Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

Interesting... this is a significant episode of One Da At a Time now...season 9, episode 11--- "Dear Max"--- this is where "Julie" was written off permanently....due to Mackenzie Phillips' real life drug problems at the time.  I had to do some quick internet research to refresh my memories on this...she was actually fired before but this was the the final nail in the coffin on that character.... this was also after she apparently collapsed on set and was asked to do a drug test

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0072554/trivia

another "Very special episode" there---- so the character Julie sent a letter back to her husband max that she was just gonna leave him and the baby behind....and just like that she was outta there.

(*edit----it still surprises me that this woman is still alive, btw, considering how critical her issues with drugs were back in the day)

*Of course, Valerie Bertinelli is on there looking just as smokin hot as usual though.  Salad-toss worthy, that one.

Edited by MillionX
2 hours ago, DoctaMario said:

Was gonna say, Ted is one of most emasculated dudes I can think of. The fact that he has a beard and is from Texas doesn't even help him 😂

That said though, I don't understand why the military of all places is doing a campaign like this. I would think the armed forces is one of the last places you'd want to accentuate the differences between its members, unless most of that stuff goes out the window once people are there and they're just trying to recruit.

All of that in bold times ten.  One of the main characteristics about the appearance of military personnel is how we all look similar and..................wait for it..........................Uniform.  On top of the outer appearance, we also used to have a uniform ability group as well.  You could look at the soldiers and sailors in uniform and know that you can be assured that they can all do two miles in X number of minutes, are at least x amount strong and able to do x with X types of weapons minimum.  If that ad he mentions becomes the truth, we are going to be in trouble.  My old lazy butt should NOT be out-performing any military member who has been in for a year or more.  "You took HOW long to run 2 miles?  UNSAT!!"

21 minutes ago, Chadouken said:

Better than "murder" I guess.

What is a murder but unkindness gone to extremes? 

18 minutes ago, JHDK said:

Fuck no it isn't:

I saw them open for John Mayer in the early 2000s and was amazed at how good a live band they are and how many of their songs I knew. I never really listened to them but they were the best part of that show. 

1 hour ago, iStu X said:

We just had to call an ambulance again to take my mom to the ER for her arthritis. I’m super close to just having a full blown meltdown. She just keeps getting worse and I don’t know wtf to do. 

What kinda arthritis does your mother have?  Is she going to the ER cause of like super sever pain?

My lady found out a month or two ago that she has the gout.  She was hurting bad for a long time.  Finally getting the right treatment for it though and she's not hurting so much.

My mom is home and resting comfortably but unfortunately the hospital wasn’t able to do much. Gave her a short term prescription of some very powerful pain meds, gave her some morphine and sent her on her way. 

Im kinda pissed but also there isn’t much a hospital can do about arthritis pains except what they did. I just know it’s 4am and despite feeling exhausted I’m also very much awake and riddled with anxiety. 

probably going to eat an edible before I go to bed like I did last night. I feel it’s the only way I’ll be able to relax enough to sleep. 

Edited by iStu X

ha, it's funny to realize that a LOT of youtube channels are waiting on this upcoming new He-man show, watching like a hawk for any of the expected "woke stuff" to creep in the mix, since you can get NICE views with the reaction commentary to stuff like that these days.  It will be entertaining to watch whatever happens with this... either it's genuinely good, OR they hop on that bandwagon (women=superior, men=trash inferior beings) like so many other shows and movies of recent years....and we all have a fantastic burning train-wreck to watch play out, with the inevitable reaction videos on youtube that poke fun of it (ha, like world class bullshitters.. I'd bet money those guys are hoping this ends up a certain way so they can get tons of easy material for the channel for the next few months; can't really blame 'em, imo 😆 I'd do it too)....  it's a win-win either way this plays out, imo.

Anticipation Popcorn GIF

Edited by MillionX
9 hours ago, AriesWarlock said:

187593064_6222403371118451_3527940437173

Of a logically completely baseless, arbitrary designation of beginning.

Hurrah, numerical truths are inevitable.

CE, isn't.

I can't wait until the 99.9999999% improbable moment where we can finally trace a path back to the exact first instant of humans being.

Then we can recalibrate the date, and just go ahead and keep on pretending that the earth sits atop humanity's cock and rotates thusly, revolving precisely around our collective directionally-accentuated ego, in neat little packages of 365 days, and we're still the temporal center of the universe.

Yay, us.

26 minutes ago, MillionX said:

ha, it's funny to realize that a LOT of youtube channels are waiting on this upcoming new He-man show, watching like a hawk for any of the expected "woke stuff" to creep in the mix, since you can get NICE views with the reaction commentary to stuff like that these days.  It will be entertaining to watch whatever happens with this... either it's genuinely good, OR they hop on that bandwagon (women=superior, men=trash inferior beings) like so many other shows and movies of recent years....and we all have a fantastic burning train-wreck to watch play out, with the inevitable reaction videos on youtube that poke fun of it (ha, like world class bullshitters.. I'd bet money those guys are hoping this ends up a certain way so they can get tons of easy material for the channel for the next few months; can't really blame 'em, imo 😆 I'd do it too)....  it's a win-win either way this plays out, imo.

Anticipation Popcorn GIF

He-Man is actually She-Ra's identical twin sister, lost upon Eternia, found by Skeletor as an infant, and evilly masculated in an effort to suppress her true power as the morally perfect, independent, superior She-Ma'am, from ever ascending to her rightful place as God.

Because God is perfect, and thus female.

The Goddess steps to the left, and bravely allows She-Ma'am to rule co-jointly, and they embrace in an eternal passion of bumping clits.  Yin and Yin, just as nature intended. The true Mistresses of the Universe.

This in turn liberates all of the Men-Type figures, and they realize that they are all hitting the gym so much that they are obviously gay. An American Gods episode ensues.

Spoilers:

If you cannot tell whether the above is a parody of Left Wokeness, or of Republican Non-Think, well...

Congratulations.

Point.

Edited by JHDK
1 hour ago, MillionX said:

Anticipation Popcorn GIF

Ugh. I hate performative wokeness too; I'm an Anti-SJW. But Youtube Anti-SJW channels really make me question that. They are masterclasses in overreaction and making whatever you can out of nothing. Maybe I just haven't come across good ones yet. All I know is that I've hit the "don't recommend" button on plenty of those channels after watching a video for just 2-3 minutes for various reasons. I haven't come across ONE I truly like, with the exception of JLongbone (her Batwoman watch and reviews are hilarious).

Edited by axeman61

So LeBron went to a social gathering which is breach of an NBA violation but won't face ANY consequences. Now ppl are crying foul about the double standards of him gettin off.

They fully understand it's different rules for different ppl but those same ppl can't grasp that SAME concept when cops get off for gunning down ppl of color in the streets 🤔

yeah, on occasion... Kevin's channel has really blown up in the past year now... the guy is over 800k subs now, if I recall!  An older vid I enjoyed from him was something about "Black Men--- you have to cut your hair. (..or stay at the bottom)"  <---it blew me away that this dude had the balls to do *THAT* video, especially considering what kind of audience he had, particularly back then (was a much smaller channel at the time)... I never imagined any of the "black manosphere" content creators would've been so bold as to go all in on that topic like that.  haha that's quite the spicy, "dangerous" topic in my "tribe" that's always bound to step on a lot of toes...

....and this brings my mind back to the general "optics" and presentation thing again---- I think the sadder, more depressing visual is what's happened to the average woman of my "tribe" now, with this hair bonnet thing.  We had one of those xoom meetings just a few days ago... and sure enough, one of the ladies on my team seemed to have no problem appearing on camera with one of those "Jiffy pop popcorn bags" on her head, as Tommy Sotomayor would describe it.... terrible, man.... WHY do they have no problem looking like this?!  That bag on the head looks like some clownish kind of thing to me...or like a character from a 1930s-era cartoon.  There's so many of them in public at this point it must have become a "style" now to look like that..... ridiculous.

smh GIF

edit---tried searching youtube out of curiosity, and this is the only main video I see about it:

...and of course the comment section is sadly quite predictable... check out the "IDGAF what others think of me!" push-back she got on this. 😞  Sad.  

I never anticipated a NEW point-deduction would show up, actually.... it would be great sadness if for example... I saw my old #1 Halle.....but with a bonnet on.  The deduction is severe too... I'll say---- a girl that's normally an 8 or 9....this hair bonnet look instantly drops her score below 5 for me....of course it's a case by case basis...but it's a critical hit in her evaluation.  Fortunately, it's an error that can be corrected by her simply taking that nonsense off.

Edited by MillionX
19 hours ago, Chadouken said:

Got my Phish tix! I'm so fucking hype to see live music again!

I've thought about going to a concert in the fall, but haven't decided on what band to go see. It doesn't help that Dallas is a hotbed for Indie music, and has been for several years now. Last time I went to a concert pre-pandemic was for a music blog, and they had a indie band I was big into at the time as headliners. I'd have to see if the missus would be okay with me taking an evening away from the house.

the more I think of the "bag-head" look the more it disgusts me, actually... now imagine being married to a black woman of today.  THAT is the visual you are pretty much guaranteed to see on a regular basis.  Goddamn that's a serious Debbie Downer thing to think about, imo....the shit looks ridiculous... the very opposite of sexy.

Anyway, I finally rounded up Haunting of Hill House on dvd (didn't see a blu-ray copy), so that's another modern classic added to my collection now....it's always better to actually own these shows and movies you care about.  Now... it no longer matters if Netflix decides to drop that show off the service....or if some pansy ass chump in the near future decides to make some "fixes" to remove or alter certain scenes to fit the new-era "sensibilities" of that time because some sad sap *might* be offended for 3 seconds....nah, it's mine now and they can't do a goddamn thing about it.  That just really gets under my skin, the whole idea of changing certain shows, movies and games later on in light of whatever is now considered an "offensive" thing, or because there wasn't enough "representation" or whatever baby-soft ass reason they pull from their pathetic asses next.  It's this and the push towards an all digital, all online future of entertainment that irritates me to no end.  I don't think most people think too much about the inevitable scenario when they may want to see their favorite show or movie that is now "old"....but *because* it's old... their streaming services of choice no longer have it...and so.... you can't watch your favorite thing anymore, simply because a company somewhere decided you can't.  Nah, fuck that.  As long as physical media continues to exist, this kind of foolishness is not an issue...you want watch what you want, whenever you damn well please.

edit---heh, one of Kev's latest:

Edited by MillionX
2 hours ago, YourFavGrandpa said:

I've thought about going to a concert in the fall, but haven't decided on what band to go see. It doesn't help that Dallas is a hotbed for Indie music, and has been for several years now. Last time I went to a concert pre-pandemic was for a music blog, and they had a indie band I was big into at the time as headliners. I'd have to see if the missus would be okay with me taking an evening away from the house.

Run the Jewels is going to be having a show a few hours away in Missouri next year. I definitely wanna go. 

Edited by iStu X
10 hours ago, MillionX said:

....and this brings my mind back to the general "optics" and presentation thing again---- I think the sadder, more depressing visual is what's happened to the average woman of my "tribe" now, with this hair bonnet thing.  We had one of those xoom meetings just a few days ago... and sure enough, one of the ladies on my team seemed to have no problem appearing on camera with one of those "Jiffy pop popcorn bags" on her head, as Tommy Sotomayor would describe it.... terrible, man.... WHY do they have no problem looking like this?!  That bag on the head looks like some clownish kind of thing to me...or like a character from a 1930s-era cartoon.  There's so many of them in public at this point it must have become a "style" now to look like that..... ridiculous.

lol.  The jiffy pop bag is the ghetto cobra hood. When you see it, just back away.  It MAY not attack, but you've already seen the warning signs, so why bother going near it unless you don't care about being bit.  like you said, people come out of the house looking like that.  No.  No thanks.

7 hours ago, MillionX said:

the more I think of the "bag-head" look the more it disgusts me, actually... now imagine being married to a black woman of today.  THAT is the visual you are pretty much guaranteed to see on a regular basis.  Goddamn that's a serious Debbie Downer thing to think about, imo....the shit looks ridiculous... the very opposite of sexy.

Anyway, I finally rounded up Haunting of Hill House on dvd (didn't see a blu-ray copy), so that's another modern classic added to my collection now....it's always better to actually own these shows and movies you care about.  Now... it no longer matters if Netflix decides to drop that show off the service....or if some pansy ass chump in the near future decides to make some "fixes" to remove or alter certain scenes to fit the new-era "sensibilities" of that time because some sad sap *might* be offended for 3 seconds....nah, it's mine now and they can't do a goddamn thing about it.  That just really gets under my skin, the whole idea of changing certain shows, movies and games later on in light of whatever is now considered an "offensive" thing, or because there wasn't enough "representation" or whatever baby-soft ass reason they pull from their pathetic asses next.  It's this and the push towards an all digital, all online future of entertainment that irritates me to no end.  I don't think most people think too much about the inevitable scenario when they may want to see their favorite show or movie that is now "old"....but *because* it's old... their streaming services of choice no longer have it...and so.... you can't watch your favorite thing anymore, simply because a company somewhere decided you can't.  Nah, fuck that.  As long as physical media continues to exist, this kind of foolishness is not an issue...you want watch what you want, whenever you damn well please.

edit---heh, one of Kev's latest:

omg. @1:25:20 with that one chick.  LMFAO!!!  

You might have to go back a minute to get to the part where she starts, but damn.  Kevin couldn't have asked for a better set up than that.

5 minutes ago, iStu X said:

While I was at the store I bought a bunch of healthy snacks and meal planning kits. I’m also about to order some low impact workout stuff like resistance bands, ankle weights and a small weight set. 

I’m determined to get to sub 250lb by end of September. Let’s fucking go. 

excited pumped up GIF by WWE

Alright bruh. 👍 You've gotta do the rope shake when you hit the goal.

31 minutes ago, iStu X said:

While I was at the store I bought a bunch of healthy snacks and meal planning kits. I’m also about to order some low impact workout stuff like resistance bands, ankle weights and a small weight set. 

I’m determined to get to sub 250lb by end of September. Let’s fucking go. 

excited pumped up GIF by WWE

Best of luck brother!

I also started to do some cardio and light weights/high reps.

I haven't worked out consistently since 2 years ago or so, and I'm tired of being without energy.

LETS GET IT

7 minutes ago, scorp said:

Best of luck brother!

I also started to do some cardio and light weights/high reps.

I haven't worked out consistently since 2 years ago or so, and I'm tired of being without energy.

LETS GET IT

With the neuropathy in my left side it’s extremely hard to find exercises that work for me/that I can actually do/im comfortable with doing. 

I can’t really do cardio outside of a recumbent bike. I think weights would be fine as long as it on a machine. 

there’s a few gyms by my house that I need to look into. A friend keeps asking me to the gym but he never follows up on the offer. Even if I do.