Stage Select

The SF6 Thread: Akuma Incoming!

9 minutes ago, Vhozite said:

As someone who doesn’t know much about VPN’s, is there any risk of the Capcom’s kicking in my door if I do this?

Unless the TOS explicitly says so, it shouldn't be an issue.

I play a lot of games with a VPN on my end since I use it for work and at times I forget I had it on on my laptop.

19 minutes ago, JustBooming said:

I fucked around doing this with VPNs just an hour or two ago, and they all screwed up after a 15 min period then download/decrypting time going to shit. Check Discord for @misterBeeinsights, he knows far more than me about this

Works fine.

I just spent 2 hours in training mode.

Just let the game decrypt/unpack. It'll keep giving you wildly different ETAs but it doesn't matter.  Leave it on and eventually it'll finish.  All it's doing is extracting the files it downloaded -- Steam doesn't even connect to the internet while doing it, so your VPN has no effect on the process.

Ngl some of these trials are harder than I was expecting. Some of it is fatigue on my end, but you definitely need to be on point for some of these, especially if it’s your first time using the character. I’m doing Ken’s Advanced 4 right now and the timing on the combo is very tight even though it’s not hard to understand. Definitely had to watch some demonstrations. So far I struggle with the Drive Rush combos  from lights the most.

As of this post I’ve finished Marisa, Manon, Cammy, and I’ve don’t all but the very last on Ken and Lily.

Edited by Vhozite

What’s the reason Manon’s heavy wheel kick does less damage and starts slower than the medium? Maybe I’m sleepy but I can’t figure it out 

Edit: Her s.hp is easily confirmable into the target combo. Safe on block too at -3.

Edited by Vhozite

Cammy’s dives seem ok. You can make the meterless versions plus as long as you’re hitting below the waist. Hitting them in the feet I could manage +3 on block and in the head it’s -5. On hit they are at worst +2, and perfect spacing they can be a whopping +9 on hit. EX has a tiny bit more advantage on block and is always safe (-2 at the worst). But advantage seems the same as meterless, tho it’s worth noting it’s cancelable into air SA2. So if you want to be cute Cammy can jump at you and do j.mp xx EX.Strike and hit confirm into super. On block she’s +2 or +3.

As you’d expect her buttons are pretty good, though the only one that’s plus on block is cr.hp (roughly same animation as SFV).

Spin Knuckle is legit. Light and medium are both safe on block, medium has fireball invul, and heavy has the fireball invul and is plus on block. 

Also FYI the overhead from hooligan is safe but not plus. Take your turn if you block it.

Edited by Vhozite
Just now, TWINBLADES said:

65K Steam and 98K Twitch 

these don’t even count Xbox and PS numbers. Safe to say SF is back on top. 

I do hope that the scene at least learns to be more healthy than on the sf4 days, and other games still manage to shine as well.

Having only 1 or 2 games dominating is not healthy for the scene at all.

The last current years were actually in a way good for the scene, without SFV being the obsession we had a great variety of games being played.

Edited by Hecatom

Last post then I’m turning in for the night.

Juri’s dives can be made safe,  it for the most part the are unsafe. Best I could manage was -3. Anything above the waist can be punished. 

Not a fan of light wheel knocking down here.

Idk if I’m the only one who didn’t know but all Juri’s store kicks are unsafe up close. 
L/M/H/EX are -4/-6/-8/-12 respectively. She does that shit in a block string her turn is over. 

Her overhead is -3 on block and before you no she doesn’t get links from it in FSE. It is however +1 on block from a drive rush. 

Her cr.mp is +5 on hit, enough for her to link Tensenrin on hit if she’s close.

Her dash travels pretty damn far. It’s 22 frames but it goes far. Two dashes from full screen buts her in throw range. Far as I can tell it’s not buffed in FSE tho. 

Speaking of that, FSE in addition to the chain combos it makes every button besides overhead cancelable. She can do shit like sweep drive rush for pressure.

One thing I forgot to mention yesterday is that I was a bit flabbergasted when I realised that JP has a counter. This might have been known beforehand but I only noticed it by accident. So in addition to his nutty keepaway game and the three defensive system mechanics at his disposal, he can also use a counter which summons a bomb onto his enemy that works a bit like Bison's Trigger II in SFV (if I'm not mistaken).

If that guy doesn't end up being Über S-Tier I'll never look at Cammy's butt ever again.

I've noticed with a lot of the divekicks that you basically have to hit the feet on most characters to get any kind of conversion. Dhalsim drills placement is the difference between taking or losing your turn. You practically have to be hitting the opponents feet.

If Dhalsim hits Ryu's waist on block, -4 at least.

Even if you hit with the drill in seemingly the same spot, it can vary the frame advantage between something or nothing.

I know this is a dumb question to ask on this board due to possible bias and the game literally releasing today, but is it good so far? Better than V? I'm thinking about picking it up just because a lot of reviews seem to be good for it and my gaming drought is real right now. I'm not liking the character designs and artstyle that much, but if the game is good I can overlook that.

6 minutes ago, axeman61 said:

I know this is a dumb question to ask on this board due to possible bias and the game literally releasing today, but is it good so far? Better than V? I'm thinking about picking it up just because a lot of reviews seem to be good for it and my gaming drought is real right now. I'm not liking the character designs and artstyle that much, but if the game is good I can overlook that.

It is fun and most of us enjoyed the beta a lot. I think if you didn't like V, you will really like 6.

10 minutes ago, axeman61 said:

Yes

37 minutes ago, axeman61 said:

This game shits furiously on SFV in almost every possible way

It certainly leaves a significantly better first impression. Even though I enjoyed the early days of SFV there were still things that made me scratch my head from Day One, like the input lag, the bad AAs and the uneven V-Trigger strengths. 6 has none of these immediate red flags or faults that jump out of the screen, it's just fun to play and see what you can make of it. Whether people will still be positive about it in one, two or three years, nobody can say, but if you like fighting games there's really no reason to give this a miss right now.

Edited by delete_me

So far I’ve narrowed it down to Cammy, Marisa, or Manon. Cammy I felt right at home but Marisa and Manon I need help or more time figuring out a gameplan. I will say Manon requires more brainpower than i expected.

Lily and especially Gief were a bit too slow for me. I know the former has a safe advancing special but I couldn’t cope. Ken is better than I originally thought but also just not for me since he doesn’t very little of what I actually like.

Juri I’m really on the fence about. She doesn’t seem bad necessarily but I also found her to be really boring outside of FSE. Probably need a dedicated Juri player to show me the way. I will say I LOVE that store is a proper special now with EX, different versions for every button, and can be done even while stocked. 

Edited by Vhozite
6 hours ago, Hecatom said:

ohh-no-not-sexy-outfit-in-video-game-f-a

AHAHAHAHA 🤣

Nostalgia Alt was leaked like 6 months ago if not more, plus being very predictable due most of SF2ers getting nostalgia

As predicted they realized being trolled only after they got scammed hard into believe SF bent to their bullshit, when was just the surface made to grab 9.something score everywhere in the west

Show once more how retarded western "gaming journalism" became, anybody with minimal knowledge/competence would have seen the whole SF6 being woke as a VERY thin mask lmao, but competence is something they never had, just their politics and mouth full of shit

Dracula-bram-stoker GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

17 hours ago, mykka said:

Goodbye to SFV and to the following characters which are unlikely to ever return:

Necalli

FANG

Kolin

Abigail

Zeku

Falke

Lucia

Akira

rip-bozo.gif

Kolin might make it as DLC tho.

13 hours ago, Hecatom said:

Dunno how you niggas fail a simple double tap.

Is one of the easiest moves to do, if you can dash, you can 22

Sounds like all of you should be playing with modern controls 😏

I can do 22 motions but I can't DR. 😭

On 5/31/2023 at 9:56 PM, JustBooming said:

Once @Voltgets the game, can we have a bet/bribe that makes him have to earn and wear the Blankachan costume for a month?

(Edit: ingame)

If anyone gets me the Deluxe Edition and tells me how to get the costume, I'll do it.

Ultimate Edition and I'll do it for 2 months and only play Blanka on the first big lobby we do.