Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread: Now Featuring Animated Avatars

51 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

Man, you dont know how much i would love to get a Bleach game in the vein of DBFZ.

It really pains me that the "best" option i have is Jump Force.

Specially because they added Yoruichi, which is a character i like, but not even her will make me buy that pos.

Well the hope would be that maybe Namco Bandai will see the sucess of DBFZ and go 'hmmmmmm...'  The best time for it to happen will be when the anime starts back up to finish the story.  If it doesn't happen by then, chances go down considerably.

34 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

Well the hope would be that maybe Namco Bandai will see the sucess of DBFZ and go 'hmmmmmm...'  The best time for it to happen will be when the anime starts back up to finish the story.  If it doesn't happen by then, chances go down considerably.

At this point i will be happy with the game being a full on versus shonen jump.

Maybe we wouldnt get most of the chars that way, but we can at least have some representatives, plus chars from other series as well.

Back on that Octopath Traveler shit! 

I just did Alfyn’s chapter 2 story and it made me legit mad. 

When he enters the town his chapter takes place in he meets another Apothecary (traveling doctor)  named Vanessa who is currently trying to heal the town of a sickness not common in their region. He approaches her hoping to talk shop but she politely declined. 

After some time passes the town seems cured only for later the patients Vanessa treated had a much worse ailment. She offers to treat people again but this time for an exorbitant price. She also refuses to help a mother who’s child is sick because she can’t pay the fee for the tonic. (100k per dose). Much to the shock of everyone, including Alfyn. 

Through a series of events Alfyn finds out that Vanessa is an apothecary that uses her knowledge of medicine to drain towns dry of their wealth and moves to the next town before anyone catches the wiser. 

Alfyn and your party end up fighting her and some mercenaries she hired as insurance if anyone found out about her plans in a cave where the key ingredient for the illness is located. After the battle Alfyn ends up using a plant on her that puts her to sleep so she couldn’t run away from the authorities.

He later reveals to your chosen Traveler that not only does the plant induce sleep but it also causes extremely vivid nightmares related to people’s deepest fears for a short time. 

As Alfyn leaves the village after distributing the cure to the town for free there are two girls who he helped collecting seashells and give them to him cause he looks poor so they hope he can sell them for money. It’s a cute little scene. 

im about to do H’aanit’s chapter 2 story. I still have her and Primroses to do before moving onto chapter 3. 

i still don’t see how this game is a grind fest. All my characters are almost level 50 and suggested level is early 30’s. 

Edited by iStu X

One day I'll get back to Black Desert Online... it would be nice if this company would just make a game that is pure action through and through...without any of the online-required MMO nonsense in the way...

ah, this is an older vid but it has more:

...funny thing to me is that this combat trailer for "Nova" is kinda tame compared to the ones I remember before, back when the game was new.

I finally played a bit more of Hyrule Warriors Age of Calamity; absolutely loving it so far.  

My dream musou games would still be a new one with the Bleach franchise...and one with Power Rangers/Super Sentai, with as many playable characters as possible, of course.  

Edited by MillionX

ok, Age of Calamity, man... it's too damn fun the further I get into it.  Right from the start, Impa is my favorite of the characters I have so far.  She has sooo much shit going on it's crazy.  Link is kind of boring in comparison.  With Impa, you have ninja-vanish shenanigans with clone jutsu, some elemental stuff + your shiekah slate abilities too...the kunai...there's so much there with this 1 character...and I keep getting full meter for her A-button special so much faster than the other characters so far.  All these combos, man...

netflix antonio GIF

I just got Rivali unlocked a little while ago; I haven't played as him just yet though.

22 hours ago, iStu X said:

I love that SNK is porting all the NeoGeo Pocket fighters to switch. 

gimme Capcom vs. SNK Card Clash though, you cowards 

I've only played the two SamSho ones but they're incredibly fun, especially samSho2. I didn't expect them to pack so much into that game. If the other games are that good, maybe I'll have to scoop them up.

Just now, nickmanx5 said:

i think i may finally be able to finish my ps2 backlog in 2021 people! also started wild arms 3 i never finished it last time i played i also missed a lot of obvious connections to wild arms 1.

Wild arms 3 is some bullshit. Lol

find hidden message on the world map

find hidden town 

talk to the right person 

find another hidden message

talk to the right person 

find hidden dungeon. 

1 minute ago, iStu X said:

Wild arms 3 is some bullshit. Lol

find hidden message on the world map

find hidden town 

talk to the right person 

find another hidden message

talk to the right person 

find hidden dungeon. 

yea luckily i just came off the wild arms 1 remake and that takes a lot from wild arms 3 so it won't pose too much of a problem this time around.

Why did no one tell me Mr. Driller World Tour had so many bops on its OST? I downloaded the demo to kind of get a feel for the game again since it’s been forever  since I played a Mr. Driller title. Im pretty sure I listened to its boopin’ ass sound track more than I played the game. 

I also played the Bravely Default II Final Demo. Elvis is aggressively Scottish. Like, Australian Wolverine tier. Thank god for dialogue boxes cause some shit he says is legit hard to understand the accent is so thick. Oh, and the demo was hype despite how limited it was (5 hours total play time which amounts to about a single mission and its post prologue so  save data doesn’t transfer over) 

Edited by iStu X
32 minutes ago, MillionX said:

Age of Calamity---I have now acquired the lovely goddess Urbosa... I love the way she plays, actually.  It's a good thing I didn't do much research on this before; everything is new to me with this game, actually.

https://zelda.fandom.com/wiki/Urbosa

^and yep, she could absolutely get ate.  😏

She becomes a lot more versatile post game after you unlock 4 more bars of thunder meter for her to use. She also has the privilege of being one of only three characters in the game that can parry Guardian lasers. The other two are one-handed sword Link and Riju. 

Edited by iStu X