Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

ohoooo here we GO

Jon Stewart Popcorn GIF

man, I haven't kept up with the latest things concerning our ol' pal Darksfadil in a while.  heh, this is reminding me I still have certain clips/memes on my phone too---various quotes made into "alert" noises like "WHY am I toxic?!?" and "SILVER-TONGUED talker, right.." Ohhh man, I hope Phil never stops....for the sake of all our continued amusement.

Edited by MillionX
2 hours ago, MillionX said:

man, I haven't kept up with the latest things concerning our ol' pal Darksfadil in a while.  heh, this is reminding me I still have certain clips/memes on my phone too---various quotes made into "alert" noises like "WHY am I toxic?!?" and "SILVER-TONGUED talker, right.." Ohhh man, I hope Phil never stops....for the sake of all our continued amusement.

Just heard about it. The reason he lost partnership is unknown, but apparently he has been doxing his own supporters and breaching the twitch ToS left and right. It is outrageous how much money people throw at him.

21 hours ago, AriesWarlock said:

So this is where we have gotten to. The postal service tracking social media posts

I don't believe there's anything good that can come from a government hell-bent on using the same "anti-terror" tactics it used to fuck up the Middle East for 20+ years on its own populace. Anarchism sounds better and better every day. 

Edited by DoctaMario
On 4/21/2021 at 9:23 AM, KingTubb said:

There's definitely gonna be people walking on eggshells for awhile. 

For example, the shooting/death of the teenager in Columbus yesterday. People are already calling for the cop to be fired and thrown in jail, and the guy was put on leave. 

While I agree that he should be put on leave (I think anyone who discharges their weapon and it results in a death should be put on leave until a full investigation is carried out) saying the guy should be fired is wild to me. 

The situation to my knowledge:

Reveal hidden contents

From what I pieced together, CPD got a 911 call about someone attacking people with a knife outside of their residence. When police arrived, the girl that was killed was in the middle of attacking someone with a knife, then she turns around and starts attacking another woman against a car with the knife. Cop pulled his gun and shoots her several times. 

The family says the girl called the police.

The whole thing sucks. I feel horrible for everyone. I feel bad for the family of the girl, I feel bad for everyone that's trying to digest this, and I feel bad for the cop. The guy was just trying to keep people safe. This was a situation that was rapidly developing and you could easily say there were several lives at risk. 

EDIT: On the big upside (if you can really call it that) the protests last night were completely peaceful and there were no arrests or any damages. 

I've seen several people make the "Why not just shoot her in the arm or leg?" argument. I use to make that argument until I went to a gun range and shot a gun. Most people who make that argument never fired a gun at a stationary target. Let alone a wildly moving target attempting to kill someone.

1 minute ago, BB_Hoody said:

I've seen several people make the "Why not just shoot her in the arm or leg?" argument. I use to make that argument until I went to a gun range and shot a gun. Most people who make that argument never fired a gun at a stationary target. Let alone a wildly moving target attempting to kill someone.

THIS. . . . . ALL OF THIS

One of my wife's friends said something similar. She had the same thoughts until she went to a range. Thinks totally different now. 

5 minutes ago, KingTubb said:

I honestly thought the guy was super precise and I was amazed he didn't hit the person being attack. 

Still, fucking sucks that a kid ended up dead. 

That cop probably feels pretty shitty that he killed her even though he saved that other girl's life. I don't think people are taking that into account, especially when idiots like Lebron pile on him without knowing the facts. 

I'd just like to add, the people that say "shoot them in the leg" also are thinking in "movie logic".

People don't just drop everything they're doing when they experience pain. Could it work? Maybe, or maybe the person attacking has so much adrenaline pumping that they don't realize they're shot. 

First thing that comes to mind is this:

that man was so angry a tazer wasn't gonna stop him 

I suppose you could argue shooting in the leg wasn't possible, I can see that point definitely. But we've also seen many situations where law enforcement has successfully detained mass murderers. We ain't gonna pretend tazers, pepper spray and other non lethal methods don't exist

But the cop did save other lives by taking that one. Not sure honestly how I feel about it all other than it's quite unfortunate a child lost her life 

Edited by HD-Man

Im watching the last episode of Falcon and the Winter Solider. And falcon-cap is damn cool. 

I am in thoughts of coming out of retirement and returning to the streets like i used to do back then, all because of how cool the Falcon is. He is the best superhero in the entire MCU. I think I should have wings too,  my spinning back fist lariat technique would be perfected if it is coming in aerial. Problem is I live in a suburb now and most of the kids here are not street kids so I can't just practice off them. 

Wow, that Falcon guy is cool. I need his suit and shield!

Edited by weneedhim
28 minutes ago, scorp said:

Anyone else find it humorous that they've been more aggressive about bringing the capitol rioters to "justice" than they have the Wall St. guys who crashed the economy in 2008? Guess that wasn't that big a deal after all.

Edited by DoctaMario

Well, when people lawyer up nobody is going to have better lawyers than Wall St.  For sure the government doesn't, local, state, or Federal.

But at least we're still talking about 2008, and some of the political movement that stirred up is starting to bear fruit (you know Biden wouldn't be touching the capital gains tax if he wasn't trying to play ball with activists).

34 minutes ago, scorp said:

Yea, funny that money talks people out of jail time everywhere haha

It does, but it shouldn't and the fact that we can joke about it like this seems kinda dark doesn't it?

31 minutes ago, Reticently said:

But at least we're still talking about 2008, and some of the political movement that stirred up is starting to bear fruit (you know Biden wouldn't be touching the capital gains tax if he wasn't trying to play ball with activists).

Has it though, what's really different, what lasting change did Occupy Wall St really accomplish? Some of those banks still haven't even paid back the bailouts they got. It's a shame because while Occupy had a lot of idiots among them, they were hitting out at the right people and drawing attention to important stuff, it's just that none of the authorities had any will to make sure those people were held accountable. I have my doubts that Biden is going to make any meaningful changes to the CGT, especially since those are his some of his people but we can only hope.

Edited by DoctaMario
1 minute ago, DoctaMario said:

what lasting change did Occupy Wall St really accomplish

I'm not going to accuse Occupy Wall Street of having done anything that mattered 😅,  but I think 2008 got a lot more bodies receptive to listening to people like Bernie, and got other practical reform minded people like Katie Porter some traction.

I dont really feel that bad for that kid that got shot by the cop.  She was going to kill someone, stab that girl at least, and she had to be stopped.  He did what he was trained to do.  He saved that other girls life.  Its cut and dry here so I dont even know what the controversy is here.  I've read how people think and it seems they're getting more retarded by the minute.  Did you guys know knife fights are normal amongst kids?  Did you know shooting a knife outta someones hand isnt that difficult? 

Im actually sad for the cop.  That dude probably never killed anyone before.  Its likely he's never even drew his gun in the line of duty.  And he was forced to kill a kid.  He has to live with that for the rest of his life.

Edited by Faltimar the Dark
1 hour ago, Reticently said:

I'm not going to accuse Occupy Wall Street of having done anything that mattered 😅,  but I think 2008 got a lot more bodies receptive to listening to people like Bernie, and got other practical reform minded people like Katie Porter some traction.

Again, what have they really done? If anything, the bunch of redditors that shorted GameStop's stock prompted a bigger reaction from the Fed and people in government than guys like Jamie Dimon crashing the entire economy did. I like that Katie Porter stands up and says what she says, but I don't know that there's a whole lot of action behind the words, not because I don't think she genuinely cares, but because there's more will to find and prosecute people who were in the capitol building than people who caused damage that led to lots of people losing their homes and other things. And that's what I think is pretty appalling, regardless of how you feel about the capitol riot. Priorities are totally upside down.