Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

On 5/17/2021 at 9:36 PM, scorp said:

Well it's not murder, then it's manslaughter.

It is a rather slippery slope.

If it is the result of an involuntary act of passion, then it is manslaughter.

If he could have chosen not to hit the other guy, then it is murder.

So are we saying that he had no control because of the word?

Should someone be allowed to run loose in public if they lack said control?

Should someone be allowed to run loose in public if they lack the control not to spit vitriolic hatred?

What if he had Tourettes?

I lean towards agreeing with@MillionX

But the other dude ought not have been allowed to say that in public, and preferably neither anywhere else, either.

Instead we as free and good human beings within the same society ought to shun him.

There is a lot to be said for the corrective powers of collective shunning.

Not so, homicide.

Edited by JHDK

sheeeitttt, sometimes I'm jealous of other people's nightmares... those are some of the more interesting dreams, even though they have a person waking up terrified.  My mom once told me about one she had where numerous screaming faces kept appearing/morhing out of the walls in the house....heh, I couldn't help but think man...sounds pretty awesome, actually...

The lucid dreams are still the best though.

Anyway...latest episode of Bewitched on Antenna---once again proving she has the power to do pretty much anything----this time, Samantha was able to control the dreams of their neighbors Gladys and Abner. (they had a fight so Abner was temporarily staying with Darrin & Sam...so she made them dream of the time they met and he proposed....for an extra cinematic touch, she cast a "slow-motion effect" on them as they ran to each other's arms at the end of this episode.....ha, and she also was able to teleport to each of them when doing the spell to change dreams.  Yeahhhhh, Sam = OP as hell, man...and I love it 😆

22 hours ago, Reticently said:

Yeah I deleted my old links so, without knowing the path, all I had was the front page. 

I typically avoided the fron page as it sometimes gave me issues. Plus there like only 2 contributors that ever worth a shit, everyone else wrote nothing but trash. 

Edited by DarkSakul

ah, I found another VtM streamed game/series to check out

https://youtu.be/9a_0CH2EI8E

(*featuring the lovely Ashley Burch, btw!)

I realize there's certain "no-go" scenarios and topics when you're streaming a game, of course... but it's still a bit odd and amusing to me that some people who may need "trigger warnings" are still inclined to play a horror-themed game....where the whole point is that your characters are people that have become monsters.  It's also strange to try and make a "light-hearted comedy" tone with this material, imo.

anyway, on one hand, I love finding more of these to check out...but it's quite a time-sink since the typical game-session/episode is anywhere from 2 to 3 hours on most of them, from what I see.  😆

Edited by MillionX
1 hour ago, Reticently said:

Hell yeah I'll take that... a parasite that boosts my lifespan 3 or 4 times over +preserved youthfulness?  It's not full immortality but it's a step in the right direction.  If it also added some supernatural powers to the mix then *boom* there's real-life vampirism right there, folks.... a dream come true for me.  Scientists need to stay on this shit and make this magic happen for us asap

Jack Nicholson Reaction GIF

*edit---also reminds me of how things are in The Strain... things are kicked off by an infection involving parasitic worms that make significant changes to human physiology...

Edited by MillionX
3 hours ago, MillionX said:

Hell yeah I'll take that... a parasite that boosts my lifespan 3 or 4 times over +preserved youthfulness?  It's not full immortality but it's a step in the right direction.  If it also added some supernatural powers to the mix then *boom* there's real-life vampirism right there, folks.... a dream come true for me.  Scientists need to stay on this shit and make this magic happen for us asap

Jack Nicholson Reaction GIF

*edit---also reminds me of how things are in The Strain... things are kicked off by an infection involving parasitic worms that make significant changes to human physiology...

Did you hear about that startup Peter Thiel was funding that was experimenting with transfusing blood from younger people into older people? Apparently they had some success in delaying a lot of signs of aging using this method. Bloodletting is supposedly good for the body and because women lose blood during their periods every month, they get the benefits of "new" blood more often than men do. Interesting (and weird) stuff.

18 hours ago, HD-Man said:

What is it with these substitute drivers on our boat taking a shit a not washing their hands after? Mfer just came straight out and walked right past the sink and hand sanitizer 🤦🏾‍♂️

As a former sailor I would've had to call them out.  pinkeye was one of the WORST things to let spread on a ship.  Ie's easy to start up, easy to spread, and fairly easy to control by just washing your damn hands.  If you ever get it, you'll see why you don't want it, pun kinda intended.

we on that 2 in 1 today, so on with the sequel............

17 hours ago, HD-Man said:

Trynna figure out how this fat ass 300+ pound, 6 foot tall dude from my city escaped jail. The nigga can't even hide behind shit or run, like how? Must've been the same guards that watched over Epstein 🤔 

At that weight He didn't escape from nothing.  They had to let him out and give him a getaway scooter with a full charge.  They had to tell everybody to turn their backs and give him a five minute head start.  The cops are like, "Yeah, go ahead and run.  When the local Mcdonald's gets an order for 20 big macs, we'll come pick ya up."

Legos... y'know, I miss the days when there was just "regular" Lego sets.  Probably since the 90s it's been about 99% licensed stuff...as a kid, I remember that the thing that interested me most was that it's a toy you can build stuff with...and those things could be whatever you want.....a simple, yet brilliant concept for a toy, imo.  My thing was robot characters; I built quite a few Lego "robots"....and the occasional vehicle or spaceship.  I had much more fun coming up with stuff from my imagination, instead of just building whatever is pictured on the box and instructions.  I've been tempted to buy new Legos sometimes, but it's always some licensed thing, and of course it's quite expensive for what you're getting, imo.... I understand why they stick to it though, I'm sure the popular IPs in Lego form are wayyyyyy more popular with kids than just "regular" sets.

1 hour ago, MillionX said:

Legos... y'know, I miss the days when there was just "regular" Lego sets.  Probably since the 90s it's been about 99% licensed stuff...as a kid, I remember that the thing that interested me most was that it's a toy you can build stuff with...and those things could be whatever you want.....a simple, yet brilliant concept for a toy, imo.  My thing was robot characters; I built quite a few Lego "robots"....and the occasional vehicle or spaceship.  I had much more fun coming up with stuff from my imagination, instead of just building whatever is pictured on the box and instructions.  I've been tempted to buy new Legos sometimes, but it's always some licensed thing, and of course it's quite expensive for what you're getting, imo.... I understand why they stick to it though, I'm sure the popular IPs in Lego form are wayyyyyy more popular with kids than just "regular" sets.

Back in our day it was city, castle, space and maybe a pirate set. The four main Lego themes. 

3 hours ago, RSG3 said:

CAN'T STOP WON'T STOP!!!

You know, the fact that I play video games and am somewhat cognizant of what's going on in in some circles has helped me relate to kids more. I definitely feel Ike I'm getting older, but bejng able to remember what it's like to be that age and relate to them on at least that level is important. Too many adults talk down to kids but kids have incredible bullshit detectors. 

currently on Decades network---Cheers.  sheeeitttt, this might qualify for the terrible/unpopular opinions thread but at least for a time.... I preferred Shelley Long to Kirstie Alley.  Shell definitely had her beat in the face department without a doubt, imo, and she has a sexy voice........but her body was lacking though... I was still a fan despite that.  She had a great panty scene in a very old movie called "Night Shift" (1982) with Michael Keaton and Henry Winkler.... imdb -- https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0084412/

it's also a bit fresh on my mind since it has been on hbomax recently.

coming up next--- Taxi... the show that presented the first smokin hot redhead that mesmerized me----Marilu Henner...so apparently I have her and that show to thank for my "thing" with redheads...

Edited by MillionX
25 minutes ago, Maxx said:

I just found out like 10 min ago. Seems like they just let the news out now

I'm guessing the guy had to have been sick or something for some time because of his sporadic releases?  I still can't see what he died from yet.

Edit:

Someone put up the google translate: Dr. Kentaro Miura, the author of "Berserk", passed away on May 6, 2021 due to acute aortic dissection. We would like to express our utmost respect and gratitude to Dr. Miura's painting work and pray for his soul. May 20, 2021 Hakusensha Co., Ltd. Young Animal Editorial Department

Edited by Sonichuman
3 hours ago, HD-Man said:

Is it weird to be 34 and not too much care about a serious relationship? It's like, sure I'll settle down at some point if things go that way organically but it's like NEVER one of my priorities. 

Most guys my age are married or whatever, so maybe something is wrong wit me. Idk

🤷🏾‍♂️

you just might not want a wife or S.O.  I'm not trying to get wifed up and I'm............significantly older than 34, but I've never tried to get anyone to join one side or the other.  I just say weigh all the good, all the bad, and talk to as many people as you can about it.  after that, make your own choice.  After all, you'll be the one living with it.  Yeah a few people ask and I tell them that in my case I'm just better off alone.  again, this is not for everyone.  It's just what I do.  Hope that helps.

Edited by Deadly_Raver
5 hours ago, HD-Man said:

Most guys my age are married or whatever, so maybe something is wrong wit me. Idk

It's not a race. Half those people are probably in an imbalanced relationship anyway. 

Since Bill Gates and Bezos relationships recently got the ax, it shows that money isn't the catalyst for a long relationship. It's all about talking to one another. Find someone that doesn't subscribe to the "happy wife happy life" mantra. There should not be an expectation for my sanity to suffer for you to achieve happiness. Being married for almost 4 years (and being together almost a decade) has really been an exercise in how to communicate and collaboration.  Both people need to be happy for things to get deeper. 

3 hours ago, Deadly_Raver said:

you just might not want a wife or S.O.  I'm not trying to get wifed up and I'm............significantly older than 34, but I've never tried to get anyone to join one side or the other.  I just say weight all the good, all the bad, and talk to as many people as you can about it.  after that, make your own choice.  After all, you'll be the one living with it.  Yeah a few people ask and I tell them that in my case I'm just better off alone.  again, this is not for everyone.  It's just what I do.  Hope that helps.

Relationships are akin to working out. It's knowing how to build each other up through constant repetition. Each day is a workout. There is no instant gratification after each session and takes time to see any meaningful results. The one caveat here is that you have to pick a workout that works for you AND gives you the results you want.  That's the ticket to making GAINZ!  

Entertainment has warped what a relationship is supposed to be. It's shown as as if you should be in this ever passionate bond with you being in love at level 9001 at all times. Sure, it may be like that at the start, but that is unsustainable. I can't think of a single thing that runs at full throttle 100% of the time with any sort of longevity. 

Edited by OPTIMUS124
9 hours ago, Maxx said:

I'm curious how much the state will be forced to pay out by the end of this and if it's still less than what unemployment would have paid. 

spacer.png

You know what would be fucking cool? IF THOSE OF US WHO I NEVER STOPPED WORKING EVEN ONCE DURING THE PANDEMOC GOD SPME GOD DAMN FUCKONG MONEY!!!

I'm all for helping the unemployed but it sure is a kick in the dick to be called essential and important while getting fucked in the ass the entire time while everyone else who went home for months and months gets all this bonus money for going back to work. They just offered a 2 grand bonus (as if that's adequate compensation for these trash jobs) I never stopped working and some extra money sure would be fucking helpful right about now. Fucking pisses me off those us who risked our lives continuing to work because it had to he done get fucking Jack fucking shit. 

y'know, the whole "work from home" thing that kicked off in a big way due to the pandemic... it's still a mixed bag for me.  There's actually a few reasons I'd prefer to work at the building like the good ol' days....certain things in my job would be easier.  (tech/system-related issues, meetings, keeping track of various things, etc.)   I also miss that situation of "dressing up" for work... showing up looking like I make wayyyy more money than I actually do.  Some people (*like a certain friend that comes to mind) see that as a negative for some reason (e.g.--"you probably *have* to dress up for work, eh?"), and it's odd to me... I enjoy walking around with that powerful "Lex Luthor" look, or like the wealthy patriarch character on a soap opera.... that "boss" style, y'know?

On the other hand, it is nice that I don't have to spend any gas/money at all to "go to work"....resulting in a drastic decrease in the amount I spend on gas per month. (*actually, it might be once a month I have to gas up...since the only place I typically have been going to is the grocery store!)  

...well, speaking of appearance and "presentation"... I saw another sad visual just the other day at a Walgreens.... 2 women with that bag on their head, looking like the "Jiffy Pop popcorn" bag....and house-shoes.  What the fuck happened, man?  There was a time, not that long ago, where most women would've been embarrassed to be seen in public like that....even for just a few minutes at a little neighborhood store like Walgreens.  

Edited by MillionX
2 hours ago, RSG3 said:

You know what would be fucking cool? IF THOSE OF US WHO I NEVER STOPPED WORKING EVEN ONCE DURING THE PANDEMOC GOD SPME GOD DAMN FUCKONG MONEY!!!

I'm all for helping the unemployed but it sure is a kick in the dick to be called essential and important while getting fucked in the ass the entire time while everyone else who went home for months and months gets all this bonus money for going back to work. They just offered a 2 grand bonus (as if that's adequate compensation for these trash jobs) I never stopped working and some extra money sure would be fucking helpful right about now. Fucking pisses me off those us who risked our lives continuing to work because it had to he done get fucking Jack fucking shit. 

OH I hear you. I was ubering throughout the pandemic and lockdown... We didn't get any assistance. They kept talking about all this hazard/pandemic money coming to rideshare nope. Also when I tried to apply for unemployment it would never come out right so I couldn't sit at home like all the cool kids and collect. I ended up with covid and was afraid to try and get assistance from Uber. Because they said they shut the app off while they check my paperwork and it could be up to two weeks. 

So essentially had I did it while I was sick I'd have been OK. But I I tried to do it post covid so I potentially loss another two weeks of work to only get money from when I was sick. So it literally comes out even and just made no sense math wise to even try and get covid help money.