Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

2 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

Exposing his perception of Tribes here me thinks. 

Yeah, its something I tried to explain to a friend of mine a while back but he was initially hesitant. Modern society kinda sucks overall. "Yeah but modern medicine".

Sure we have modern medicine. But almost everything else is kinda shittier by contrast. We get less time with our kids, less time with our partners, more time doing and eating unhealthy shit.

Most of the the current world has lot the fucking plot on life. It gets even weirder when you look at the enviromental costs of some modern stuff. Man, some dude did a vid on teflon. The ways in which teflon has fucked up the planet is just unacceptable. We could've done with cooking with bit more oil instead of going that route.

But hey, your wife got some side dick so it invalidates everything. Doesn't matter that you also got some side strange too.

6 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

Who gives a fuck about modern medicine when the majority of us can't even get it?

Think I mentioned this in SRK but I guess it kinda bears repeating. My best friend's mom passed away in 2019. They are more than a few notches above me in income and wealth.

They had, what they and I assumed, was good insurance they were paying out the nose for. She still got denied certain treatment options when her breast cancer popped off. She wanted a double mastectomy and they told her no.

Boy is life nuts.

It happened, folks.. the clash of 2 of the most OP villains of modern times.... I'll have to get caught up later but here it is...

The nature of Aizen's main ability is so crazy it always amuses me....the fact that even if you realize what's going on, it's not like there's anything you can do about it....you can't even be sure if the Aizen you're speaking to currently is really there or not.  Ha, I love that.  

Then on top of that... shinigami in general are already impressive in terms of baseline abilities... and Aizen happens to be far beyond what is normal for them.

Edited by MillionX

whoah, random comment in youtube chat inspired me---"Frankenbooger".  I must make a character from that now.

I might actually start up Modnation Racers once again, since the Mii customization options are so pitiful.  The servers for that have been down for years, but it still functions, unlike your average game from today's dumbass era of "online-only LOL" nonsense.

6 minutes ago, DarkSakul said:

You aren't missing much other than disappointment 

I mean, that’s how I felt about the first movie which is why I didn’t care about the 2nd or 3rd. So…🤷🏼‍♂️

The most I ever got into the matrix fandom was listening to my best friend constantly harping about how good the MMO was and how every time he brought up the MMO or the Matrix universe I wanted to avoid all of it that much more. 😂

Edited by iStu X

So, I'm not alone in thinking that trailer gave away too damn much even though I somehow still don't know exactly what's going on. I hate trailers that give too much away like that. You only know "Yep, I've seen too much" at the very end. You don't get a spoiler warning or anything.

Edited by axeman61
4 minutes ago, AndrogynousBandy said:

Really? My bad. I don't have that kind of memory to comment further from that time. Memory problems. Lol.

For one thing alot of the elements she claimed are basically in a comic series that the sisters admitted to liking alot. The comic creator basically was yeah they ripped me off but whatever about it. Even worked on the matrix comics lmfao. I'm blanking on his name at the moment. 

oh yeah it's back on... Fox's "The Five"...annnd once again Katie Pavlich and Those Legs are in the same spot, prominently displayed.

That new Matrix trailer was awesome... I'm fully on board that hype train for sure.  I remember being there for the opening weekend of the first film... it was an unforgettable experience, seeing that on the big screen.  The crowd excitement was insane...starting with that first action sequence with Trinity fighting a couple of agents... people were going wild in that theater...no one had seen anything like this before.  It was great stuff.

8 hours ago, Sonero said:

Shiiiet calm down with your "women are property" ass. Not all tribes roll that way. The one tribe that is kinda known for it has both partners dipping outside of marriage at random. Doesn't dissolve marriage, they just sort of call it fair game and move on with their day.

Infidelity and how its perceived is a different bag of bricks. In Germany it wasn't cheating if you did it on vacation. Like if you went to Evo and fucked a broad, that wasn't cheating. That whole situation is a wash.

That wasn't my point but okay. Figured you were an anthropology guy so it would be more an inside joke/reference. But you do you.

Morpheus got killed in the process of trying to go on rampage to try to force the machines to give Neo's body back.  The Wachowski's said the MMO was canon but whether they're going to go back on that or not remains to be seen. 

Spoiler

I'm really curious as to what's going on with Trinity now and now with this trailer I'm leading towards her being actually dead and this is some sort of construct of her.  Why the machines would do this is anybody's guess cause this trailer has me asking even more questions now especially since "Smith" might be back.  Why would the machines bring HIM back?  What is the end game here for keeping Neo alive and then also bringing "Smith" back?  Unless they thing they somehow programmed him well enough that they can control him this go round which considering the ego on the Architect, I wouldn't be surprised if that was the case.  That's 2 major liabilities  that I have no idea what the endgame is for having them.

5 minutes ago, Maxx said:

.. Also.. . WHAT THE FUCK 

Its a legitimately bad game to almost meme proportions. They got a bunch of people who thought MvC3 was the best game and they let them make a game.  So you take all the reasons why MvC3 is shitty and put them all into one game.

And there you go. Its that and dumber since the game has unblockables that lead to ToDs. The on incoming you can unblockable into ToD.

Also a lot of characters can ToD you by themselves. So you're stuck there watching a Vanilla Skullgirls level of long ass combo that's gonna kill anyways. But then for funsies they do "resets" so they can feel like they are doing ZOMG HYPE MARVEL SHIT. But it isn't hype because there's not many real reasons to go for them for the most part. Ooh they also have anti infinite stuff but only for some infinites. Other infinites are okay and those infinite kill.

The game is so meme-a-licious that I went to their big tournament a few months ago, clicked on a random match just to see and it was literally ToDs into other ToDs and then more ToDs.

The game is terrible. Probably fun with friends that don't know wtf is going on but don't play past that.

7 hours ago, Maxx said:

For one thing alot of the elements she claimed are basically in a comic series that the sisters admitted to liking alot. The comic creator basically was yeah they ripped me off but whatever about it. Even worked on the matrix comics lmfao. I'm blanking on his name at the moment. 

They showed WB Ghost in the Shell and said "We wanna do that." Lot of overlap with GitS internet. 

What other comic you.refering to? The Wachowskis are a highly influenced couple, like Tarantino their appreciation stretches wide.