Stage Select

The Street Fighter V Thread, vol. 2

On 10/31/2021 at 11:37 AM, Sonero said:

A homie just sent me this to give it a listen. Pretty interesting what I heard so far, you'd probably dig it too.

A little. This kind of genre is like waves of sounds with many layers.  I think @M A R T I A Nwill like it, too. Reminds me a bit of cosmic death metal. I'll show you that later, I think you might like it.

I think you were once interested in Forex trading. There's some basics videos that show you what's it about. If it's interesting to you I can show you where to learn more for free. As a mathematician maybe you'll make money from it.

Spoiler

1 hour ago, DoctaMario said:

I don't necessarily like the man's opinions, but he's got a point. FGC is very much like what he's saying, at least online. 

Well Sonero hit on it, but him becoming a literally Snake Oil salesmen is what really did him in. He was hocking BS medical remedies on social media. It is was the straw the broke the camel's back for most people, myself included. He got a ALOT more leeway than I've seen anyway else in the FGC get. 

Edited by Darc_Requiem
11 hours ago, Sonero said:

No he doesn't. FGC is mostly funcitonally illiterate.

His natural remedies and Q nonsense can go chuck rocks at that fat dick that's at the bar he works at.

You miss my point. As far as I'm aware, it wasn't him selling dumb shit or believing in q conspiracies that got Twitch to change the pogchamp emote, it was what he said about the Capitol riots, which amounts to a difference of opinion. None of the people quote tweeting him are saying a word about anything but his opinions. If he's done stuff that's actually hurt people (actually, not in theory) then I get people not wanting him around, but if it's just more difference of opinion, then it's just another example of thfgc online being high school all over again. Nobody owes him their money or attention but if the FGC is truly about fighting games, acting like he shouldn't be a part of the community because he has opinions people don't like is a shit take. 

Edited by DoctaMario
3 minutes ago, DoctaMario said:

As far as I'm aware, it wasn't him selling dumb shit or believing in q conspiracies that got Twitch to change the pogchamp emote, it was what he said about the Capitol riots, which amounts to a difference of opinion.

Capital riot stuff is just the the cherry on top of him spending a year saying dumb shit for the sake of saying dumb shit.

That lady getting clapped by the cops is what would've happened 10/10 no questions asked if you have a bunch of people run into the capital and tell them they have to vote against the election results that were legally counted. Since that shit show happened, every claim made by those people have ended up being a bunch of bullshit. Sidney Powell's defense in one of the cases was going to be that nobody reasonable could've taken her seriously; a memo inside the Trump camp circulated saying that they didn't have any evidence; then Giuliani finished shitting on what was left of his legacy by admitting in some random interview that he got his evidence on FB.

He isn't fighting any stance on any damn principle over a fucking thing. Its literally him doing random hot takes that are just contrarian in nature for the sake of going against what he feels is the grain.

Even then it isn't like people are all that pressed about him. If he really thinks he can tweet all that random dumb shit and then end up being a commentator for SF5 well then don't know what to tell him. He can go buy a water filter or some shit.

1 hour ago, Sonero said:

Capital riot stuff is just the the cherry on top of him spending a year saying dumb shit for the sake of saying dumb shit.

That lady getting clapped by the cops is what would've happened 10/10 no questions asked if you have a bunch of people run into the capital and tell them they have to vote against the election results that were legally counted. Since that shit show happened, every claim made by those people have ended up being a bunch of bullshit. Sidney Powell's defense in one of the cases was going to be that nobody reasonable could've taken her seriously; a memo inside the Trump camp circulated saying that they didn't have any evidence; then Giuliani finished shitting on what was left of his legacy by admitting in some random interview that he got his evidence on FB.

He isn't fighting any stance on any damn principle over a fucking thing. Its literally him doing random hot takes that are just contrarian in nature for the sake of going against what he feels is the grain.

Even then it isn't like people are all that pressed about him. If he really thinks he can tweet all that random dumb shit and then end up being a commentator for SF5 well then don't know what to tell him. He can go buy a water filter or some shit.

There's a segment of the FGC that actually plays, the rest just thrives on meaningless drama because it's easier than admitting they're bad or that they don't have the wherewithal to keep training. Those folks are why it matters what people's opinions are more than how good they are at games. 

Edited by DoctaMario
24 minutes ago, DoctaMario said:

There's a segment of the FGC that actually plays, the rest just thrives on meaningless drama because it's easier than admitting they're bad or that they don't have the wherewithal to keep training. Those folks are why it matters what people's opinions are more than how good they are at games. 

That's fine and all but it has nothing to do with what gootecks actually said or the fact that the stuff he mentions was verifiable wrong.

Its neither here nor there, but the guy is pretending that he is some type of free speech super hero as opposed to the nut on the sidewalk. I've spoken to the nut on the sidewalk. One of them legit told me he was a secret spy assasin for the republican national convention.

So is what it is.

9 hours ago, Sonero said:

That's fine and all but it has nothing to do with what gootecks actually said or the fact that the stuff he mentions was verifiable wrong.

Its neither here nor there, but the guy is pretending that he is some type of free speech super hero as opposed to the nut on the sidewalk. I've spoken to the nut on the sidewalk. One of them legit told me he was a secret spy assasin for the republican national convention.

So is what it is.

enough of that GIF

4 hours ago, Mr.Cipher said:

I have a talent for looking at a cast, picking a character I like from the looks, play them, like them and then find out they are Top Tier.

I think one of the few exceptions are Rugal and Athena in 98.

I think my "worst" characters are High Tier on average.

So the rule, just play what you like applies to me 100%!

Tiers really won't matter unless you're already playing optimal. This is even more true for modern balanced games, especially after a couple of balance patches in. The really dumb bad stuff gets removed now and they try to put more of an emphasis on skill.