Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

Masters of the Universe: Revelation First Look Images Reveal He-Man & Skeletor Redesign

The first images for Masters of the Universe: Revelation have been revealed, finally giving fans a look at He-Man, Skeletor, and the rest of the crew returning to action. Kevin Smith is leading the new animated series, which is targeted at older fans of the original cartoon and picks up the story directly after it ended. Revelation is one of two Masters of the Universe projects currently in development at Netflix, with a CGI revival series aimed at younger audiences also in the works.

Netflix has also announced that the first part of Masters of the Universe: Revelation will premiere in July. Part 1 will consist of 5 episodes, and a second part will be released later, at an undisclosed date, to complete the story. That means that fans of the franchise will get to check out the new series in just two months, with more coming soon.

Masters-of-the-Universe-Revelation-He-Ma

MastersoftheUniverse-Revelation-Part1-Ep

Masters-of-the-Universe-Revelation-2.jpg

Masters-of-the-Universe-Revelation-3.jpg

Masters-of-the-Universe-Revelation-7.jpg

Masters-of-the-Universe-Revelation-8.jpg

Masters-of-the-Universe-Revelation-9.jpg

1 hour ago, AriesWarlock said:

Masters of the Universe: Revelation First Look Images Reveal He-Man & Skeletor Redesign

The first images for Masters of the Universe: Revelation have been revealed, finally giving fans a look at He-Man, Skeletor, and the rest of the crew returning to action. Kevin Smith is leading the new animated series, which is targeted at older fans of the original cartoon and picks up the story directly after it ended. Revelation is one of two Masters of the Universe projects currently in development at Netflix, with a CGI revival series aimed at younger audiences also in the works.

Netflix has also announced that the first part of Masters of the Universe: Revelation will premiere in July. Part 1 will consist of 5 episodes, and a second part will be released later, at an undisclosed date, to complete the story. That means that fans of the franchise will get to check out the new series in just two months, with more coming soon.

Masters-of-the-Universe-Revelation-He-Ma

MastersoftheUniverse-Revelation-Part1-Ep

Masters-of-the-Universe-Revelation-2.jpg

Masters-of-the-Universe-Revelation-3.jpg

Masters-of-the-Universe-Revelation-7.jpg

Masters-of-the-Universe-Revelation-8.jpg

Masters-of-the-Universe-Revelation-9.jpg

They lost me at Teela's hair.

Her arms didn't even register until I started typing this, so bad is her hair.

It is so bad, I shall now apologize in advance for using the wrong pronoun.

32 minutes ago, JHDK said:

They lost me at Teela's hair.

Her arms didn't even register until I started typing this, so bad is her hair.

Isn't Teela in a more traditional look in one of the photos?

It interests me in how changes to a character's physical appearance to shake things up is either met with ire or love. It's rarely in the middle. 

Marvel seems to be the one franchise that seems to have got it right (for the most part) in striking a balance in not having fans wanting to march with pitchforks. 

57 minutes ago, HD-Man said:

Even tho I may not be a Biden fan, even after voting for him, it's weird how he gets blamed for shit he really has nothing to do with. Seems Dems also fall into that blame category too

Wtf is up with that 

Lmfaooo they legit got conspiracy theories going he caused the hack to bring foreign oil in. 

Tried to explain to a Trumper prices generally go up in the summer and they refuse to believe this. Like you can look this Stat up. That rising prices don't have to do with who's president....in general. Their are a few exceptions ie. War shenanigans

15 minutes ago, Maxx said:

Lmfaooo they legit got conspiracy theories going he caused the hack to bring foreign oil in. 

The whole thing about conspiracy theories is that when the actual legit item comes out, some people just don't want to listen. Hell, there is a legitimate scientific discussion about the lab-leak hypothesis with COVID and folks are still thinking Bill Gates is trying to conduct population control through the recently installed 5G towers that distribute THE CORONA!!!!!

ah, I have high hopes for this new He-Man... whatever happens, it automatically has a better shot now since this is Netflix and NOT dumbass Cartoon Network that ALWAYS tries to sabotage things with shows the suits over their "don't like" for whatever petty ass shit-bag reason.  If I was shopping an animated show/IP around, CN would be the absolute *last* option I'd want to go with...and maybe I still wouldn't go with them even as a last resort option.  Currently, all they really want to do is run Teen Titans Go marathons for the next 35 years apparently....even outside of that, this is a network that likes to play favorites for some reason, and they have a known history of fucking certain shows over as hard as possible.

hmm... since this is Netflix, that in itself is another potential "issue" though....but at the same time, Kevin Smith calls the shots here, right?  So maybe there's hope in spite of current trends and bandwagons (e.g.---typical Netflix fare would have Teela being the REAL hero here, having to save He-man repeatedly, to show that women are superior beings, of course.  That is what the folks at Neflix would *want* to do, most likely.)

Edited by MillionX
3 hours ago, MillionX said:

ah, I have high hopes for this new He-Man... whatever happens, it automatically has a better shot now since this is Netflix and NOT dumbass Cartoon Network that ALWAYS tries to sabotage things with shows the suits over their "don't like" for whatever petty ass shit-bag reason.  If I was shopping an animated show/IP around, CN would be the absolute *last* option I'd want to go with...and maybe I still wouldn't go with them even as a last resort option.  Currently, all they really want to do is run Teen Titans Go marathons for the next 35 years apparently....even outside of that, this is a network that likes to play favorites for some reason, and they have a known history of fucking certain shows over as hard as possible.

hmm... since this is Netflix, that in itself is another potential "issue" though....but at the same time, Kevin Smith calls the shots here, right?  So maybe there's hope in spite of current trends and bandwagons (e.g.---typical Netflix fare would have Teela being the REAL hero here, having to save He-man repeatedly, to show that women are superior beings, of course.  That is what the folks at Neflix would *want* to do, most likely.)

Toonami brought them back from the dead and what did they do?  They jumped RIGHT back in the grave as soon as they could.  Meh.  It was a good run while it lasted.

So Im at work, scrolling thru my Facebook friends' stories randomly, chick inboxes me saying I'm watching her. I pretty much told her she was trippin

Mind you, I don't know who this bitch is at all, and I'm literally double tapping my phone thru ppl's boring posts cuz my attention span only lasts so long on social medua. 

So she then blocks me, acting as if I was only looking at her FB story and nobody else's. Keep in mind ppl have their stories public and it auto scrolls, so I'm lost on wtf just happened.

Maybe she was trynna holla like my cousin said, but insinuating I was stalking was a BAD way to go about it. Mfers is weird, yo😂

7 hours ago, OPTIMUS124 said:

Isn't Teela in a more traditional look in one of the photos?

It interests me in how changes to a character's physical appearance to shake things up is either met with ire or love. It's rarely in the middle. 

Marvel seems to be the one franchise that seems to have got it right (for the most part) in striking a balance in not having fans wanting to march with pitchforks. 

Even in her O.G. traditional look, Teela had a pony-bun-whatever-the-heck-you-call-it indicating actual length.

Edited by JHDK
having a long, hyphenated term on two lines annoys me
7 hours ago, Maxx said:

Tried to explain to a Trumper prices generally go up in the summer and they refuse to believe this. Like you can look this Stat up. That rising prices don't have to do with who's president....in general. Their are a few exceptions ie. War shenanigans

Try convincing them that we could have had cars that don't run on fossil fuels,w ell over 50 years ago.

THAT is a fact that they go off like fireworks loaded for bear, over.

You know something?

On topic, I absolutely LOATHED pretty much everything about late author Terry Goodkind's political views.

But he got one thing 100% correct.

People are stupid.

People will believe what they want to believe, because they want to believe it.

The human race is a tautological treadmill.

EDIT:

Goddamn.

I REALLY like my phraseology, in that last bit.

Edited by JHDK
Error machine.
17 hours ago, HD-Man said:

Even tho I may not be a Biden fan, even after voting for him, it's weird how he gets blamed for shit he really has nothing to do with. Seems Dems also fall into that blame category too

Wtf is up with that 

Trump:  First time?

Edit:  I get the feeling that IcyBlackDeep doesn't like Trump.  It's just something that points to dislike of donald, but I can't quite put my finger on it..................Maybe it's my thumb.

Edited by Deadly_Raver

So here's a mega dumb question (and this prolly isn't the best place to ask anyway)

but do you guys ever get stuck in this apology loops when talking to girls?

Like for example I'm chatting online/talking to one in real life, everything's cool, just having fun. Then I say something which I felt was dumb shit, so I then apologize. The girl's now confused because what I said didn't come off as dumb shit to her, says everything is fine and to relax, so now I feel like an fucking idiot and I apologize again for saying sorry, making the conversation awkward (unless I or she changes the dicussion's direction into another topic)

am I the only one like that

1 minute ago, PVL_93_RU said:

So here's a mega dumb question (and this prolly isn't the best place to ask anyway)

Like for example I'm chatting online/talking to one in real life, everything's cool, just having fun. Then I say something which I felt was dumb shit, so I then apologize. The girl's now confused because what I said didn't come off as dumb shit to her, says everything is fine and to relax, so now I feel like an fucking idiot and I apologize again for saying sorry, making the conversation awkward (unless I or she changes the dicussion's direction into another topic)

No because I don't over think  apologies like that. I tend to be the one who apologizes in general for shit but I don't get into an infinite loop. Have more confidence and read the room.. If she's not responding or acting weird towards what you said then you have no reason to apologize. Just keep pushing forward. Progress don't stop because you think you need to. Stop if you feel she gives you an indication you said something off. 

22 minutes ago, Maxx said:

No because I don't over think  apologies like that. I tend to be the one who apologizes in general for shit but I don't get into an infinite loop. Have more confidence and read the room.. If she's not responding or acting weird towards what you said then you have no reason to apologize. Just keep pushing forward. Progress don't stop because you think you need to. Stop if you feel she gives you an indication you said something off. 

Reiterated apologies only work in longterm committed relationships wherein she KNOWS you don't mean it as anything other than another volley in a stupidly entrenched argument.

Basically stripping down assertive to its most barebones, whilst simultaneously actively avoiding engaging in the passive-aggressive bullshit, and stripping hers of its own passive shielding as her temper finally implodes upon itself, along with her whole foiled strategy.

Pretty much Sun Tzu meets fireball zoning.

Ap'loooogin! Ap'loooogin! Ap'loooogin!

Edited by JHDK
32 minutes ago, PVL_93_RU said:

If you felt it was dumb shit then why did you say it? Let HER make the choice as to whether it was dumb or not, don't make the choice for her. If anything, it's a good way of seeing where her limits are when it comes to stuff like that.  I'm always suspect of people who apologize too much tho because it makes them seem disingenuous. 

Edited by DoctaMario
14 minutes ago, DoctaMario said:

If you felt it was dumb shit then why did you say it?

a bad habit of mine

tend to say sorry a lo, only for the person I'm talking to to say "it's okay, chill out"

My stupid brain just automatically assumes something I said was dumb as af so I preemptively apologize 

6 hours ago, Deadly_Raver said:

Toonami brought them back from the dead and what did they do?  They jumped RIGHT back in the grave as soon as they could.  Meh.  It was a good run while it lasted.

Oh did something new happen?  I was indeed enjoying the recent Toonami era... things were good again but I gradually stopped watching once Dragonball Super was finished (such an epic finale there... I still watch that final battle and listen to the audio regularly) and My Hero went into repeats for a while.  I think the last thing I watched on there was Attack on Titan but I stopped when realizing I could also watch that latest season on Hulu (*and thus...on my bigger tv in a nicer picture...only my smaller tv is actually hooked up to a cable box)

Another thing was that the latest JoJo's series just wasn't as interesting anymore (the one where the main character is that blonde dude who is the son of Dio...the show was just kinda lame an uneventful at that point, imo)

random shit---I had to look it up again... this video was so damn cool to me back in the day...and it would go on to be some of my "gamer theme music" I listen to often... (*also some of my workout music)

Edited by MillionX
4 hours ago, PVL_93_RU said:

"An apology loop?  No doubt about it.  It was "that" jutsu."  -Anko after seeing PVL_93_RU's post.

Personally I wouldn't think too much about it.  Chances are she has forgotten about it already.  you should too.

Edited by Deadly_Raver

some bullshit... I found out today that the local Hardees doesn't serve the chicken biscuit anymore.  That's a damn shame, man... they had THE best chicken biscuit, imo.  

edit---almost forgot... this is "Carl's Jr." for other parts of the country.  I am not sure why it's named differently in other areas.

Edited by MillionX
2 hours ago, MillionX said:

Oh did something new happen?  I was indeed enjoying the recent Toonami era... things were good again but I gradually stopped watching once Dragonball Super was finished (such an epic finale there... I still watch that final battle and listen to the audio regularly) and My Hero went into repeats for a while.  I think the last thing I watched on there was Attack on Titan but I stopped when realizing I could also watch that latest season on Hulu (*and thus...on my bigger tv in a nicer picture...only my smaller tv is actually hooked up to a cable box)

Another thing was that the latest JoJo's series just wasn't as interesting anymore (the one where the main character is that blonde dude who is the son of Dio...the show was just kinda lame an uneventful at that point, imo)

nah. I'm talking about when Toonami relaunched about seven years ago.  Most of CN was already stale and circling the drain when they pulled the Toonami April fools night on us.  It received so much love that Toonami officially returned.  Of course, they can't have anything that the fans like hogging up the screen, so they started putting all kinds of other junk on.  Thundercats Bore, I'm looking DIRECTLY at you when I say that.  While I'm not a fan of TT:GO, it could've been okay if they didn't spam the fuck out of it.  It's like they WANTED us to hate it and did whatever it took to make sure we did.  Well, good job.  It's on my toilet paper list now.

2 minutes ago, MillionX said:

some bullshit... I found out today that the local Hardees doesn't serve the chicken biscuit anymore.  That's a damn shame, man... they had THE best chicken biscuit, imo.  

That blows.  I was always torn between the chicken and steak biscuits from there.   Ironically, I had tried the McDonald's Steak biscuits too.

..............Word of Warning:  Unless you wish to suffer the hellish torments of the Gastrointestinal apocalypse, do NOT eat 3 or more McDonald's steak biscuits.  And yes, I mean the biscuits and not the bagel.  I don't know what those bagels are made from and I'm sure it shouldn't be approved for human consumption.  I only ever ate one and I had to leave work for that.  Never again.