Stage Select

The Street Fighter V Thread, vol. 2

On 11/15/2021 at 3:18 PM, HeavensCloud said:

Yeah, both Brian F and Punk were pretty classy even in defeat.  You'd expect that from Brian but not necessarily from Punk.  Good stuff all around.

I also loved how Problem X "problem solved" NL and basically downloaded him to take 5 straight games.  NL had built up a ton of momentum and was basically wrecking everyone before Problem managed to turn the tide.  

I really enjoyed it. King X.

47 minutes ago, TWINBLADES_SRK said:

Got the KOF15 beta downloaded. See you guys this weekend

Only thing I can look forward in this beta is someone ripping XV's version of Goodbye Esaka and putting it on Youtube. (If y'all see one, @ me)

PC Struggle Race with another L. 😭

So I loaded up this wack ass game to try and play with a homie I hadn't seen in forever. 20 minutes to update it. Then turned on Ranked + Casual  on 4-5 bars....game takes 10 minutes to find a game. When I finally get one, its a laggy game against some dude on PC.

This all so damn garbage after months of great Strive netcode.

1 hour ago, Sonero said:

So I loaded up this wack ass game to try and play with a homie I hadn't seen in forever. 20 minutes to update it. Then turned on Ranked + Casual  on 4-5 bars....game takes 10 minutes to find a game. When I finally get one, its a laggy game against some dude on PC.

This all so damn garbage after months of great Strive netcode.

If you're on PS4 -  5 bar, PS4 only on the Grid is the only way to go.  

Punk is almost single-handedly trying to keep interest in SFV going. I guess he wants to make sure he can ride it out until SF6, and then probably transition out after that. The only way to really bring in new players and especially appeal to the younger gens is to play the heel. It's not a new concept though, Ali quite famously proved that was the best method, and was of course followed by RJJ, PBF and McGregor among others.

1 hour ago, elliephil said:

Has there actually been any proof that playing on the grid makes it less laggy? I was under the impression that it just hides the lag since there is nothing animated in the background.

The PS4 cannot maintain 60fps on any stage online.

The Grid was somewhat stable with 59fps I think.

Tournament standard btw.

2 minutes ago, Mr.Cipher said:

There are multiple stages that have regular framedrops, like the waterfall one or the Rain thingy one.

Dunno why online doesn't work properly, then again it's SFV, the online sits in a wheelchair and scrapes by anyway.

I see a section here about tournament organizers being able to disallow certain stages for CPT events at their discretion, but it doesn't rely imply that's it is tournament standard to use only the grid. I would assume CPT ruleset would be the standard cause eatsports. I will just assume it's a preference at this point, even though there is anecdotal evidence that it doesn't really matter, some connections will drop to 55 frames or worse online no matter what.

There was some LinkedIn profile going around saying that it was one guy who made the netcode for SFV. This was maybe 4 years ago so I have no idea how legit it was.

18 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Hey Cipher isn't the PS4 Pro more stable than he base unit. I remember feeling a difference with SFIV when I got the pro. It wasn't a good as PC but it felt much better.  Loads times were shorter too.

I do not remember if that was measured on the base or the Pro tbh.

If it was the pro, I don't want to know how bad the base version runs.

31 minutes ago, Mr.Cipher said:

I do not remember if that was measured on the base or the Pro tbh.

If it was the pro, I don't want to know how bad the base version runs.

I played it once.

It was noticeable even for me and after literal months of not playing it at all.

29 minutes ago, FlyingVe said:

So… I’ve been gone a while, mostly to to my job being complete shit for the last year.

Short version, now have a new job and may have time to play people again. Not sure if here is the best place but last time I was around we were playing SFV… kinda missed the strive boat though.

Strive is doing very well, but it hasn't really held on to a dominant portion of the mindshare.  Lots of people still playing SFV for the time being, and that should spike soon with the final DLC character supposed to drop before the end of the month.

5 hours ago, elliephil said:

I see a section here about tournament organizers being able to disallow certain stages for CPT events at their discretion, but it doesn't rely imply that's it is tournament standard to use only the grid. I would assume CPT ruleset would be the standard cause eatsports. I will just assume it's a preference at this point, even though there is anecdotal evidence that it doesn't really matter, some connections will drop to 55 frames or worse online no matter what.

There was some LinkedIn profile going around saying that it was one guy who made the netcode for SFV. This was maybe 4 years ago so I have no idea how legit it was.

A few of the recent online CPT events were done on the Grid specifically because it had less lag. A lot of these tournaments had a mod applied so the stream saw other stages, but it was in the rules for players to chose the grid only.

3 hours ago, EvilCanadian said:

I am already part of capcoms content creator program thing, ive streamed along with all the SFV seasonal updates to date

now after red bull kumite and being invited and being vip and all that shit means im even more powerful, so I can use my capcom link to force T.Hawk into sf6

Please put in good word for making Juri top tier with your Capcom buddies! 😎

11 hours ago, FlyingVe said:

So… I’ve been gone a while, mostly to to my job being complete shit for the last year.

Short version, now have a new job and may have time to play people again. Not sure if here is the best place but last time I was around we were playing SFV… kinda missed the strive boat though.

Congrats on the better job!  It frees up so much mindspace...

Strive is still going strong and gaining traction. It was added to the RedBull Kumite last week.

You just missed the earliest part of the meta when no one knew matchups. Now we've... got an idea.

But seriously, after experiencing Strive's netcode it's difficult to return to SFV.

If you want a rundown of Strive's cast - who's got good oki who doesn't etc - just ask. Just about all of us main a different character.