Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread: Now Featuring Animated Avatars

1 hour ago, Angel said:

Truly the worst writing I have seen in a game.   All to force some goofy shit with some rando mary sue character.   It's all like bad fan fiction and all the returning characters and the new vault hunters suffer because of it.    Playing through it the first time was painful but doing it after that is down right criminal

Speaking of criminal, capcom's relationship with Paul W S Anderson has always been the low point of their existence. 

Speaking of her, i dont think i saw anyone liking the character

She is universally hated 🤣

Quite an achievement, since the last mary sues that have plagued the media space still manage to gather some white knights.

8 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

Speaking of her, i dont think i saw anyone liking the character

She is universally hated 🤣

Quite an achievement, since the last mary sues that have plagued the media space still manage to gather some white knights.

I was playing this Cyberpunk and was reminded of her ever so slightly due to the writing for these scenarios regarding a specific character that just seems to get everyone around her killed or almost killed while never solving anything and always wanting to be right lol.   Funny part is this character basically runs away like a whole ass loser after fucking up and I helped them because it's how the story wants you to progress things in order to continue the story branches.

This man Sakurai....This man right here.  This man did SO MUCH for this fucking character.  This dude is not getting paid enough.  He managed to wrangle 9 more songs going through whatever god knows process to get them and somehow got 4 FUCKING NEW ARRANGEMENTS in the process.  He did an exclusive limited boss mode for the character giving you a chance to play him before his official release and that fucking victory screen.  God damn man.

Edit:  AAAND he also put forth the time and effort to give an exclusive animation for a Final Smash JUST FOR AN ALT of a character.

Edited by Sonichuman
4 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

This man Sakurai....This man right here.  This man did SO MUCH for this fucking character.  This dude is not getting paid enough.  He managed to wrangle 9 more songs going through whatever god knows process to get them and somehow got 4 FUCKING NEW ARRANGEMENTS in the process.  He did an exclusive limited boss mode for the character giving you a chance to play him before his official release and that fucking victory screen.  God damn man.

Edit:  AAAND he also put forth the time and effort to give an exclusive animation for a Final Smash JUST FOR AN ALT of a character.

Yeah but were there any amiibo announcements?

So how are those smashers feeling now? did they shut up now that they got another DLC character that had a lot of care put into it? Again I don't care much for the new guy but I appreciate that there was effort put in. A LOT. 

also going live in Twitch again today at 4pm PST come in chat with me about whatever or watch me play jank MTG!

https://www.twitch.tv/theinfernomanlive

26 minutes ago, RegH81 said:

Soooo any of yas gonna try dat Sepiroth challenge? That is an insanely cool feature.

I hadn't even bought the 2nd fighters pass yet to be honest cause I didn't feel motivated yet to do so.  I'm definitely motivated now.   Plus you get a chance to play him early...It's pretty much a 'why not?' situation if you already have the fighters pass.

4 minutes ago, M A R T I A N said:

Me, playing the game on PC and watching all the issues Cyberpunk has on last Gen consoles

kPqvjqP.jpg.6acc79074dd9517b496c023d27481865.jpg

Bruh, even though I have to scale the settings back from my desktop, Cyberpunk runs fine on laptop which has a 7700K and GTX 1080.

Edit: Which is great because I'll be spending most of the next week in VA with my laptop. That said, my laptop sounds like a jet engine the entire time. 🤣 Honestly, if I were competent enough, I'd take the thing apart and apply new thermal paste.

Edited by Darc_Requiem
Just now, Darc_Requiem said:

Bruh, even though I have to scale the settings back from my desktop, Cyberpunk runs fine on laptop which has a 7700K and GTX 1080.

Yeah, mine runs similar to how the game runs on PS5 right now, which is good enough for me. Not being able to enable Raytracing sucks but it's still a damn pretty game and the glitches have either been inconsequential or just funny. 

Sucks to see the state it's in on console. It really is a phenomenal game that lots of people will write off now. 

7 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

It amazes me how some on PC are treating Cyberpunk as the new Crisis. Is the ray tracing on the game that good?

You should watch some side by sides in HD. It's pretty incredible seeing the difference in some spots of the city. Lighting is always super important in games and the RTX in this game is pretty insane. It's probably the most ambitious implementation of it and it lends itself insanely well to this game with all the dark city streets contrasting those neon lights. 

Photorealistic lighting goes a long way in setting up your aesthetic and atmosphere. 

20201211_232412.thumb.jpg.3717c74cde214b6c938c7322109e3a6e.jpg

20201211_232413.thumb.jpg.b8ee01bd577f15e0efec873d23191880.jpg

15 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Cyberpunk doesn't look as bad as the top image on my laptop. What are those settings?

I don't have the sauce for the two pics unfortunately so I'm not sure. Someone else posted the comparison. 

That's about what my game looked like when I tested it on mostly low settings though. 

Edited by M A R T I A N

I used Sepiroth for a little while. In groups Sephy can be turned into combo food. But man, this character is stoopid fun. Glad I could get him early.

And DANG, those glitches in Cyberpunk 2077! That is some Big Riggs crap right there! In one fell swoop, CDPR has threw all that good will out the door. Those few days of sales could not have been worth it.