Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

1 minute ago, HD-Man said:

Make time to gather it or hush, burden of proof is on you, you spouted that. You come with these hot takes, should be able to back it up with data🤷🏾‍♂️

And of course the FBI would want you think that black ppl aren't ever targets. They totally had no hand is killing hella black leaders that could potentially put ppl of color in a prosperous position...oh wait... 

Oh yeah let me drop everything I'm doing to gather up stuff that you could put in 10 minutes of work and find. Honestly dude, why's it easier for me to be racist than for you to be wrong? 

7 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

I was talking to my mom about this and she made an excellent point that I hadn't considered. People's views have been skewed by all these TV shows that shows people shooting people in the arm, leg, hand, etc. with ease. Doing something like that would be in the realm of the elite of elite marksman. The average everyday cop isn't going to be capable of this. You shoot center mass because your round is more likely to land.

Yeah. You basically would have to be some military spec ops type of dude. The kind of guys that eat, sleep and train for years to develop such shooting skill.The same way an elite Olympic athlete or surgeon or engineer that is a leader in their field would perfect their craft.

7 hours ago, Makrow said:

At the end of the day, a white cop killed someone black and that's all the media is going to mention, and until more information comes out, that's the story they will stick to. 

Scare-quotes "the media" mentioned the knife-wielding aspect from the start.  The police showed edited body-cam footage the night it happened, and full footage from three body cams was released the next day.

It's a complicated and tragic situation for sure, but it's not exactly a cover-up.

3 minutes ago, iStu X said:

That's why I don't remember her. Schism sucked. 

Very much. Back then the marvel.com frontpage allowed for comments in their articles. When they announced Schism they wrote a title that was like "The X-Men are going to fall". And like 80% of the user comments were "again?" lol. Nobody wanted that.

Edited by AriesWarlock

I haven't read comics in 20 years aside from a few random issues here and there.

You and Stu can be the X-men caretakers of comic lore lol.

I read X-men vol. 2 from 1991 to 1999.

Then through the black and white Essential   TPB in the early 2000's, I went and read the 1975-1991 Uncanny X-men Chris Claremont run.

(I actually got Chris Claremont to sign my old busted Essential X-men 2 TPB with the Phoenix Saga at MegaCon Orlando in 2013.)

So my comic knowledge base is mostly from 1975-1999 Uncanny Xmen  and X-men vol2.  with X-force (vol.1) 1-45 and some odds and ends.

(Ive seen all the theatrical movies and most of the cartoons (Xmen TAS, Evo, Wolvy and X-men. I havent seen the Wolverine anime or Xmen animes from 2011 though)

Edited by DangerousJ
1 minute ago, AriesWarlock said:

Very much. Back then the marvel.com frontpage allowed for comments in their articles. When they announced Schism they wrote a title that was like "The X-Men are going to fall". And like 80% of the user comments were "again?" lol. Nobody wanted that.

Still not as bad as Chuck Austen's run though. 

10 minutes ago, DangerousJ said:

haven't read comics in 20 years aside from a few random issues here and there.

You and Stu can be the X-men caretakers of comic lore lol.

I read X-men vol. 2 from 1991 to 1999.

Then through the black and white Essential   TPB in the early 2000's, I went and read the 1975-1991 Uncanny X-men Chris Claremont run.

(I actually got Chris Claremont to sign my old busted Essential X-men 2 TPB with the Phoenix Saga in 2013 at MegaCon Orlando in 2013.)

So my comic knowledge base is mostly from 1975-1999 Uncanny Xmen  and X-men vol2.  with X-force (vol.1) 1-45 and some odds and ends.

(Ive seen all the theatrical movies and most of the cartoons (Xmen TAS, Evo, Wolvy and X-men. I havent seen the Wolverine anime or Xmen animes from 2011 though)

You should really read the a lot of the more modern runs like Grant Morrison, Joss Whedon and Brian Michael Bendis. They're all great (BMB's run being great or not depends on who you ask. What I've been reading has been fine) 

The current relaunch by Hickman and co. has been incredible. It what got me to go back and start collecting Claremonts run since I only ever read bits and pieces as a kid. It also got me back into comics in general sorta. I missed being able to experience those types of universe you could only get in comics.  I'd argue Hickman is going to be remembered along side Claremont when it comes to people who shaped the x-men into being what they are. 

Edited by iStu X

Big update on the Na'Khia Brown police shooting. This video shows the entire situation play out from officer arriving to shooting, all in like 5 seconds. And according to this. They weren't there to jump her. They were there for their foster mom's birthday.

And they had asked Ma' Khia to clean her room, and straighten up the house. And things escalated from there. There's audio of her saying "I'll stab the fuck outta you" in the description link.

Yeah we all jumped the gun. I at least thought she was defending herself but did too much. But nope. Video clearly shows her not in danger. And when that dude attacks that woman. She uses it as a chance to rush the woman in pink with the knife right in fron of the officer.

sheeeittt, Growing Pains is on again now... it just hit me that this was one of those rare occurences in tv where the Dad character is not shown to be a loser or incompetent goof.  Jason is actually respected by the kids and his wife Maggie.  One other strong point with this show I think was the "chemistry" here...the actors here were always believable as a loving family that we get to see get into various funny misadventures and typical sitcom stuff each week back in the day.  I still love this one so much...back in the day I was there for it every week, never missing an episode.

hahaha Mike was caring for this girl's dog while she was away on a trip....and he lost the dog...so he got another that was similar but an entirely different color for some reason....he dyed the dog's fur so he would have black fur and look like her dog ...and OF COURSE it rains later after she picked him up... then she's like "this dog changes colors when he gets wet!"🤣

damn I wanted to get back to some Outriders action this morning, but The Hogan Family is on after this...!  Facts of Life will be on at 12, I see...2 episodes then Silver Spoons.  Damn, why must this network be so good?!?

17 hours ago, Chadouken said:

After a quick Google search, everything I've read says black people are 2.6 times likely to be killed by police than white people. I can link sources if anyone's interested (there' are a LOT of articles) or you can just Google "Are black people disproportionately killed by police" like I did and see for yourselves.

I've seen the same date. The number of whites killed by the police is higher. However their are five times as many white people (60% of the population) as their are black people (12% of the population). If you want to hear something even sadder. Native American's are killed at the highest rate. Like 50% higher than black people.

this damn game.

Get a mission where you have to be careful not to break a package.  Simple, right?  

Get touched by anything other than the wind:  Package breaks.

Do a defensive roll to escape getting touched by anything other than the wind:  Package breaks

..........................Take a ten story dive off a bridge and land on solid mother Earth at speeds that would kill anything currently living:  Package is okay. 

Welcome to Nier: Replicant folks.

yeah on first glance that dragon walker was just lame... at the time I was thinking "what the hell is up with that design?!" haha the shit looked stupid.

This reminds me--- I still see He-Man figures in the Walmart toy section... they're a bit overpriced though, imo...and I wasn't a big fan of the figures due to their odd "squat pose".

I'm tempted to get the Cobra battle-tank thing I keep seeing there but the price of 25 bucks also seems a *bit* on the questionable side for what you're getting....then again, that's cheaper than the classic Transformers that are typically 49.99.  They also had some Power Rangers figures (Morphin era) but only the red one, sadly.  If they had the original Green Ranger I probably would get that.

(*of course, part of the issue here is that I'm a notorious cheapskate in the first place though)

Different Strokes is on now---I'll admit it...I thought Dana was pretty cute back then.  She wasn't on the same level as my honey Blair from Facts of Life though...or my ultimate #1 dream in the pre-Halle days---Alyssa Milano 😳

whoah---the Facts of Life girls just showed up on this episode of Different Strokes though... I never knew there was a crossover! 

The Wire Reaction GIF

edit--haha Tootie still has her skates on...they put her on skates in the early era of the show because she was sooo much shorter than everyone else.

yep,  here's the description from the wiki--- season 2, episode 24:

Willis' friends and Kimberly's schoolmates clash over who gets to do what in the apartment and ruin Mr. Drummond's date in the process.

Note: Mindy Cohn, Julie Anne Haddock, Kim Fields and Molly Ringwald appear as their characters from The Facts of Life (Natalie, Cindy, Tootie and Molly, respectively)

Edited by MillionX

Walmart sets the prices for those, and I think they're overly greedy in some cases.

Exhibit A; The G1 Optimus reissue in 2019 had no trailer/roller/Combat Drone and was $50.  

If they wanted to just do the cab, then make it $35. 

The full toy should have been $65.

G1 prime seemed to be around $23 on average according to some sites I looked at. So with inflation , in 2021 , he would be around $59 now.

Edited by DangerousJ

I messed up my blue berry muffins. 😞 

when I made the streusel (crumble of cinnamon sugar, flour, butter mix that goes on top) I did a doodoo stupid thing and used melted butter instead of softened butter. So it turned into more of a wet topping than you know, a crumble. 

the weight difference made it so as I was cooking the streusel fell into the muffin instead of cooking on top. So now my muffins look ugly. 

im ashamed. 😞

2 minutes ago, HD-Man said:

Im glad I never really picked a side on that particular issue, it wasn't so black and white this time, excuse the pun. Still a completely unfortunate, yet avoidable situation 

Yeah the adults there failed her. Especially the dude. She rushes the first girl, knocks her to the ground. And instead of restraining her. He joins in on the attack, kicking the other girl in the face. While Ma'Khia charges girl in pink with the knife. ALL IN FRONT OF THE OFFICER! Like no one there acknowledged the presence of the police.

I expect an enraged emotional teenager to still carrying on. But you think the adults would have some damn sense to stop her while police are present. Or better yet, stop that shit before it got to the point police needed to be called.

1 hour ago, Deadly_Raver said:

I bet Tekaishi 69 would've pointed the finger.  Snitch-kind ill needs a savior such as you.

It's like trump crying about losing after every recount shows he lost. Just pathetic keeping on talking about wait for his hidden jutsu...lol

Edited by DrLariat