Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

20 hours ago, AriesWarlock said:

Masters of the Universe: Revelation First Look Images Reveal He-Man & Skeletor Redesign

The first images for Masters of the Universe: Revelation have been revealed, finally giving fans a look at He-Man, Skeletor, and the rest of the crew returning to action. Kevin Smith is leading the new animated series, which is targeted at older fans of the original cartoon and picks up the story directly after it ended. Revelation is one of two Masters of the Universe projects currently in development at Netflix, with a CGI revival series aimed at younger audiences also in the works.

Netflix has also announced that the first part of Masters of the Universe: Revelation will premiere in July. Part 1 will consist of 5 episodes, and a second part will be released later, at an undisclosed date, to complete the story. That means that fans of the franchise will get to check out the new series in just two months, with more coming soon.

snip

Everything looks great, but i have a little nitpick, and is that is kind of boring to keep seeing the same lesbian half shaved hairstyle when trying to convey badass/strong female, is not really a problem, is just that at this point is kind of a meme if you ask me, lol

4 hours ago, MillionX said:

-almost forgot... this is "Carl's Jr." for other parts of the country.  I am not sure why it's named differently in other areas.

So I actually know the answer to this. Back in the day the Carl's Jr board of directors ousted the owner from the company. So he said fuck it and started Hardees. Well the CJs board of directors made mistakes and where tanking CJs profits and begged the owner to come back on soke Steve Jobs type shit, so he did but he decided it wasn't worth the time and money to rebrand Hardees because they where doing well so he just left them be and thus we have Hardees and Carl's Jr.

19 hours ago, JHDK said:

They lost me at Teela's hair.

Unfortunately, it's popular in Western media to give tough females a horrible 'do. Shaved sides (I don't know who came up with that but it exploded) or macho haircut like Captain Marvel donned for a while. She looked better in that 2012 cartoon and in recent comics. Oh well, maybe she'll look better when she becomes the sorceress

R6zdIia.jpg

QQYfr6r.jpg

edit: oh, and Teela was blonde once

powersword---23.jpg

Edited by AriesWarlock
20 hours ago, Reiraku said:

Kinda like Del Taco and Naugles

damn.  Del taco.  That's a name I haven't heard in a long time.

way back when I wasn't tall enough to reach doorknobs by myself, my parents got some del taco burritos for us.  Good lord.  it was a TON of onions, but once I emptied about half of them out I was good.  That was the only time I got anything from them as the restaurant was suddenly replaced by a Church's chicken and I hadn't seen another one in forever.  Even after all these years I never forgot that bag of onions. 

...............years later, I would discover Taco Bell, and then I learned that true evil isn't always so easily seen....or tasted.

Edited by Deadly_Raver

y'know, another point of frustration with the old He-Man toys just came to mind---- I didn't like that the big cats weren't poseable.  Battlecat and Panthor were basically just statues...just fixed into one pose.  

My favorite characters from the villain side were Skeletor, Trapjaw and Evillyn

ha, just remembered my cousin had a Skunkor figure...and I thought it would be funny to wash it...oh yeah, good ol' fashioned hot water, soap and a rag.  The smell was still there even after washing, though it was diminished a bit.

Edited by MillionX

I've never been interested in He-man,but this new show designs look good to me(Granted I don't know anything about the franchise.)

One of my childhood friends had a lot of the figures and they had some interesting gimmicks.

The old show ,relative to TF and GIJOE, seemed a more cheesy and the action seemed limited.

I saw the 1987 movie but that didn't improve my opinion of it much.

goddamn I didn't think this roast would be this good... Jody is cookin' this dude right now 🤣

edit---another problem with the He-man cartoon ---they constantly reused certain animation sequences... you'd see the same exact scene of He-man running, the same scene of him punching the screen (*a way to avoid the visual of him punching another character directly), etc.

*I had such a crush on Sorceress back in the day...  yep I was absolutely gettin' a boner anytime they showed her for a decent amount of time.  Evillyn was about on the same level for me... Teela was 3rd place.

hahah it's interesting when you realize just how deep the depraved weirdo thoughts go, btw... that whole Sorceress "look" was such a thing... I often imagined how it would look if girls I had a crush on had her outfit on, wearing it just for me....

Edited by MillionX
30 minutes ago, MillionX said:

edit---another problem with the He-man cartoon ---they constantly reused certain animation sequences... you'd see the same exact scene of He-man running, the same scene of him punching the screen (*a way to avoid the visual of him punching another character directly), etc

This was every cartoon in the 80’s and 90’s though. Even Disney did it. For them it was called the ‘Xerox Era’ but dates back a little more than the others. 

It Saved on production costs to maximize profits. You should watch the 90’s Spider-Man animated. It’s one of the worst offenders. 

Edited by iStu X
3 hours ago, Dayaan said:

What's that?

I'm unsure if you are being serious or not so I'll answer straight.  Wedding rehearsal is takes place before the wedding where everyone pivitol to the wedding (Bride, Groom, Groom's men, Bride's maids, etc) go over what to do for the wedding to make it a smooth experience...usually done with the wedding planner.

10 minutes ago, iStu X said:

This was every cartoon in the 80’s and 90’s though. Even Disney did it. For them it was called the ‘Xerox Era’ but dates back a little more than the others. 

It Saved on production costs to maximize profits. You should watch the 90’s Spider-Man animated. It’s one of the worst offenders. 

Hey I liked that same 3/4 overhead sequence where a character would stop, look left and right, then start running again 🤣

1 hour ago, MillionX said:

y'know, another point of frustration with the old He-Man toys just came to mind---- I didn't like that the big cats weren't poseable.  Battlecat and Panthor were basically just statues...just fixed into one pose.  

My favorite characters from the villain side were Skeletor, Trapjaw and Evillyn

ha, just remembered my cousin had a Skunkor figure...and I thought it would be funny to wash it...oh yeah, good ol' fashioned hot water, soap and a rag.  The smell was still there even after washing, though it was diminished a bit.

lol. Ol' stinkor.  

Stinkor:  "Lay down your weapons or I'll stink up this place so bad you'll DIE!!"
Smash players: "..............I like this guy."

for anybody wondering what that character looks like:  

stinkor02_full.jpg

22 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

I'm unsure if you are being serious or not so I'll answer straight.  Wedding rehearsal is takes place before the wedding where everyone pivitol to the wedding (Bride, Groom, Groom's men, Bride's maids, etc) go over what to do for the wedding to make it a smooth experience...usually done with the wedding planner.

Chad got me. Thanks for the response.

56 minutes ago, iStu X said:

Yep around the 70's is where we saw an era of very cheaply made animation. From Hannah Barbara to Disney Movies...

51 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Hey I liked that same 3/4 overhead sequence where a character would stop, look left and right, then start running again 🤣

Ahh the running sequences...classic. 

2 hours ago, DangerousJ said:

I've never been interested in He-man,but this new show designs look good to me(Granted I don't know anything about the franchise.)

One of my childhood friends had a lot of the figures and they had some interesting gimmicks.

The old show ,relative to TF and GIJOE, seemed a more cheesy and the action seemed limited.

I saw the 1987 movie but that didn't improve my opinion of it much.

He-Man was always strongest quality wise in comic book form imo. 

3 hours ago, HD-Man said:

Nothing like telling a customer my price is firm only for them to spend the next 30+ minutes trying to negotiate, telling a sad story only for me to finally say "Fuck it" and stop responding.

Bitch, ain't no haggling, you either got the money for the shoes or you don't. 🤷🏾‍♂️ 🤣

That's an every day thing for me in my line of work. Often, a very kind sounding "No thank you" confuses the hell out of them because it doesn't offer anything to argue against and isn't combative at all.

1 hour ago, Reiraku said:

That's an every day thing for me in my line of work. Often, a very kind sounding "No thank you" confuses the hell out of them because it doesn't offer anything to argue against and isn't combative at all.

Definitely trying that one next time. So simple and to the point. I usually just say "No" and they keep talking, maybe  thank you is the key 🤔

I remember in those cheap ass old cartoons how you could tell what shit in a scene was going to animate or be interacted with.  That shit stood out.  I noticed it and I hated it.

Younger me didn't care though.  I loved me some He-Man.  I'd be out in the front yard in a t-shirt and underwear, holdin' my plastic sword of grayskull up yelling, "I have the power!!!".  I was three.  Later I remember going to daycare and it sucked cause I wanted to watch He-Man but everyone else wanted Sesame Street.  Fuck that.  bullshit man

haha, even the look of Stinkor was funny to me...and I also found it hilarious that a character/toy's whole gimmick was the fact that he's a skunk mutant so he stinks 🤣  They had some strange ideas for characters and toys back in the day, man.

*I also just remembered a character named Man-E-Faces, and yeah I had the toy of this character... his deal was that he had "many faces", hence the name.

https://he-man.fandom.com/wiki/Man-E-Faces

Another episode of Hogan Family is on at the moment on AntennaTV.... it's 2nd season stuff again so Valerie is still on there.  Val was looking so cute in those early episodes... quite the underrated tv milf there.

Back in '87, Jason Bateman would go on to star in the sequel "Teen Wolf Too", I remember... I saw that shit on the big screen back then.  '87 was quite a year, man... it was also the legendary summer that blessed the world with The Lost Boys and Near Dark.  Also, from some quick internet research, "Batteries Not Included" came out that year too... toy companies missed a big opportunity with Batteries Not Included, I think... if they made real remote control toys of those little spaceships, it would've sold like hotcakes everywhere, easily.  I certainly wanted one.  Trailer:

Teen Wolf Too:

Edited by MillionX

Ex threw away a wedding invitation for a friend's wedding because she hated them for a very dumb and petty reason. But knew I still wanted to go... I kept looking for a while just incase but I'm sure of it now. She threw a bunch of my shit away or broke things on her way out. But unfortunately now it's Def past the mail in confirmation date. Because it's within the next couple months. 

Sooo I've accepted this L. I'm not gonna annoy them to explain a dumb ass situation that wasn't their fault to begin with and add any stress to them. 😭

28 minutes ago, Maxx said:

Ex threw away a wedding invitation for a friend's wedding because she hated them for a very dumb and petty reason. But knew I still wanted to go... I kept looking for a while just incase but I'm sure of it now. She threw a bunch of my shit away or broke things on her way out. But unfortunately now it's Def past the mail in confirmation date. Because it's within the next couple months. 

Sooo I've accepted this L. I'm not gonna annoy them to explain a dumb ass situation that wasn't their fault to begin with and add any stress to them. 😭

Are you pretty close to them? Honestly, if you are, just call them and see if you can still roll. If their planner/coordinator is worth a shit, they planned for 10% above the limit for things like this. Besides, very few people are gonna be like "Naa fam, we good" if they invited you to a wedding. Speaking of invitations, my wife was upset when I tried to use a flowchart to determine who should/should not be at a wedding. The closer we got to the day, the more she understood and appreciated me holding the line. This legitimately cut the initial proposed list by about 60%. 

b6c15030b0a0521a01740e5739b58d0d.jpg

Edited by OPTIMUS124
1 hour ago, Maxx said:

There's a good chance there are other people who won't come and won't rsvp that they aren't coming. If these are people you like and care about, talk to them because they wouldn't have invited you if they didn't want you there, and they're  paying for that space and food already and it's a waste of their money if it goes uneaten. After going through my own wedding back in October, if anything, it makes you feel better about it when someone you didn't think was coming actually can make it. 

After some nudging from my friends on fb I took a deep breath and texted them. They were super cool about it and everything worked out. 

I've found as an adult my anxiety about situations has become worse and worse. I've always had anxiety when it came to women and competitions. When I did martial arts comps I always was down on myself and hated what I did and how I looked even if I won I didnt think I should have inside.

Grappling comps I'd say I only lost 2% of the time because someone was actually better than me. I legit lived in my own head and thought I sucked and everyone was better and stronger and more skilled. And so I would just get freaked and go into comfort zone positions where I know I would more or less just be stuck there.  

Women.. Well I think every guy goes through the thoughts but mine are just turned up 1000%. This is why I hate the pandemic because I really didn't have to do an icebreaker to talk to women til now. I just danced and that got them into me and they would most of the time start the convo. Whether they liked my dancing or what I was wearing I really didn't say shit to them to start it off. 

Atm I've been in my own head about this woman who I'm semi friends with and have know for years. We hooked up/had sex once out my friends couch but I've always been into her since we met. But I never felt I was her type or someone she liked... But then I had a weird mental breakdown at some point around her years ago and was super upset to the point of either crying or almost crying. This was like 5 years ago? And in my head that ruined any chance I ever had with her... But my best friend who's her good friend has been pushing me to go after her again lately. And I've been stuck in my head about that situation 

12 hours ago, Faltimar the Dark said:

I remember in those cheap ass old cartoons how you could tell what shit in a scene was going to animate or be interacted with.  That shit stood out.  I noticed it and I hated it.

Younger me didn't care though.  I loved me some He-Man.  I'd be out in the front yard in a t-shirt and underwear, holdin' my plastic sword of grayskull up yelling, "I have the power!!!".  I was three.  Later I remember going to daycare and it sucked cause I wanted to watch He-Man but everyone else wanted Sesame Street.  Fuck that.  bullshit man

sesame street over He-Man?  Younger you should've been spaming those Tiger Uppercuts right under their noses.  The universe would've agreed with you.