Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

Amy Jo had a brief cameo in that recent Power Rangers movie; I think it was 2017.  Yep, I'd still pounce that fine ass today, no question.

The PR franchise of course would go on to always have at least 1 or 2 hotties on each season... from Catherine Sutherland to Tracy Lynn Cruz (In Space), Cerina Vincent (Lost Galaxy I think), Jessica Rey (Wild Force), Erin Cahill, Monica Louwerens, etc.  Heh, good ol' memories there.  

Catherine Sutherland is actually topless in the movie The Cell; it's only for a moment as a dead character though.  Also, another former Ranger Rose McIver went on to be the sexiest zombie ever on tv as the main character in iZombie on CW.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Talking about Power Rangers, it's really unfortunate that those of us here who have true love for the brand aren't the ones leading the charge for the fighting game side of things.  Something that irked me in the BFTG discord was a clear lack of respect for the source material among the players who were tasked not just with being top players, but being spokespeople.  Given the nature of that game, I think the real hook is going to be respecting the brand, especially because during Frosty Faustings Hasbro was on the call dictating what we can and can't talk about.  

I saw Lord Zedd came back in the current series Dino Fury.  Once that goes up on Netflix I'll give it a shot.  I wanted to get hype for Beast Morphers as it had a cool premise but I couldn't get behind that dude who played the Gold Ranger.  Big Smasher vibes.  

Lord Zedd returns?!  Ok yeah I DEFINITELY need to check back on what's going on lately in the world of Power Rangers.

This reminds me... I should've bought that Lord Zedd figurine I saw at Gamestop a couple of months ago...with my luck it's probably gone by now.

In the older Dino Thunder, it was cool how the mysterious White Ranger that showed up continued to be a villain for quite a while if I recall... in the original Abaranger it went on for even longer than that, actually.  Ah, here it is... the official channel has whole episodes apparently?!

^such a cool design too.

10 hours ago, MillionX said:

oh here we GO--- today on the Decades network, there's a ROAST marathon!  It's all those old celebrity roast sessions featuring people like Dean Martin, Jimmy JJ Walker, etc. and the legendary roast-master supreme God DON RICKLES.  The first one that is on now is Jimmy Walker; the guest of honor is Angie Dickinson....and yeah she was still smokin hot back then.

Of course since we're in the modern age of people's little feelings being oh so important they had to put a warning/disclaimer up at the start of this about the humor of that time being obviously "different" or whatever...since y'know, people of today wouldn't be able to handle that particular kind of heat 😆

*damn man... in no time...  by the 2nd or 3rd person to come up to the podium...Dean Martin ALREADY seems drunk and is kinda slurring some of his words 🤣  That fast, bruh?  Not even at the halfway point of that episode?  He probably got started early that night.

oh yeah it's on now... this next episode is for Tele Savalas, and I see Don Rickles is there.

Interesting thing about Dean Martin is that his laid back, fun loving persona was an act. He was fairly introverted and and kind of a stern guy, and often had apple juice in his "whiskey" glasses on stage. 

11 minutes ago, MP_ said:

Am I the only one in the world who misses going into the office and seeing human beings and not on Zoom?

I think it'd be nice to do it on occasion. I do think that for most of us, this is here to stay. Most people gained 2 hrs out of the day just from working at home. 

12 minutes ago, MP_ said:

Upside is I have a hangout with some of my college friends on Sunday.

Still would be happy to travel.

Cherish the moment. I get up with my crew once every couple of months when I travel back down to SC. 

3 minutes ago, OPTIMUS124 said:

I think it'd be nice to do it on occasion. I do think that for most of us, this is here to stay. Most people gained 2 hrs out of the day just from working at home.

I mean, I hypothetically can. I'm a developer, so basically anywhere that I have internet access I can do my shit. The caveat now is that I'm starting work with a bank, and they're saying sometime next year I'll be back in the office, they haven't said if it'll be full time or not.

I did hate commuting though. I was taking buses 40 minutes to/from work each day just before the pandemic hit. But I loved the office atmosphere.

3 minutes ago, OPTIMUS124 said:

Cherish the moment. I get up with my crew once every couple of months when I travel back down to SC. 

Yeah, well last time I saw people I knew was for a funeral. So it'll be nice to just shoot the shit.

yeah I still prefer various aspects of my job the way it was in the pre-pandemic era.  I didn't mind the commute at all.. I always gave myself significant extra time in the mornings to get there.  This was to avoid the terrible traffic jams (which in turn avoids being late), and resulted in me arriving early enough to enjoy a little portable gaming time before my shift actually started.  It also meant I could take my time with things in the morning...like stopping by a store beforehand to get a snack or random groceries, etc.  After work, sometimes I'd play my portable systems for a while....passing time for the stupid traffic to thin out.

There was also the fashion aspect of things--- in the office environment, you get to show up looking like you make way more money than you actually do... I enjoyed that.  There's an odd difference there between a certain friend and me on that issue; he (and a lot of people, I noticed) thinks of that dress code thing as a negative... like "...eh, you probably have to dress up for work, right?"  Uh, YEAH bruh...and it's nice...especially when you have a bit of status to go with the look too?  Sheeiiitttt... walking around looking like Lex Luthor...or the manipulative, ruthless "patriarch" character on a soap opera....shit's awesome, imo.  

...then there was the bonus that the place across the hall from us hires a LOT of ridiculously fine women.  It was always a pleasure to sit out in the lounge area on break or lunch since occasionally something unbelievably gorgeous will walk by in the next few seconds.  My top picks were this beautiful puerto rican girl; sadly she found a new job in another state and left us... and there was a super-hot white(+looks like some hispanic mixed in) girl with a gymnast body-type that was always speed-walking on her breaks.  

...then there's a lot of miscellaneous things with the day-to-day job functions that were certainly easier in the "office era", imo... like simple meetings in a conference room, attendance/tardiness record-keeping, certain technical issues, etc.

Oh---and the lunch situation; our building is in such a good spot; walking distance to a Chik-fil-A, Jersey Mike's and a few other good spots....so close you actually do have enough time to walk to them, order/eat, and you still have time left over in the lunch hour.  Lunch-hour exercise was nice as well, just listening to music and walking around the parking lot, or walking around in the building.

edit---the latest Celebrity Roast episode---now they're on a Redd Foxx episode; this is pure gold here, folks. 

Edited by MillionX
9 hours ago, Chadouken said:

118322.jpg

My dad was a chef when we were growing up and he was so sick of making turkeys one year. He asked "hey what would you have instead of turkey this year?" and me being a smart-ass said "octopus."

We had octopus for Thanksgiving dinner that year. Never underestimate a pissed off, overworked, disgruntled kitchen worker lol.

Edited by elliephil

sheeeittt, just imagine if you happen to be there when this went on...

I wouldn't appreciate that random girl filming the situation though... that's dumb; you snatch up as much as you can then get the hell out of there before authorities show up....and hope they don't bother tracking it all down, I suppose.  (*maybe to try and get around this... do some small spending here and there in local neighborhood places somewhere *other than your own neighborhood, of course*....so you get change back, then use the change as your REAL spending cushion.  I'd also wait for a long time before spending anyway....just sit on the treasure for a while 😆)

10 hours ago, MP_ said:

So fucking tired of being at home all the time.

Am I the only one in the world who misses going into the office and seeing human beings and not on Zoom?

I'm in manufacturing, working from home has never been an option for me. I wouldn't mind saving the time/gas money on my commute, but being in a job where your stuck in meetings 80% of the time sound hideous to me. When all of the management was "working from home" most of the time I did get stuck in more daily meetings than usual (despite being on site) and it was awful. Work aside, the wife and I have mostly gone about our business as usual- exceptions being stuff that was closed and less family stuff since one of my in laws went covid hysteric. 

The people I feel the worst for are kids who have had almost 2 years of their lives jacked up by this shit, especially those with mothers who went nuts over it. Really makes me worry about what kind of long term effects this is going to have in that generation of kids.

Edited by Camacho

I had started a job that was 90% work from home a few months before the pandemic.  Good timing I guess.  There's stuff I miss about being in the office, but not enough to ever go back to it when I consider the extra free time and money saved.

28 minutes ago, Camacho said:

what kind of long term effects this is going to have in that generation of kids

Kids will be alright.  Home schooling and cyber schools were already things long before the pandemic came along, and tons of people have already come out the other side of that just fine.  Probably for most of us, our great grandparents wouldn't even recognize what school is these days anyway.

1 hour ago, Reticently said:

Kids will be alright.  Home schooling and cyber schools were already things long before the pandemic came along, and tons of people have already come out the other side of that just fine.  Probably for most of us, our great grandparents wouldn't even recognize what school is these days anyway.

It depends. We've had our son in occupational therapy because he's a little behind where he should be and the therapists we've been working with have said they're seeing a ton of this sort of thing because a lot of kids have been cooped up at a very formative time of their lives and seeing people with masks on instead of their faces. Granted it's not all kids, but this sort of thing has an effect. Fortunately the pandemic is pretty much over where we live so we've been able to get out and try to make up for lost time but unfortunately it's not like that everywhere with everyone. 

12 hours ago, MP_ said:

So fucking tired of being at home all the time.

If I could, I would never leave my house again. Y all can come over here. 

*King Hermit*

There's pros and cons but overall I feel the pros outweigh the cons for me on working from home especially for my job.  I have extra time to chill, hang with my son, sleep in a little later etc.  I don't run the risk of being late to work due to some asshole who couldn't drive and ended up backing up the interstate...same for the drive home.  I'm saving a ton on gas.  I mean its nice to see people in the office and interact with them directly as well as have office activities but I'm fine interacting through Teams.  And I thought I wouldn't be able to focus as much at home vs the office but I'm doing perfectly fine so *shrugs*  if we go back every so often then I'm down for that but I'm in the boat that there's nearly no point.

Dallas Cowboys Concession Worker Gets ROCKED During Brutal Stadium Brawl

While the Las Vegas Raiders and Dallas Cowboys broke out in a fight on the field, fans channeled their football heroes by launching into a brawl of their own in the stands.

During Thursday’s Thanksgiving game at A&T Stadium in Dallas, a concession worker was seen jumping over the counter to chase down a customer. We’re not sure what angered the worker, but something must have occurred prior to a fan taking out their phone to record the incident.

1 hour ago, AriesWarlock said:

Dallas Cowboys Concession Worker Gets ROCKED During Brutal Stadium Brawl

While the Las Vegas Raiders and Dallas Cowboys broke out in a fight on the field, fans channeled their football heroes by launching into a brawl of their own in the stands.

During Thursday’s Thanksgiving game at A&T Stadium in Dallas, a concession worker was seen jumping over the counter to chase down a customer. We’re not sure what angered the worker, but something must have occurred prior to a fan taking out their phone to record the incident.

Are we sure the Cowboys is why these fat bitches were fighting at concessions?