Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread: Now Featuring Animated Avatars

53 minutes ago, KingTubb said:

That is frustrating. HK does a pretty good job of keeping benches pretty close to boss fights, but I totally understand. The main reason I don't like Dark Souls is because of this + being able to get bodied pretty easily if you aren't careful by normal enemies. I don't really have any issues with combat outside of boss fights in HK 

I don't know how long you played for, but HK does have a stride to it that takes a couple hours to really figure out. Once you start filling out your map and plotting a course, it's non-stop progression. Getting to that point (and buying all the map marker upgrades) can easily turn into a chore. 

I got 8 hours in before I stopped. I remember beating two bosses. 

4 hours ago, KingTubb said:

As far as musou games go, it looks pretty cool. But musou games are not something that I can ever bring myself to pay full price for. Just not my bag. There's enough out that that tickles my pickle more than AoC that I'd like to play before dropping $60 on this

Me saying AOC aint half bad is bigger praise then it intially seems. I fucking hate Musou games...like a lot. 

Im having fun with AOC. Thats pretty impressive, for me anyway. 

1 hour ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Hey guys, my mom actually got me an early birthday present. Godfall...has anyone actually played this? I haven't heard good things about it.

The best thing i heard about the game is that the combat is good, but then again, i also heard that the people saying the combat is good are on crack cocaine if they think that is good, lol. 

Which is a shame i really dig the look of the game since ir reminds me of Garo. 

I've decided to return Godfall. I never opened it and my mom included a gift receipt. Only reason it took me so long to decide is that I have never exchanged a gift that was given to me.  After researching some more, I don't see any point to playing the game even though it's free. I can use the credit on AoC or Cyberpunk or something...

Edited by Darc_Requiem

Vids

Spoiler

^Not entirely certain why this was put up now but apparently they left the comments on.  The comments are surprisingly not as toxic as you think and are actually more aware that they could be.

Kratos is playable across all platforms of Fortnite...Really curious as to how many money bags they gave Sony for them to agree to this.  Also sidenote to this Nintendo fans are trying to make Samus happen for Fortnite.  I can only shake my head and laugh at this.

ha, I got in on the sale for 1 last purchase just in time... it was only about 35 minutes left in the Black Friday/Cyber Monday sales early this morning....  Tekken 7 ULTIMATE edition was 20 bucks, man... it's hard to say no to 80% off on an "ultimate" edition.

HDD space is tight though.. I had to uninstall 2 games to make some room.  Sad thing is that this issue is even worse with the new gen of consoles at the moment.

One of the many reasons I love the Switch is how it still has that advantage of old-era systems....back when we could play a game right off the physical medium it's on; no installations required, for most of them, at least.  Some games will prompt you for a day 1 patch ....and you can just ignore that shit and keep right on having fun.... I think Bayo 2 was like that... "day 1 patch.."  and I'm like "nah bruh" and kept going... completely offline and portable, btw.  System GOAT status right there, folks.

11 minutes ago, Maxx said:

Can someone explain to Me about gaming laptops. I don't have $2000 to spend on a computer. I want to get into streaming.. Is this a better alternative than streaming off of a ps4? 

Do you need a laptop? You can make some decent power with a desktop form factor without a heavy price tag. Just like most thing, when you decrease its size and want to keep the performance, you increase the cost. 

What's your budget?

Edited by OPTIMUS124
8 minutes ago, OPTIMUS124 said:

Do you need a laptop? You can make some decent power with a desktop form factor without a heavy price tag. Just like most thing, when you decrease its size and want to keep the performance, you increase the cost. 

What's your budget?

No real budget atm. I guess let's say $1000..this is more me trying to research my options and I'll work to save the money up. Most likely post Christmas will be a good time to check sales since they usually are better than black Friday deals 

3 minutes ago, Maxx said:

No real budget atm. I guess let's say $1000..this is more me trying to research my options and I'll work to save the money up. Most likely post Christmas will be a good time to check sales since they usually are better than black Friday deals 

If you are gonna spend 1000 bucks and you don't REQUIRE the portability of a laptop, spend that money on a gaming PC dude. You can easily build a powerful machine with $1000 that is more than capable of maxing out most games AND streaming. 

If you're ever serious about getting the parts together me or anyone else in the PC thread would be more than willing to break it down for you. 

https://deadline.com/2020/12/oscar-isaac-solid-snake-sonys-metal-gear-solid-movie-1234650259/

Oscar Isaac is a great actor, hope this pans out. Jordan Vogt-Roberts directing it, and I heard Skull Island was good. 

the movie better be 40% Isaac talking on the codec or I boycott. 

Edit: This actually has me pretty excited. Hope they go with MGS3 as the backdrop and don't try to do Shadow Moses. There's so much they would have to change for a wider audience to understand imho. 

Also, took a quick look at what is considered "canon" and internet metal gear fans can't seem to come to a consensus.

Saw one guy swearing that Ghost Babel is canon as a VR mission that you're playing as Raiden before Big Shell.  

Edited by KingTubb

I remember buying Streets of Rage 4 and being turned off at how all the og characters started off trash compared to the new character Cherry who can start off basically doing anything and everything.   But I guess I might take some time to use her op ass and power through the game to unlock the other versions of the og characters that can do what she can already.     They really, REALLY wanted you to play her as opposed to everyone else I suppose.