Stage Select

The Street Fighter V Thread

9 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

HiFight continues to put in work. 

Man so many people are discovering so many things. Shodokan is labbing Yun harder than ever, I'm saying Strive and SFV clips everywhere and Tekken is all hype Gouki shit.

I'm taking a stand. I'm going to be the first person to record a Daigo parry with the TRUE OPTIMAL punish, not that bullshit be pulled in 2004. What a scrub!

Hopefully I will have got it in the next week.

I did joined the costume contest last year not with Ryu but instead with Charlie Nash

I spend a week with costume concept, I didn't bother posting it because it did even make on the top 10

I don't draw anymore, but I still did still did manage to draw and trace it using a mouse pointer lol. I'm kinda surprise it still does look a decent for a concept art for a character

Since into more on UI and UX nowadays, So it ended up more on thematics and tons of subtle references that it even utilize the secret code hidden costume. 

I felt that it might have been looked too complicated because of too much symbolism and  it kinda two-in one costume because of the secret code or is it because I updated my first submission of the costume  to simplify the a single emblem.

Edited by Shakunetsu
3 minutes ago, KingTubb said:

That's the way to do it!

My wife found out that my birthday is on a Friday this year and is already trying to plan a weekend trip and all sorts of shit. 

No thank you

A friend of mine started doing that for me, but I don't celebrate birthdays...

I think she just wanted an excuse to go out 🙂

52 minutes ago, OPTIMUS124 said:

What online mode do you all typically play?

Also it seems like the connection quality indicator is BS. I've had more flawless 3-4 bar matches than 5. I did a ranked match last night with 5 Bars and I thought that Bison was getting his moves from Geras.  

Netplay fucking sucks and if you're still playing any fighting game with Street Fighter in it's name during this pandemic you're fucking up.

10 hours ago, AriesWarlock said:

I told @DoctaMariobut he seems to be strongly against it.

Imo it's a bad mechanic for a game where breaking your opponent's defense is  important and taking big risks is punished. Instead of being able to keep blocking if you want to and pick your moment to respond to also keep them guessing, now your hand is forced and they know if they keep chopping at you like a baboon, they'll eventually get something out of it. 

Part of me wonders if they're adding it to speed up the game a bit because even for SamSho this game is sssssssllloooooowwwww and very turtely, but instead of doing something meaningful like, say, giving the characters better frame data or more actual punish options, they went with this. Samsho7 is a good game in its own right but they've made some pretty questionable imo design choices and this is yet another one. It would be one thing if the damage weren't as high as it is, but that clip BornWinner posted is crazy. 

Edited by DoctaMario
1 hour ago, OPTIMUS124 said:

What online mode do you all typically play?

Also it seems like the connection quality indicator is BS. I've had more flawless 3-4 bar matches than 5. I did a ranked match last night with 5 Bars and I thought that Bison was getting his moves from Geras.  

The indicator gives a bunch of false positives because it displays all connections as 5 bars before settling on the real number.

As for what modes... Every one has its uses, but since you're just coming back to the fray, I'd recommend you to try some lobbies and casual before hopping on the ranked grind.

13 minutes ago, Volt said:

The indicator gives a bunch of false positives because it displays all connections as 5 bars before settling on the real number.

As for what modes... Every one has its uses, but since you're just coming back to the fray, I'd recommend you to try some lobbies and casual before hopping on the ranked grind.

Yep! Every mode has its uses. Especially story mode- wait. Someone gave me the wrong Capshill script. I can't endorse this. @Cipher gimme the real one!