Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

7 hours ago, Deadly_Raver said:

Sorry, but that wasn't me.  All the same, I'm glad you enjoyed your time..........well, other than getting towed that is.  

Cyber Monday approaches, and the hunt for a new Laptop computer will soon commence.  For this one, the end is nigh.  Farewell soldier.  Stand down from duty for soon you will rest forever.

You're right. That was @DoctaMario. Sorry about that. It was a good rec doc.

1 minute ago, elliephil said:

Started watching Super Crooks on Netflix, enjoying it so far. Pretty wild scene that involves blowing up a gas station and filling a pool up with dead pigs in the first episode.

Funniest part about that show is its part of the Jupiter's legacy series that got cancelled. Imma laugh if this blows up and the live action show failed. 

Latest jam session I have in the background at the moment... I love these channels that help give life a "soundtrack"...

In some "home improvement" news; I recently got another tv table that was super easy to put together...though I messed up and put the back part of it on backwards...so the interior "wall" of the thing on the back has the cardboard-looking side facing forward.... I may just paint it.  It would be a disaster trying to take the back panel off to turn it around at this point, since it's in place with 20+ nails. There's a satisfying feeling once you finish putting a thing like that together.  So far, that is the 3rd bit of "assembly required" furniture I've put together in here.  The first was a bigger tv table/stand for the living room; it has the sliding "barn style" doors on the front....heh, I love that.  The big tv sits on that one.  The new one I just got can only accommodate a 43-inch/50 lbs. tv at the most; it's for a smaller room.... nice and cheap; only 50 bucks.

This reminds me---I went to some furniture a few weeks ago here and the selection was terrible; it was like they only wanted to appeal to a very "ghetto hoodrat chick" aesthetic.  99% of the shit in there was some gaudy, tacky nonsense that would only appeal to your average "Sharkeishia" from south Memphis; the stuff was so ugly I wouldn't even take it for free.......it also smelled like someone constantly smoking a few inches away from your face in there... hell nah, man.  I'm definitely never returning to that place.

I have a totally random question: When did Dave Chappelle get all this extra pressure on him to be "more" than a comedian? Did he invite it somehow, or was it pushed on him?

This The Closer drama is still going on. The latest chapter is Dave visiting his old high school in an assembly to discuss criticism over the special. I could get deep into how weird I think that is, but one quote from Dave stuck out to me. When one of the teens said he thought Dave handled this controversy in a childish way, Dave responded "with all due respect, I don't think you could make any decision I have to make on a given day" (or something like that). That sounds ludicrous. Dave's a comic; he's not holding launch codes for anything. But the more I think about it, the more he may be right? No other comedian living today has Dave's level of influence (though that influence is still weak in my book). If you told almost any other comedian that what they say in a special might kick off this level of shitstorm, even they might say "get the fuck out of here".

I'm wondering how the hell Dave Chappelle got to this point. Is it just by virtue of being perhaps the best comic working today? Is it something he said or did? I could point to maybe 8:46, but that's it.

Edited by axeman61
15 minutes ago, axeman61 said:

I have a totally random question: When did Dave Chappelle get all this extra pressure on him to be "more" than a comedian? Did he invite it somehow, or was it pushed on him?

This The Closer drama is still going on. The latest chapter is Dave visiting his old high school in an assembly to discuss criticism over the special. I could get deep into how weird I think that is, but one quote from Dave stuck out to me. When one of the teens said he thought Dave handled this controversy in a childish way, Dave responded "with all due respect, I don't think you could make any decision I have to make on a given day" (or something like that). That sounds ludicrous. Dave's a comic; he's not holding launch codes for anything. But the more I think about it, the more he may be right? No other comedian living today has Dave's level of influence (though that influence is still weak in my book). If you told almost any other comedian that what they say in a special might kick off this level of shitstorm, even they might say "get the fuck out of here".

I'm wondering how the hell Dave Chappelle got to this point. Is it just by virtue of being perhaps the best comic working today? Is it something he said or did? I could point to maybe 8:46, but that's it.

He Def chose this path. You can see it with how he approached comedy since he came back as hulk Chapelle. All his specials started to lead towards it but especially after the past few years of black tragedies he had alot more on his chest and jokey jokey format just wasn't doing it for him. Hes done a few things that went under the radar that tell me this like a storytelling podcast he put out earlier in the year 

ha, Angryman's show just reminded me--- Boyz II Men's "Let it Snow" is one of the few Holiday/Christmas songs I actually enjoy... most of them I can't stand, but that one is alright with me.... also--- "Merry Christmas Baby" by Charles Brown... my mom and grandparents loved that one, so I grew up hearing it all the time around the holidays:

3 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

Having seen some more of him, he deffinitly looks interesting. I don't like his name even if it fits him, but he does look interesting to fight. 

I was laughing at his move trailer. Because they said this is supposed to be a noob friendly game and decided to drop him and basically tell them.. Good fucking luck. 

I do have alot of questions about the gun accuracy. Like steady aim... Like if I jump over you as you shoot... Will they always get hit no matter what. 

Also recovery time on alot of things. 

Can't wait to try him out 

Wound up returning my monitor, back to my TN panel. People talk up IPS and VA, but a good TN panel is faster, doesn't have glow or blurring issues, and the uniformity is so good. Sure you can't sit diagonally opposite of it or spaz your head around while viewing it but....I don't know why you'd do that in front of a PC monitor in the first place.

I think I'll hold out until OLED becomes viable on PC. Not like I can get a new GPU anyway, which I'd want to be able to run stuff at higher resolutions. I'm not a fan of higher resolutions in general since most of the stuff I play had to be upressed and uptextured to even get 1080p to look good, the last thing I want is to see how terrible CvS2 looks on 4k.

On 11/28/2021 at 11:54 PM, VirginDefiler said:

just finished watching Arcane.

that..was the best. like home run slam dunk. need season 2 now.

Arcane was definitely one of the best series to drop in the last few years.

Now all I have to look forward to is Cobra Kai season 4.

Edited by MP_

I've dealt with enough clout chasers in my years on this planet to watch similar cray stunts get pulled. Jussie Smollet should def get a guilty verdict, but I mean what's the lightest he can get? Give him that at most. He's already never going to work in the entertainment industry ever again.

Dark Shadows right now (ep. 350; but onscreen guide says "s2, ep 141")... nice, so Dr. Julia admitted finally that she would willingly give her blood for Barnabas....stating she would accept him for who and what he is...also one of the few times I've seen her smiling, actually; she stopped short of admitting she has indeed fallen big time for him though...ohhhhh yeah, she'd give up a lot more than just blood, but I don't think Barnabas realizes it though.  Her procedure worked and he's able to walk around in daylight as a normal person....but he aged super-fast and looks like someone's great grandpa at the moment.... ah, and this cute blonde woman just found Barnabas' coffin elsewhere on the property....annnnd Julia just caught her snooping around, and Barnabas just showed up too. Blondie is dangerously close to knowing too much... she may need to be taken care of....yep, looks like B is about to drink that one.

...so, the blonde cutie "Carolyn" is now on the team; like she's supernaturally bound to Barnabas' will just because he fed on her... she's willing to keep the secrets and do whatever.  Oh cool...so since Carolyn is related, he has decided that she will have even greater rewards for her service; he intends to turn her as long as she complies with everything.

So---in terms of powers, from what I've seen so far: shapeshifting (he can change into a bat) and some degree of mesmerism.

edit---looking up some info, I found out that NBC did a new version in 1991...how in the world did I miss that?!  It must have been on at the same time as something else I was into back then...

Edited by MillionX
4 hours ago, Maxx said:

Gun happy... Gamestop doesn't send my gg til next week so I gotta just watch clips for now 

Lemme know if you wanna run sets when you get it.

As for Happy Chaos so far, he feels really intriguing in training mode. He has some trouble covering the space right above him though.  So outside of 6P, you don't really have much to dissuade people from being on top of you.

The bullet/concentration thing is weird. He can basically shoot you during the recovery frames of all his normals. So when the opponent has crosshairs on, they gotta hold everything. You can even shoot after you whiff a normal.  His clone special is trippy too since it makes a physical barrier. You can put a clone on a cornered opponent and they either have to hit it or jump over it.

12 hours ago, VirginDefiler said:

btw, heads up, crippled avengers and the kid with the golden arm are free on amazon prime right now.

damn those movies are so good.

also, love the music in crippled avengers

along with everything else.

When you said the crippled avengers I thought you had meant the crippled masters.  Nope.  Two different movies.  I'll have to check out the Crippled Avengers soon.  For now, here's the Crippled Masters.

2 hours ago, Sonero said:

Lemme know if you wanna run sets when you get it.

As for Happy Chaos so far, he feels really intriguing in training mode. He has some trouble covering the space right above him though.  So outside of 6P, you don't really have much to dissuade people from being on top of you.

The bullet/concentration thing is weird. He can basically shoot you during the recovery frames of all his normals. So when the opponent has crosshairs on, they gotta hold everything. You can even shoot after you whiff a normal.  His clone special is trippy too since it makes a physical barrier. You can put a clone on a cornered opponent and they either have to hit it or jump over it.

Getting corner trapped by a fucking shadow clone sounds hilarious. 

Lmfaooo supers can't go through the clone??? Ayoooo

Edited by Maxx