Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 2.0

..like the wishes thing... J. Campea brought this and many other things up---what happens if there's contradictory wishes?  What if 1 person wished a certain person to die, but that same person was wishing to be immortal?  What if amidst all the chaos, someone actually had the wish for everything to go back to normal?  There is now the issue of which wishes take "priority" over the others...does the "back to normal" wish cancel everyone else's out, or..?  haha there's so many questionable things about this situation.

..and I doubt most people would renounce their wish, even if it ultimately fucks up the world.  More than likely, I wouldn't give mine up.  (*perhaps the immortal/invincible combo, or maybe to "be a Kryptonian" or "become as powerful as Darkseid", "be like Martian Manhunter" [arguably a better deal than Superman, actually, in terms of powers] etc....then again, in that time of the movie, the world isn't yet aware of Kal El's existence.)

...yeah, better to wish for a superhero powerset than "just" immortality/invincibility.  I'd strongly lean towards the "be like Martian Manhunter" as one of my top choices.  

Edited by MillionX
On 12/27/2020 at 4:47 AM, Angel said:

If you know you know

Bruh, when the door chime went off I lost it. 

OK . . . . . OK

🤣

56 minutes ago, axeman61 said:

Seriously. Maybe I'm being too harsh, but that movie was ultra trash. I'm still trying to figure out how that shit got all the way to the big screen.

My dad likes pretty much everything that comes out. When he gave WW84 a resounding "meh", I am now debating if I should even watch it. 

Edited by OPTIMUS124

Oh yeah...and I guess ....

Spoiler

not everyone had to give up their wish for things to work, since Cheetah didn't give her wish up...haha I don't blame her.  Who *wants* to go back to being a shy little nobody, with no powers? ..someone who is destined to only be stepped on, disrespected and never taken seriously in life?  haha I would've laughed in Diana's face at the very suggestion.

It reminds me---that old phrase "the meek shall inherit the earth"...that's another line of bullshyte that was only said so people can feel better about their unfortunate status in life.

Oh and at least the character of Max Lord was interesting, imo... it's understandable why he would ultimately grow up to be this "character" he portrayed to the world....a shame that since this is a movie, they don't have much time to really dig into that... movies never have as much time as a regular tv series would to develop characters in an interesting way.

2 minutes ago, OPTIMUS124 said:

If this is about the explosion in Nashville all of that was meant to cripple AT&T. They are the ones that got the contract to audit the Dominion voting machines and the Dems can't be having that. Polite of them to warn everyone of the impending death though.

They expect me to believe a 63 yr old man loaded up his RV and attacked AT&T for no reason.

damn man...1200 in 1970 is pretty ridiculous.  According to a quick bing-search:

"$1,200 in 1970 is equivalent in purchasing power to about $8,048.32 today, an increase of $6,848.32 over 50 years. The dollar had an average inflation rate of 3.88% per year between 1970 and today, producing a cumulative price increase of 570.69% ."

that bombing---heh, a friend and I were laughing about which "likely suspect" is the culprit here....we all know there's really just 2.  He took a wild guess it was "crazy white guy" and so far it appears to be the correct guess. (and it's "politically incorrect" and uncomfortable for some people to admit who the other "likely suspect"/category is.) Some folks tend to get offended by this sort of thing, but stereotypes exist for good reason, imo....they happen enough times that it becomes an easily noticeable pattern....but a lot of people don't want to admit this ugly reality of the human species.  

Edited by MillionX
1 hour ago, MillionX said:

Oh yeah...and I guess ....

Hide contents

not everyone had to give up their wish for things to work, since Cheetah didn't give her wish up...haha I don't blame her.  Who *wants* to go back to being a shy little nobody, with no powers? ..someone who is destined to only be stepped on, disrespected and never taken seriously in life?  haha I would've laughed in Diana's face at the very suggestion.

It reminds me---that old phrase "the meek shall inherit the earth"...that's another line of bullshyte that was only said so people can feel better about their unfortunate status in life.

Oh and at least the character of Max Lord was interesting, imo... it's understandable why he would ultimately grow up to be this "character" he portrayed to the world....a shame that since this is a movie, they don't have much time to really dig into that... movies never have as much time as a regular tv series would to develop characters in an interesting way.

Welp....

Spoiler

I don't understand why Cheetah just couldn't retain her powers without becoming a full-blown furry. I mean she pretty much had the super strength and speed in her normal form, why decide to turn?

And on that same note how did she get two wishes? I thought the stone/Maxwell could only do one per person

LOL this movie gets dumber the more I think about it

12 minutes ago, MillionX said:

damn man...1200 in 1970 is pretty ridiculous.  According to a quick bing-search:

"$1,200 in 1970 is equivalent in purchasing power to about $8,048.32 today, an increase of $6,848.32 over 50 years. The dollar had an average inflation rate of 3.88% per year between 1970 and today, producing a cumulative price increase of 570.69% ."

that bombing---heh, a friend and I were laughing about which "likely suspect" is the culprit here....we all know there's really just 2.  He took a wild guess it was "crazy white guy" and so far it appears to be the correct guess. (and it's "politically incorrect" and uncomfortable for some people to admit who the other "likely suspect"/category is.) Some folks tend to get offended by this sort of thing, but stereotypes exist for good reason, imo....they happen enough times that it becomes an easily noticeable pattern....but a lot of people don't want to admit this ugly reality of the human species.  

Hence the move from NY to VA where my mom's mortgage payment is less than that in 2020 🤣

it's Death Battle time again, folks... this is actually a good one, in terms of how closely matched the characters are, I think.  There's not much that can actually kill Hulk, outside of a cosmic-level being possibly "erasing" him from existence...and it's doubtful he would ever get tired....then again, both Goku and Vegeta had to get serious and use their "God" level forms to stand a chance against this dude in the latest movie.

Edited by MillionX
17 minutes ago, MillionX said:

There's not much that can actually kill Hulk, outside of a cosmic-level being possibly "erasing" him from existence.

In the current Hulk comic run, aptly called The Immortal Hulk it confirms that Banner/Hulk cannot die. No matter how he dies or how many times he dies is always resurrected due to one of his Hulk Persona’s always regenerating banners/hulks injuries; even in death. 

as someone who has never really given a shit about The Hulk the Immortal run has been phenomenal 

Edited by iStu X

Father in law just had surgery to remove a cancerous growth in his ear... But he went to get it checked out too late and it's in late stages now. It kept inching closer and closer to his brain and they couldn't get everything.

We heard about it right before christmas and went to see him yesterday. He's renting a place on his own, so we convinced him to live with us. So he can be with family and in a loving environment.

My wife is gutted... He's an older dude though, 83 I think. I love him too, I hope we can make his last months (hopefully years) as comfortable as possible.

The hits just keep on coming...

5 minutes ago, Maxx said:

Yes. Rey is the shortest wrestler on the roster 

I see. He is the Mysterious Light and Light is all powerful even when small. He could be highly concentrated power. Light is invincible and supremely fast. So him winning makes sense. He's like Bruce Lee.  

Edited by Lord Vega

Mysterio is tiny, but that picture looks like a lot of photoshop shenanigans going on...Mark, Big Show and the other giant all look like they were cut out from another picture as well... like someone cut all 4 of these dudes from one picture and copy/pasted it onto a stock photo of a WWE ring.

..and the middle giant I keep forgetting the name of...why did they airbrush out his shirt?  It looks like how things would be "censored" on television back in the 80s, where they just put a black graphical blur over something we're not supposed to see.

3 minutes ago, MillionX said:

Mysterio is tiny, but that picture looks like a lot of photoshop shenanigans going on...Mark, Big Show and the other giant all look like they were cut out from another picture as well... like someone cut all 4 of these dudes from one picture and copy/pasted it onto a stock photo of a WWE ring.

..and the middle giant I keep forgetting the name of...why did they airbrush out his shirt?  It looks like how things would be "censored" on television back in the 80s, where they just put a black graphical blur over something we're not supposed to see.

Mark Henry is Def not as tall as the other two. Big show is 7ft 

6 minutes ago, MillionX said:

The Great Khali.  I knew it was great something and had to look it up.

16 minutes ago, Lord Vega said:

I see. He is the Mysterious Light and Light is all powerful even when small. He could be highly concentrated power. Light is invincible and supremely fast. So him winning makes sense. He's like Bruce Lee.  

or it could be that Pro Wrestling is fucking fake. 

Yea I'm goin with fuckin fake lol. 

Oh and Bruce Lee has no competetive wins under his belt. Love Bruce but no. 

Edited by RSG3
13 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

He partook in a fake sport. I ain't scurred of Him. 

That’s not how wrestling works. Lol. 

Back in the day a lot of wrestlers, especially those trained in the south and Canada would be taught legit fighting styles or combat sports in addition to wrestling training. The most common ones were boxing, kick boxing and judo. 

it’s even more prevalent now with a lot of wrestlers coming from mma back grounds or start taking mma while employed. 

WWE themselves have world class mma striking coaches at their training center 

Edited by iStu X
7 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

Well I hope you don't hold onto some dude saying fake wrestling is fucking fake lol. 

I mean, it’s annoying when people blurt out such inaccurate and blanket statements about something they don’t know anything about and that I’ve loved nearly my entire life, thus knowing a lot about it. But I try not to get my jimmies rustled over it. 

since you’ve already said you don’t care than there’s no point in continuing the discussion. 

sooooo......

Did people stop flying cause of the pandemic or the food. AMIRITE?!

High Five GIF

Edited by iStu X
8 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Well he has passed away so it's a moot point. Besides, not fearing someone doesn't prevent them from handing you your ass.

Sure, I just figured my response showed that I wasn't being very serious and yet I got Stu up my ass over a men's soap opera THAT IS FAKE. I never denied they where strong or competetive or could fight, I said wrestling is fake and that's why Ray won. Then you came me about a dead dude so I made a sarcastic joke about not being scared of him lol. 

7 minutes ago, iStu X said:

I mean, it’s annoying when people blurt out such inaccurate and blanket statements about something they don’t know anything about and that I’ve loved nearly my entire life, thus knowing a lot about it. But I try not to get my jimmies rustled over it. 

You seem rustled because your upset at an offhand comment. I know these guys could whoop my ass, they are 5x bigger then me, it's a whole different weight class to begin with. But this silly shit is clearly getting to you and im sorry but Im finding it funny to see you be like "I'll remember that when they have you in an Arm bar" as if I'm ever going to meet and try to wrestle one of these guys. 

Just stop my dude. 

Edited by RSG3
Just now, RSG3 said:

Sure, I just figured showed that I wasn't being very serious and yet I got Stu up my ass over a men's soap opera THAT IS FAKE. I never denied they where strong or competetive or could fight, I said wrestling is fake and that's why Ray won. Then you came me about a dead dude so I made a sarcastic joke about not being scared of him lol. 

You seem rustled because yoyr upset at an offhand comment. I know these guys could whoop my ass, they are 5x bigger then me, it's a whole different weight class to begin with. But this silly shit is clearly getting to you and im sorry but Im finding it funny to see you be like "I'll remember that when they have you in an Arm bar" as if I'm ever going to meet and try to wrestle one of these guys. 

Just stop my dude. 

Knee bar 

also, you’re not my supervisor 

Edited by iStu X
3 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

Whatever. 

Never said I was?...

I don’t like being told what to do. 🙃

In other news, a friend shared this article on social media and it made me laugh my ass off. 

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/nypost.com/2020/11/10/millions-of-women-dont-know-where-their-own-vagina-is-located/amp/?fbclid=IwAR2cv810kZ3i28z6jzPm6DAWKGod2Gs6aZCT1LXHIqI-xuu17YIhM2_9PJs

(I hate that this site doesn’t embed websites) 

Edited by iStu X