks, their ad rates will tank, and they'll go about of business. We'll all be better for it. 

Edit: I think I can guess what the issue is. I haven't read any reviews but the trailers seem to imply Viola maybe  Bayonetta and Luka's child. Instantly I saw Bayonetta/Jeanne shippers lose their shit. I can almost guarantee that's what Polygon is bitching about.

Edited by Darc_Requiem
9 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Edit: I think I can guess what the issue is. I haven't read any reviews but the trailers seem to imply Viola maybe  Bayonetta and Luka's child. Instantly I saw Bayonetta/Jeanne shippers lose their shit. I can almost guarantee that's what Polygon is bitching about.

I'm gonna try really hard to remember this post so when I play through the game I can go back and compare and see how accurate it is cuz honestly...it sound really plausible lol. 

Edited by RSG3
6 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

I'm gonna try really hard to remember this post so when I play through the game I can go back and compare and see how accurate it is cuz honestly...it sound really plausible lol. 

I personally never got a romantic relationship vibe from Bayonetta & Jeanne personally. Could be wrong, but they seemed like best friends to me. Anytime a fictional character has a close same sex friend these days Twitter wants to make the relationship romantic. I still remember them trying to make Steve Rogers and Bucky a thing.