Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread: Now Featuring Animated Avatars

3 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

Another point in the corner of physical media

https://www.ign.com/articles/cyberpunk-2077-refunds-ps4-cd-projekt-red

Not really -- it's just another point for Steam, which is a digital marketplace that makes it so easy to refund things it's ridiculous.

Playstation and Xbox having a lousy refund policy for digital products isn't a mark against digital, it's a mark against Sony and Microsoft.

1 minute ago, misterBee said:

Not really -- it's just another point for Steam, which is a digital marketplace that makes it so easy to refund things it's ridiculous.

Playstation and Xbox having a lousy refund policy for digital products isn't a mark against digital, it's a mark against Sony and Microsoft.

Steam's refund policy is not that bad but I still would rather have the option of my products having some sort of monetary value regardless rather than nothing.  14 days to refund if the product is garbage is great.  2 hours though is a ymmv depending on the game though.

1 hour ago, Hawkingbird said:

So kid spend $16K on his mom credit card playing Sonic Forces

https://nypost.com/2020/12/12/this-6-year-old-racked-up-over-16k-on-his-moms-credit-card/

Wait, how the fuck do you spend so much on Sonic Forces?

I didnt even know that it had mtx.

What the fuck do they sell?

Edit

Oh, is a mobile game, i thought they were talking about the console games.

Now that makes sense.

Edited by Hecatom
1 hour ago, Hawkingbird said:

So kid spend $16K on his mom credit card playing Sonic Forces

https://nypost.com/2020/12/12/this-6-year-old-racked-up-over-16k-on-his-moms-credit-card/

That's what u get when u give kids smartphones and tablets at early age. Most games for these things are designed to be like gambling,kids get addicted. Even dumber she let her personal info from credit card attached to said game.

Just buy him a toy car and ball.Those are toys.

Edited by Skort
2 hours ago, Skort said:

That's what u get when u give kids smartphones and tablets at early age. Most games for these things are designed to be like gambling,kids get addicted. Even dumber she let her personal info from credit card attached to said game.

Just buy him a toy car and ball.Those are toys.

I have nephews and I don't have any cards saved on my mobile devices. That's the dumbest shit to do with devices that children use. That's asking for bankruptcy. 

5 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

I have nephews and I don't have any cards saved on my mobile devices

Same here, but I have cards saved. I just make sure that I never, EVER, put in my password with them in the room. They've tried to buy games on my phone before. That kid doesn't realize how lucky he is that we aren't blood. If that wasn't my sister-in-laws kid I would slapped the shit out of him. 

Edited by KingTubb
9 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

I have nephews and I don't have any cards saved on my mobile devices. That's the dumbest shit to do with devices that children use. That's asking for bankruptcy. 

Good 😉 

PS : unsure if you miss understood me or not but i was not talking about you, just the article you linked !

17 minutes ago, Wellman said:

I feel almost bad they are taking a half hour of this man's time for every DLC just to explain the mechanics. Yet he might enjoy it as it seems he low key flexes and take shots with theses.

I imagine he enjoys talking about it. Its something he made so he is already invested and interested, and from the few I have watched he seems to enjoy mechanics so I bet he has fun talking bout them. 

Though I haven't played my PS4 in a while, an update from a while back did something really weird to my Dual Shock 4. Only down on my D-pad works. Everything else gives me nada. I did some looking and found that there have been cases where system updates can cause problems but for select users, but nothing like this. Ain't no way I'm playing Mega Man on an analog stick.

Nioh 2 DLC ‘The First Samurai’ launch trailer

The third and final major add-on.

Steel yourself for the ultimate challenge in the climactic final chapter of the Nioh 2 story.

Take up arms and travel through time to the land of the fabled youth who defeated an oni. Here, Otakemaru’s past, the secret of Sohayamaru and the truth behind the first samurai will all be revealed. The end of your hard-fought journey draws nigh.

Additional content includes:

New The First Samurai storyline

A new higher difficulty level

New Guardian Spirits

New yokai, Soul Cores and Yokai Abilities

New weapons, armor and accessories

New Secret Arts Text skills

New end content: The Underworld

(It is necessary to clear the main quest before playing this content.)

(This content is included as part of the Season Pass. The “Nioh 2 Season Pass” which contains DLC 1 “The Tengu’s Disciple”, DLC 2 “Darkness in the Capital”, and DLC 3 “The First Samurai” as a set is also now available, so take care to avoid repeated purchases.)

Nioh-2-DLC_12-16-20.jpg

I didn't know Nyotengu was in Nioh.

Edited by AriesWarlock

sheeeittt, I dipped back into Diablo 3 again early this morning... my necromancer is completely absurd at this point with the damage... I'm hitting monsters for 500+ billion at this point....also pretty sure I saw a "906 B" in there somewhere amidst the chaos, but I'm not sure if that was me or the shadow clone that was out at the time... the clones this season are hilariously overpowered, and can carry you through situations where you should've died.  I'm actually further into season journey than I've ever been.. completing the "champion" set of challenges just a little while ago, and now 2 away from finishing up the "Destroyer" set of challenges....and halfway thru Conqueror as well.  Yeah, it's safe to say that at least for me, this is the most addictive game I've ever played....surpassing even the great Phantasy Star Online series.

I'll be back into the world of Cyberpunk later today or this weekend though... there's plenty more adventures to be had in that game.

2 hours ago, KingTubb said:

I sorta understand simp and incel (not really) but virgin?

Simp and incels are insults through and through, but there's billions of virgins all over the world, and I ain't throwing shade

In some way i think is good that there is finally some sort of aknowledgement that there is a lot of ways that men are minimized and people dont care about it.

But the way that this seems to be handled seems idiotic.

There is context that needs to be taken in consideration.

One thing is to update harrasment policies and be consisten ith them.

Another is banning words, like if that would stop people from circumvent them with other terminology.

Imagine getting banned because you are using simp in a casual conversation with your friend via chat because everyone is trash talking and saying it in a yest.

Me and my friends for example, love to throw hate and shade to each other, using even simp in out of context insults while playing each other.

Now if we were streaming, we could be bnned just because without considering the context.

18 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

Double post.

UK Parliament are proposing legislation to make bots purchasing and reselling goods illegal. 

https://www.videogameschronicle.com/news/uk-politicians-call-for-action-against-ps5-and-xbox-series-scalpers/

Hope at the end of tunnel. 

Want to bet that at least one parliament member wasnt able to get a ps5 because scalpers? 🤣

24 minutes ago, iStu X said:

Super Baby 2 is the next dlc character for DBFZ according to the newest Weekly Jump printed in Japan 

Yeah, i saw it.

I wasnt really expecting it, since i assumed the next 2 chars would be Toppo and Yaoi eyes Vegeta, since they are the 2 other major players on the tournament of power.

Plus, with Gt Goku not really being a true representative of GT, since he is an amalgamation of some aspects of GT Goku (his supers and transformations) but is mostly a OG DB Goku moveset wise, and usually when they add a villain is 1 star Shenlong.

Now this reveal throws a wench to that idea, so is more likely now that the next char will be a movie char, like Tapion for example, since we dont have a Hildegan movie char.

Edit

One interesting mechanic that he seems to have is that he can summon assists even if they are death.

Edited by Hecatom
5 hours ago, Jurassic said:

I was thinking about getting Borderlands 3 since it is on a Steam sale. I heard good things but I was wondering how others thought about the game.

Truly the worst writing I have seen in a game.   All to force some goofy shit with some rando mary sue character.   It's all like bad fan fiction and all the returning characters and the new vault hunters suffer because of it.    Playing through it the first time was painful but doing it after that is down right criminal

Speaking of criminal, capcom's relationship with Paul W S Anderson has always been the low point of their existence.