Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 2.0

5 hours ago, scorp said:

Father in law just had surgery to remove a cancerous growth in his ear... But he went to get it checked out too late and it's in late stages now. It kept inching closer and closer to his brain and they couldn't get everything.

We heard about it right before christmas and went to see him yesterday. He's renting a place on his own, so we convinced him to live with us. So he can be with family and in a loving environment.

My wife is gutted... He's an older dude though, 83 I think. I love him too, I hope we can make his last months (hopefully years) as comfortable as possible.

The hits just keep on coming...

sorry to hear that man.

1 hour ago, Angel said:

Make sure you guys report these dumb ass post otherwise it will look like I was just being a dick and censoring obvious trolls and lunatics and then their shitty enablers will start crying to the admin about it.  Thx

Anyways this song and this video always fucks with me

You still butthurt I went above your head because you were trying to abuse the little bit of shine you got here? 🤣

11 minutes ago, DoctaMario said:

You still butthurt I went above your head because you were trying to abuse the little bit of shine you got here? 🤣

Regardless of who is or isn't butthurt he is correct in that this is how the report/mega downvote function works.  If you strongly dislike a certain post make sure to MEGA DOWNVOTE that shit. 🙂

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas and has a Happy New Year!!!

27 minutes ago, misterBee said:

Regardless of who is or isn't butthurt he is correct in that this is how the report/mega downvote function works.  If you strongly dislike a certain post make sure to MEGA DOWNVOTE that shit. 🙂

Nah he's still mad butthurt because  he's mentioned it a few times over the last few weeks 🤣 Cant just say 'report the posts" he gotta add in the last part too. 

I hope you had a great Christmas and have a great new years too Mr.B

Naw I just want to give a reason to the people that actually deserve it.   I don't want them coming at me later asking why this and that happened.    Couldn't really care less tbh, shits just another source of amusement for me but I try to balance that by trying to keep mrbee from going insane.   That being said ya'll don't blame me, my hands are tied.  I am just going with the flow.  

1 hour ago, misterBee said:

actually, I do have a question or two about that.

There are relatively few of us posting here, so how do we count a post as Mega Downvoted?  If three or four people hit it, does that count?  what if it's just a bad joke?  I'm just wondering how these things are handled for the future.

11 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

@Deadly_RaverNeed to know where she lives for context. When my dad was in NY in 1970, his dad was paying $1200 a month for rent.

I don't know where she lives, but I'm thinking she'd be better off paying a mortgage if the rent is that high anyway.  If the Mort is even high than the rent...................SHE MUST MOVE.  I know the place I live in is cheap, but electricity and water flow the same no matter where you live, just the amounts you pay for the services. 

Speaking of such services,  I'm wonder what the rest of you think about this:  Buying stock in utilities during the new year.  Even when the C-Virus hit, stuff like Electricity and water never missed a beat so I'm thinking they might be safe stocks to start building on.  That and Vanguard might be the right way to go but I'd like any info or advice the people here have.

5 minutes ago, Deadly_Raver said:

actually, I do have a question or two about that.

There are relatively few of us posting here, so how do we count a post as Mega Downvoted?  If three or four people hit it, does that count?  what if it's just a bad joke?  I'm just wondering how these things are handled for the future.

There is an adjustable threshold that I control.  After a certain amount of reports the post will be automatically hidden.  The mod team and I are only here to enforce the rules.  If a post isn't against the rules but enough people hate it and report it then it will disappear without our involvement.

Doesn't matter if it was just a bad joke or not -- if everyone reports a post it's gonna get hidden.  This is a community, and so it is expected that you guys should be able to police yourselves at least a little bit.

9 minutes ago, misterBee said:

There is an adjustable threshold that I control.  After a certain amount of reports the post will be automatically hidden.  The mod team and I are only here to enforce the rules.  If a post isn't against the rules but enough people hate it and report it then it will disappear without our involvement.

Doesn't matter if it was just a bad joke or not -- if everyone reports a post it's gonna get hidden.  This is a community, and so it is expected that you guys should be able to police yourselves at least a little bit.

Uh oh.  That's putting the power in the hands of madmen.

9 minutes ago, AYO?! said:

I would just ask myself what would Robocop do, but as it would usually lead to a data spike into the jugular, I have to re-evaluate this line of thinking.

spacer.png

speaking of which, Why on earth did Robocop think it was necessary to give that one guy a 9mm castration? 

What do the doctors even DO for that?  You KNOW they're gonna do him dirty when they find out how it happened.  Probably give him a hot pink coin purse down there and be like,"Make sure you shake that shit twice a day susie."

38 minutes ago, Deadly_Raver said:

I'm wonder what the rest of you think about this:  Buying stock in utilities during the new year.  Even when the C-Virus hit, stuff like Electricity and water never missed a beat so I'm thinking they might be safe stocks to start building on.  That and Vanguard might be the right way to go but I'd like any info or advice the people here have.

Once upon a time utilities were stable stocks that you would just hold and collect the dividends from.

Then Enron happened.

Not sure where things stand these days.

(If by "Vanguard" you mean an index fund, that's about as good as it gets.)

58 minutes ago, Deadly_Raver said:

I don't know where she lives, but I'm thinking she'd be better off paying a mortgage if the rent is that high anyway.  If the Mort is even high than the rent...................SHE MUST MOVE.  I know the place I live in is cheap, but electricity and water flow the same no matter where you live, just the amounts you pay for the services. 

Speaking of such services,  I'm wonder what the rest of you think about this:  Buying stock in utilities during the new year.  Even when the C-Virus hit, stuff like Electricity and water never missed a beat so I'm thinking they might be safe stocks to start building on.  That and Vanguard might be the right way to go but I'd like any info or advice the people here have.

My dude typically if rent is x amount a dollars. A mortgage in an equivalent area is more. Few people outside people in construction other industries were frequent moving is possible would rent. People rent, usually because they can't afford a house or they need to be able to move quickly. My co-worker literally excepted a transfer to our branch 7 months before he showed up because he had to sell his house first. Things like that aren't an issue for renters the only thing you have to content with the fee for breaking your lease which varies from state to state. When I lived in Louisiana breaking a lease was cheap where as South Carolina is expensive as fuck.

49 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

When I lived in Louisiana breaking a lease was cheap where as South Carolina is expensive as fuck.

Exactly.  If I cannot afford the rent or mortgage in one place, I would have to go to where I can.  $3k rent?  I know there are cheaper places here in America.  Time to pack the bags girl.

3 hours ago, M A R T I A N said:

I love that Starhammer posted that Pic of the black chick struggling with rent, thinking he was dropping some mad knowledge on us. It's so precious 

Now watch all these "by your own bootstraps" people gladly accept this $2,000 check next week tho.  👀

If that invalidates what I said I must have missed it.  You want to explain?

2 hours ago, Deadly_Raver said:

If that invalidates what I said I must have missed it.  You want to explain?

He saying that people that are against stimulus checks are hypocrites because they'll accept and spend them like everyone else. It's similar to the healthcare situation from near ten year's back. Congressman steadfastly against the healthcare plan that they had. They weren't turning down the coverage but damned if the average Joe had it.

1 hour ago, Darc_Requiem said:

He saying that people that are against stimulus checks are hypocrites because they'll accept and spend them like everyone else. It's similar to the healthcare situation from near ten year's back. Congressman steadfastly against the healthcare plan that they had. They weren't turning down the coverage but damned if the average Joe had it.

okay then, let me ask once more:

Did that invalidate anything I said? 

10 hours ago, AYO?! said:

I mean he was trying to get his rape on, and Robert Cop taught him that's no good. The collab remake makes that scene hilarious at least, with dozens of dudes coming out of the woodwork with their dongs hanging out and Robo goes on a shooting spree.

lol.  Robocop was like,"Well, I can't really arrest him for rape if he can't rape anybody, so.............." 

BOOM! HEADSHOT!

Another saying that always irked me a bit was like that song by Biggie--- "Mo' money, mo' problems..."  It's another one of those bullshyte sayings, man...really, what's the better situation....to be broke or even moderately wealthy?  I'd pick the big money every time without question.  I'd challenge anyone to think of it in even more realistic terms...

That time in life where you were unemployed for a while, if ever.

vs.

The other times when you were/are at a job or working for yourself making regular income.

C'mon, we all know which scenario is better.  I'm not even sure you could say this is a matter of opinion, either.  ..even at a job you hate, that regular cashflow solves more problems than it creates if we're being realistic about things.

One thing I actually did need is more socks, and a box of that just happened to be one of my presents...for some reason socks have this tendency to fade away from the universe, like Thanos is erasing their existence on occasion.  Other than that, I got some niiiice cash.

My friend's kids are always easy to shop for; they just wanted specific video games as usual (all on the Switch; yes they have a taste for the finer things in life, indeed)...so once I bought those 3 games and something for my parents, that was the extent of my christmas shopping.

3 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

As someone who lives in a country with universal health care it baffles me why anyone would be against it.

It has been a life saver in multiple times.

Like the time i had a Pancreatitis, i was hospitalized for 3 weeks.

If it werent for the UHC, i would have ended witha crippling debt for an emergency that was out of my control due some gallstone moving and almost killing me.