Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 2.0

27 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

You know, while i do think that people should be free to pursuit any hobby they like as long as they are not harming anyone, and be free to express themselves as well, within those same parameters.

There is this undeniable romantization in rescent years of being "quirky".

You see it in all media.

Where the characters are written as "relatable" and full of little "quirks" and excentricities.

And while the idea behind of it doesnt come from ill will, the fact is that many people those days think that others should put up with their bullshit, just because they are being themselves.

No bitch, a well adjusted individual knows that there is a time and place for everything.

This why we have now a lot of idiots with a huge lack of common sense doing stupid stuff like telling dick jokes to their coworkers regardless if they are close enough to them to say those jokes or not.

We've had several years of 'nerds=good guys, jocks/popular kids=bad guys" programming from movies and media so thats probably  part of why a lot of kids go for quirky. Most teenagers aren't very self aware though anyway,  the ones that are usually have gone thru some trauma. 

31 minutes ago, DangerousJ said:

MegaBee productions,   and  Lucasfilm present....

The Mandalorian

Starhammer as Mayfield

the series seems to be keeping up and I've heard that the 2nd season finale went off great, so I may go check it out now.  if this mayfield guy sucks I'm gonna throw rocks at you.

Edited by Deadly_Raver
2 hours ago, DangerousJ said:

MegaBee productions   and  Lucasfilm present....

The Mandalorian

Infernoman as Din Djarin

Dangerous J as Grogu/ The Child

Stuart Hayden as IG-11

Maxx as Greef Karga

Optimus124 as Moff Gideon

Smash players as Dark Troopers

Starhammer as Mayfield

Neesa as Ahsoka Tano

Darksakul as Boba Fett

Matriarch as Frog Lady

RSG3 as Cobb Vanth

Chadouken as Luke Skywalker

Well, that sure is nepotism. 

Neither Neesa or Matriarch pist here but got the parts anyway. 

Court TV has live coverage of this case about Joel Guy...he's on trial for apparently murdering and dismembering his parents.  The motive? They were going to cut him off financially.  They have so much evidence against this dude; he has absolutely no chance.  He even had notes to himself about it, and of course they have that as evidence too... along with receipts from when he went to Walmart to buy things with mom and dad's money later.  

There must have been many years of pent up hatred there; he stabbed his mom "at least 31 times" they said...same goes for dad.  He also had their body parts in some acidic solution, likely in hopes of dissolving everything.  Imagine how screwed up that is---your own child ends up being the person that kills you.

ok...some STRONG aroma of slanted media bullshit (*like how did they magically change it to "$2000 stimulus" when saying GOP blocked it?  Wasn't it a "$600 stimulus" just a little while ago, and that relatively small amount is WHY ol' Donny was against it in the first place? ...and notice how once again only 1 side is shown as responsible instead of the headline saying "Congress fails to agree.."  C'mon, bruh..) with the latest headlines concerning the stimulus checks, but I'd agree that politics isn't a fun topic to bat around for most people.

A friend was going on about the stimulus topic yesterday... sad thing is that he most likely won't get it since he's been working that shitty ass 1099-status job for the past few years...that's why he didn't get the first stimulus.  I guess he's just being stubbornly optimistic that he'll actually get it this time. Lesson learned there--- a "1099" contract job is just a bad deal, folks... unless you're making way more money than you would be earning at a regular job.... I mean really---you get no benefits, no paid time off, and if you lose that "job" through no fault of your own, you can't even get unemployment benefits from that, at least under normal circumstances. (*this year has only been an exception to that rule due to the pandemic.)...oh and no retirement benefits either.  It's just a bad deal all around.  I think he just has accepted a reality of having no other options for making regular income.

Edited by MillionX

CourtTV's coverage on Joel Guy is still on...

The guy actually had a notebook with very detailed info and reminders written to himself...this corroborates everything, basically...notes like "turn heat up to 90 to speed up decomposition.." (and apparently melt fingerprints? I didn't know that could happen..?) and "remove the clothes and take them for disposal.."  That notebook easily seals his fate, imo.  It spells everything out, point by point.  The whole time in court, he's showing absolutely no emotion about any of this, of course.

..a bit disappointing to see this actually isn't live though... 

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/joel-guy-jr-e2-80-98thinks-he-e2-80-99s-smarter-than-he-really-is-e2-80-99-says-judge-during-sentencing/ar-BB1bag0Z

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-states/tennessee/articles/2020-11-20/judge-orders-2-life-sentences-for-man-who-killed-parents

Yup smashers have and  mcrib has forever tarnished our image.   I mean we were always assholes but we were still truly inclusive.   It wasn't until we started adding them ppl that we started having all these real problems.       I mean this is the community that saw our girl ricki go through her whole transition and from what I am aware of were mostly supportive.      Over here giving out free trips to japan and all that.    We da best, even when we are simping XD

47 minutes ago, Angel said:

Yup smashers have and  mcrib has forever tarnished our image.   I mean we were always assholes but we were still truly inclusive.   It wasn't until we started adding them ppl that we started having all these real problems.       I mean this is the community that saw our girl ricki go through her whole transition and from what I am aware of were mostly supportive.      Over here giving out free trips to japan and all that.    We da best, even when we are simping XD

I would personally argue the current/ongoing collapse of SRK is the more tarnishing of the two things. So much technical stuff is archived in the tech talk section, without it we're fucked.

Smash players can go congregate in the corner of the convention center for all I care tbh 😤

23 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

It's called shame because you partake in a hobby a couple other shitty people also happen to partake in  

Mostly, also I just don't care to debate about it if the other party is informed. I have a real life with real problems, defending an imaginary club of games isn't high on my list of priorities.

That said I'll Rain kick you all around the world when the stars align.

3 minutes ago, Maxx said:

LOL smash is not fgc. 

Who said we where only talking about Smash? In fact the post you responded to specifically mentions the FGC, not the Smash scene. 

Joey Ceuller trying to get an underage kid to show him his hard dick is Pedo behaivor. He's peak FGC member. 

Edited by RSG3
54 minutes ago, YourFavGrandpa said:

I would personally argue the current/ongoing collapse of SRK is the more tarnishing of the two things. So much technical stuff is archived in the tech talk section, without it we're fucked.

Smash players can go congregate in the corner of the convention center for all I care tbh 😤

tech talk was one of the few useful things SRK always had unlike other sites

7 minutes ago, AYO?! said:

I see you still take offhanded joke comments too seriously. I play Smash, but I lump everything in with it these days.

Why argue with someone who thinks it is a party game or a fighting game, wasted energy really.

Why? Because it's still funny to me. I have friends who love smash and I love to give them shit about it not being fgc. Plus smasher still wanna be accepted as fgc. They literally have the bigger community yet for some fuckin reason wanna be in the Fgc cool kids club. It's just silly and I love the anarchy of it all. 

If Smashers didn't still have the mentality of a kid gettin bullied in 8th grade they'd realize their community should be doin what the fgc did back in the day and be running their own big ass tournaments. But they want everyone's approval.. From Nintendo... To fgc...to just basically everyone. They don't know how to just say fuck everyone and do their own thing. 

smashers are different they don't really belong

funny fact i haven't played a single smash game my entire life

and this is from someone who owned a N64

i never really give a shit about the game

although now having a switch i'd like to try it someday only if nintendo would lower their prices for once

Edited by rukawa_kaede
Just now, rukawa_kaede said:

smashers are different they don't really belong

funny fact i haven't played a single smash game my entire life

and this is from someone who owned a N64

i never really give a shit about the game

although now having a switch i'd like to try it someday only if nintendo would lower his prices for once

LOL I played it for fun on gc after school. But legit had no fucking clue their was a competitive scene til way into the 2000s probably like right around the rebirth of the fgc as a whole. 

3 minutes ago, Maxx said:

LOL I played it for fun on gc after school. But legit had no fucking clue their was a competitive scene til way into the 2000s probably like right around the rebirth of the fgc as a whole. 

yeah i'll never play it competitively with those made out rules but i could play the game for fun as it is anyday.

33 minutes ago, Maxx said:

LOL their literally wasn't an argument Goin on. You said a smart ass comment and i replied with one. 

Never said there was buddy, this is just how I respond now instead of instigating one. You posted your methods, this is what I do.

It's good to see you again though, been wondering about a few of you since I abandoned the SRK ship years ago.