Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread: Now Featuring Animated Avatars

Back home in a suburb called Lakewood we had 2 GameStop’s in the same lot except the  second one was connected directly behind the first one. And they were both Store Managered by the same person. 

so whenever someone needed manager level shit they’d have to call whatever store he was currently in so he could go to the other and help them. There wasn’t a door that attached the stores either. Cause no one thought there’d be a GameStop right behind a GameStop. Lol. 

So he’d have to walk all around the strip (basically 2 blocks) to go whichever store needed him. shit was fuuuuuucked. I felt so bad for him. 

Edited by iStu X
8 minutes ago, Jurassic said:

There used to be three in a nearby town where I live; one at the mall and two at separate strip malls around 2008-2009.

God, that actually reminds me. The arcade I basically grew up in was in a mall. And In that mall we had 2 GameStop’s that were basically spitting distance from eachother. 

they ironically closed the bigger one because the smaller one was making way more money. 

man, GameStop’s really did use to be everywhere. 

there’s two near me but by near I mean they’re close but not close enough for me to go to. Lol

i also did a 2 year and some change tour as a GameStop employee and I can count on one hand how many times I’ve bought from them since leaving their employment 

Edited by iStu X

huh...never had a gamestop where I lived, had to go one town over to find one...last time I was physically inside one was about...6 years ago? 

slightly unrelated but I have a drive through Starbucks outside of my target but inside the Target is a full fledged Starbucks.

https://www.twitch.tv/theinfernomanlive

Streaming again today at 4pm PST. Come in be confused about MTG or just chat with me about whatever. 

Edited by TheInfernoman
3 minutes ago, TheInfernoman said:

huh...never had a gamestop where I lived, had to go one town over to find one...last time I was physically inside one was about...6 years ago? 

I was in one about a month or two ago because I had to preorder the 3 Monster Hunter RISE amiibo. Which are exclusive to GameStop. 

the reason I didn’t opt to do it online is that despite all of them releasing the same day (3/26) GameStop was trying to charge me almost $20 shipping because they had to individually ship them (bullshit) 

so I begrudgingly went to an actual store 

Edited by iStu X

So I just started Octopath Traveler (I started as Therion, the thief) and I am already head-over-heels in fucking love with this game. 

the “hd pixel” art is so beautiful as it pays tribute to the old while bringing it into modern. The voice acting so far (I’m about an hour is) is surprisingly on point and I am absolutely in LOVE with the battle system. It feels like an off shoot of the Brave Default battle system. Which is not a bad thing as I love Default and Second. 

I have a feeling I’m going to continue to love this game as I go through it. 

Edited by iStu X
4 hours ago, Skort said:

Unsure if this was posted before but 

Hopefully it has nothing to do with Andromeda.

PS @Darc_Requiem !!!

Ah a bunch nothing. A CGI trailer, no gameplay, and Mary Sue Tsoni. Yay.... 😑

Edit: Mac Walters had a hard on for Liara. He he was co-writer in ME1 and lead writer in ME2 and ME3.  Liara is literally the only character in all four Mass Effect games. First you need Prothean scientist and what you do you know that's what Liara is (ME1). Then the most infamous information broker in the Galaxy, the Shadow Broker,  some how get's bodied and replaced by said Prothean scientist (Liara in ME2). The Prothean's managed to come up with an Anti-Reaper weapon but they couldn't finish it in time. But you know who found it and go the plans in order for ME3. Liara fucking T'soni. There are only two squadmates that cannot die during the ME3 Trilogy without the game being over. James Vega the new guy in ME3 and guess who else. You know it, Liara T'Soni. 

Side Note: You know they brought to construct a narrative for Andromeda so they could get the done. Mac Walters and you now which character from the original trilogy that he some how manages to insert in the game. Wait for it....big shocker here. Liara T'Soni :coffee:

Edited by Darc_Requiem
9 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Ah a bunch nothing. A CGI trailer, no gameplay, and Mary Sue Tsoni. Yay.... 😑

At least it shows us what appears to be Liara and in the background  Mordin , Garrus and another  ?  

Gives me hopes it will have NOTHING to do with Andromeda.

Edited by Skort
1 minute ago, Skort said:

At least it shows us what appears to be Liara and in the background  Mordin , Garrus and Grunt ?  

Gives me hopes it will have NOTHING to do with Andromeda.

That trailer is the equivalent of the N64 FF7 trailer. The CGI trailer full of Final Fantasy VI characters that had nothing to do with the end product. I honestly thought it was a trailer for the Mass Effect Trilogy Remaster. Without a heavy retcon, there can't be a direct sequel to ME3.

6 minutes ago, Skort said:

Since the ending is hated by a lot maybe a retcon isn't such a bad idea ? 

Honestly, if that's the route they want to go. They should "fix" ME3 in the remaster. I'm sure they won't though. Also I don't mean to be a Debbie Downer but when the lead of the Mass Trilogy, Casey Hudson, and the lead of the Dragon Age franchise, Mark Darrah, up and leave Bioware suddenly with no jobs lined up. I just can't be hype for either game. They have to prove they can launch a game in that isn't in a broken state let alone a game considered to be good by most of their audience.

Edit: @HawkingbirdThere aren't any more cycles. That is the only thing consistent between all ME3 endings. One of the endings makes it basically impossible to go forward without a retcon. The Synthesis ending makes a every organism in the galaxy organic/synthetic hybrid. That's the real reason they had Andromeda take place in another galaxy because they wrote themselves into a serious corner.

Edited by Darc_Requiem
19 minutes ago, M A R T I A N said:

Nah 

I couldn’t remember if it was or not. I didn’t really look into it much outside of how hilariously broken and buggy it was. 

Unrelated I’m still loving Octopath Traveler. I just got my first party member, H’aanit, the Hunter an hour or so ago. She’s a super fun character to play as. I dig her. 

I realized last night that the sprite work gives me a heavy Star Ocean vibe. This is what I’d imagine what Second Story would look like if it was made today. It’s so wonderful. 

This is slowly becoming one of my favorite RPG’s and I’ve barely scratched the surface 

Edited by iStu X
5 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Honestly, if that's the route they want to go. They should "fix" ME3 in the remaster. I'm sure they won't though. Also I don't mean to be a Debbie Downer but when the lead of the Mass Trilogy, Casey Hudson, and the lead of the Dragon Age franchise, Mark Darrah, up and leave Bioware suddenly with no jobs lined up. I just can't be hype for either game. They have to prove they can launch a game in that isn't in a broken state let alone a game considered to be good by most of their audience.

Edit: @HawkingbirdThere aren't any more cycles. That is the only thing consistent between all ME3 endings. One of the endings makes it basically impossible to go forward without a retcon. The Synthesis ending makes a every organism in the galaxy organic/synthetic hybrid. That's the real reason they had Andromeda take place in another galaxy because they wrote themselves into a serious corner.

I think people should accept that the Bioware they loved is dead.

Basically they no longer have most of the people who worked on the games people loved.

They are like Criterion, which is a hollow husk of what made those studios great.

They still have a chance to redeem themselves, but with the departure of the creative minds behind M.E. and D.A., we can assume that the problems that plagued Andromeda and Anthem are still present and probably increased after 2 strikes.

Since my Switch is overheating and I cannot play it for long periods of time until my replacement fan comes in, I decided to give my PS4 some love. I went on the PS store and saw Ginga Force dropped. Not sure if I had seen a trailer for that game prior to its September release but that game is looking like hot fire. Gonna treat myself for Christmas.

Also, Ketsui Deathtiny -Kizuna Jigoku Tachi- is out! Ahhhh I have been wanting to play this game since I came across the soundtrack to this one over a decade ago. I really hope more M2 Shot Triggers games come over to the Switch. ESP Ra.De. turned out really well.

I wonder what the criteria for picking these characters for Granblue is?  

Is it characters not associated with any other cygames, or is it characters that have more merch or songs related to them?   Can't be the former since Yuel is from Rage of Bahamut.  It doesn't seem to be story related.   Not sure about popularity because we still have nor Vira even if they did give them Cagliostro.     Did they ever even add a character that uses a gun?      If they do I guess that are gonna add Silva lol, might as well go full waifu mode for thirsty ass virgins and add in Tanya as well. 

I find it amusing that they just ignore characters that are essential to the story like Rackam and Io that could potentially add different stuff to the game stylewise but then give us what amounts to another Lancelot.  Shit I would have rather have had Rita if they went with a Rage of Bahamut character that is in Granblue, have her crap out zombies at you.  

7 hours ago, Angel said:

Is it characters not associated with any other cygames, or is it characters that have more merch or songs related to them?   Can't be the former since Yuel is from Rage of Bahamut.  It doesn't seem to be story related.   Not sure about popularity because we still have nor Vira even if they did give them Cagliostro.     Did they ever even add a character that uses a gun?      If they do I guess that are gonna add Silva lol, might as well go full waifu mode for thirsty ass virgins and add in Tanya as well. 

I find it amusing that they just ignore characters that are essential to the story like Rackam and Io that could potentially add different stuff to the game stylewise but then give us what amounts to another Lancelot.  Shit I would have rather have had Rita if they went with a Rage of Bahamut character that is in Granblue, have her crap out zombies at you.  

prob a combination of shit. like the reason for no rackam and Io is probably  more interesting and popular mages and gun users. i personally thought soriz was an out there pick when they could've went with feather. with the introduction of  a battle pass this late i expect at least a 3rd season now since no gun user, vira, or sieg in sight and you know the last charcter is gonna be sandalphon.

8 hours ago, Angel said:

I think is just going with characters that fit their design philosophy. Being Arc I know I have no hope for another grappler that's actually fun to play. 

1 hour ago, Hawkingbird said:

I think is just going with characters that fit their design philosophy. Being Arc I know I have no hope for another grappler that's actually fun to play. 

Well, i think that what character make it in are mostly decided by Cygames with some input from ASW.

As for a grappler that is fun to play, going by their other games, we will probably see hybrid chars that have a mixup of everything.

You could argue fr example that Bang on BB was a grappler on the 1st games, lol.

ooooh yep, I am instantly sold on Skul Awaken... for Switch especially if it comes to that.

Cyberpunk adventures--- I'm hoping there's another chance to customize at some point... surely there must be... when making my 2nd character, I forgot to remove the silly purple lipstick...basically for both my characters I kept cycling through the randomizations until I saw something with potential, and went from there adjusting things....so yeah, my 2nd character is a dude that looks kinda cool....except he happens to have purple lipstick. 🤣

Bought Man Eater for cheap on Black Friday. It's an interesting title. The game could have certainly benefitted from a lock-on button. Honestly, my favorite "character" is the narrator. The way the game works is like it's a reality version of a show on Shark Week. His one liners are pretty hilarious in context of the game. 

Edited by OPTIMUS124