Stage Select

The Street Fighter V Thread

3 minutes ago, Dayaan said:

Yep! Every mode has its uses. Especially story mode- wait. Someone gave me the wrong Capshill script. I can't endorse this. @Cipher gimme the real one!

Story mode used to be a decent source of FM, now it's still worth it for meme shots.

Everything has an use.

22 minutes ago, DoctaMario said:

Imo it's a bad mechanic for a game where breaking your opponent's defense is  important and taking big risks is punished.

I sorta felt this way. But on the other hand, at least SNK is trying to put something in there to change up the game. 

23 minutes ago, DoctaMario said:

Part of me wonders if they're adding it to speed up the game a bit because even for SamSho this game is sssssssllloooooowwwww and very turtely, but instead of doing something meaningful like, say, giving the characters better frame data or more actual punish options, they went with this.

Yeah, cause you can't put out a trailer about framedata, homie. 

I won't say this is a good or bad mechanic, but I feel like it's really going to shake up the game

6 minutes ago, KingTubb said:

I sorta felt this way. But on the other hand, at least SNK is trying to put something in there to change up the game. 

Yeah, cause you can't put out a trailer about framedata, homie. 

I won't say this is a good or bad mechanic, but I feel like it's really going to shake up the game

Sure, but I'd argue it makes the game worse. It dumbs down offense a bit and makes things more predictable which, in a game like this is death. There are plenty of other things they could have done, the frame data thing would have been the best, imo, but they could have given the characters new punishes or moves and they would have been even better than a guard break mechanic. 

On the upside someone got into the code and it's possible Amakusa night be the 3rd dlc character this season so I'd be hype for that. 

1 hour ago, HeavensCloud said:

The other character is supposed to be Baiken.  I'm not one for guest characters but if they're going to do one, she seems like a good choice.  

If there was going to be a guest character, she makes sense since she's a samurai type warrior. So if she's in, I'm good with that since it makes sense with the rest of the vibe of the game. 

1 minute ago, HeavensCloud said:

Old news bruh.  Cipher already posted that to bolster his PC master race argument.  

Yeah, but like, 5 or 6 people got him on ignore already...

I-I mean, I didn't know, I just thought it was an interesting discussion, y'know? 😅

4 hours ago, Volt said:

Yeah, but like, 5 or 6 people got him on ignore already...

I-I mean, I didn't know, I just thought it was an interesting discussion, y'know? 😅

I think that the discussion while "interesting" in some way is moot.

The vast majority of the player base for most games will always be on consoles, so the ideal scenario should be actually about having parity on environment and potential of crossplay if possible (but not be an stupid ass that think is mandatory while ignoring the hurdles to have it)

Plus, at the end of the day, you play where the games you want and the people you usually play with are.

So if you like to play in pc or console that shouldn't be a a matter of concern outside of what you think works best for you.

I, personally, if possible, end double dipping on consoles and pc when i have people to play with on both.

But usually go with consoles because i prefer to have physical media, and with PC is very very rare those days, plus is more convenient for me when playing with friends and cousins locally or when i was organizing tournaments.

Edited by Hecatom
14 hours ago, Volt said:

Interesting discussion... 🤔

People might play it on PC but what TO in their right mind would ever host a tourney on one? I don't think it matters for the non-competitive playerbase, but for people who are going to be going to tournaments, console will probably be the main place to play unless there's a big difference in how it performs on one vs the other.

16 minutes ago, DoctaMario said:

but for people who are going to be going to tournaments, console will probably be the main place to play unless there's a big difference in how it performs on one vs the other.

I've also thought about this in regards to the power of your machine with online tournaments. 

Someone smarter than me fill me in, if my PC is running this game a booty butt settings, and homeboy I'm fighting is at Super Mega Extreme settings, could it effect the match? 

Or just mods on a PC could make TOing an online tournament harder too? 

Edited by KingTubb
31 minutes ago, KingTubb said:

I've also thought about this in regards to the power of your machine with online tournaments. 

Someone smarter than me fill me in, if my PC is running this game a booty butt settings, and homeboy I'm fighting is at Super Mega Extreme settings, could it effect the match? 

Or just mods on a PC could make TOing an online tournament harder too? 

I'm not even talking about an online tournament, just the potential for controller compatibility issues would make running a tourney on a PC a nightmare like that SFV PC tourney they ran in China somewhere. I don't even think hacking would be an issue for an online tourney because they could just Dq someone for that and it seems like it would be pretty obvious unless someone has crazy macros set up. 

I'm not sure if settings would be an issue online if the game runs at a stable frame rate. Consoles are plug and play and generally everyone is having thebsam experience across the board. 

Edited by DoctaMario