Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

2 hours ago, RSG3 said:

They showed WB Ghost in the Shell and said "We wanna do that." Lot of overlap with GitS internet. 

What other comic you.refering to? The Wachowskis are a highly influenced couple, like Tarantino their appreciation stretches wide. 

Grant Morrisons the invisibles. A few websites go over the various things they took, the sisters have talked their love of the book... I thought Grant even tried to sue at one point but I can't seem to find that but he Def worked on something matrix related later on. But hes talked about how the first movie ripped alot of stuff off and said he wished they kept ripping him off because 2&3 weren't good to him. 

One thing that was annoying and unfortunate about the Matrix sequels--- the "rogue programs" concept being dropped.  This was such an interesting idea that was brought up, and sadly it just got abandoned.  

...it's another example of why a regular series is a better format for some things, imo.  With a series, the writer(s) get so much more time to develop characters and story concepts.  Even a movie trilogy just seems too limited on time, since that's only going to be about 6 hours on average for the 3 parts...and most of part 1 is your introductory/exposition stuff.  

The "ghost" twins in particular were SO damn cool... and at the time I was thinking "...that can't be the end of them...surely they will be back...", and we never saw them again after the explosion... I don't think we saw the Merovingian involved with anything after that either.

edit--currently on fox--- Ainsley Earhardt; I forgot about this one until seeing her recently... that's another fine one there; she's been on for quite a while.  Fox definitely has a specialty in the "no ugly women" tv policy.  

...hmm...yeah it seems like the Darrell Brooks story has already faded away in the news, as I figured.  I realize that part of the reason is that the ultimate resolution to that story is predictable; we already know that dude will get multiple life sentences, most likely with no chance at parole.  It would become "news" again if by some miracle he ends up getting less than that.

Edited by MillionX

The Matrix to me should of stayed as just the one movie and that's it. No sequels, no Animatrix, no MMO.

What made the first Matrix good was it was kinda mind blowing, you doubted the world was real.

The 2nd was cool, alot of cool scenes, but it was 85% spectacle, 14% lore expansion, and the last 1% was hype from the first.

3rd movie so bad, that it made me hate the first 2 and made me wish I never saw any if it. 

Yesterday I was working on my project vehicle and the algorithm delivered the song "The Adults are Talking" by the Strokes. Decided to give the whole album a listen. It's been a while since I've listened to a rock album that I've enjoyed throughout. 

Album playlist linked

The entire concept of the first song hooked me. This is definitely my favorite track with "Ode to the Mets" being a close second.

EDIT:

Drums please Fab 🤣

Edited by OPTIMUS124
2 hours ago, DarkSakul said:

Why are people still Spot lighting this ass clown, DSP?

He should of been kicked from YouTube and Twitch long ago.  Man jerk it live on stream once. His sad shit will stop as soon as everyone starts to ignore this looser. 

My cousin gets on my nerves with his constant DSP talk, granted he's shitting on DSP, still I clearly don't give AF and don't want to continue to make dude famous

Yt suggestions know me to damn well. 

Producer got his hands on the raw track of Billie Jean. So he's going through the different channels that make up the song and you hear all the different isolated elements that sound dope but you miss in the whole of the song. Plus ya know listening to mjs raw vocals is wild.  Like you remember he's a good singer but then reminded.. No that boy could fucking sing sing

Edited by Maxx
59 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

Been seeing a lot of coverage on this on YouTube. The CEO seems to have quite the history, including threatening to set his business partner on fire. 

He definitely made it all about himself with the whole "Last time I did this I cried, I hope to be stronger this time" line. Like fuck that guy, laying off 900 people in one fell swoop so he can keep lining his pockets.

1 hour ago, RSG3 said:

Been seeing a lot of coverage on this on YouTube. The CEO seems to have quite the history, including threatening to set his business partner on fire. 

So I'm seeing the fallout and he's claiming some of the people fired are people who clock in for 2 hours but say it's 8. Now if that's true why would you fired them at the same time as people who are being fired for other reasons. 

Also how long did it take them to realize this and then fire everyone two weeks before Christmas. Nigga. The ghost of Christmas gonna beat the fuck outta him

If its a chick, she's kinda hot.

If its a dude, I guess he kinda hot too and I shouldn't judge them for their beautiful purple locks.

Although one thing about the sprite for option D is that it looks like she has boba fett's helmet for a torso and I can't really unsee it.

On B the left arm looks a bit messy as to what its trying to show. You have the right arm bent with hands on the hip, but the left side is doing something that leaves a hole where you can see a few squares of hair from. The light source on it feels a bit confused at times. The shoe in the back has the light hitting in the front, you got some shading going on side of the leg to keep that consistent. But if its hitting in the front there it feels like other parts should be illuminated but they aren't. The skirt is completely darkened when some of it probably should be hit by light. So it almost looks like the back right shoulder and left leg are pointing one way, the right foot is probably consistent with how the left leg is illuminated but the hips would have to be perpendicular to the left leg but then the torso isn't facing you, its shown twisted so it looks like it'd be hard to get into that standing.

2 hours ago, Abbachio said:

Hey gang, could I get some feedback on these sprites? I'm trying to get into gamedev/back into spriting and it'd just be nice to know if I'm on the right track or not. 

A4pPNBy.png

Personally like C the most.  It looks the most readable out of the 4 in my head as I imagine it animated.  Also kind of like the way the posture looks since it kind of looks like the character is leaning more in a way that expresses an eagerness to move forward.

Edited by Sonichuman

The way I lmao when ppl shit on LeBron for not standing up and opposing China while praising Michael Jordan of all ppl. Ya know, the guy who also never opposed China but it responsible for making Nike the juggernaut and household name it it is today. He should be the guy, but he never even stood up for his own ppl 

And folks n the US don't give a shit about the minorities in their own country, in particular blacks, but expect me to believe they suddenly care about slave labor way in China. That shit is a smokescreen and I see right through it 😂

Edited by HD-Man

I wonder if somewhere....some fool named their daughter "Dookisha", and that poor little girl had to grow up with her peers laughing and calling her "Dooki" for short...perhaps joking about her being born from her mama's ass instead of her womb, or that she always stinks and that's why they named her that.  It would be funny though.  Actually that's a character idea there; I should make that one too.  Earlier, I made "El Poopo", and that was fun.

I tried making a Mii named "Chinder Chagger" but of course that's too many letters; you only get 10 spaces on a name.  Once brought into Smash Ultimate, he would be a sword-user type of course.

2 hours ago, HD-Man said:

The way I lmao when ppl shit on LeBron for not standing up and opposing China while praising Michael Jordan of all ppl. Ya know, the guy who also never opposed China but it responsible for making Nike the juggernaut and household name it it is today. He should be the guy, but he never even stood up for his own ppl 

And folks n the US don't give a shit about the minorities in their own country, in particular blacks, but expect me to believe they suddenly care about slave labor way in China. That shit is a smokescreen and I see right through it 😂

I think it's because as of right now, it is Lebron who is active on the NBA.

Rittenhouse has some words for Lebron though

4 hours ago, HD-Man said:

@AriesWarlockI thought that too until they brought that up as the reason why Jordan is better than LeBron, I think Jordan is better on the court but that's where it stops

Ol Crocodile tear Kyle. I somehow doubt he was a Bron fan before all this, but I ain't mad at his response he has a right to defend himself 😂

Lebrons a bitch for trying to trademark Taco Tuesday. He can fuck off forever for that absolute nonsense. 

Dark Shadows-- business has damn sure picked up, folks!  So, Carolyn finally got caught red-handed trying to crack the safe in that attorney's office... Dr. Julia told him that Carolyn was only seducing him to steal her notebook.  He already had his suspicions about her for a while though.  Yeah, blondie, you're busted.  

Meanwhile, Dr. Julia had a terrifying night alone in the Collinwood manor; hallucinating things like the ghost of this other doctor that she and Barnabas killed some time ago.  Oh yeah this show definitely has hooked me at this point.  Ah, at the end... Barnabas was choking out Dr. Julia...then the doors blew open and the candles went out... here comes the little ghost girl Sarah with the save!  

*Fox & Friends this morning on now--- apparently someone set their Christmas tree on fire out front. (*oh lets take a wild guess at the ideological slant of that person.. 😆) They already have someone in custody about that.

edit---that footage I keep seeing of those 2 robbers dressed up like police and following someone home to rob them at gunpoint... yeah, see if I had my way... once convicted, people like that would be locked up for life with no parole...and that's the "generous" option.  I also wouldn't mind them being put before a firing squad.  Some people don't deserve to share this planet with the rest of us.

Edited by MillionX

Thanks for the feedback guys, I really appreciate it.

@Sonero

Regarding the B sprite her belt is unfinished that's why there's only 1 colour there but everything else you said is spot on and I can see it now especially with regards to her legs looking off with her pose and the lighting being inconsistent, sometimes when drawing you can't see things that are off until pointed out so it really helps, cheers bruv. And in regards to sprite D, I also cannot unsee Boba Fett lmao.

Hopefully you guys don't mind me posting updates and other sprites here for critique every so often.

Again cheers lads 👍