Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

1 minute ago, Abbachio said:

Thanks for the feedback guys, I really appreciate it.

@Sonero

Regarding the B sprite her belt is unfinished that's why there's only 1 colour there but everything else you said is spot on and I can see it now especially with regards to her legs looking off with her pose and the lighting being inconsistent, sometimes when drawing you can't see things that are off until pointed out so it really helps, cheers bruv. And in regards to sprite D, I also cannot unsee Boba Fett lmao.

Hopefully you guys don't mind me posting updates and other sprites here for critique every so often.

Again cheers lads 👍

I like looking at people art and I'm sure if you ask for honest constructive criticism we'll be more than happy to give it if that's what you want.  I mean constructive criticism helps you get better no?  So I'm sure most of us don't mind helping.    Of course I don't want to assume I'm speaking for everyone else but I get that feeling based on the responses.

5 minutes ago, Abbachio said:

Thanks for the feedback guys, I really appreciate it.

@Sonero

Regarding the B sprite her belt is unfinished that's why there's only 1 colour there but everything else you said is spot on and I can see it now especially with regards to her legs looking off with her pose and the lighting being inconsistent, sometimes when drawing you can't see things that are off until pointed out so it really helps, cheers bruv. And in regards to sprite D, I also cannot unsee Boba Fett lmao.

Hopefully you guys don't mind me posting updates and other sprites here for critique every so often.

Again cheers lads 👍

Hey keep posting them. I think most of us here are fans of sprites. "No Cammy, I said fans of sprites not can of sprite. What? Don't look at me like that."

1284840873_CammySF.gif.233057f8845c76dc7acc6bf44fa0a01d.gif

"Ima tell @Doctrine_Dark! "

Edit: I should have known @Sonichumanwould reply first.....

Edited by Darc_Requiem
4 hours ago, Sonero said:

All the people saying both players should get a W in case of a draw. I hate that modern games do this.

You replay the thing, nobody won. wtf?

I gotta re-watch but I swore cuddle was up a round. If that's correct my thinking is you give everyone a round. So if that gives cuddle the game.. She wins the game. 

Or

You run it back.. But either sys you don't wait 18 min and give the players time to cool off. Cuddle was cooking homeboy and obviously that cool down fucked with her mentally and physically.  

Either way the rules should have been known by the to's and shouldn't have been that big of an issue. A double ko happens... It's should not be that big of a deal. 

4 minutes ago, Maxx said:

I gotta re-watch but I swore cuddle was up a round. If that's correct my thinking is you give everyone a round. So if that gives cuddle the game.. She wins the game. 

The rounds were 2 v 2 when the last hit ended that game in a draw.

Agreed though. Honestly if a tournament is stupid enough to have a rule that says if a game is a draw, both players get a W, you should just dodge that tournament because its a stupid ass rule. Hell in M:TG that shit is first to 2 wins.  Doesn't sound like that big a deal but you have to fill out match slip papers that the winner takes to report. So you can potentially have the winner declared by 2 wins, 1  loss and 2 draws if that's what happens in the 50 minutes of game time.

Its actually kinda goofy that people can go to FGC tournaments and not know the rules before hand. Probably should have a player's meeting to sort that ish out at the beginning of tournaments. One of the few things that would happen in M:TG. Even though a good 95% of the room knows whats up, you still had people go through some of the basics just in case of new people.

I guess both players getting a W would make sense in a long set even then that's kinda wack.

3 minutes ago, Sonero said:

The rounds were 2 v 2 when the last hit ended that game in a draw.

Agreed though. Honestly if a tournament is stupid enough to have a rule that says if a game is a draw, both players get a W, you should just dodge that tournament because its a stupid ass rule. Hell in M:TG that shit is first to 2 wins.  Doesn't sound like that big a deal but you have to fill out match slip papers that the winner takes to report. So you can potentially have the winner declared by 2 wins, 1  loss and 2 draws if that's what happens in the 50 minutes of game time.

Its actually kinda goofy that people can go to FGC tournaments and not know the rules before hand. Probably should have a player's meeting to sort that ish out at the beginning of tournaments. One of the few things that would happen in M:TG. Even though a good 95% of the room knows whats up, you still had people go through some of the basics just in case of new people.

I guess both players getting a W would make sense in a long set even then that's kinda wack.

Players meeting would make sense but let's be real fgc isn't that effefient. Sports do that.. Sweat lords who lab on stream don't. Plus with covid and it seemed dlkke they took it semi seriously because I really didn't notice anyone not wearing a mask prob woulda prevented that. 

Buttt they Def should have sent them the rules. It's a tekken tournament so it wouldn't have been that hard to read through. But even if the players knew the rules... The tos clearly didn't lol. 

5 hours ago, HD-Man said:

What does he say on there? Excerpts

@RSG:  Reminds me of when Paris Hilton tried to trademark That's Hot 

Michael Buffer did trademark "Let's get ready to rumble!"  Not sure if his brother tried to trademark "It's Time!"

Side Note: I still think it's crazy that Bruce Buffer found his brother by literally watching boxing and saying "Hey that guy has the same last name as me."

I think he was in that Ready 2 Rumble boxing game too.... it was that or some other boxing video game several years ago....I wonder if he got paid for the phrase *and* use of his likeness as well there.  Ha, that's awesome if you can get away with it.

Oh and that must be a trademark mess there; I just remembered that Michael Jackson also was a character in that game....

Edited by MillionX

I was randomly thinking. And this is a sheer coincidence that I'm posting this after Maxx posted a tinder log. Not subliminal-clowning him.

There used to be a dude on old SRK called Stuckey. He had all kinds of stories about his adventures sleeping with chicks or getting into crazy adventures. Now that I'm thinking on some of them, I'm getting real "that shit wasn't real" vibes. I only remember bits and pieces, but I remember the stories being out there enough that one or two people said he was BS'ing.

But was it ever found out whether he was lying or not?

Edited by axeman61

heh, one of the funniest old characters from old-era srk I remember was this dude that went by the name perplex_shyt.  His humor seemed to be exactly like that of an old college buddy that always cracked me up.

I miss those old times... there was also The Determiner, which I thought was a great gimmick.  There was also one from the Fighting Game Discussion side of the forums I vaguely remember called "Golden Nismor".... heh, those were good times, man.

On another random note of that juicy Vampire rpg lore---- Ur-Shulgi, a 4th gen sired by Haqim himself; I was reminded of this by a thread I saw on reddit about how ridiculously OP this dude is... 

https://whitewolf.fandom.com/wiki/Ur-Shulgi 

imagine the terror of being a lowly fledgling hoping not get on the bad side of a being like that.  His stats are either "unknown" or 9s and 8s.  

"Ur-Shulgi is powerful enough to crush any aggressor, except another Methuselah, without apparent effort. "Any aggressor" includes any coterie of players' characters unlucky enough to meet it and foolish enough to challenge its might."

11 minutes ago, Maxx said:

Lmfao 

Klepper does an amazing job of having people run face first into the point and missing it completely.

Edit:  I actually have a wellness person in my group of coworkers that I work with so a lot of this stuff I'm seeing in this vid is pretty much in line with the stuff that comes out of her mouth where she's a firm believer that if you just eat certain things and boost your immunity through spirituality and stuff that she'll be protected from whatever disease.  Anytime there's any sort of conversation that even goes a tiny bit in the direction about vaxxination she starts spreading her good vibe stuff among the other coworkers.  I don't even bother trying to say anything or refute any of it cause I know it's pointless.

Edited by Sonichuman
22 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

Klepper does an amazing job of having people run face first into the point and missing it completely.

Edit:  I actually have a wellness person in my group of coworkers that I work with so a lot of this stuff I'm seeing in this vid is pretty much in line with the stuff that comes out of her mouth where she's a firm believer that if you just eat certain things and boost your immunity through spirituality and stuff that she'll be protected from whatever disease.  Anytime there's any sort of conversation that even goes a tiny bit in the direction about vaxxination she starts spreading her good vibe stuff among the other coworkers.  I don't even bother trying to say anything or refute any of it cause I know it's pointless.

I blame Jenny Mccarthy still for the wellness soccer mom section of anti vaccers 

6 hours ago, axeman61 said:

I was randomly thinking. And this is a sheer coincidence that I'm posting this after Maxx posted a tinder log. Not subliminal-clowning him.

But was it ever found out whether he was lying or not?

I dunno, Old SRK was in a different time.  I became an adult in the late 90s, girls were straight up down back then and much more approachable than today.  I don't remember his stories per say but I remember Jinsogood/Philth and Sovi3t having some pretty entertaining stories.  Sovi3t in particular had one about plowing a girl and her mom which was pretty hilarious.  I do miss the crazy stories thread, I wish some of those were archived.

Edited by J-ride

Anyone else watched the US Senate Crypto hearing with the top exchange CEOs?

I watched it in one sitting after work yesterday. Fascinating af and about damn time imo. This was actually one of the rare hearing where both sides did their homework(well, most of the senators) and has intelligent discussion. The crypto CEOs are practically *BEGGING* for official ruling at this point. Mr. Brooks should head the US Crypto bureau  if there ever is one.

The way i see it, crypto is a giant wave of change en route and if US doesn't get it's shit straight, US dollar dominance/relevance is going to be in jeopardy.

1 minute ago, NinetiesArcades said:

The way i see it, crypto is a giant wave of change en route and if US doesn't get it's shit straight, US dollar dominance/relevance is going to be in jeopardy.

That I doubt. Cypto isn't anywhere near where It can replace Legal tender. 

There needs to be huge infanstructre changes to make crypto a legal tender. 

Even the world's biggest Crypto convention refused to accept crypto as payment.

I say if you want to do something about crypto, ether outlaw it flat out or regulate the fuck out of it. 

9 minutes ago, NinetiesArcades said:

Anyone else watched the US Senate Crypto hearing with the top exchange CEOs?

I watched it in one sitting after work yesterday. Fascinating af and about damn time imo. This was actually one of the rare hearing where both sides did their homework(well, most of the senators) and has intelligent discussion. The crypto CEOs are practically *BEGGING* for official ruling at this point. Mr. Brooks should head the US Crypto bureau  if there ever is one.

My semi uneducated take is that crypto seems speculative now like other things which, imo, kind of defeats the purpose of it. Might as well just invest in oil or gold since those are tangible assets. The government seems to want to control crypto too which also defeats the purpose of it. Definitely correct me if I'm wrong on this stuff tho. 

Edited by DoctaMario

Yea..i used to think the same regarding crypto being speculative but I've been reading and actually started investing gambling(?) on it since last summer and there are dapps(decentralized applications)  and companies out there tying cryptos to tangible assets like houses etc. Here's a quick recap on how much crypto has progress;

(a) Tokenized Real-estate: For as little as $50, you can own a crypto token representing share of a house for sale. You even get K-1 forms by end of year. 

https://www.lofty.ai/

(b) Crypto games play-to-earn/win: Two biggest I seen so far,

Axie Infinity: think pokemon except you actually own them and can sell/trade/even rent them out.

https://axieinfinity.com/

Philippines apparently is one of the top country that plays this, One of the player even managed to buy 2 houses. https://invesbrain.com/axie-infinity-player-buys-two-houses-in-the-philippines-from-in-game-profits/

Gods Unchained: digital card game like Hearthstone/Magic The Gathering. This i actually play and already earned a few tokens . One of the co-founder is a Magic The Gathering director/founder. Same deal; you own the cards you get and can sell it in Immutable X market.

(c) Attempted to buy a copy of US Constitution using DAO:  basically group of investors(individuals+vcs etc) pooled their cryptos and attempted to bid a copy 1 of 13 printed US constitution in Sothebys. 

https://www.forbes.com/sites/abrambrown/2021/11/18/constitution-dao-crypto-ether-constitutional-sothebys-sale-auction/?sh=69c7544b6ad4

(d)  NFTs: besides the art/ape stuff in OpenSea,  NBA, toy companies(ie FUNKO digital figurines) etc are going hard into it. Even the popular meme back in the day are being sold as nft.

'Disaster Girl' meme

https://www.npr.org/2021/04/30/992383825/disaster-girl-the-stuff-of-memes-sells-for-nearly-500-000-as-nft 

(E) State-specific coins:  Started with Miami and now NY is getting into it too.

We need more of these private corpo--> Gov't hearing imo; include other crypto weights into the discussion like Vitalik/Silvio Micali/Charles Hoskinson etc.