Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

1 hour ago, Maxx said:

OH I hear you. I was ubering throughout the pandemic and lockdown... We didn't get any assistance. They kept talking about all this hazard/pandemic money coming to rideshare nope. Also when I tried to apply for unemployment it would never come out right so I couldn't sit at home like all the cool kids and collect. I ended up with covid and was afraid to try and get assistance from Uber. Because they said they shut the app off while they check my paperwork and it could be up to two weeks. 

So essentially had I did it while I was sick I'd have been OK. But I I tried to do it post covid so I potentially loss another two weeks of work to only get money from when I was sick. So it literally comes out even and just made no sense math wise to even try and get covid help money. 

We had to get our state representative in to get my unemployment situation sorted out. I'd tried for at least a month and after getting in touch with them, it got taken care of within a week. But the whole thing was a clusterfuck because they changed the rules the week after I applied to allow self employed people to get it too. 

4 hours ago, RSG3 said:

You know what would be fucking cool? IF THOSE OF US WHO I NEVER STOPPED WORKING EVEN ONCE DURING THE PANDEMOC GOD SPME GOD DAMN FUCKONG MONEY!!!

I'm all for helping the unemployed but it sure is a kick in the dick to be called essential and important while getting fucked in the ass the entire time while everyone else who went home for months and months gets all this bonus money for going back to work. They just offered a 2 grand bonus (as if that's adequate compensation for these trash jobs) I never stopped working and some extra money sure would be fucking helpful right about now. Fucking pisses me off those us who risked our lives continuing to work because it had to he done get fucking Jack fucking shit. 

2 hours ago, MillionX said:

UBI.

But pandemic reparations is basic too.

So of course it isn't happening.

Minimum Wage is expansionist slavery, after all.

You aren't treated like chattel, after all.

...they're not obliged to feed you get work out of you.

Anyone who thinks the 1% doesn't view the 99% rest of us as disposable laboring slave bodies is a goddamned fool.

Edited by JHDK
17 hours ago, MillionX said:

Legos... y'know, I miss the days when there was just "regular" Lego sets.  Probably since the 90s it's been about 99% licensed stuff...as a kid, I remember that the thing that interested me most was that it's a toy you can build stuff with...and those things could be whatever you want.....a simple, yet brilliant concept for a toy, imo.  My thing was robot characters; I built quite a few Lego "robots"....and the occasional vehicle or spaceship.  I had much more fun coming up with stuff from my imagination, instead of just building whatever is pictured on the box and instructions.  I've been tempted to buy new Legos sometimes, but it's always some licensed thing, and of course it's quite expensive for what you're getting, imo.... I understand why they stick to it though, I'm sure the popular IPs in Lego form are wayyyyyy more popular with kids than just "regular" sets.

Man, I still remember my Lego M-Force set. That was the coolest shit when I was a kid.

6989-1.jpg

^ohooooo if I saw that I would've begged the parents for it asap.  Looking back, a lot of my sets were "regular city" stuff, like I remember one was a box with a picture of a gas station on it, another one was a police department, I think... or motorcycle shop, etc.  I hate that I don't have most of those anymore... the little motorcycles were all one piece...a pre-made thing but they were cool.

That "women posting their Ls" instagram page is never-ending gold, folks:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CPGZSKZNfFO/

24 minutes ago, beesuit said:

Rumour has it some people are still jerking it to Hanson to this very day. 

To be fair to said people, everything they have ever posted amounts to little more than mastubatory practice. Lacking the ability to reflect, and a mirror in all probability being an insurmountable deterrent to any chance at achieving climax, it almost begins to make sense.

y'know, one of the reasons I'd want psychic power.....the acquisition of various "juicy" secrets.  I have a fascination with finding out info that is being kept hidden away for various reasons.... like imagine if you could read the mind of people that happen to work at Area 51....

sheeeittt, what if there's reasons for keeping that kind of stuff (any kind of alien tech that was confiscated and studied) secret that most haven't even thought of?  Like if they have a connection to just 1 specific race of human... or if they favor any region over the others, or if they created everything here, including the dinosaurs way back then, etc. etc. etc....all kinds of bizarre theoretical shit...imagine if you had 100% confirmation of that kind of thing.  I'd take great satisfaction just knowing for sure what the deal is with such things.  I think the later frustration of not being able to explain it to others (because no one would believe you) would be worth it.

Edited by MillionX
45 minutes ago, Chadouken said:

Man, modern Muppet Babies are on some bullshit. Ain't no Rowlf, no Scooter or Skeeter, no Bunson or Beaker. And they put a new random fucking penguin bitch in it for no reason. It's all stupid as fuck now 😡

My kids watch that a lot, all the characters you mention actually do show up.  Bunson and Beaker particularly often.

sheeeeitttt, Bunsen and Beaker were 2 of my favorites from the Muppet crew.  It wouldn't surprise me if those 2 were not quite as popular as some others though... I also liked Scooter, Fozzie and Gonzo.

*edit---whoahhh, the Domino's commercials brought back the "Noid" character!  haha hopefully he's back for good.  I remember making the "Noid" as one of my characters in Modnation Racers... I created a Domino's pizza van as his vehicle to race in.

Edited by MillionX
18 hours ago, MillionX said:

some random shit to make us feel that much older... I just realized when looking her up... Ashly Burch is 30.

Dakota Fanning is 27.

The first Playstation was out in 95 so it's 26 years old now.... Dreamcast will be 22 this September. (9.9.99!)  This November will be Skyrim's 10th year.

Yep we're old. It's getting to the point that even XB360 and PS3 are going to be considered "retro" consoles. Time moved on.

Sometimes I wonder how SRK would have been today. Would we have had a ton of content creators and social media personalities? lol. How many people would have tried FGs as a career, instead of as a hobby to move on from as time went on? It's crazy how many people today just rely on SF or streaming to make a living. I mean good for them that they can do it, but it looks so unreliable and unlikely to me.

oh yeah--- the xbox 360 is a 2005 system so that's 16 years ago... I bought mine in 2006 I remember, with Saint's Row, and Geometry Wars would be the first Live Arcade game I got (400 "points")

...Bioshock was 2007 so that game is 14 years old as of this August.

ha, so newer generations of gamers could say Xbox original and Xbox 360 are "retro" and "back in the day"....and they are correct.  So...stuff like the Atari 2600 is like super ancient-era stuff now.  I still have my original 2600 system, and an "Atari Flashback" system, which was modeled after the 7800 design....I recently dug that out of a box of old stuff, actually, AND I found the power cord for it!  I might try playing that tonight or this weekend.  I also still have my NES, SNES, Genesis, Dreamcast, and Gameboy Advance.  My original Xbox and Playstation systems died long ago so I threw them away.

The Matrix was also a 1999 baby like the Dreamcast, so it is also 22 years old now.

Edited by MillionX
1 hour ago, Deadly_Raver said:

from the replies:

GAWD DAYUM!!!  Did they have to hit him with the nuke like that? 

Was gonna say, Ted is one of most emasculated dudes I can think of. The fact that he has a beard and is from Texas doesn't even help him 😂

That said though, I don't understand why the military of all places is doing a campaign like this. I would think the armed forces is one of the last places you'd want to accentuate the differences between its members, unless most of that stuff goes out the window once people are there and they're just trying to recruit.

whoah, this episode of Gimme A Break got a bit dark for a minute... Samantha has an imaginary friend "Debbie Jo".  Chief (her Dad) confronted her about this, and eventually the scene leads to Chief actually beating up the imaginary friend, while Sam is hitting him trying to stop her imaginary friend from getting beat up... Chief even twists "Debbie Jo"'s head off and was going to break a chair on her....and Sam storms out of the room yelling "I hate you!" 🤣

this series was no stranger to "Very Special Episode" moments... one a few weeks ago had them all watching an old home movie of the girls' mother, who had passed away, and that was quite a moment there 😞 

hmm....yeah looking back, it seems odd that I liked Samantha so much...the middle sister was generally better looking as she got older; she had more of a nerdy look.

Edited by MillionX