Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread: Now Featuring Animated Avatars

41 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

New Smash character will be at VGA

Might be good that there won't be a live crowd this year cause I can see the entitled assholes booing or something whenever a Ninty rep shows up.  Only thing they can so is type angrily.

Smash fighters reveals are the most perplexing thing in video games to me. 

I'm not going to buy it, it's not going to make me want to boot up smash and play, but I really want to know who it's going to be. It's almost like a Hall of Fame distinction at this point. 

Also the inevitable "hoes mad" is always fun 

50 minutes ago, KingTubb said:

I really hope they come out of left field, like tetris block

But I have a feeling it'll be a AoC or BoTW character. That's the SKU that nintendo is pushing this Holiday season, would be the right business choice 

*Crosses fingers for Urbose just cuz*

2 minutes ago, M A R T I A N said:

Ya'll out here acting like the generic white dude from Fortnite ain't the next Smash character 

Homie, we both know that if they did a character from fortnite it would be the floss dance.

Or that really pale guy with the bald head and beard 

Edit: I thought of "How dare you call Kratos that!" immediately after posting. Fuck, that woulda been so cool and funny. FUCK 

Edited by KingTubb
1 minute ago, KingTubb said:

Edit: I thought of "How dare you call Kratos that!" immediately after posting. Fuck, that woulda been so cool and funny. FUCK 

A Sony character in smash would break the Internet. 

But with Banjo and Kazooie and Minecraft on the roster who fucking knows. 

if it would be a Sony character it would likely be more kid friendly character like Astro Bot, Sack Boy, Jak and Daxter or Ratchet and Clank 

28 minutes ago, Maxx said:

👀👀👀 Prob the trailer. They just dropped the logo online

I have a channel that I subcribe too that's keeps up with the MK movie updates and he's been posting up a lot lately in the past 3-4 weeks so I wouldn't be surprised if there was a trailer for the MK movie there.  Thinking about it maybe they were supposed to announce the Sonic series at the VGA's too which would explain why it got posted and then taken down.

Edited by Sonichuman
57 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

I have a channel that I subcribe too that's keeps up with the MK movie updates and he's been posting up a lot lately in the past 3-4 weeks so I wouldn't be surprised if there was a trailer for the MK movie there.  Thinking about it maybe they were supposed to announce the Sonic series at the VGA's too which would explain why it got posted and then taken down.

What channel are you following? 

FF7 R just won best music

new game announced...and the first bits of gameplay have this girl climbing and she has cloth to float down with....soo takes some cues from BotW.  Apparently you can Mario Odyssey your self into objects and things.  Game is called Tchia

Last of Us 2 took best action/Adventure.

Sea of Solitude Director's cut coming march 4th only to Nintendo switch.

Game called Shady Part of Me just had a trailer

Animal Crossing won best family game

Fall Guys  won best community support

Phasmophia won best debut game

Myst coming to VR through Oculus

heeey nice!  A performance by the Persona band of Last Surprise from Scramble

Gameplay debut of Nier Replicant

....and we're getting the debut of some band named OFK?  performing a song called follow unfollow.  I mean the music video is in 3D but noooot sure what this has to do with any games... 

best esports game goes to league of legends

best esports coach goes to Zonic

best esports event goes to League of Legends

Best esports host goes to Sjokz

best esports team G2 Esports

best esports athlete showmaker (lol at when they cut to that dude.  Dude had a bit of surprise on his face)

Debut game called Century where its multiplayer and you pretty much dog fight on dragons.

Moving right into the smash trailer,WTTFF THEY ACTUALLY PUT SEPH IN THIS GAME!!

Square actually stopped being assholes for a hot second?!  Seph is murking everyone lol Did they actually give Cloud his Omnislash 5.0 in this game as an update?

Seph is coming Dec. 2020

Game being shown by The Initiative

Laura Bailey won best performance for Last of Us 2 for Abby

Game being shown by The Initiative right now...AAAND there is that rumored Perfect Dark game!

Game being shown by Turtle Rock Studios...has zombies with 4 people mowing down a zombie hoard.....This can't be Left 4 Dead 3 is it?  It's not Left 4 Dead 3..it's a game called Back 4 Blood that is essentially like Left 4 Dead.  They're about to show  more gameplay on it.  This game looks like it's a more open Left 4 Dead with bigger mutants.  They need to have that director thing that Left 4 Dead has to make everytime you play unique and they are good to go.

New game being shown that had...ok I was trying to pay attention but my son is going in right now.  He's making it difficult to type and watch this at the same time right now.  SMH.  They just showed a gameplay trailer for Hood.

Trailer for Forza Horizon 4 showing off a Cyberpunk vehicle.

No Man's Sky wins award for best ongoing game.

New game debut that...not sure what this is.  aliens monster thing and a robot.  aaand that was pretty fucking gross.  Game is called the Callisto Protocal.  Game is coming 2022.  Apoarently dev from Dead Space is making it.

Warhammer 40000 Darktide gameplay

Best Art Direction goes to Ghost of Tsushima

Best Action Game Hades

Half life Alyx just one best VR game

Best Racing/sports game went to tony hawk

Most Anticipated Game is Elden Ring

New game coming Anna Purna and Fullbright..Game is called Open Roads aaand I'm not sure what to make of that.

Disco Elysium The final Cut being shown

Dragon Age is now coming up.  Showing the first debut trailer now for it.

New game being announced.  Coming from Sega and Amplitude.  Not sure what to make of this right now it's a band playing in a space ship in space using cel shading.  aand I guess they're about to shoot some aliens?  Game is called Endless Dungeon and it's an isometric shooter

Moving on to a game called Crimson Desert, showing gameplay footage. Lighting in this game is really fucking good.  This game really looks pretty impressive visually.  You ride on dragons and the combat looks pretty damn good so far.  They said this was an Alpha?

Best Narrative went to Last of Us Part II

Oh lord...Swedish Chef shenanigans....wait there's an actual game staring the Swedish Chef?  Swedish Chef was announced for Overcooked All you can Eat.

New trailer it looks like for Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury.

Warframe is coming Epic Store

Showing a trailer for Season 1 of Cold War.

Now they're about to do the philharmonic orchestra for the 35th anniversary for Super Mario.

New game announce coming to PS5 called Seasons.

Winner of games for Impact is Tell Me Why

New game announcement....Is that Vin Diesel?  Yup it's Vin.  Looks like the game tkaes place in a prehistoric time frame...aaand if it Ididn't know that before the T-Rex that just ate that dude definitely gave it away completely.  Now there is some Tech involved...aand it's looking kind of Horizon Zero Dawn ish but without the mech t-rexs.   Wait...Ok this game is Ark II?  well..that's quite the surprise. 

The studio who made that game is announcing something else aaand this lady in this trailer reminds me of Lara Croft...but it's prob not her.  It isn't.  It's a trailer for Ark the Animated series...aand holy hell they've got some names attached to this series.  It's coming 2022.

Fall Guys Season 3 being shown.

Elite Dangerous update called Oddysey. allows you to walk on foot

New trailer for Outriders by People Can Fly.

And now there's some surreal anthropomorphic metroidv-*GETS KILLED BY RADIANT*

Game is called F.I.S.T.

So they brought Tom Holland in JUST to announce Nolan North to announce a nominee...lol

Best multiplayer game went to Among Us.  Happy for those guys.

New trailer for a game from Saber Interactive.  There's a knight and a lady with a shot gun, aand apparently Ash.  Oh it's an Evil Dead Video game.  coming to pretty much all platforms.

Oh wow....Capcom is doing a new ghosts n Goblins.  Annouced for Switch so far.  Coming 2/25/2020

And they also announced Capcom Arcade Stadium for switch which is a 'free' download

best indie game goes to Hades

Best Audio Design went to Last of Us Part II

Best Role Playing Game went to FF7R

Best Sim/Strategy game went to Microsoft Flight Simulator

Player's Voice went to Ghost of Tsushima

Best Fighting Game went to MK11 Ultimate

trailer for Microsoft Flight Simulater coming to Xbox

game for Sony's consoles...done by Housemarquee.  Game is called Returnal. (game may not be new...I don't even remember it to be honest)

Trailer for Rogue company being free to play.  Looks like there's a trailer for Super Meat Boy Forever.  And now there's a trailer for Genshin Impact.

A game that has a procedural road trip? Game is called Road 96

Gameplay reveal of It Takes 2

Innovation in Accessibility goes to Last of Us II

New trailer for Elder Scrolls Online, update is called Gates of Oblivion.

Trailer for Free to Start Destiny 2.

A star Wars game for Oculus announced, called Tales from the Galaxy Edge.

Trailer for Hyrule Warriors AoC (nothing new or anything)

new trailer for Oddworld Soulstorm.

Best Mobile Game goes to Among Us.

New trailer for Monster Hunter Rise, demo comes jan 2021

Eddie Vedder is singing Future Days now.

New game being shown.  Looks like it takes place in the wild west.  Cowboy killing demons and he's got a clawed weapon that turns intoa a type of brass knuckles.  Game is called Evil West.

New trailer for Scarlet Nexus.

"I have powerful swim swims'"....WHAT!?

showing trailer for brand new map of among us, new map airship is coming 2021.  with new assassinations.

Content creator of the year went too Valkyrae

Master Chief....is coming to Fortnite, and also Red vs Blue characters are coming to Fortnite.  and it looks like a halo map is coming to Fortnite too.

Daryl and Michonne from Walking Dead are coming to Fortnite

new trailer for Rocket League

Skyrim to Xbox Game pass.

new trailer for xbox game pass.

Just Cause is getting a mobile game.

Fallout 76 trailer

New Ruined King Trailer

Best Game Direction went to Last of Us Part II

Trailer for GTA Online update.

trailer for a game called Humankind.

new respawn game.  Medal of Honor game for mobile

new mass effect teaser

I love the GotY medleys

Last of Us II got GotY.

aaand cue the salt mines.  Was pretty much expected.  Didn't want it to be but sure whatever.

Edited by Sonichuman