Stage Select

Street Fighter 6 Lounge: The FGC has a crack problem.

9 hours ago, Daemos said:

I think from the released characters so far (including Cammy) - Guile, Kimberly, Jamie, and Juri have the struck the best balance between classic SF anime proportions and the new photorealistic textures - and did not end up looking weird in any way.

Chun and Ryu (especially in his classic) need more work.

I think it's more that the characters all look amazing when it comes to close-up shots or cinematic shots like in Supers, but can be more mixed when it comes to idle stances or combat poses. Juri and Kimberly look pretty good in their idle poses too though, especially Juri.

My only issue with Kimberly's model is that, depending on the lighting, her skin can get really shiny, and combined with her huge fucking forehead there are several situations where, depending on the lighting, she unfortunately looks like a plastic model. It's unfortunate, since she has a pretty good model.

13 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

Crossing my fingers for the Guardians game getting a follow up. Seeing how Square sold the dev that's not likely to happen.

You could cross your limbs and your organs for that and it still wouldn't happen. It's unfortunate, but SE sent it out to die. And I highly doubt Embracer is going to re-purchase all those Marvel licenses.

Not sure what Marvel has in the pipeline in terms of games outside of the stuff that's already announced (Midnight Suns, Spider-Man 2, Wolverine), but I wouldn't expect too much out of this. 

1 minute ago, delete_me said:

Not sure what Marvel has in the pipeline in terms of games outside of the stuff that's already announced (Midnight Suns, Spider-Man 2, Wolverine), but I wouldn't expect too much out of this. 

There's the rumored Black Panther game being developed by EA 🤢

Amy Henning is working on a Marvel game that hasn't been revealed yet.

15 minutes ago, Daemos said:

I think this is a problem with the artstyle as a whole. Characters can appear too shiny/glossy and I think it makes them ugly and blend in with the background more instead of them pop out against it.

Yeah, you can see it with Chun-Li and Ryu too a little, but there's something with Kimberly's model that I think makes it even more pronounced. Fortunately  the lighting isn't always acting like that.

Her forehead is still really big tho.

It's not a problem, it just reminds me of this.

3 hours ago, delete_me said:

Looking at this new clip I'm really impressed with Kimberly as a whole. On paper I don't really like her design, she's an archetype I never play, she's not even attractive

I don’t mind how she looks, but I saw a comment saying she has the face of the Gerber baby and now I’m unable to unsee that.

So many big flourishes and small details that make her instantly likeable, even if you don't plan on ever taking her into a match.

I love how they’re self aware that she can maybe be too much. Her doing a backflip only to realize that she overextended and quickly get back to the middle in her loading animation is a cute detail. Can’t wait to see her in a match. 

If that's the quality standard we can expect for every newcomer then we're in for one hell of a ride. Can't wait to see how AKI turns out ingame.

Being one of the five FANG fans, AKI by far is my most hyped newcomer. Will she be completely serious in contrast with him, mostly serious with flashes of goofiness l, or will she be totally nutso with having FANG as a teacher supposedly? I’m curious to see how they will portray her. It’s also great that we may get another female villain in the roster. 

1 minute ago, Hawkingbird said:

If Capcom was a western dev it would have been true.

NRS comes to mind. Kerri Hoskins in her 50s looks better than video game Sonya in her 50s. And it's not even close. The Bridgette Wilson skin for Sonya was a two fold godsend. It was an audio and visual upgrade. Ronda Rousey's voice acting is worse than her acting....which is saying something.

9 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

NRS comes to mind. Kerri Hoskins in her 50s looks better than video game Sonya in her 50s. And it's not even close. The Bridgette Wilson skin for Sonya was a two fold godsend. It was an audio and visual upgrade. Ronda Rousey's voice acting is worse than her acting....which is saying something.

While Sonya is a miss I'll say NRS has radically improved with their female faces. Kitana, Sindel, Scarlet,Jade and Cassie got nice faces.

7 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

While Sonya is a miss I'll say NRS has radically improved with their female faces. Kitana, Sindel, Scarlet,Jade and Cassie got nice faces.

They started scanning real peoples faces which was big help. Although in some cases, Jackie comes to mind, they would have been better of sticking to that philosophy. Jackie's face model >> In game model. Although, and I'm not kidding, Sheeva's face model go hosed the worse. That's Sheeva...

Screenshot-2015-12-07-08.32.41-1024x649.

1 hour ago, BornWinner said:

Being one of the five FANG fans, AKI by far is my most hyped newcomer. Will she be completely serious in contrast with him, mostly serious with flashes of goofiness l, or will she be totally nutso with having FANG as a teacher supposedly? I’m curious to see how they will portray her. It’s also great that we may get another female villain in the roster. 

She will probably be a more serious feminine take on FANG  (not that he was particularly masculine) but I don't think she will be sexed up because that's Juri/Laura's territory.

My main hope is that she is a charge character like FANG.

2 hours ago, BornWinner said:

From the artwork, which is arguably very little info to go on, I get the impression of a character with a more subdued presence. I can't really think of an example from SF's roster because the villains are usually rather flashy. Maybe something along the lines of that spider lady from KI.

I just hope she's not a goofball like FANG, that would be a disappointment. We already have Blanka, Rashid, Kimberly, Luke and Jaimie for comic relief, let the villains be really menacing.

3 hours ago, Skort said:

Yea, no.

I always forget to ask you if you could make pictures of all her moves frame by frame since you have a good PC.  Yeah, we are gonna need that for SF6.

4 hours ago, Mattatsu said:

The desperation!

My only hope is that since Combofiend is now working at Marvel that he's whispering in their ears everyday about a new Marvel fighting game.

7 hours ago, elliephil said:

this is random, but two handed guard for Ryu 

That's because Ryu there is gray/burned out, characters in that state have a specific different idle pose and different animation for blocking (a less effective one)

There was a good comparision with Fresh Chun Li next to Burned Out Chun Li blocking multiple strikes... fresh she would blcok rotating the torso to disperse the power of the strikes on the sides, burned out would just stand there and try to absorb the full strike with arms

Same shit goes for Ryu there

Nice detail, the defense of a tired fighter indeed tend to become less dynamic/technical and more about tank strikes and try to weather the storm

Wonder if burned out state cause to suffer more damage on block, would make sense considering the visual change

4 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:

Too bad that Kitana looks now like a discount Chun Li
Also, by proxy she ruined the face of Mileena which was great on MKX

15 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:

Why do you hate fun?

Because that "fun" breaks the aesthetician integrity of a lot of games. It makes sense in fortnite because it's just an revenue stream.

Throw that shit in SF or Guilty Gear and you take a big shit on the IP. Might as well make Bowser's army of koopas and other random SMW enemies into models and put them 40k.

8 minutes ago, Sonero said:

Because that "fun" breaks the aesthetician integrity of a lot of games. It makes sense in fortnite because it's just an avenue stream.

Throw that shit in SF or Guilty Gear and you take a big shit on the IP. Might as well make Bowser's army of koopas and other random SMW enemies into models and put them 40k.

Makes me glad I'm not fan of Namco Allstar Battle, I mean Tekken. Between them and NRS....it like you have dozens of your own characters on the shelf but fuck that we got Noctis  and Predator. 😒