Stage Select

The Street Fighter V Thread, vol. 2

I think the most fun thing about Luke and his "massive impact" on the Street Fighter series moving forward is going to be seeing the developers gradually conceding that they missed the mark and phasing him out of the series. There's almost no chance this guy takes off as one of SF's more iconic characters.

I still don't hate him as much as useless characters like Blanka and Kage though. I hope to never see their like in SF6.

Edited by Yiceman
17 minutes ago, FlyingVe said:

So... I watched the Luke reveal and I don't get it. Why does his gameplay look interesting exactly? I mean, he doesn't look bad or anything, but he looks like a pretty standard SFV character for the most part.

• Three forward moving normals
  • Got a command dash
  • Cool projectile
  • Has zonk punch like Cody which I'm used to already
  • Can punish throws with his VS2 parry.  Something different from Shimmy is always nice
  • V-trigger is unique in the sense that it increases the gauge while doing damage and decreases if he gets hit.  If he plays his cards right he can keep the trigger going until the end of the round.   

Overall, aside from how he looks - I think they did a good job with him.  

12 hours ago, HeavensCloud said:
  • Three forward moving normals
  • Got a command dash
  • Cool projectile
  • Has zonk punch like Cody which I'm used to already
  • Can punish throws with his VS2 parry.  Something different from Shimmy is always nice
  • V-trigger is unique in the sense that it increases the gauge while doing damage and decreases if he gets hit.  If he plays his cards right he can keep the trigger going until the end of the round.   

Overall, aside from how he looks - I think they did a good job with him.  

Outside of them intentionally doing some dumb stuff with some of the characters, the newcomers have been pretty well designed. There's a lot of things you can get mad at SF5 for, but I think overall the SF5 newcomers were better than the SF4 newcomers.

Think they are almost at the 3S levels of "well yeah, you could've just made them into a separate franchise" type of level. Think if you skipped bringing back SF2 characters altogether and went forward with just the 3S cast + SF5 newcomers, it would've been a dope game. You know what? Maybe that would've gotten me to accept a lot of the wack mechanics in this game. Just take the name Street Fighter and it altogether.

12 hours ago, FlyingVe said:

That's not how this works. Once SFV ends and SF6 begins, SFV will be the best thing ever and SF6 will suck.

There are rules.

Nah, this game can go get dunked. I can easily find games in Strive. I loaded up SF5 last week to play some dude I hadn't seen in a while. While waiting for the lounge invite, I had both casual +ranked on for a solid ass 5 minutes before getting a match. The match was a crossplay one in casual that was laggy AF.

This game can Stay...Forever Bad.

🎵 May the good Ono be with you down every mix you do.
And may bad games and lagginess surround you when you're playing online.
And my you grow to be gold, but not super or more.
And v-trigger others as you'd have done to you.
Be fraudulent and be brave.
And in my heart you'll always stay
Forever Bad (Forever bad)

For...EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEVER BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD. 🎵
16 minutes ago, Sonero said:

Outside of them intentionally doing some dumb stuff with some of the characters, the newcomers have been pretty well designed. There's a lot of things you can get mad at SF5 for, but I think overall the SF5 newcomers were better than the SF4 newcomers.

Think they are almost at the 3S levels of "well yeah, you could've just made them into a separate franchise" type of level. Think if you skipped bringing back SF2 characters altogether and went forward with just the 3S cast + SF5 newcomers, it would've been a dope game. You know what? Maybe that would've gotten me to accept a lot of the wack mechanics in this game. Just take the name Street Fighter and it altogether.

Nah, this game can go get dunked. I can easily find games in Strive. I loaded up SF5 last week to play some dude I hadn't seen in a while. While waiting for the lounge invite, I had both casual +ranked on for a solid ass 5 minutes before getting a match. The match was a crossplay one in casual that was laggy AF.

This game can Stay...Forever Bad.

🎵 May the good Ono be with you down every mix you do.
And may bad games and lagginess surround you when you're playing online.
And my you grow to be gold, but not super or more.
And v-trigger others as you'd have done to you.
Be fraudulent and be brave.
And in my heart you'll always stay
Forever Bad (Forever bad)

For...EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEVER BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD. 🎵

Second verse same as the first.

Don’t count your blessings the new SF is always worse.

🙂

2 minutes ago, FlyingVe said:

Don’t count your blessings the new SF is always worse.

I don't have to count anything. The most I need to do is either save up for a PC or get a PS4 Pro so I can Strive harder and better.

SF6 being a PS5 game pretty much kills it for me unfortunately. I got a PS3 and for SF4, got a PS4 for SF5. SF6 would have to be Guilty Gear Strive levels of fun for me to consider it. By Strive levels of fun I mean that if my DP hits counter hit I get to erase somebody for their audacity.

If not, well I'm staying Bullshit BLAZING.

1 hour ago, Vhozite said:

SFV  for me is gonna end up like SF4. There are things I like about it but I can’t see myself playing it for any serious amount of time after 6 drops. Just like with 4, I’ll probably convince myself it wasn’t that bad, boot it up, then remember why I hate it 2 mins into labbing.

I’m probably in the same boat. While I do like SFV better than SF4…

… it’s not a true GOAT and I will be happy to move on.

7 minutes ago, FlyingVe said:

it’s not a true GOAT and I will be happy to move on.

It could've been one too. Think thats the part that'll bother me forever. Instead of making the game good, it stays really alright to lukewarm.

The fact that comebacks are forced into existence by game hasn't stopped being annoying. Even more so if you go to a game that doesn't have that issue.  

This game definitely has a large amount of things I dont want to see back. Its actually crazy how many of them I'm good never seeing again in an SF game.

2 hours ago, Sonero said:

It could've been one too. Think thats the part that'll bother me forever. Instead of making the game good, it stays really alright to lukewarm.

The fact that comebacks are forced into existence by game hasn't stopped being annoying. Even more so if you go to a game that doesn't have that issue.  

This game definitely has a large amount of things I dont want to see back. Its actually crazy how many of them I'm good never seeing again in an SF game.

I agree but.. you pretty much described every SF game.

they are all almost the chosen one except for a few things. Honestly, that’s true of basically every game.

4 hours ago, AriesWarlock said:

was her voice that annoying? Anyway, people are saying she's missing her abs from past games.

Yes her voice has always been grating. Also she is missing her abs. It's similar to Blue Mary. She's was really fit, slightly more buff than Cammy, in sprite form but they she has noodle arms in 3D. I like her KOFXV model but I was hoping they'd give her back her fit physique. Better than her KOFXIV model at least which was ugly with noodle arms.

740025165_BlueMarySprites.gif.1db1dda84846c53a7fb0a1313c36424e.gif139626783_KOFAngelSprite.gif.88016e6835fa3519f44cf79bce99a026.gif

Edited by Darc_Requiem