Stage Select

Street Fighter 6 Lounge: The FGC has a crack problem.

Oh, and regarding the number of characters per season: as with everything else, the higher the fidelity, the longer it takes to make. I find it entirely reasonable that it's simply impossible for them to put out six characters in a year to the quality standard we've seen from the launch roster. And I'd rather have less characters that feel homogenic by being just as complete and polished as the rest than having to endure, say, another rushed SFV Ed with shitty animations and low-res, butt-ugly costumes.

1 hour ago, delete_me said:

Oh, and regarding the number of characters per season: as with everything else, the higher the fidelity, the longer it takes to make. I find it entirely reasonable that it's simply impossible for them to put out six characters in a year to the quality standard we've seen from the launch roster. And I'd rather have less characters that feel homogenic by being just as complete and polished as the rest than having to endure, say, another rushed SFV Ed with shitty animations and low-res, butt-ugly costumes.

it’s the same as SF5. You underestimate Capcom’s ability in 23 to produce and create.

By the end of year one SF5 had 22 characters, so will SF6, By the end of year two SF6 will have at least 28 characters as well. They already started working on S2 I bet.

24 minutes ago, Daemos said:

it’s the same as SF5. You underestimate Capcom’s ability in 23 to produce and create.

It's definitely not the same, you see development cycles across the entire industry ballooning. Capcom might be more proficient than other companies and definitely is in a better spot than during SFV, but they can't just will DLC characters into existence.

The reason the roster number between SFV and SF6 will be identical after the first year is down to SFV being an extremely rushed product and SF6 getting all the time it needs. Which, conversely, also proves my point, as normally a rushed product would have less content than one that got all the time it needed.

SRK back in the day was intense and I always felt like you REALLY had to know what you were talking about if you were going to post anything beyond a funny picture or video. Otherwise, die 1000 deaths. It's interesting to see all the people here share the same sentiment about lurking just because it was a great place to get a competitive edge over friends, local "scene", etc.

Those screenshots that were taken from way back machine, I distinctly remember the blue and orange forums and how it would show all the birthdays at the bottom. Maybe that's why @Shakunetsuis always saying Happy Birthday randomly? lololol jk

2 hours ago, delete_me said:

It's definitely not the same, you see development cycles across the entire industry ballooning. Capcom might be more proficient than other companies and definitely is in a better spot than during SFV, but they can't just will DLC characters into existence.

The reason the roster number between SFV and SF6 will be identical after the first year is down to SFV being an extremely rushed product and SF6 getting all the time it needs. Which, conversely, also proves my point, as normally a rushed product would have less content than one that got all the time it needed.

How does this prove your point? SF6 is coming out with massive amounts of content, that is clearly where a lot of the time and development went.

While SF6 characters are certainly very polished, that’s not an excuse to release less than 6 characters from next year tbh. No other triple A fighter will be doing this.

2 hours ago, -PVL93- said:

That has to be the lowest among all current fighting games, right? A very good sign if Capcom decides to continue using RE Engine for more fighting games 

Meanwhile UE is still struggling 

To the best of my knowledge, yes. UE was a mistake.

3 minutes ago, Vhozite said:

Curios why Akuma’s hair is white now. Looks cool but I’m curious to know if it’s age or something else.

He was turning white already in SF3. I think it’s a combination of normal aging and him getting closer to his uber Oni form in the canon.

I prefer the concept art as Akuma’s red hair is his defining characteristic. It’s not like Bison’s hair going white since his hair color is not what defines his color palette.

I think if they wanted him to go more white like this they could’ve afforded to add a tinge of purple in his outfit. Since those are the “Shin” variant’s colors.

Edited by Daemos
1 hour ago, Daemos said:

How does this prove your point? SF6 is coming out with massive amounts of content, that is clearly where a lot of the time and development went.

I thought we were talking roster size. It's hard to evaluate the impact other features such as World Tour had on development from an outside perspective. It looks massive at first glance until you start noticing the details, like how every animation is literally recycled from the main roster (which is the point of WT, so no criticism here), how it's visually inferior to the normal 1on1 gameplay etc. But when S1 has concluded and we can compare SFV to SF6, we'll notice that WT is pretty much the only major difference between the games despite one having been in development for well over five years and the other for roughly half of that.

1 hour ago, Daemos said:

While SF6 characters are certainly very polished, that’s not an excuse to release less than 6 characters from next year tbh. No other triple A fighter will be doing this.

Of course longer production times are an excuse to release content less frequently. It's pretty much the immediate result of it.

I'd honestly be surprised, too, if Tekken 8 and MK12 could keep up with the roadmaps of their predecessors. Maybe Tekken because they aren't rebuilding their characters from the ground up between games, but even then it'll be an uphill battle.

9 minutes ago, delete_me said:

I'd honestly be surprised, too, if Tekken 8 and MK12 could keep up with the roadmaps of their predecessors. Maybe Tekken because they aren't rebuilding their characters from the ground up between games, but even then it'll be an uphill battle.

They're a bit different since they usually launch with more characters in the base games but  T7. SF5, and MK11 had a robust first season that included 6 characters before winding down.

So the hope at the very least is that next year we get a fat season. They will inevitably make a Super edition of the game at around Y3, so plenty of reason then to put in more money in character development.

33 minutes ago, delete_me said:

Unless something has changed, Tekken recycles a lot of animations.

@DaemosBased on the showcase, SF6 characters get added to World Tour. So that's a lot more involved than SFV character additions before you even consider the increase production times. 

Edited by Darc_Requiem
3 hours ago, elliephil said:

SRK back in the day was intense and I always felt like you REALLY had to know what you were talking about if you were going to post anything beyond a funny picture or video. Otherwise, die 1000 deaths. It's interesting to see all the people here share the same sentiment about lurking just because it was a great place to get a competitive edge over friends, local "scene", etc.

Those screenshots that were taken from way back machine, I distinctly remember the blue and orange forums and how it would show all the birthdays at the bottom. Maybe that's why @Shakunetsuis always saying Happy Birthday randomly? lololol jk

I got put in the red just for saying my Hayato/Strider Hiryu/Jin team could stand up to MSP.

6 hours ago, Doctrine_Dark said:

I got put in the red just for saying my Hayato/Strider Hiryu/Jin team could stand up to MSP.

Not gonna lie SRK gave me some NeoGAF vibes back in the day. It's why lurked for so long before signing up. People would get hit with both barrels for the most innocuous things.

Edited by Darc_Requiem
27 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

People would get hit with both barrels for the most innocuous things.

Nah, Doctrine_Dark was told a harsh truth about his team that he would've learned if he'd taken some time to read the forums.

Hayato was gonna get his shit mixed after getting opened up with a 1 frame cr.lk from Magneto thanks to the switch glitch. Fast forward some years later, from red bar to Warlord. He grew up. 🥹

55 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

@DaemosBased on the showcase, SF6 characters get added to World Tour. So that's a lot more involved than SFV character additions before you even consider the increase production times. 

Fair point. Guess we'll find out the reality of their development at the end of CPT 23-24.

1 hour ago, Vhozite said:

Curios why Akuma’s hair is white now. Looks cool but I’m curious to know if it’s age or something else.

I remember Akuma tuning to gray hair in that MK vs SF 3 animation when he went Shin Akuma lvl2, that was pretty tight 

5 hours ago, -PVL93- said:

That has to be the lowest among all current fighting games, right? A very good sign if Capcom decides to continue using RE Engine for more fighting games 

Meanwhile UE is still struggling 

3 hours ago, elliephil said:

To the best of my knowledge, yes. UE was a mistake.

Like I explained before, the Input lag on the UE games have nothing to do with the engine but the devs.

Also, like I explained before, 1.3 input lag is before talking the 3f input lag that is always native due 1f for the control, 1f for the console and 1f for the screen.

We had games like SF5 and Tekken 7 with basically 6f to 8f and games like Xrd who had around 4f iirc, or as some people say without counting the 3f, 1f. (For reference, XX Reload is 2f, aka 5f)

So, we are talking about a 4.3f input lag, aka 5f for SF6, since you don't have X.Yf when talking about lag, you always have to round it.

People who don't understand this tend to see 5f of input lag as terrible when in reality is the norm since the very old games.

Games having 4f is considered excellent, since is closer to the theoretical 0f of input lag which is 3f, not really 0f.

Edit

Also, the resent released REmake4 wich is also on the RE Engine has problems with input lag, specially on the Xbox consoles.

Which so far has been an ongoing issue with all the REE games on Xbox so far, which either points at poor ports or an engine optimization problem for the consoles.

Edited by Hecatom
24 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

Also, the resent released REmake4 wich is also on the RE Engine has problems with input lag, specially on the Xbox consoles.

Which so far has been an ongoing issue with all the REE games on Xbox so far, which either points at poor ports or an engine optimization problem for the consoles.

A recent patch fixed the input issues with the Xbox ports.

7 hours ago, elliephil said:

SRK back in the day was intense and I always felt like you REALLY had to know what you were talking about if you were going to post anything beyond a funny picture or video. Otherwise, die 1000 deaths

Yeah, you wanted to make 100% sure what you were posting was accurate.  I always made sure to fact check shit I wasn't completely sure about otherwise you had ShinAkuma_6900 coming after you in full force.