Stage Select

Street Fighter 6 Lounge: The FGC has a crack problem.

21 hours ago, Sonero said:

Phillipines has a strong MvV2 scene. The problem has been how they play. They out the game on lowest damage settings and that changes the game completely.

I tried to watch some of MvC2 Evo. But when I caught a stream it was about how shitty the tournament ran.

☠️

Link please.  

13 minutes ago, Sonero said:

To which part: phillipines playing on lowest damage setting on the drama stream?

The drama stream.  Justin DM'd me a couple days before EVO asking if I knew what was going on and I just want to hear it from the actual players since that was the first I heard of it too and since then all I've heard is just second hand accounts of unhappiness without specifics.  

13 minutes ago, Psychoblue said:

The drama stream.  Justin DM'd me a couple days before EVO asking if I knew what was going on and I just want to hear it from the actual players since that was the first I heard of it too and since then all I've heard is just second hand accounts of unhappiness without specifics.  

It was supposed to be here:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1555372717

Looks like it got deleted. Probably because you know who asked for it to be deleted because things don't get handled publicly, everything gotta be done behind closed doors.

:coffee:

15 minutes ago, TWINBLADES said:

I don't care if I sound like an incel, Cammy is the perfect litmus test for e-girls. If the cosplay is just the leotard, disregard. If the Cosplay has highly detailed gauntlets they're okay in my book. 

Be gone wench!

Just get a different color and some elbow-high gloves and thigh-highs and they could be an MK2 ninja girl 

1 hour ago, Sonero said:

It was supposed to be here:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1555372717

Looks like it got deleted. Probably because you know who asked for it to be deleted because things don't get handled publicly, everything gotta be done behind closed doors.

:coffee:

Don't worry, there's a lot of other people sick of their crap.  It's one thing to be doing your whole All Friends FGC with other poverty games but when you're trying to play the clique card with the actual legacy games, it's just asking for trouble.  I talked to some people at ECT about this and there are definitely going to be some discussions regarding next time.  

1 hour ago, JustBooming said:

Weird, I was looking at names for dogs, and Dash was what made me consider Nash. Every family member I've mentioned it to today thinks it's a shite name, though. 

All four legs present... so far

unknown.png?width=746&height=655

Call him Birdie 

He's black and considering he's a lab will start athletic during youth, then shameless eat everything he can reach and become fat 

Very canon accurate 😆

Edited by CESTUS III
On 9/6/2022 at 1:02 AM, elliephil said:

Two of the Top 8 for mvc2 at Evo 2022 were Philippines players. There was also supposed to be three 10k money matches with the one player (Amir) but two of them fell through due to reasons. They are mad good.

On 9/6/2022 at 1:07 AM, Sonero said:

Phillipines has a strong MvV2 scene. The problem has been how they play. They out the game on lowest damage settings and that changes the game completely.

I tried to watch some of MvC2 Evo. But when I caught a stream it was about how shitty the tournament ran.

☠️

Yeah that's the problem where the settings is

Back then it wasn't like that the damage wasn't a universal thing or an organized thought but later on it came to something that everyone got used into

It's the arcade owners fault that they set things before in the lowest damage and highest difficulty, because people here very much into infinites since MSH but not as good as playing other characters other than using the same old meta, because everyone is just imitating everyone it's basically play to win because internet wasn't a thing for those regular in the arcade in that time.  

So some arcade owners did that, then came facebook groups became a norm and popular to set things organized to what the majority is into.

There are two generation, the FIRST Generation is mostly of the MSH, XmenCota and SFAlpha would be a same age as me mostly already quitted. No one plays A3 competitively here back the time A3 was launch like using ISM. Same as ST because the version wasn't updated here.

I was a kid and now near 40s most of those that I watch in the grocery that are teens probably are older than me now. playing video games or enthusiastic about video games is kinda frown upon here

if your 30s before the geek era boom here where superhero movies became popular like ironman.

before video games was like for twenties then after that the video game that is considerable is no other than NBA because everyone old here likes basketball for some reasons. LOL

Wolverine is so popular in MSH and XVSF here that even a mugen character based on how Filipino's played Wolverine is coded in a MUGEN AI by a Filipino.

https://mugen.fandom.com/wiki/Wolverine/Sander71113's_version

Then the SECOND Generation are mostly into MVC2, UMVC3, Tekken 5 and SF4 but never been into the time where Alpha, MSH and Cota where,

Console gaming is expensive here an average arcade goer that time is not someone that has a Console at home. And those that has Console isn't an average arcade goer.  SNES, Genesis, PSX and Sega Saturn are not for an average Filipino Kid. And they mostly rented this console unit for a time, so they are mostly played for RPGs instead.  This is why FF8 was my first RPG because memory cards were affordable in PSX and can be used in a different PSX rental place.

Meta starts to be more varied when youtube became popular and everyone was looking in the internet for combos,

I'm terrible at infinites because I was a Ryu player that time and an average, I didn't even know other Ryu infinites in MVSF till 2006. The Ryu infinites that I did know was XVSF way back.

There are few hybrids left like "bata" the one that justin fought when he came here, Me and my brother used to meet the guy every week around 2014-2016 in cubao playing XvSF.

Meta starts to be more varied when youtube became popular and everyone was looking in the internet for combos, than everyone just gravitating towards wolverine and spiderman in the early games.

This is why when I joined a retro gaming tournament together with my brother and my friend with 30 participants I get the second place in the 2nd Surprise SF2 version event and 3rd place in SNES surprise version of SF2 event even I wasn't a pad player.

And my brother that didn't play CVS2 the tournament won then my friend that wasn't pad player won SVC in Neogeo System tournament in a tie match because on of the admin got a head ache haha.

Those cheating bastard doesn't tell anyone what version of SF2 would be played while the admin knows and already practiced then join the tournament. they would brag they had arcade at home lol, but they lack real experienced in the arcade haha 

Edited by Shakunetsu

Man, I love the Strive tower. Dude steps up to play me with a bum bridget, gets wrecked. Drops off the set, switches to Sol and lines up again. Gets 2-0ed. Third game I backdash a throw, do a corner to corner combo on him for a wallsplat AND...

You've been disconnected from the playstation network.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAY early morning coffee and ragequits. As LordKnight would say, You love to see it.

1 hour ago, Daemos said:

The in-game looks so shiny/glossy on the new stage. Guile's stage is the only one that felt "normal".

Also note sure if its because they are playing fast characters, but the speed of the action and movement looks fantastic. 10/10 for animation on these characters!

The button mashing is a little annoying. But if anything, I loved seeing how the characters move and watching the animations we haven't seen before:

• Kimberly's Super 1,
  • the Time Out animations,
  • Juri's Lv 3 version of her super,
  • the character select screen animations before and after you select Juri/Kimberly as a character,
  • the newer moves not showcased in the trailer,
  • and the round win animations
1 minute ago, Sonero said:

Downloaded GranBlue VS to try it out. Download and most of the roster is DLC. That's fine. Let's take a look at how much it costs to unlock some of these guys just to try them out:

unknown.png

I bought the version that has the base game plus both DLC packs on sale for $40 a few months back. Worst part of that is now the game is free on PSN and I think my favorite character is on the base roster anyway. 😪

But whatever. I like to platinum games when I can, and you literally can't platinum this one unless you buy all the DLC characters.

Scrub player 2cent

• Juri is ever Juri, very good character
  • Kimberly looks coo tool, love some of her moves animations, the one where punch you on the ground is great
  • LOL at Juri pissed at WINNING by time out, really want to beat the shit out of opponent 🤣
  • Love Kimberly idle stance
  • The throws looks awesome and original, all 4 are pretty nice (on general love SF6 throws, even Ryu classics ones redesign have lot thought/class), Kim F and Juri's B in particular
  • Cool to see Juri's alt version of lv3 being SF4 Ultra
  • Liked to see Juri 2P color trying to recover a bit her classic scheme, too bad result suck, at this point i keep 1p 😒

6 hours ago, delete_me said:

03qoqs4fdfm91.jpg

Alternative colour making it even more obvious that Juri is basically half-naked.

We can accept bodypaint or adhesive tape

Your move, female cosplayers

YARN | Your move. | The Matrix Revolutions (2003) | Video gifs by quotes |  f66d251d | 紗

Edited by CESTUS III
29 minutes ago, Skort said:

Since the entire showcase was in japanese ( text included in the game's menu ) i could not understand anything. However i used a image translator to check what type of character Juri is presented as when it comes to her difficulty etc.   

Screenshot-2022-09-08-000821.jpgScreenshot-2022-09-08-001057.jpg

TYPE = Speed

Range = Short range

Difficulty = Hard

• Juri still has her overhead
  • Her stores do not seem to matter as in what type of store you managed to get.You can stock 3 of them and unleash them all as 3 x stored light for example and they are previewed as small ☯️ symbol on top of the screen
  • .Screenshot-2022-09-08-001845.jpg
  • She DOES have 3 x EX  versions of all her stores
  • Her v-skill looking dash  that we saw in the trailer was not previewed , hopefully we get to see more in the future
  • Her actual dash seems busted good lol,it's really fast
  • She legit steps on you with her backthrow
  •  10AE77D9CB3AD6FAF0FA9A7065EE394DDCEC05CE
  • She can connect level 3 after a light pinwheel ( very good ) 
  • Probably much more that we get to find in the future. She looking good !

I'm surprised she's listed as short range.  Juri has always been a midrange character.  Maybe she's more rushdown oriented in 6.