Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread: Now Featuring Animated Avatars

Gal Gun Returns for Xbox One cancelled

Inti Creates "unable to ensure consistency" on Xbox.

Cancellation of the Xbox One release of Gal Gun Returns

Today we would like to announce that we will no longer be releasing Gal Gun Returns on the Xbox family of consoles.

As a remaster of the original Gal Gun, we wanted to strive to ensure that we stayed true to the spirit of the first entry in the Gal Gun series, and while development of the Xbox version was complete and the master ROM under review, it became apparent, after productive discussion with Microsoft, that we would be unable to ensure consistency of experience across all platforms.

As a result we have decided to re-focus attention to Nintendo Switch and PC for the upcoming release of Gal Gun Returns.

We understand the disappointment from everyone who was looking forward to playing the game on Xbox One, and would like to thank everyone for their ongoing support.

Please accept our sincerest apologies for this change in the planned release. We hope you enjoy the Gal*Gun experience on other platforms.

We look forward to continuing working with Microsoft on other PQube releases going forward.

5 hours ago, AriesWarlock said:

Gal Gun Returns for Xbox One cancelled

Inti Creates "unable to ensure consistency" on Xbox.

Cancellation of the Xbox One release of Gal Gun Returns

Today we would like to announce that we will no longer be releasing Gal Gun Returns on the Xbox family of consoles.

As a remaster of the original Gal Gun, we wanted to strive to ensure that we stayed true to the spirit of the first entry in the Gal Gun series, and while development of the Xbox version was complete and the master ROM under review, it became apparent, after productive discussion with Microsoft, that we would be unable to ensure consistency of experience across all platforms.

As a result we have decided to re-focus attention to Nintendo Switch and PC for the upcoming release of Gal Gun Returns.

We understand the disappointment from everyone who was looking forward to playing the game on Xbox One, and would like to thank everyone for their ongoing support.

Please accept our sincerest apologies for this change in the planned release. We hope you enjoy the Gal*Gun experience on other platforms.

We look forward to continuing working with Microsoft on other PQube releases going forward.

so what this means game was already completed but Microsoft upon looking at it in the review decides to censor it.

Inti Creates refuses because it will create an inconsistency making the Xbox version of the game to be censored unlike the others.

this is another level of retardation from part of M$ it tells me they didn't know shit what Gal Gun was to begin with.

such a waste of time and money.

Edited by rukawa_kaede

I would be down for a new Battle Arena Toshinden for sure.. it was one of my first playstation games...and later I had part 2 as well.  While I'm in wishful thinking mode here--- Bloody Roar needs to be resurrected too.  

Age of Calamity--I got Daruk now; I've never been a fan of that character's design...he just looks a bit too goofy/silly to me...his attacks don't seem all that interesting either.

7 minutes ago, MillionX said:

Age of Calamity--I got Daruk now; I've never been a fan of that character's design...he just looks a bit too goofy/silly to me...his attacks don't seem all that interesting either.

He’s another character that becomes a lot better with the post game ability boost. Until then you basically just roll around using maxed power protect 

I played some more Demon's Souls last night and something clicked on why I like that game so much. It's just like an old-school Nintendo game! It strips away the easy boss check points that turned gamers into pussies. The way the arch stones are set up, you have to make it through an entire "level" again if you fuck up. But that gives you the opportunity to memorize where fuckers are and how to beat them until you git gud enough to make it through to the boss without dying. But then you die to the boss and have to start the level over. It forces you to actually learn the game and get better. And that's fucking awesome

Edited by Chadouken
I'm stupid
1 hour ago, Chadouken said:

I played some more Demon's Souls last night and something clicked on why I like that game so much. It's just like an old It's just like an old-school Nintendo game! It strips away the easy boss check points that turned gamers into pussyfgts. The way the arch stones are set up, you have to make it through an entire "level" again if you fuck up. But that gives you the opportunity to memorize where fuckers are and how to beat them until you git gud enough to make it through to the boss without dying. But then you die to the boss and have to start the level over. It forces you to actually learn the game and get better. And that's fucking awesome

This is exactly what I thought when I played BB. It felt like a modernized NES game to me where you barely have any dialogue and you experience the story through the game, no map ever so you need to memorize the stages. The crushing difficulty, you get to a boss with what you have collected or saved and you have to use all your arsenal or aids "in game" there isn't the option to say "oh let me pause the game to take a bloodvile" nah fuck you! if you need it you gotta to use it while fighting. I have to say I pulled my hairs more than once but having this level of frustration and enjoyment in a game brought me some nostalgic memories. 

Yeah. Games like OG Ninja Gaiden, Castlevania and sometimes mega man would always show you a path you’re supposed to take but that doesn’t mean it’s the correct path.  It was deliberate. 

it’s why their level designs are still relevant and taken from to this day. I mean ffs just look at Cuphead

Edited by iStu X
23 hours ago, Sonichuman said:

Extra

Videogamedunkey - kfc console

ha, this reminded me....oh yes, I actually have some of those glorious Burger King games.  I tried playing one on XB1 some months ago, actually....of course it's not backwards compatible so it didn't work....it shouldn't have been a surprise that it didn't make it onto the "bc" list.  I had Sneak King and Pocketbike Racer.  Brooke Burke had a starring role in Pocketbike Racer, actually... sometimes I still wonder how much she got paid for that.  These games were hilarious for soooo many reasons.  I remember that if you didn't get to people fast enough in Sneak King, they would actually pass out from hunger pains (it would also show a cartoon thought bubble above their head with a whopper, to clearly visualize that this person has cravings that are only satisfied by a BK meal), and it cracked me the hell up every time.  It would be great if they re-released these games for the modern systems.

...and yep I fully intend to buy that KF Console if I can find it.