Stage Select

The Street Fighter V Thread, vol. 2

10 hours ago, Shakunetsu said:

Looks like Bison would be having a future in SF6.

While Ken looks like heading to DLC bait this time.

Their character pics to guest in this collab really shows their priorities to represent their brand in SF6 and what they want SFV to be represented now.

Since it's not a regular collab it's with SNK and KOF.

Collab has little bearing if any on SFVI. Despite Strive being out, the Guilty Gear cross over was for Xrd.

33 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Collab has little bearing if any on SFVI.

I don't think so. Usually the characters that Capcom are willing to prostitute to third parties for whatever reason are the characters that Capcom deem brand reps and good business (in a specific market) or characters that Capcom wants to push to become those things in the near future. There is usually hierarchy for these IPs internally to ensure they get out there in a way that best serves the mother brand (SF and Capcom).

I'd pay close attention to these decisions as it is likely indicative of what's going on in those boardrooms.

Edited by Daemos
10 hours ago, Daemos said:

I don't think so. Usually the characters that Capcom are willing to prostitute to third parties for whatever reason are the characters that Capcom deem brand reps and good business (in a specific market) or characters that Capcom wants to push to become those things in the near future. There is usually hierarchy for these IPs internally to ensure they get out there in a way that best serves the mother brand (SF and Capcom).

I'd pay close attention to these decisions as it is likely indicative of what's going on in those boardrooms.

There have been multiple Collabs in KOF Allstar. They literally have no bearing on future titles. It's a mobile gatcha game that's updated frequently. When SFVI drops and Capcom wants to push characters, they'll be a SFVI collab. It gets them another bag from Netmarble and Netmarble gets more money from another collaboration. 

Daemos most likely is excited by the idea of Bison having a higher chance to make it in the SF 6 roster since he is featured in the KOF collab. I respect this,we all have our favorites and wish to see them playable in upcoming titles, however i do agree with Darc on this matter, i doubt this will hold any weight when it comes to SF6's roster ( though i do see Bison returning in later DLC for better or for worst....  but for different reasons , the fact that he is an iconic character of the series ) .

The great news is that 3D tools have evolved so much in last years that it will allow the developers to create content faster and at higher quality as well if they are whiling to put in the work, this could result in a big and fun roster for SF 6 where most of us get the characters we want back.

Edited by Skort
19 minutes ago, HeavensCloud said:

Assuming Bison is in SF6 - I hope he plays nothing like SF5 Bison who is probably the most annoying character in the game to fight against.  Get rid of the Bison with his feet anchored to the ground spamming ex moves all day and bring back the Bison with fast walk speed and good pokes.

Dunno why, but I feel that Capcom will double down with the crappy normals across the board.

Seeing the MMA/UFC theme they seem to be going to, i can see them reducing even more the range of the neutral game.

I can or cannot confirm Skort's claims as someone who did a gig at Capcom Cup and grilled the devs about such things.  Maybe you can check that hacked report and see if Shakunetsu's government is on the list of employees?

I miss you guys, who am I seeing at Combo Breaker!?  I applied for a main stage commentary spot for TMNTxJL, hopefully I get it.  

9 minutes ago, HeavensCloud said:

Assuming Bison is in SF6 - I hope he plays nothing like SF5 Bison who is probably the most annoying character in the game to fight against.  Get rid of the Bison with his feet anchored to the ground spamming ex moves all day and bring back the Bison with fast walk speed and good pokes.

Some of my "Bison" fan friends dislike SF5 Bison playstyle because he became lazy, While I'm very sure @Daemoslove SFV Bison because of problemX streaks

I think they redesign it to more MMA and classic style if he landed in main roster or the 1st season as along the 1 or 2 slot of the DLC reveal, but if not they go wizard/sorcerer Bison again for the later slot of DLC

4 hours ago, Hecatom said:

Dunno why, but I feel that Capcom will double down with the crappy normals across the board.

Seeing the MMA/UFC theme they seem to be going to, i can see them reducing even more the range of the neutral game.

I really hope not.  After playing KOFXV it's reminded me how fun it is to play a game with decent normals.  Ralf's far D hits from like a quarter screen.  

10 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

There have been multiple Collabs in KOF Allstar. They literally have no bearing on future titles. It's a mobile gatcha game that's updated frequently. When SFVI drops and Capcom wants to push characters, they'll be a SFVI collab. It gets them another bag from Netmarble and Netmarble gets more money from another collaboration. 

Seeing how Capcom behaved with SFV's roster, I'm inclined to believe that they do actually plan out their characters years in advance. Like the Oro statue that came out of no where 3-4 years ago well before he was announced for SF5. These collabs are both litmus tests (Luke) and bank (pushing out their hard hitting IPs).

They probably already know what the characters are for the first 2-3 years of SF6's life, and if SF6 is coming out early next year it means the marketing push should start this year. If they can double dip by marketing SF5 and SF6 which is what this collab is IMO, then it's perfect. As long the IP is in circulation in the minds of the FGC it will work out for them.

So if I was a betting man, I'd say every character in this KoF All-stars collab is coming to SF6 at some point.

5 hours ago, Shakunetsu said:

Some of my "Bison" fan friends dislike SF5 Bison playstyle because he became lazy, While I'm very sure @Daemoslove SFV Bison because of problemX streaks

I do think SF5 Bison is peak Bison, it's like they put a checklist of all the greatest hits he's ever done or been and added them to his appearance and gameplan (except walk speed even though he is very mobile). It's way better than SF4 Bison. But I would prefer to play as Alpha3 or CvS2 Bison.

Edited by Daemos

Dude: "I think R. Mika's buttslap is too much for FGC and the ESRB rating." 

Meanwhile

Spoiler

Watch until the very end for full context.

And, no. I'm not necessarily throwing shade, I just hope staff members at Capcom don't get too many funny ideas like they did last time, though it is getting a tad suspicious. 

If SFVI is to come out, I have to wonder where the story will actually continue off from. 
Perhaps, it will tie directly into 3 and move a bit further beyond as a interquel leading to a sequel of a sort. 

Theories. Theories. And, more theories. 

11 hours ago, elliephil said:

Love all the takes regarding this :^)

Remember when Justin set the record of most consecutive wins on SF4 and he did it on some shitty pad? SF4 Daigo 10-0ed Infiltration and Xian after both of them won Evo. You leave prime Daigo the hell alone.

The real question is Lebron now or Lebron when he was out there doing magical shit to win the championship for the Cavs.  Because the average person is never gonna stop Lebron from headcrushing his way to the rim on dunking on their ancestors. A lot of people there either don't understand and don't know how much of a freaking bull LeBron was for a lot of his career.

The average person at least knows how basketball works.  So they're aware of how they're about to lose those games against LeBron.

18 minutes ago, BornWinner said:

Reveal hidden contents

But if you’ve already been paying attention to the leaks for this game, it shouldn’t surprise you.

Reveal hidden contents

Renders for Orochi Shermie and Orochi Chris was found.

2ExnJgY.png
McVeRvR.png

I like the new outfits.

Spoiler

Looks like it isn't Rugal that is coming back

Edited by Shakunetsu
18 minutes ago, Mattatsu said:

I haven’t really watched SFV too much in a while, but did they super buff everybody? I’ve seen quite a few things I’ve never seen before

How long is a while? The game's balance hasn't been changed in a while. The game has had a chance to breathe, so like older fighters, people have had time to find new shit.

Edit: Ah I guess you were referencing the balance update trailer...no that shit is definitely new. I heard a few people say they wanted to say fuck it and let everyone have cool shit. It looks like that may be the case.

Edited by Darc_Requiem
58 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

I just noticed something, I was so focused on the wild shit that I missed Kage having an actual fireball now. 

Oh my god, he does! This update may actually be pretty awesome.

It won’t happen, but if they could do the bare minimum for the netcode and add a Wi-Fi indicator, I’d be very happy

Edited by Mattatsu