Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

5 minutes ago, HD-Man said:

I don't know if it's a joke or not, but a guy went on Facebook and bought a PS5 off the street. He got all the way  home and found a cat inside the box instead of a system. Ahahahahahaha, I'm howling 🤣🤣😂😂

Now the true dilemma is what is he gonna do with the cat? You can't be an asshole and abandon him now would he?

41 minutes ago, HD-Man said:

This man ain't think to actually look inside the box. I'm sure it's probably a joke cuz you can't be that stupid not to feel some shit moving around in that box, can you???? 

Your belief in the intelligence of humanity is  heartwarming but unwarranted. People are quite stupid. It's our unfortunate reality. 

I usually don't read this site but this article peaked my interested. Reminds me of my uncle Louis, he's really really light. I bet he had similar shit happen to him. That had to be an interesting experience growing up. Enlightening and saddening at the same time.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/black-woman-white-privilege-racism_n_61ae133ee4b07fe2012a3f67

Man, time for entertainment is so cramped these days... and in my case it's mostly youtube.  Currently, I have 5 youtube tabs open to get caught up on, and as I've said before---that's a "low" number of tabs for me.......and it's not all "bikini try-on haul!" sexy stuff either... there's just so much out there, it's impossible to have enough time for all of it.  Sometimes it's a relief to just take a break from youtube for at least a weekend.

Back in the ol' times before youtube, it was all just gaming, tv shows and movies....and of course there would be those times when nothing good was on tv (e.g.--Sunday mornings; never as cool as Saturday mornings, from a kid's perspective at least), and then you move to whatever you have on tape or DVD... or play a game.  

It's interesting to think of how drastically different this era is from when my parents grew up... for them it was just tv, radio, and comics....and miscellaneous little games like card games, or dice, I guess; but I don't think either of my parents were into that when they were younger.

On another random note--it's still funny to me when I see pictures of Will Smith as Richard Williams, simply because Will looks nothing like that dude, imo 😆  The similarities are that he's a black guy and that's about it.

Edited by MillionX

^oh yeah, there's that as well... there's one I occasionally watch called PBS Space Time.  

One of the coolest things I've heard about in the category of space phenomena --- the gamma ray burst... basically a real life giant MvC2 beam hypercombo from a dying star....it would immediately vaporize all surface-level life forms here if Earth ever got hit by it.  Of all the possible extinction-level events that could happen, it would be the least depressing since it would happen so fast....too fast for anyone to even know what's happening before it's over, actually.  Even if deep-sea life managed to survive this... their death would be inevitable as well since the atmosphere of the planet would be gone.  Most of the oceans would be boiled away to nothing depending on how close it is.  Humanity stands no chance against it 🤣  

sheeeittt, imagine that--- in 1 moment of an impossibly bright flash of light, everything and everyone burns to nothing....the entirety of the human species and all other land-based creatures; erased in a second or 2.  haha it's like a Thanos snap for real.

edit---tragic thing --- any aliens that happen to have mastered space-travel...imagine they arrive late to the game here.... GRB just hit Earth a few months ago... aliens cruise by (let's assume these guys haven't been here before) completely unaware that this was once a planet that was filled with living things.  They would likely just see another barren planet that is now a burned out rock that orbits a star.  Just about all evidence that we were here would be gone....well, *maybe* there might be a few remnants of structures left to spark their curiosity of what kinds of creatures once lived here.

Edited by MillionX
11 minutes ago, HD-Man said:

Jesus, that budget sure don't look like a fan film 😳

Clearly haven't seen star trek fan films.. They regularly pull ex trek stars. 

Also remember the dark power rangers unofficial movie that came out years ago that Saban tried to shut down 

That Jussie verdict is due in the next few minutes... Angryman is live with it of course... 

I'll bet Nick Rekieta is live on this shit too...

damnnnn and the VideoGame Awards is about to start too... as I just found another Vampire ttrpg live-play session....see, there's too much shit going on *just* with Youtube 😆

oh yeah...guilty...

...but watch---it will be PROBATION 🤣

...and just yesterday I was hearing news that BLM got on the bandwagon to stand with Jussie.

Season 2 Reaction GIF by Insecure on HBO

Edited by MillionX
6 minutes ago, NinetiesArcades said:

Some things are best left in their original, unbridled anime form. This is that one case.  

Eh...I'm in the camp that the show overall wasn't as horrible as people were making it out and it still felt like Cowboy Bebop but there were some choices especially obviously script wise that put it in middling.  Cowboy Bebop isn't One Piece.  It's definitely doable and I can easily see it being done live action.  It probably would never reach the nostalgia, prestige and clout of the animation but I'm pretty confident it can get close.  It can work as a good adaptation and actually bring in more people as fans to like the IP and HOPEFULLY get people who can't be bothered to watch animation or anime and get them to open their minds.

tbh, og bebop is sorta overrated imo.

i think its as popular with peeps as it is more cuz nostalgia for their notion of an "adult" anime vs kiddie anime. pre internet era.

its alotta people's 1st geared towards adult anime.

other peep's 1st adult anime is rurouni kenshin.

as for me, i cant remember my 1st adult anime. but wasnt either of those two.

but i think bebop is overrated. when it comes to..anime we've watched specifically cable before we had the net.

i'd rather see another cable tv anime show wolf's rain than bebop any day of the week.

if we gonna think about all the cable tv anime shows we've seen. like full metal alchemist etc etc.

revisting bebop.

i dont remember much. story was meh. 

but it did have the best intro op song ever.

47 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

I haven’t seen the show myself and only read some reviews but I think the show would’ve benefited from doing more new stuff than just having most of it adapted from the anime. Cowboy Bebop went everywhere with each episode. One episode was comedic as Spike was faced against a rival bounty Hunter. Other episodes were somber as you get the backstory of the crew. And then there was the one weird episode that was pretty much Alien. If the live action was more like that with new content instead of adaptions of the anime episodes, I think it could’ve be seen more positively.

Then again, I also heard that the expanded backstory to Vicious and Julia were not great so I can’t say for sure.

8 minutes ago, VirginDefiler said:

tbh, og bebop is sorta overrated imo.

i think its as popular with peeps as it is more cuz nostalgia for their notion of an "adult" anime vs kiddie anime. pre internet era.

its alotta people's 1st geared towards adult anime.

other peep's 1st adult anime is rurouni kenshin.

as for me, i cant remember my 1st adult anime. but wasnt either of those two.

but i think bebop is overrated. when it comes to..anime we've watched specifically cable before we had the net.

i'd rather see another cable tv anime show wolf's rain than bebop any day of the week.

if we gonna think about all the cable tv anime shows we've seen. like full metal alchemist etc etc.

revisting bebop.

i dont remember much. story was meh. 

but it did have the best intro op song ever.

My first adult anime was Mighty Max. Come see me. Tim Curry kills everyone and the hero loses 

Real Housewives GIF

10 minutes ago, BornWinner said:

I haven’t seen the show myself and only read some reviews but I think the show would’ve benefited from doing more new stuff than just having most of it adapted from the anime. Cowboy Bebop went everywhere with each episode. One episode was comedic as Spike was faced against a rival bounty Hunter. Other episodes were somber as you get the backstory of the crew. And then there was the one weird episode that was pretty much Alien. If the live action was more like that with new content instead of adaptions of the anime episodes, I think it could’ve be seen more positively.

Then again, I also heard that the expanded backstory to Vicious and Julia were not great so I can’t say for sure.

Yeah...I was not a fan of what they did to Vicious and Julia at all.

1 minute ago, DangerousJ said:

When Keeping it Real goes wrong:

Jussie Smollett

My mom was saying they were making an example of him and the first response I had to it was GOOD.  What he did was fucked up to black people and fucked up to white people.  We got enough bullshit and division going on in this country that's actually happening so we didn't need someone faking shit that actually happens.  Fuck him and I hope they put him under the jail.

25 minutes ago, BornWinner said:

Will be posting this to the Marvel thread but I thought you guys would find this interesting here as well.

For REAL though; at the rate we're going with these variants and shit, damn near everybody's going to have to get the vaccine at some point. Especially in Hollywood. It's stupid with 3 O's to give up any paper over it.

That's if I believe this. I'm half and half. If not for Kyrie Irving, I would think this is 100% made up. But now I kinda believe this is possible.

There was this commercial on the game awards that showed a bunch of game codes from ea or some publisher.

I screencapped those game codes they were showing and 10 of them were already claimed or invalid. The one I put in on steam was claimed within 10 seconds of it being on stream lololol damn

Edited by elliephil
4 hours ago, HD-Man said:

You better be stuffing stars up yo ass again, boi. They are not designed to go in anus😂

.....................Hold on buddy.  It ain't gonna be THAT kinda Christmas! 

EDIT:  I would've been able to laugh more if not for the horror stories I remember from doing inspections during the Navy.  I didn't see any stars up any asses, but that was probably because I wasn't the one on duty THAT day and not that it never happened.   Chances are good that it happened and it happened more than once.  

Edited by Deadly_Raver
3 minutes ago, HD-Man said:

This girl asking me all these questions about where I work, do I want to settle down and have kids and shit. Baby, I'm just trynna fuck, ain't nun of that other shit finna happen. She used to smash my homeboy, ain't no relationship. Hell, he the one sent me to her 😂

Nigga back away slowly before you find holes in your condoms