Stage Select

The Street Fighter V Thread, vol. 2

11 minutes ago, Reticently said:

Will it be team Guest Characters?

Hard to picture a fighting game dropping with zero guest character slots until SF6 comes around.

Strive didn’t have any guests on launch and currently doesn’t have any with DLC.

But I understand what you mean. Seeing how happy SNK is to lend their characters and having SamSho 2019’s DLC having four guest characters, I could see guests happening on the base roster.

3 hours ago, Reticently said:

Will it be team Guest Characters?

Hard to picture a fighting game dropping with zero guest character slots until SF6 comes around.

God I hope not. I'd hate for Tekken level bullshit to come to franchise I actually care about. Nah, I'll be honest. It bothered me with Tekken as well, it just didn't affect me. SNK has more characters than they know to do with. If a guest gets in and Kim's pants don't, it going to fucking problem. #JusticeForKaphwansPants

Edited by Darc_Requiem

Bandai Namco EU was very careful with their wording when providing the description of this product. While this looks like it's a complete edition of the game, it definitely isn't, and the company has said as much.

Legendary Edition includes the base Tekken 7 game and eight DLC characters — all of which are legacy fighters, not third-party guests. On the cover, we see (from left to right) Armor King, Anna Williams, Marduk, Julia, Lei, Zafina, and Ganryu.

Noticeably absent are all of the newcomers and the guests, meaning fans aren't getting access to Geese Howard, Noctis, The Walking Dead's Negan, Leroy, Fahkumram, or Lidia. We also can't help but wonder if this means Eliza is excluded from this package as she was a pre-order bonus and came in as extra DLC.

Breakers Collection delayed to Q1 2022, closed beta test set for January 2022

Breakers Collection includes Breakers and Breakers Revenge from the cult fighting series that started in 1996 on Neo Geo and arcades.

The compilation features additional modes, such as a training mode and online versus, which is built using rollback netcode.

Neo Geo fighting game Rage of the Dragons coming to PS4, Xbox One, and Switch

6 hours ago, HeavensCloud said:

Do they count as guest characters if they're apart of the same universe?  Any SNK characters would be cool in KOF in my opinion.   Technically there were already Samsho and Garou characters in XIV.   I'd be down for more in XV.  

In my view no. KOF was Smash Brothers before there was Smash. Sakurai took inspiration from that series for a reason. SNK pulled characters from various IPs to fill the KOF roster and not just fighting games. Ralf and Clark were the protagonists in Ikari Warriors. Athena is based on the character from the SNK platformer also titled Athena. 

Edited by Darc_Requiem
19 hours ago, AriesWarlock said:

Bandai Namco EU was very careful with their wording when providing the description of this product. While this looks like it's a complete edition of the game, it definitely isn't, and the company has said as much.

Legendary Edition includes the base Tekken 7 game and eight DLC characters — all of which are legacy fighters, not third-party guests. On the cover, we see (from left to right) Armor King, Anna Williams, Marduk, Julia, Lei, Zafina, and Ganryu.

Noticeably absent are all of the newcomers and the guests, meaning fans aren't getting access to Geese Howard, Noctis, The Walking Dead's Negan, Leroy, Fahkumram, or Lidia. We also can't help but wonder if this means Eliza is excluded from this package as she was a pre-order bonus and came in as extra DLC.

For some reason they deleted the post and then recreated it except now this one doesn’t have the price listed. Everything else is the same.

Fightcade 2 has pleased me greatly thus far.  I'm running an NGBC event tomorrow and last week I was back on the NYCFurby stream commentating SVC Chaos.  

I'm sticking with the Online Local for SFV, this weekend after NGBC is done I'll DL the latest SFV frame data app and get back up to speed with the characters I don't see regularly.

Perhaps you guys will see me at an offline major stream near you! 

Terry has been the best guest character SNK had because of him being a wanderer, not connected to any organization and has no complicated backstory on his Chi that can disrupting and do conflict to the establish whole world building and power system of that game unlike the Ryu(SatsuNOHadou), Kyo(Orochi) and Mishimas(Devil Gene)

Guest team outside?

Akira Yuki is also along the good crossover character like Terry because of being an ordinary guy but is really good in fighting.

Guilty Gear characters can always have a pass when diving to different universe because of the world building of Guilty Gear universe itself

Fighting EX Character would be either Skullomania Again? or Garuda?

An MK Character is a guarantee to shatter all expectation, Mk characters should had been a better guest character for Tekken than walking dead and Final Fantasy

2 hours ago, AriesWarlock said:

snip

I thought a couple of times of loading up SF5 to give it a second chance. But that netcode is too much. After Strive, a game having solid netcode is the beginning and end of the whole ordeal.

Also, bought Blasphemous.

5 minutes ago, Sonero said:

I thought a couple of times of loading up SF5 to give it a second chance. But that netcode is too much. After Strive, a game having solid netcode is the beginning and end of the whole ordeal.

Also, bought Blasphemous.

How bad can it be? I've played with Mattatsu, who's in Canada, and the connection was good. And I am on wi-fi.

That's great. I have Blasphemous but haven't played it yet. Enjoy the sick and twisted horrors of biblical mythology🤘 Tell us what you think

32 minutes ago, AriesWarlock said:

How bad can it be?

Well I'll put it to you this way. Imagine you meet somebody, you get to talking about how you both like rock. You don't get much further in the convo but the guy invites you over to hang out, drink beers and listen to some records. So you go kick it with the guy, and the dude is like "bro, I love Imagine Dragons and 5 Finger Death Punch".

Shiiiiet, its technically rock but god damn, that's not all what you meant. And now you're stuck there listening to shitty ass Radioactive because you don't want to be rude.

That's the SF5 netcode.

Over at Guilty Gear Strive though, we eating with some cool stuff:

A homie just sent me this to give it a listen. Pretty interesting what I heard so far, you'd probably dig it too.