Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread: Now Featuring Animated Avatars

1 hour ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Apparently there is joke in the Monster Hunter movie that was mistranslated into an offensive Chinese idiom that triggered people and the movie got yanked the day of release. Tencent is involved so how it slipped through the cracks is beyond me. Wouldn't want to be the guy at Tencent that has to explain this to the government. Chinese gamers are review bombing Monster Hunter World.

Is not even that.

It is a rhyme that sounds like a rhyme that is offensive, but is only by passing.

Making this wqhole thing even more retarded.

But is continental Taiwan, so you cant expoect much from them.

Geoff Keighley did an AmA about the game awards today the main takeaways are 

* the event will be about 2.5 hours long 

* about 12 games will debut at the show 

* about 15 games should be shown in total* 

* expect something big from Microsoft (rumors of Microsoft buying Sega intensifies)

* Nothing that is going to be announced has been leaked. 
* The show will feature a presenter that Keighley considers a “dream guest” who he’s been trying to get on the awards show since it’s inception. 

* Keighley does not specify if it is games in total or games separate from the debuts. 

Edited by iStu X
3 hours ago, iStu X said:

* about 15 games should be shown in total

* expect something big from Microsoft (rumors of Microsoft buying Sega intensifies)

* The show will feature a presenter that Keighley considers a “dream guest” who he’s been trying to get on the awards show since it’s inception. 

God I hope M$ doesn't buy Sega...

85 hours and 50 minutes later I have 100%’ed Hyrule Warriors Age of Calamity.

I really don’t feel like doing a full write up right now cause I just accomplished it about 5 minutes ago. But I will say it was worth my money and I had a blast playing. It was a Zelda that happened to have musou combat rather than a musou skinned Zelda. 

I don’t know what to start on next. I’ll probably go back to Luigi’s Mansion 3 or Yakuza 0

1 hour ago, Sonichuman said:

The more I'm seeing of this shit the more pathetic it is

This is such a weird hill to die on. You HATE Nintendo because they're a business that is 2nd only to Disney in terms of protecting their IP...but LOVE the games so you try to find ways to mod them to your liking while ignoring the hard work the Devs put in as is with the arrogance that some ragtag randoms can do it better. I remind myself this vocal group isn't the majority of smash players. no way can millions who bought the game all believe in this. 

@iStu XAccording to these weirdos WE would be the Nintendrones, not them. Not the group with this delusional mentality. Not that I care what someone calls me but I found that hilarious. 

Edited by TheInfernoman
7 hours ago, iStu X said:

* about 15 games should be shown in total* 

* Keighley does not specify if it is games in total or games separate from the debuts. 

The weirdest part of the Saudis buying snk... The possibility they end up going to one of these things.? 

a bit off topic here, but for the past several years...it has been amusing how people have stretched the definition of "phobic" or "phobia".  It is an irrational fear of something...but anytime a certain "community" hears or sees something they don't like, it's labeled as "___phobic", when that's usually not actually the case.  It's oddly annoying yet funny at the same time... like how the words "cuck" and "incel" have been transformed into generic insults for people that disagree with you on something...instead of what those words actually mean.  Definitions of words apparently don't mean much anymore, since everything means anything in the next 5 minutes, I guess.

Anyway--- I'm getting this shit day 1, most likely.... definitely leaning towards a character that focuses on any kind of hacking skills, and whatever gives me the most stealth and speed-related bonuses... and the "Corpo" path.

7 hours ago, TheInfernoman said:

This is such a weird hill to die on. You HATE Nintendo because they're a business that is 2nd only to Disney in terms of protecting their IP...but LOVE the games so you try to find ways to mod them to your liking while ignoring the hard work the Devs put in as is with the arrogance that some ragtag randoms can do it better. I remind myself this vocal group isn't the majority of smash players. no way can millions who bought the game all believe in this. 

@iStu XAccording to these weirdos WE would be the Nintendrones, not them. Not the group with this delusional mentality. Not that I care what someone calls me but I found that hilarious. 

These folks barking about Nintendo have to be young folk with no sense of the world or idiots who maybe old but no sense of the world. By 28 if you have ever had to know the struggle of supporting yourself, others or paid attention to the world outside your own lanes you should know how corporations are about money and control. No matter how nice they act and cool they seem, the company has to have both to stay a float. Expecting a company to bend to your desires because YOU think it is right without recognizing the legal grounds it opens up that the company has made no effort to try to hide it fighting is just foolish.

1 hour ago, Hawkingbird said:

Polygon review of Cyberpunk spends half of it accusing the game of being transphobic.

Had this convo with a buddy of mine yesterday 

E7404982-39B2-4945-B8BE-A8B8EB238BE1.jpeg

Anybody remember when MHW dropped and waypoint spent their whole review talking about vegetarianism and colonialism? 

That's when I stopped reading video game reviews

Edited by KingTubb
2 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:

Polygon review of Cyberpunk spends half of it accusing the game of being transphobic. Twitter discussion of this game should be fun.

Yeah I read that and all I could think of is it's the future where you can probably become whoever or whatever you want.   There is no "transitioning", there is only being.   I think that obvious point was lost on this muppet.

I read the polygon review, she only went over the actual gameplay for a paragraph and a half. She also says that Watch Dogs: Legion and Deus Ex has better combat and gameplay mechanics. 

But it's a heist game, I guess? I read this review and I have no idea what this game actually plays like. But she said you don't play this game for the gameplay, so that puts my questions and worries to rest.

Arrested Development Eye Roll GIF

After more thought, this was such a piss poor video game review, it baffles me. 

I hadn't given this game any thought, but now I'm really curious as to what it is. Is it a plan and infiltrate game like Far Cry? Is it an action stealth game like Dishonored? A western RPG jammed into a FPS like Fallout?

An Immersive Sim? 

At this point all I know is it has guns and everything is neon. Does the character get to make choices, or are you guided the whole time? Are there multiple endings? 

Edited by KingTubb
22 minutes ago, Angel said:

I hope they were talking about that wack ass live action movie that nobody asked for

They where, and they wrong as fuck. Say what you want about the quality of movie, it's hardly perfect, but their condemnations of it where flat fucking wrong and missed the point of the series as a whole. 

1 hour ago, KingTubb said:

I read the polygon review, she only went over the actual gameplay for a paragraph and a half. She also says that Watch Dogs: Legion and Deus Ex has better combat and gameplay mechanics. 

But it's a heist game, I guess? I read this review and I have no idea what this game actually plays like. But she said you don't play this game for the gameplay, so that puts my questions and worries to rest.

Arrested Development Eye Roll GIF

After more thought, this was such a piss poor video game review, it baffles me. 

I hadn't given this game any thought, but now I'm really curious as to what it is. Is it a plan and infiltrate game like Far Cry? Is it an action stealth game like Dishonored? A western RPG jammed into a FPS like Fallout?

An Immersive Sim? 

At this point all I know is it has guns and everything is neon. Does the character get to make choices, or are you guided the whole time? Are there multiple endings? 

It's an Open World RPG with skill trees and character building set in a cyberpunk dark future. It's full of choices that effect the plot. According to the devs the choice in the game is so open you can "beat" the game without even doing the main quest line. 

Yea that review sound super trash. 

Edited by RSG3

I wonder if Atlus will commit to do the Persona 5 Arena that they have already put the trademark on.

It would be nice to see a continuation of the series (although i consider BBTAG a pseudo spiritual succesor to the series since it keeps some core design philosophies to it)

3 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

While I agree that Cyberpunk 2077 isn't immune to criticism, at the same time Cyberpunk the genre is literally Neon Lights and flashing images and you should be well aware of what the genre is by now. 

With that said anyone sending this person videos that could give then a seizure is a piece of shit. 

Generally the main complaint with epilepsy is the game has no accessibility options. That's a big oversight for a AAA game. They know that shit in the game can cause seizures they could have provided something to ease the pain. 

2 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

Generally the main complaint with epilepsy is the game has no accessibility options. That's a big oversight for a AAA game. They know that shit in the game can cause seizures they could have provided something to ease the pain. 

They can but they dont have to, and the genre is literally those things. Again you can critisize, i dont disagree, im not saying they are wrong, just that they shouldnt be the least bit surprised a game in this genre adhears to its genre. 

Bot everything is for everyone and doesn't have to appeal to everyone. Sometimes something just isn't for you. If you are prone to seizures then the entire Cyberpunk Genre is mostly off limits to you. It sucks but is what it is. 

Edited by RSG3
3 minutes ago, iStu X said:

@RSG3i know you’re going to be neck deep in neon lights and dystopia but you should give Aggelos a shot when you can. It’s a very charming Zelda 2 clone with a splash of Simon’s Quest. 

I started it last night and it’s a lot of fun and oozes simplistic charm. 

F090B8FA-8A47-4226-A582-BF44B94AC795.jpeg

E785E02B-220B-429A-9B05-06463182FC1A.jpeg

Ah nice dude. I already own Aggelos. I bought it because it reminded me of the Wonderboy series. It's a fantastic little game. Thanks for the req, even tho I already own it. Glad you are enjoying it to. Wonderful title. 

6 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

Pretty sure humanity at large is just dominated by assholes. It's not a game thing it's a stupid ass humanity thing. 

You ain't wrong...

I do want to mention a completely wholesome video game moment that restored a little faith in humanity. I'll spoil it just in case it gets long:

Spoiler

This was forever ago, maybe 8 years ago or so. I was home from school on Winter break and was playing little big planet 2. 

Just running through some levels with random people I found bouncing around from level to level. I was listening to music on my own and a total jam comes on. I'm feeling the music as we enter a big room with a bunch of platforms and a puzzle where all 4 players have to stand on buttons to open the gate or whatever. 

I get to my button pretty quick, and just start to vibe to the song, enough so that I start to make my sock boy dance. 

Everyone gets on their buttons, door opens, they see me cutting a rug in the corner. 

No one missed a beat, the other 3 players immediately start dancing with me. It was great, we played the rest of the night, whenever there was space to, we'd all start dancing. 

This whole story probably would of been ruined if anyone had a mic, but thems the breaks. 

12 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

Pretty sure humanity at large is just dominated by assholes. It's not a game thing it's a stupid ass humanity thing. 

Agree, but i think that is just the asshole minority is more noticeable than the good doers.

Is more easy to sell a headline punctuating some fucked up shit that than selling a headline about someone doing something good unless is something really extraordinary.

10 minutes ago, KingTubb said:

You ain't wrong...

I do want to mention a completely wholesome video game moment that restored a little faith in humanity. I'll spoil it just in case it gets long:

Hide contents

This was forever ago, maybe 8 years ago or so. I was home from school on Winter break and was playing little big planet 2. 

Just running through some levels with random people I found bouncing around from level to level. I was listening to music on my own and a total jam comes on. I'm feeling the music as we enter a big room with a bunch of platforms and a puzzle where all 4 players have to stand on buttons to open the gate or whatever. 

I get to my button pretty quick, and just start to vibe to the song, enough so that I start to make my sock boy dance. 

Everyone gets on their buttons, door opens, they see me cutting a rug in the corner. 

No one missed a beat, the other 3 players immediately start dancing with me. It was great, we played the rest of the night, whenever there was space to, we'd all start dancing. 

This whole story probably would of been ruined if anyone had a mic, but thems the breaks. 

Yeah that is why I don't mess with mics. 

5 hours ago, RSG3 said:

I'll play slight devils advocate here and posit that actually at least a bit over half of the human population is decent.  Its just the fact that now every asshole has more access to the internet and tech that the amount of dickishness has been seemingly multiplied exponentially over the years and those dicks are loud AF.

Edited by Sonichuman
1 minute ago, Sonichuman said:

I'll play slight devils advocate here and posit that actually at least a biy over half of the human population is decent.  Its just the fact that now every asshole in has more access to the internet and tech that the the amount of dickishness has been seemingly multiplied exponentially over years and those dicks are loud AF.

Plus some of those assholes love to take any opportunity to stirr havok.

Like, is very easy to see some assholes crossing oiver any community just to take the opportunity to do stuff like send death threats, harass, etc just for kicks and giggles. 😕

Ahh jeez...its invading my youtube feed now...

I'm also seeing a very common thing that keeps coming up where people who are 'defending' nintendo are the simps.  Bruh...this is has nothing to do with liking the company or not.  Its pretty fuckin simple for anyone who can look at the situation from an objective standpoint and has an modicum of business sense.

2 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

I'm also seeing a very common thing that keeps coming up where people who are 'defending' nintendo are the simps.  Bruh...this is has nothing to do with liking the company or not.  Its pretty fuckin simple for anyone who can look at the situation from an objective standpoint and has an modicum of business sense.

I have been called in the one month of being on twitter a nintendo bootlicker so seems twitter mobs just want to stay in their bubbles. 

2 minutes ago, TheInfernoman said:

I have been called in the one month of being on twitter a nintendo bootlicker so seems twitter mobs just want to stay in their bubbles. 

Same, i have been called nintendrone by the idiots that ddont play other consoles that arent nintendo, and dont play other platformer fighters that arent smash because it doesnt have the nintendo chars.

Is freaking hilarious how lacking of common sense those idiots are.

What surprises me is how idiotic many people have been about this, believing the victimhood narrative of the meeleturds.

Is pathetic how uneducated gamers are.