Stage Select

The Street Fighter V Thread, vol. 2

On 11/6/2021 at 7:28 PM, misterBee said:

I've been meaning to check that out.  Guess I'll look into it this weekend!

I suck at Marvel though...

Everyone who hasn't grinded this game out for eternity sucks at it. There's only a few games that I can think of that have an ultra dedicated player base as mvc2. I wouldn't worry about it 😛 If you need help with setting anything up let me know.

4 minutes ago, Psychoblue said:

SFxT is finally dead HOORAY :^)

jk, hope to see it actually playable on steam. I tried playing it at locals a few years ago on my laptop and it crashed every single time cause of Games for Windows live.

On 11/10/2021 at 8:59 AM, Vhozite said:

Fuck you dude I love Juri’s theme. Sure as fuck better than the Walgreens slim shady they got in Ed’s track.

I don't like generic strip club music, Juri's theme is terrible. Anyone know how to type the 74th letter in the Khmer alphabet because Z-Tier isn't low enough for Juri's SFV theme. Juri's SFIV to SFV theme got nerfed worse than Sean from Second Impact to Third Strike.

Edited by Darc_Requiem
2 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

I don't like generic strip club music, Juri's theme is terrible. Anyone know how to type the 74th letter in the Khmer alphabet because Z-Tier isn't low if for Juri's SFV theme. Juri's SFIV to SFV theme got nerfed worse than Sean from Second Impact to Third Strike.

Darc has become a real Juri bro now 😭👍

Edited by AriesWarlock

I'm legit amazed at how many beginners there are for CvS2. 20+ year old game that honestly did have some serious balance issues, and the RC kind of made it even dumber. I do still like it over IV and V, but I didn't think newer/younger players would gravitate towards it like this.

Question is will they stick around in a few months? FGs tend to have massive falloffs within a few months, and usually by a year they're lucky to retain 5-10% of the initial surge. People either quit or go really hardcore, at which point it's very difficult for new players to start.

8 hours ago, Serpent said:

I'm legit amazed at how many beginners there are for CvS2. 20+ year old game that honestly did have some serious balance issues, and the RC kind of made it even dumber. I do still like it over IV and V, but I didn't think newer/younger players would gravitate towards it like this.

Question is will they stick around in a few months? FGs tend to have massive falloffs within a few months, and usually by a year they're lucky to retain 5-10% of the initial surge. People either quit or go really hardcore, at which point it's very difficult for new players to start.

A lot of new players are young, and are attracted to games that their favorite youtubers/streamers like.  Since a lot of fighting game streamers are old it's not too surprising that they're getting into boomer games.

I asked the teenage guys at my arcade why they like playing 3S so much and they told me it was because of Maximilian. Boomers out here corrupting the youth...

Also:

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2021-05-24-how-street-fighter-2s-mythical-unwinnable-matchup-was-finally-proven-30-years-after-it-began

2 hours ago, misterBee said:

A lot of new players are young, and are attracted to games that their favorite youtubers/streamers like.  Since a lot of fighting game streamers are old it's not too surprising that they're getting into boomer games.

I asked the teenage guys at my arcade why they like playing 3S so much and they told me it was because of Maximilian. Boomers out here corrupting the youth...

Also:

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2021-05-24-how-street-fighter-2s-mythical-unwinnable-matchup-was-finally-proven-30-years-after-it-began

Well, at least they're not playing SFIV or SFV. They're better off playing 3S, CvS2 and MvC2 for sure. SFV's popularity makes even less sense to me. I honestly can't fathom why people would want to play it.

3 hours ago, Serpent said:

SFV's popularity makes even less sense to me. I honestly can't fathom why people would want to play it.

People play it because it’s the latest title and therefore has the biggest player base, big tournaments/streams, dev support, etc. It’s no different than any other video game. 

I know there are people who love 5 just like they’re fans of every entry, but I expect SFV to falloff when SF6 rolls around just like what happened with SF4. 

I had noticed that a lot of the new guys playing 3s came from random games like Smash and Dragonball and it didn't really make sense to me why they would be attracted to 3s of all games. Maybe it's just a visual thing? 

7 hours ago, misterBee said:

But this makes sense to me now. I'd rather have a bunch of smash kids playing  than it become dormant like it did for a few years there... sad times.

Edited by elliephil
typo
On 11/10/2021 at 9:56 AM, Sonero said:

FANG theme on S tier is basically bait.

Look man, I know you got beef with FANG, but you gotta be fair and admit that shit slaps.

On 11/9/2021 at 8:54 PM, Darc_Requiem said:

Any SFV theme tier list that doesn't have Juri's a distant distant last is invalid.

Nah, Juri's is at least ok background noise for training mode. Ed's is probably the worst theme in the whole damn franchise. 🤣

30 minutes ago, Volt said:

Nah, Juri's is at least ok background noise for training mode. Ed's is probably the worst theme in the whole damn franchise. 🤣

Nah I'll die this hill. Juri's SFV there is the worst track in SFV. Juri's SFIV theme was God Tier. I wonder I can mod the PC version to get rid of that trash and replace it with an actual good theme.