Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

3 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Apparently there is Russian model that looks like Scarlett Johansson. Weird considering she's most well known for playing a Russian character. @MillionXfigured you'd want to see this.

https://nypost.com/2021/11/23/i-look-exactly-like-scarlett-johansson-but-it-makes-me-cry/

Russian TikToker, who looks eerily like Marvel actress Scarlett Johansson, said she “wants her own life” after being repeatedly mistaken for the actress.

“There are people on the internet who confuse me with Scarlett, but I’m not pretending to be her,” 24-year-old Ekaterina Shumskaya, who goes by Kate, told Caters News. “We just look alike.”

*looks at the video where she's blatantly dressing like Black Widow and cosplaying*....I'm confused...I feel like I'm getting a mixed message here.

8 hours ago, Sonichuman said:

*looks at the video where she's blatantly dressing like Black Widow and cosplaying*....I'm confused...I feel like I'm getting a mixed message here.

She likes it until Scajo doesn't something that is unpopular and she catches backlash from mistaken identity.  At least that's my impression.

Ekaterina Shumskaya "I want my own life but people keep mistaking me for Scarlett Johansson."

Ekaterina Shumskaya 

1749751967_EkaterinaShumskayaBlackWidow.thumb.jpg.9d59d09a963c5ec085b81065e824c229.jpg

🤔

Edited by Darc_Requiem
4 hours ago, J-ride said:

I think money definitely can make you more comfortable, and if you read any Thomas Sowell he is very interested in how mindset/culture can keep you poor.  If you can avoid having children young and having children out of wedlock that's pretty much the biggest poverty trap in our society but no one seems to talk about it that way.  But that does beg the question, why do so many chicks get knocked up by broke dudes?  🤔 

Simplest answers are the most basic needs deep inside us is the need to procreate and many bum dudes come off as rough aka more masculine and thus more desirable to women because the female brain interprets this as a man who can provide and protect. 

No matter how far we come as a species it seems primal instincts still like to pop up to remind us were still animals.

Edited by TheInfernoman
20 minutes ago, TheInfernoman said:

Simplest answers are the most basic needs deep inside us is the need to procreate and many bum dudes come off as rough aka more masculine and thus more desirable to women because the female brain interprets this as a man who can give them a proper dicking. 

No matter how far we come as a species it seems primal instincts still like to pop up to remind us were still animals.

Ftfy.

Edited by Chadouken

Carrie Anne is still quite gorgeous... I would not hesitate to pounce.

ah, so there IS a new "Annie" that is of course... race-swapped again (*there was another one not that long ago in 2014)

https://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/wireStory/nbc-hopes-sun-mounts-annie-live-81466156 

I don't really care so much though....that old bullshit has never been something I'd go out of my way to watch, but it's amusing at this point.  I guess that character will just never be a white girl ever again.  (*perhaps like Nick Fury will never go back to being a "David Hasselhoff" looking dude? haha so characters I guess are like that old saying now---once you go black you never go back.)  I wonder how many years will pass before the next "black version" of Annie will pop up? ...perhaps the year 2029 or so.

damn... I know a lot of others probably won't agree with me on this but Dana Perino, dammit... she's on FoxNews right now looking so nice.  I would not be able to resist that one.

whoahhhh...they're talking about the Zac Stacy situation... I've never heard of this until now; there's actual footage of him throwing his girlfriend into the tv...holy shit man

yeah I'm late to the game on this... 

oh...tmz sports is cutting it, I see... that vid I posted previously shows the real deal:

Edited by MillionX

So I finished Cowboy Bebop  live adaptation in Netflix last night; i don't know why but the whole thing just didn't work for me. The casting was ok, some of the fight scenes were great, some of the jazz tracks was excellent but I'm not planning to watch season2 if it comes out. I was hyped af too when it was initially announced. I think some things are best left to be in anime form. Meh  my 2cents.

Valentine being lesbian(or maybe temporarily since she doesn't know her past?) was great.

I just watched the first four episodes of Wheel of time, my thoughts as someone who read the entire series:

Rand and Egwene are perfectly cast.

Perrin and Matt are pretty meh.  

I think they need to explain just a tad more about exactly what is going on in various scenes.  It's almost as though they made scenes for the book readers because otherwise I don't know how you would understand what exactly was happening. They seem to be attempting to make the show more like game of thrones for some reason by already having characters be in sexual relationships, and in the books they were just 17 year old kids when shit got fucking real.  I am hoping the show gets better because IMO outside of The LOTR this series has some of the best lore, heroes and story.

Overall its just OK, so far the best thing about the series is how fucking scary they made Trollocs.  Image an 8 foot tall orc who looks like he's been hitting the gym for 10 years straight.  A bunch of them wrecked a village for fucking free and it was pretty realistic because imagine trying to stop a horde of MFers that size.

Edited by J-ride
55 minutes ago, J-ride said:

I just watched the first four episodes of Wheel of time, my thoughts as someone who read the entire series:

Rand and Egwene are perfectly cast.

Perrin and Matt are pretty meh.  

I think they need to explain just a tad more about exactly what is going on in various scenes.  It's almost as though they made scenes for the book readers because otherwise I don't know how you would understand what exactly was happening. They seem to be attempting to make the show more like game of thrones for some reason by already having characters be in sexual relationships, and in the books they were just 17 year old kids when shit got fucking real.  I am hoping the show gets better because IMO outside of The LOTR this series has some of the best lore, heroes and story.

Overall its just OK, so far the best thing about the series is how fucking scary they made Trollocs.  Image an 8 foot tall orc who looks like he's been hitting the gym for 10 years straight.  A bunch of them wrecked a village for fucking free and it was pretty realistic because imagine trying to stop a horde or MFers that size.

At first some of the casting was a little jarring, but through four episodes  the characters have grown on me. I really didn't think they got Lan right until episode 4. In fact, I think episode 4 is where the show is starting to get its own traction, despite the departures from the book. I like the focused backstory on Logain as a means to help build a little exposition into the lore, showing the taint on saidin and the madness. Though I can see how it's confusing for someone who isn't familiar with the story.

I've been seeing mixed reviews from fans. I personally really like what their doing, and I can understand some of the decisions Rafe has made to bring the story to the screen in only eight 1-hr episodes. Jordan could be verbose, and changing things to fit onscreen is a necessity. Martin worked in TV before writing ASoIaF and so his narrative flowed a little easier to fit within a screen written series, which you can see in the first two seasons of GoT. Not so with Jordan, who could easily get bogged down in details. So yeah, I'm excited to see how the story progresses with some pacing and plot changes.

I've seen some nerds get bent out of shape online because the show isn't following the book closely enough. I'm like, GOOD. I don't need the entire season of Crossroads of Twilight to be about the fucking color of Elayne's dress and how she's wearing her hair when Rand comes to visit, and how everyone is doing their nails. And then Egwene gets kidnapped at the end of the final episode.

Although, I wouldn't mind seeing one episode dedicated to Aviendha and Elayne in a bath together.

Edited by Chadouken
24 minutes ago, Chadouken said:

....Not so with Jordan, who could easily get bogged down in details. So yeah, I'm excited to see how the story progresses with some pacing and plot changes....

I actually thought the series had a pretty decent pacing until the 7th book, that's when Jordan went off the rails.  I do agree with you for the most part, the pacing of the books made finishing the series a SLOG and if I wasn't already so invested in it I don't know if I could have finished it.  That aside, some of the magic battles in the later parts of the series were epic and it has some of the most glorious hero sacrifices of almost any series.  Perrin is my favorite character in the later series once he stops simping, and Matt is a G all the way through the series.  I can't think of another character in fantasy who makes rolling a nat 20 in luck look so fucking broken.  The worst part of the series IMO is Matt's wife, who IMO really ruins almost every scene she is in and I really feel was a terrible addition to the story.  I nicknamed her Dragon Lady because I can't even remember what her stupid name was.

5 minutes ago, J-ride said:

I nicknamed her Dragon Lady because I can't even remember what her stupid name was.

Wasn't it Tuon? Yeah she was annoying af.

Mat was my favorite character, him and Thom. I read they are going to recast Mat for season 2 for some undisclosed reason.

But yeah, epic magic battles. The end of Book 6 stands out, when Rand bursts from the box and ends up stilling a bunch of Aes Sedai.

Asha'man attack!

1 hour ago, Chadouken said:

Overall its just OK, so far the best thing about the series is how fucking scary they made Trollocs.  Image an 8 foot tall orc who looks like he's been hitting the gym for 10 years straight.  A bunch of them wrecked a village for fucking free and it was pretty realistic because imagine trying to stop a horde or MFers that size.

So basically imagine Bobby Lashley being two feet taller? 🤔

MV5BZGM4YmRiMWQtMDdhMC00NzIyLWFkNjktNGE4

😮

^sheeeeittt, speaking of electric-vehicles vs. gas---- it would be funny to see the look on the face of people in the past if you went back to tell them what the future is like...and the issue of personal vehicles comes up....person from the 70s or 80s is there wondering "so....is it like the Jetsons in the 21st century?!  Do we have flying cars that can fold up into a suitcase yet!?"

"...actually....we still have regular ol' gas guzzlers, like what you have.  Maid robots like Rosie that can independently take care of the house aren't a thing yet either."

ha, imagine the crushing levels of disappointment as you tell them about that and other things that have happened recently.

*edit---"I, Robot" over there... this is why there should always be an emergency shutdown measure in place.  Sci-fi stories have taught us the obvious solution for many decades now... as we get close to the era of robots that are self-reliant and possibly self-aware----always have what is effectively a mass "OFF" button at the ready "just in case".  

anyway...so Leslie Marshall was on Fox earlier... she's noticeably older at this point but still looking good enough to me.  I'd absolutely pounce that one too.  Fox continues to be the champ when it comes to gorgeous on-air talent.  It's interesting to me that the conservative side of things tends to have far better-looking women, usually.  Meanwhile, msnbc is putting Joy Reid and Rachel Maddow in your face.  *However---as with everything in life, there's always exceptions; I thought Melissa Harris-Perry was a cute one....a shame that she hasn't been there for years now.

*ohhhh yes, my honey Dana Perino is back on right now with The Five....so nice, that one...

edit---Coach had a good one earlier today... straight from the horse's mouth...

^always funny to hear them be honest about their flaws as a person.... this is delicious when it's all laid out in the open like that.  People will always continue making excuses for them though.

Edited by MillionX
55 minutes ago, OPTIMUS124 said:

I understand the point, but I'm certain profit margin factors into this.

My biggest issues with EVs are the battery since they'll get tossed at some point. If this is an eco-move, we need a way to conquer that problem. Otherwise, they are a better long term solution to mobility.

I'm just wondering how the governments and investors think all the power EVs will inevitably need is generated. Most of our plants are coal and outside of nuclear, there isn't a renewable source that would be able to keep up. Governments are putting the cart before the horse on this. 

I think EV vehicles will be more tempting once they sort out solid state batteries or some better way of making batteries outside of lithium.  My work lets you charge EV vehicles for free and even considering that an EV vehicle still isn't worth it to me because how long it would take me to recoup the price of an electric vehicle even with zero fuel cost.  But to drop that much on a car and know that 5-7 years down the line I am going to need to drop 7K on a battery isn't something I am excited about.

Edited by J-ride
2 hours ago, DoctaMario said:

I'm just wondering how the governments and investors think all the power EVs will inevitably need is generated. Most of our plants are coal and outside of nuclear, there isn't a renewable source that would be able to keep up. Governments are putting the cart before the horse on this. 

The production of energy is responsible for most of greenhouse issues. I'll agree that we have to find a way to make it more efficient to the production (e.g., most of the solar energy production is inefficient because of thermal loss). The tech can do it, but we just aren't there yet.

Another issue is highway infrastructure repair. The gas tax is used to fund a fair bit of these projects. Once that revenue starts to dry up, what's next?

1 hour ago, J-ride said:

I think EV vehicles will be more tempting once they sort out solid state batteries or some better way of making batteries outside of lithium.  My work lets you charge EV vehicles for free and even considering that an EV vehicle still isn't worth it to me because how long it would take me to recoup the price of an electric vehicle even with zero fuel cost.  But to drop that much on a car and know that 5-7 years down the line I am going to need to drop 7K on a battery isn't something I am excited about.

That's my exact issue. It's gonna be a hard sell to know there is built in obsolescence. This could potentially wind up being like the light bulb "cartel" with battery manufacturers. The one thing people don't realize is that at this point, domestic and foreign cars are one in the same given the supply chain. Companies build specs and a manufacturer fabricates it. Whoever controls that space is gonna control the market.

2 hours ago, MillionX said:

heh, somewhere out there--- SRK's own Shaft Agent should definitely be watching The Five on fox right now---Katie Pavlich is on, and the amount of lower leg/calf she's showing is INSANE.  

I'll let you know what he says.

Edit, Shaft Agent's response:

"HOLY SHIT! they had The Five on in the break room and i randomly glanced at it and saw her on there. i immediately walked to a computer to see if i could get a name, but imdb only shows the main hosts so i made a mental note to search for her when i got home. she was absolutely reckless today.

tell him i thank him greatly for giving me her name

also tell him i still think he's still the GOAT"