Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread: Now Featuring Animated Avatars

5 hours ago, Chadouken said:

The fucking- the boss one, man. I can't do shit and he just smashes me with his fist. 

Assuming the Remake follows the same design as the original... That boss is more of a puzzle than an actual fight. You gotta break the pillars blocking the path and then run back behind the big walls/pillars before Dragon God fists you. Then run back out and activate the ballistas. There's only two. 

Really not much more to it than that. Don't worry, this boss gets everyone the first few times lmao. 

On 12/25/2020 at 10:21 AM, AriesWarlock said:

Gal Gun Returns for Xbox One cancelled

Inti Creates "unable to ensure consistency" on Xbox.

Cancellation of the Xbox One release of Gal Gun Returns

Today we would like to announce that we will no longer be releasing Gal Gun Returns on the Xbox family of consoles.

As a remaster of the original Gal Gun, we wanted to strive to ensure that we stayed true to the spirit of the first entry in the Gal Gun series, and while development of the Xbox version was complete and the master ROM under review, it became apparent, after productive discussion with Microsoft, that we would be unable to ensure consistency of experience across all platforms.

As a result we have decided to re-focus attention to Nintendo Switch and PC for the upcoming release of Gal Gun Returns.

We understand the disappointment from everyone who was looking forward to playing the game on Xbox One, and would like to thank everyone for their ongoing support.

Please accept our sincerest apologies for this change in the planned release. We hope you enjoy the Gal*Gun experience on other platforms.

We look forward to continuing working with Microsoft on other PQube releases going forward.

I said it before, if you want a console for quirky Japanese games, you need a Switch. People have this warped 90s view of Nintendo. They don't censor 3rd Party titles. This has been the case going back to N64. 

On 12/25/2020 at 9:21 AM, AriesWarlock said:

Gal Gun Returns for Xbox One cancelled

Inti Creates "unable to ensure consistency" on Xbox.

Cancellation of the Xbox One release of Gal Gun Returns

Today we would like to announce that we will no longer be releasing Gal Gun Returns on the Xbox family of consoles.

As a remaster of the original Gal Gun, we wanted to strive to ensure that we stayed true to the spirit of the first entry in the Gal Gun series, and while development of the Xbox version was complete and the master ROM under review, it became apparent, after productive discussion with Microsoft, that we would be unable to ensure consistency of experience across all platforms.

As a result we have decided to re-focus attention to Nintendo Switch and PC for the upcoming release of Gal Gun Returns.

We understand the disappointment from everyone who was looking forward to playing the game on Xbox One, and would like to thank everyone for their ongoing support.

Please accept our sincerest apologies for this change in the planned release. We hope you enjoy the Gal*Gun experience on other platforms.

We look forward to continuing working with Microsoft on other PQube releases going forward.

And that is why i am buying a Switch and gaming pc and laptop.
No point int trying to buy stuff on places that want to dictate what you can and  cant have.

Those commifornia fuckers keep trying to censor stuff because it offends their soft ass cheeks.

Fuck them.

Not that i was planning on wasting money on a suxbox.

3 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

I said it before, if you want a console for quirky Japanese games, you need a Switch. People have this warped 90s view of Nintendo. They don't censor 3rd Party titles. This has been the case going back to N64. 

well n64 was such an awful platform for third party games but i get you're point.

with sega no longer around and M$ being idiots like usual I'm glad nintendo so far has given them a platform where they can publish their games censor free.

Edited by rukawa_kaede

Playing a lot more Hades lately and I gotta say, the characters in this game are great. I wanna learn more about everyone.  

Which brings up the question:

Spoiler

Does Zagreus ever ask Demeter about Persephone? Demeter is technically his grandma, so I wonder if it ever comes up...

Also, Zagreus's father is actually up for debate. Some sources list Zeus has his dad, but others say it was Hades, but others say that Zeus and Hades are actually the same guy...

That being said, I hope they don't do "Zeus was your dad all along" cause then Zeus would be his Dad-grandpa, which is gross. 

22 hours ago, Chadouken said:

Oh word. I'll try him again tonight. Thanks, man!

A couple other things that might help:

-watch his head to see where he’s looking when you’re running between hiding spots

-you can use magic to break the piles of rubble but arrows and bolts don’t work

-if you’re pure white world tendency, look around the stage for items

Xbox gave me a free £8/$10 the other day so I picked up Radiant Silvergun and Guardian Heroes, the latter of which I've never played but always heard good stuff about. Also started raiding on FFXIV again, we've gotten to the enrage of the third fight a couple of times tonight so that should be a kill next week. This raid tier had been super fun so far can't wait till we hit the wall on the final one.

What have you mad lads been playing recently?

Ok, so it looks like I might have to remap the buttons in Immortals Fenyx Rising...  having X (or square on a playstation controller) being the dodge button is incredibly awkward for me...I don't recall that ever being a dodge in any game I've played, actually....that has always been an attack button....so many times now I'm intending to attack but remember a split second too late that's the dodge.  That's quite the odd design choice there.

...ah, but there's another point of frustration with that... various actions are assigned to 1 button here...I'd still rather a dodge be the "b" button like it normally is in everything else... X is supposed to be either an attack and/or "Interact" button in most games.

6 hours ago, RegH81 said:

My dad ran into his first Lynel in BOTW. It went about as well as you would expect!  My dad finding out how hard those suckers actually hit:

The Wire Reaction GIF

And a few nights ago, he was playing an lost track of time and realize it was 4AM.

He run into a Guardian yet?  And by Guardian I mean one of the stalkers lol.

9 hours ago, Chadouken said:

I beat him! So what should I do with the Dragon Demon Soul?

I’m a big fan of firestorm which you can get if you free Yuria. I had never played a Souls game with a magic build and focused my build on getting firestorm quickly. It melts a lot of bosses and was well worth getting. If you’re more of a faith build, than Wrath of God is a great choice. 

Wrath of God and Firestorm are probably among the strongest spells in the game. If you don’t have the stats for either, just pick whichever one you might want for a NG+

the other spell is fireball but I don’t think many would recommend that over the two. 

Edited by JGreen

I really should've timed the power-leveling to know exact numbers here...but this might be the fastest I've done in Diablo 3 now... I made 2 characters today and got both to level 70 super-fast... the 2nd one couldn't been more than about 35 to 40 minutes there 😄 Surely this game holds a record for having the fastest, "legitimate" ways to level up in gaming history, man... it's not even exploits involved there.  That combo of "gem of ease", several legendary weapons and a "legacy of dreams" + a ruby in your helm... the results are just insane.  I'm already doing some greater rifts with this character, and only 1 piece away from having the full Vyr's item set....but still doing the legacy of dreams setup at the moment.... his "sheet DPS" is already 1.2 million, and that # doesn't even count certain bonuses going on.  

Ok yeah... the "conquest" challenges are pretty damn hard... I'm not even going to attempt again with my Wizard for the "speed run" challenge... I thought I was doing alright with constant teleports via Aether Walker power...until I noticed it was close to an hour already and I was still just in Act 2!  I've been able to get close to beating the "Boss Mode" challenge (beat all bosses [except Vidian] within 20 minutes) with the wizard though...on the last attempt it was 22 minutes after I got the last one so that's only 2 minutes over so far....still, I hate that a big part of this is dependent on pure luck, since the map design is a bit random for some bosses....so sometimes you realize you're headed towards a dead end area, which effectively kills your run right there.  Most have done this with a Monk or Demon Hunter; it's looking like I'll just use one of those if I could get a good speed build set up. 

This is nearing the end of season challenges for me... there's only 3 more things (2 conquests done, then 3 conquests done, then the "finish Torment-xiii rift within 4 minutes" one)

Edited by MillionX

I’ll forever hate Kotaku cause they buried the blog site I was working for and the board game developer we were trying to help get exposure. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/kotaku.com/come-on-a-card-game-about-tentacle-rape-update-5910304/amp

the video in question that they mentioned/removed was actually filmed BY ME at the convention our site was doing press for. 

Our site was actually helping a lot of smaller dev’s thanks to my friends husband who had worked with most. Same with comic book artists/writers thanks to the same friend knowing so many high ups in comic book companies .

We had to cancel over 25 interviews when this article came out and then eventually shut down our site since we couldn’t get anything lined up after this article. 

The company that made the game even had to change their name due to all the negative press Kotaku gave them. 

the silver lining is that the company is still doing well and they’re still selling the game. 

https://ninjadivision.com/products/tentacle-bento-spm30001-takoashi-university?_pos=1&_sid=daa21112b&_ss=r

Edited by iStu X

Mannnnn....

I just read that the entire Dark Souls trilogy, including DS Remastered, runs at 60 FPS on PS5.

With how much fun I'm having with DeS Remake, I'm assuming I should probably play through those games after I'm done with DeS, yeah?

Oh, and Sekiro also runs at 60.

It's unfortunate, but Bloodborne is still locked at 30 FPS on PS5 because From coded it to lock at that performance. They would have to go in and change the code for PS5. What are the chances of that happening?

11 hours ago, Chadouken said:

They would have to go in and change the code for PS5. What are the chances of that happening?

Zero. A fan made a hack that allowed Bloodborne to run at 60fps on PS4 Pro. Granted I think he had to drop the resolution to 720p but I think most people would rather have low latency gameplay in that type of game.  That's just using the PS4 Pro's boost mode. If a fan did that. An actual PS4 Pro patch would be capable of more. If the PS4 Pro could do 60fps in boost mode with that Potato CPU. The PS5 could do far better. If Spiderman is any indication a competent team could get 4k 60 in that game.

https://www.vg247.com/2020/10/12/bloodborne-unofficial-60fps-patch-ps4-pro/

Edited by Darc_Requiem
11 minutes ago, Chadouken said:

Mannnnn....

I just read that the entire Dark Souls trilogy, including DS Remastered, runs at 60 FPS on PS5.

With how much fun I'm having with DeS Remake, I'm assuming I should probably play through those games after I'm done with DeS, yeah?

Oh, and Sekiro also runs at 60.

It's unfortunate, but Bloodborne is still locked at 30 FPS on PS5 because From coded it to lock at that performance. They would have to go in and change the code for PS5. What are the chances of that happening?

Ill totally co-op Dark Souls 1 and 3 with you bro, if you are down. If your worried about someone ruining surprises for you, I absolutly do not play Tour Guide when I co-op with someone on their first run through. Ruins shit and its fun for me to watch them get yanked by traps and shit like I did when I played the first time lmao. It's something of a Schaudenfraud experience for me lol. 

So let me know if you're down and if so when you play. 

Diablo shenanigans...

Interesting; this last attempt at "Boss Mode" challenge actually counted how many I killed within the 20 minutes; it never did that before so I'm not sure why...since there was at least 1 other occasion I know of where I was close.  This time I got to everyone except Diablo and Rakanoth apparently...so 14 out of 16 bosses within the 20 minutes so far.  

I'm using the "GoD" build Demon Hunter now... I'm still not a fan of how silly a "whirlwind" type of build looks in action, but the power of this shit is undeniable.  Once you get a feel for how this build works, it is INSANE...and easily played.

heh, there's a mask for Demon Hunter that reminds me of the Shredder from TMNT, so of course I'm using that on this character.