Stage Select

The Street Fighter V Thread

1 minute ago, Hecatom said:

Oof, i dunno if it was fixed down the line, but the game ran like ass on pc at the beginning.

Wasnt right at start as I rarely buy games on launch day. 

I kinda wait out a bit for the price to drop and maybe a few patches. 

It is indeed much harder for devs to optimise for PC looking at how many different hardware configurations there can be.  

The debate between pc and console is hilarious to me though. Each platform has it's own perks and cons. Chose what's best for your needs. In my case it's PC.

10 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

People worried about which platform other people game on need to grow the fuck up already. Leave the juvenile nonsense in middle school. Seriously, what is it people worried about what other people are doing this days? Worry about your own life and keep your nose out other peoples business. 

Or what? You think I'm scared of you and your spaghetti arms?

Spoiler

I'm kidding, man. You have twice the biceps I have 😔

4 minutes ago, Mattatsu said:

Guys, Cipher came to an SFV thread to tell people what a trash game he thinks it is, repeatedly, for years...

If you think he is going to stop sticking his nose in your business, then i don’t know what to tell you.

Some people seem to be can't seem to accept that opinions and preferences vary. This is exacerbated by the social media age. 

40 minutes ago, Skort said:

What i dislike are exclusive deals , like forcing the consumer to buy a certain platform in order to play that game, lets say God of War for example. But it is what it is, money talks and they have to lure people in somehow. 

They can't help it.

While PC vs. Console have their set of inherent advantages and disadvantages, Console vs Console, namely Playstation vs. Xbox are entirely decided on exclusives because the hardware is all but interchangeable.

Hecatom is right about Consoles living and dying by their exclusives.

15 minutes ago, Skort said:

Wasnt right at start as I rarely buy games on launch day. 

I kinda wait out a bit for the price to drop and maybe a few patches. 

It is indeed much harder for devs to optimise for PC looking at how many different hardware configurations there can be.  

The debate between pc and console is hilarious to me though. Each platform has it's own perks and cons. Chose what's best for your needs. In my case it's PC.

Exactly.

At the end of the day, you buy a console/pc based on your own necessities, priorities and where the game you like and your friends are.

I for example, usually end buying all the consoles ,Minus Xbox, since i don't like the exclusives and no one i play with is on xbox.

Although i bought one this gen because a friend needed money and as a favor i bought it from him.

It was my KI machine, but that shit keeps soft bricking all the time.

And now that everything from MS will be out on the lolboxes and PC, there is zero reason to own one.

With just having the gamepass you are golden.

Right now i have my PS consoles, a PC and Laptop and a Switch.

I am all covered, lol.

1 minute ago, Volt said:

They can't help it.

While PC vs. Console have their set of inherent advantages and disadvantages, Console vs Console, namely Playstation vs. Xbox are entirely decided on exclusives because the hardware is all but interchangeable.

Hecatom is right about Consoles living and dying by their exclusives.

Oh I know.

The living and dying part is oh so true.

This is why Killer Instinct never reached it's full potential despite being an awesome game. It was a xbox exclusive for a long time. 

Nintendo and Sony, usually, develop games to sell their platforms. They get a cut of every third party game that sells on their systems. So they want to push as much hardware as possible not only to sell their games because boost the sales of their development partners because that garners more licensing fees.  Windows is MS platform, whether you buy it on Xbox or PC, it really doesn't matter to MS at this point. They don't have the same goals anymore.

4 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Nintendo and Sony, usually, develop games to sell their platforms. They get a cut of every third party game that sells on their systems. So they want to push as much hardware as possible not only to sell their games because boost the sales of their development partners because that garners more licensing fees.  Windows is MS platform, whether you buy it on Xbox or PC, it really doesn't matter to MS at this point. They don't have the same goals anymore.

Yeah, they are more interested on selling you a service, and is only logical, seeing how Windows has more reach than Xbox, combining both platforms is just the logical next step.

Just now, Skort said:

I ain't no marketing expert but I do wonder who  thought  the name Xbox x series x was a good name for the console.

I legit feel like I watched the entire X-Men TAS series when i'm done pronouncing it lol 

The rationale I can think of is that it was scam to help clear out old Xbox One X and Xbox One S inventory. I remember Xbox One X sales spiking after the Series X announcement.

4 minutes ago, Skort said:

I ain't no marketing expert but I do wonder who  thought  the name Xbox x series x was a good name for the console.

I legit feel like I watched the entire X-Men TAS series when i'm done pronouncing it lol 

If i had to take a guess.

I pressume that MS is just going with the conventions of tech companies, like how they all use random letter/number generators to name shit like CPUs, GPUS, graphic cards, etc 🤣

2 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Windows is MS platform, whether you buy it on Xbox or PC, it really doesn't matter to MS at this point. They don't have the same goals anymore.

That's kinda inaccurate because Xbox as a brand still gotta be able to stand against Playstation to warrant the investment on it even existing.

Just now, BornWinner said:

I brought Xrd on Steam a while ago. It runs fine until I actually get into a match both offline and online, where it then plays at like 30 FPS. I only have an HP laptop, is there anyway I can get it to run correctly or is it no good?

Assuming your specs can handle it, it's probably some configuration issue.

Try setting anything that's related to performance mode or whatever. Does your Laptop have a graphics card?

1 minute ago, BornWinner said:

While this is going on, I have a question to ask.

I brought Xrd on Steam a while ago. It runs fine until I actually get into a match both offline and online, where it then plays at like 30 FPS. I only have an HP laptop, is there anyway I can get it to run correctly or is it no good?

Have you toyed with the drivers and the graphic card settings?

2 minutes ago, BornWinner said:

While this is going on, I have a question to ask.

You need to tweak it in the .ini files. You can uncap the frame rate and make the game look absolutely gorgeous.

Tutorial

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=818606016

7 minutes ago, Volt said:

That's kinda inaccurate because Xbox as a brand still gotta be able to stand against Playstation to warrant the investment on it even existing.

Xbox is just around for people that won't game on PC. It's another way to sell Gamepass. Gamepass is their true platform now. Everything else is a vehicle to sell that platform. Nintendo uses Mario to sell Switches. Microsoft uses various platforms (PC, Xbox, Phones) to sell Gamepass.

6 minutes ago, Volt said:

Try setting anything that's related to performance mode or whatever. Does your Laptop have a graphics card?

I believe so. I’ll have to leave work before I can actually confirm it though.

6 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

Have you toyed with the drivers and the graphic card settings?

I have never changed anything on my laptop to play a game. This is a completely new experience  for me.

10 minutes ago, Skort said:

Tutorial

That does look good. And that’ll fix the slowdown I have when I play as well?

8 minutes ago, Skort said:

You need to tweak it in the .ini files. You can uncap the frame rate and make the game look absolutely gorgeous.

Tutorial

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=818606016

I don't think this will help in Born's case, he's having performance issues. The game isn't really trying to run at 30fps.

unknown.png

I had forgotten how absurd Xrd's specs are. I have no idea why ArcSys didn't port Xrd to the Switch, I'm pretty sure this thing can run even on a smart fridge. 🤣

Strive is also on the same BS, just look at this nonsense.

unknown.png

1 minute ago, BornWinner said:

I have never changed anything on my laptop to play a game. This is a completely new experience  for me.

Don't worry, on most times this kind of thing happens, it's easy to figure out the issue.

I'm like, 90% sure your laptop's power settings aren't on "high performance", that's probably why the FPS is getting capped at 30.

Similarly, if you got a graphics card, the game is trying to use the CPU instead of the GPU (this happens to me a lot on BB games when first installed), super easy to fix too. You'll just need to make some adjustments on the GPU's control panel.

A non-gaming laptop might just not have the juice though, that's the only thing that's just not possible to fix. Once you're done with work, post your specs and we'll know. 👍

20 minutes ago, Volt said:

Don't worry, on most times this kind of thing happens, it's easy to figure out the issue.

I'm like, 90% sure your laptop's power settings aren't on "high performance", that's probably why the FPS is getting capped at 30.

Similarly, if you got a graphics card, the game is trying to use the CPU instead of the GPU (this happens to me a lot on BB games when first installed), super easy to fix too. You'll just need to make some adjustments on the GPU's control panel.

A non-gaming laptop might just not have the juice though, that's the only thing that's just not possible to fix. Once you're done with work, post your specs and we'll know. 👍

You beat me to it. That'll cause games to run at 30fps. Good looking out Volt.

Edited by Darc_Requiem
3 minutes ago, BornWinner said:

@Darc_RequiemI guess. Like I said, I haven't done anything with this so I'm just running at what it was when I first used it.

I don't suppose your laptop has a sticker saying anything related to Nvidia, GeForce, AMD or Radeon on it, right?

If you don't have a graphics card... don't expect to run this game well. At all.

Maybe at very low resolutions if you really want to, but if you can still claim the refund, you should go for it. Ain't a lot that can be done in this case.

Just to make sure, have you ever tried playing other games on it? If so, what games?

12 minutes ago, BornWinner said:

@Darc_RequiemI guess. Like I said, I haven't done anything with this so I'm just running at what it was when I first used it.

Real talk up until there recent released 11 Gen laptop CPUs. Intel Integrated Graphics were pretty bad. I remember when Intel released the Hades Canyon NUC. They actually got AMD to built them a custom Vega GPU for it. 

Side Note: RIP Kevin. The guy who made this video passed away. He was cool reviewer. If you watch Hardware Unboxed videos. They have a teddy bear on the shelf in the background in his honor.

Edited by Darc_Requiem
1 minute ago, Volt said:

I don't suppose your laptop has a sticker saying anything related to Nvidia, GeForce, AMD or Radeon on it, right?

If you don't have a graphics card... don't expect to run this game well. At all.

Maybe at very low resolutions if you really want to, but if you can still claim the refund, you should go for it. Ain't a lot that can be done in this case.

Just to make sure, have you ever tried playing other games on it? If so, what games?

I see. And my laptop came with none of those, so I guess I'm SOL. It's fine though. I managed to get the entire game for like 13 dollars. Still wish I could play thoughl.

And other games I have played were Accent Core, SamSho 5, Va-11 Hall-A, and Skullgirls. They all ran pretty well.

10 minutes ago, BornWinner said:

I see. And my laptop came with none of those, so I guess I'm SOL. It's fine though. I managed to get the entire game for like 13 dollars. Still wish I could play thoughl.

And other games I have played were Accent Core, SamSho 5, Va-11 Hall-A, and Skullgirls. They all ran pretty well.

Not gonna look pretty but... You could try throwing everything at minimum and 480p and see how it runs.

Then go up until you can't maintain stable 60fps even during crazy bs like instant kills.

Max and I have the same problem.  I was fine with the game getting delayed but the new release date is now the same as FF7 Remake Yuffie episode.  Now I'll have no idea what to play.   

And how much you wanna bet Capcom releases Oro shortly after/on the same date.  I can guarantee they pull some shit like that.  

33 minutes ago, Volt said:

Not gonna look pretty but... You could try throwing everything at minimum and 480p and see how it runs.

Then go up until you can't maintain stable 60fps even during crazy bs like instant kills.

While I hate what it turns my screen into, I was able to play a match online at 800 x 600 for my display and 800 x 450 for the game itself. Wasn’t any slowdown at all besides the loading screen. Thanks!

24 minutes ago, HeavensCloud said:

And how much you wanna bet Capcom releases Oro shortly after/on the same date.  I can guarantee they pull some shit like that.  

That’s way too smart for Capcom to do. They will probably not even have Oro ready by then and just give out another free trial.

29 minutes ago, HeavensCloud said:

I was fine with the game getting delayed but the new release date is now the same as FF7 Remake Yuffie episode. 

What the...
Either ArcSys is betting there isn't a lot of overlap between playerbases, or they're being hella disrespectful. They deadass dropping Strive on the exact same day as one of Square Enix flagship titles and one of Sony's latest flagship titles? 

This makes absolutely no sense, they're gonna get overshadowed to hell and back, someone get me their marketing team's email, I gotta let em know they're fucking out of their mind man...

1 hour ago, Volt said:

What the...
Either ArcSys is betting there isn't a lot of overlap between playerbases, or they're being hella disrespectful. They deadass dropping Strive on the exact same day as one of Square Enix flagship titles and one of Sony's latest flagship titles? 

This makes absolutely no sense, they're gonna get overshadowed to hell and back, someone get me their marketing team's email, I gotta let em know they're fucking out of their mind man...

Yeah definitely some overlap.  A LOT of people play FF7 remake.   If I were ArcSys I wouldn't want to be competing with SE on this.  

Edited by HeavensCloud
12 hours ago, Mattatsu said:

Guys, Cipher came to an SFV thread to tell people what a trash game he thinks it is, repeatedly, for years...

If you think he is going to stop sticking his nose in your business, then i don’t know what to tell you.

And basically everyone agrees with me at this point.

I consider this a succes, even if nothing of this succes might be on my end!

Also going into a SFV thread to say SFV sucks, ain't against the point of the thread chief.

Now if I would sit here and whine about Strive being shit, because it's not a real GG, now that would be off topic and not fitting.

9 hours ago, HeavensCloud said:

Thats to smart for Capcom. But they gonna hit the red button and SFV will be free for 2 weeks or so.

Just like they did with every god damn FG release the past 2 years now.