Stage Select

The Street Fighter V Thread

So, if you to go to the SRK main page, you’ll see this:

“Hey FGC.

We’re excited to announce the Shoryuken.com and Evo have become part of a new joint partnership of Sony Interactive Entertainment and RTS. You can find out more about this announcement at evo.gg. For now, we’re suspending the site while we work through what this new partnership means for the future of SRK.

Thanks for your understanding and patience.”

Interesting that this was part of the deal. I guess the Cannons unloaded everything. The forums can stay dead for all I care though

Edited by Mattatsu

So the little time that i have i try to stream a bit on twitch.  I now have two accounts, one for Juri and one for Laura. I'll stream on both casually.

New account for Juri starting from zero to honor her costumes. I enjoy them quite a lot. And gonna continue to grind that Laura as well and see if i can pass  super plat with her.

Edited by Skort
21 minutes ago, Skort said:

So the little time that i have i try to stream a bit on twitch.  I now have two accounts, one for Juri and one for Laura. I'll stream on both casually.

New account for Juri starting from zero to honor her costumes. I enjoy them quite a lot. And gonna continue to grind that Laura as well and see if i can pass  super plat with her.

Oh great, then I can speak again too!

Was silent long enough.

Not that I could have added much to the two old man being self-absorbed in their world and the 3-4 post that came in here every day.

Guys step it up, this looks more like a graveyard than a forum.

50 minutes ago, Shakunetsu said:

correct me if I am wrong, so being Sony sponsor evo kinda mean that there is a likely that  events will be exclusive for FGs that release there games in PS?

Who knows.

It would suck if that would be the case for a potential sequel of KI.

But on the plus side if that happened, not more Smash taking up space 🤣

6 hours ago, KingTubb said:

Someone smarter than me fill me in, if my PC is running this game a booty butt settings, and homeboy I'm fighting is at Super Mega Extreme settings, could it effect the match? 

Probably not. As long as both of you are in the same framerate. Easiest way to know if that's happening is if using visually intensive stuff like supers and certain stages suddenly make things lag.

People in the SC6 Discord used to post some legendary lag spikes. Framerate drops on high-end machines. Wild shit.

6 hours ago, DoctaMario said:

People might play it on PC but what TO in their right mind would ever host a tourney on one? I don't think it matters for the non-competitive playerbase, but for people who are going to be going to tournaments, console will probably be the main place to play unless there's a big difference in how it performs on one vs the other.

Yeah, the biggest issue when it comes to PC is that PS4/5 is so much convenient and cheaper for offline events.

3 hours ago, Mattatsu said:

So, if you to go to the SRK main page, you’ll see this:

“Hey FGC.

We’re excited to announce the Shoryuken.com and Evo have become part of a new joint partnership of Sony Interactive Entertainment and RTS. You can find out more about this announcement at evo.gg. For now, we’re suspending the site while we work through what this new partnership means for the future of SRK.

Thanks for your understanding and patience.”

Interesting that this was part of the deal. I guess the Cannons unloaded everything. The forums can stay dead for all I care though

The EVO news are just crazy, ngl.

As for SRK...

Good_bye_SRK._Die_slow..png

8 minutes ago, misterBee said:

The more immediate question for me is whether or not there will be a new Sony-owned SRK with its own forum.  If so I imagine it'd be something like Capcom Unity.

EVO and SRK have always been linked but maybe they'll just drop the SRK side of things entirely going forward.

Forums have been read-only for weeks now, the front page of SRK is gone.

I think SRK might be done for real now.

17 minutes ago, misterBee said:

The more immediate question for me is whether or not there will be a new Sony-owned SRK with its own forum.  If so I imagine it'd be something like Capcom Unity.

EVO and SRK have always been linked but maybe they'll just drop the SRK side of things entirely going forward.

Doubtful. While there is a chance Sony wants to advertise the event in a unique way, it can easily be shared through existing social media platforms and promoted on the playstation through store ads and email blasts.

Edited by Jurassic
31 minutes ago, misterBee said:

SRK has been on read only since the last couple of weeks.

So is either dead, will be rebranded, or they will drop it altogether. 

Then add that technically speaking, Wiz owns SRK, while the Canons own Evo, and the 3 have been wanting to drop kick it to dead from many years ago.

Edited by Hecatom
44 minutes ago, misterBee said:

Forums? If they wanted their own community it will be in the form of a Reddit or Discord. 

17 hours ago, Mattatsu said:

Have you seen it? I didn’t like the original but heard the Snyder cut is much better

Completely different movie man. Zack Snyder is hit or miss with me but I enjoyed it. Cyborg really got jobbed in Whedon's cut. No wonder Ray Fisher was so damned salty. Despite it being 4 hours. There is like maybe 20 minutes of overlap as far as scenes go between both movies. On top of that they context is completely different. Also some of the reshoots Whedon did, even for what he was going for, were just plain dumb. There was zero reason for him to re-film Clark Kent and Lois at the Kent Farm. 

Edited by Darc_Requiem
1 hour ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Completely different movie man. Zack Snyder is hit or miss with me but I enjoyed it. Cyborg really got jobbed in Whedon's cut. No wonder Ray Fisher was so damned salty. Despite it being 4 hours. There is like maybe 20 minutes of overlap as far as scenes go between both movies. On top of that they context is completely different. Also someone of the reshoots Whedon did, even for what he was going for, were just plain dumb. There was zero reason for him to re-film Clark Kent and Lois at the Kent Farm. 

Darc, I agree with most of this. Snyder's cut sucks, but it's way better than the original, and haters like me gotta hold that. 

I have a lot to say, but for now I'll just say that the only character I thought was done well was Wonder Woman.

2 hours ago, Mattatsu said:

Have you seen it? I didn’t like the original but heard the Snyder cut is much better

Is waaaaaaaaaaaaaay better.

I am currently watching it again with my brother and nephew.

All the stuff i disliked from the old one is gone (which is all the shit that Wheadon did lol)

I know some people like Wheadon and dislike Snyder stuff, but for me Whadon always reduced the characters to c}caricatures, memes, etc.

It maybe work when he is in charge from beginning to end, but for JL it only served to make the movie worse, since you could see how it clashed with what Snyder wanted to do.

14 hours ago, Hecatom said:

Is waaaaaaaaaaaaaay better.

I am currently watching it again with my brother and nephew.

All the stuff i disliked from the old one is gone (which is all the shit that Wheadon did lol)

I know some people like Wheadon and dislike Snyder stuff, but for me Whadon always reduced the characters to c}caricatures, memes, etc.

It maybe work when he is in charge from beginning to end, but for JL it only served to make the movie worse, since you could see how it clashed with what Snyder wanted to do.

Bruh...

Spoiler

Am I the only one that wants a movie about the Greek Gods? Zeus, Ares, and Artermis where handing out Ls left right fam. Like how the fuck aren't more of them around. Zeus just hit the mother boxes with a lighting bolt and broke them apart. Superman and Cyborg had to give it their all to do the same. Ares hit Darkseid like Thor did Thanos in Infinity War, damn near took his arm off with his axe. Artemis  is like that Asian budget cosplay dude, because she never misses. 

Edited by Darc_Requiem
4 hours ago, misterBee said:

While it's true very few people use forums, a lot of major games (especially  multiplayer ones) still have dedicated forums.  Destiny 2 and Apex both have official forums in addition to their more popular subreddits.

1 hour ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Bruh...

Hide contents

Am I the only one that wants a movie about the Greek Gods? Zeus, Ares, and Artermis where handing out Ls left right fam. Like how the fuck aren't more of them around. Zeus just hit the mother boxes with a lighting bolt and broke them apart. Superman and Cyborg had to give it their all to do the same. Ares hit Darkseid like Thor did Thanos in Infinity War, damn near too his arm off with his axe. Artemis  is like that Asian budget cosplay dude, because she never misses. 

Spoiler

You are not the only one.
The moment my brother and i saw that scene we were talking about how great that shit would be as a movie.
I liked that they put the Greek Gods on par of Darkseid and that combined they can best him.

IIRC, they are no more because they were no longer prayed to. (Depending of the comic continuity since in others they are still around)

It is what gave rise to the new gods.

But yeah, it would be nice their story is explored.

I also loved that Flash and Cyborg had a major role on the story.

Is clear that Snyder is taking the opportunity to set their movies/hbo max series? and continue the vision he had from the beginning that sadly the execs in their fear of being left behind by marvel rushed and fucked.

I really want to see they have for Autumn.

Edited by Hecatom
56 minutes ago, Phantom_Miria said:

Well, I can't wait to see what awful corporate fuckery Sony will hamfist into their EVO now.

Maybe but, is it any worse than the last 3/4 years? People have been consistently complaining about one thing or another when it comes to Evo. They went silent when all the touchy feely stuff happened in the Evo after parties. They also never do any type of post-tournament communications about how they are improving anything. So does that get worse with a corporation...realistically?

The Cannons did a lot for this hobby, but communication was never their strong point. Having a corporate PR person, and somebody on the twitter account who is getting paid to pay attention may actually mean they have to respond to stuff quicker.

Who knows though. They tossed MrWizard like a sack of hot 💩 based on one allegation. They did that a lot quicker than a corporation would; so if its a situation with people getting canceled over some allegations, Corporate would move just as quickly.

As is, paying for space at Evo was expensive. Similarly with getting a commercial to air at Evo. A corporate structure won't change that. It might change all the community run tournaments that happen at Evo. That's probably going to be where eventually  things get split.

On 3/5/2021 at 6:18 PM, AriesWarlock said:

Another thing to consider, PC ports of Japanese games (the ones I am interested in anyway) are badly optimized. Dead or Alive 5, Nier Automata, Nioh, DMC3, etc. While on console you know it's going to play without as many hiccups. You may get lucky if modders decide to fix a game, but good luck with that.

Well, well, well

Reports: Nier: Automata's New PC Version Is Better Than The Busted Original Release

A new PC version of Nier: Automata, part of the Become As Gods Edition, has just been released on the Microsoft Store and Game Pass. And early reports are that, unlike the version available on Steam, this one actually works.

https://kotaku.com/reports-nier-automatas-new-pc-version-is-better-than-1846500793

So, if you bought it on Steam you are out of luck.

43 minutes ago, Reticently said:

"After a long and excruciating legal battle the Supreme Court of the United States has ruled that Sony Corporation is the only legal owner of LIJoeTM physical likeness and has exclusive rights on its usage and financial gains related to it. Joe CiaramelliTM was then sentenced to pay Sony a monthly rent in order to keep using his name and facial structure, which are now legally owned by Sony, and should he be unable to pay for it then the Justices have ruled that a new name will be assigned to him though an internet-based Random-Name-Generator and his face will be surgically removed to be returned to Sony Corporation.

The Justices cited the movie starring Nicolas Cage and John Travolta, Face/Off, as inspiration for their ruling."

I just wanna say that while the implications of Sony owning the Evo brand is somewhat dubious especially after the Core Values ™ fiasco I for now will put that aside to talk abut the main issue. Smash being gutted from the line up not only makes me as happy as a 10 year old boy discovering his first nudey mag. But it also fills me with the pride of a father who lives vicariously through his son who he pushed to be the best sports ball player and now gets to kick back living in the home his son bought for him. 

Much like the big tech censorship fear mongering from conservatives, I can completely understand why anyone of any political affiliation should be concerned. But because I hate conservatives much like I hate Smash players I could give two flying fucks that they're getting raked over the coals. I can't believe I lived long enough to see Melee and SmashU got completely annihilated from Evo completely. 

Evo line up will finally be all clean brand new games under Sony. I'll probably have to deal with Cammy in a burka but it is a sacrifice I'm willing to make if that mean the disgusting stench of Smash is wiped from the face of Evo.  

We made it to the promise land boys.

1 hour ago, TWINBLADES_SRK said:

I just wanna say that while the implications of Sony owning the Evo brand is somewhat dubious especially after the Core Values ™ fiasco I for now will put that aside to talk abut the main issue. Smash being gutted from the line up not only makes me as happy as a 10 year old boy discovering his first nudey mag. But it also fills me with the pride of a father who lives vicariously through his son who he pushed to be the best sports ball player and now gets to kick back living in the home his son bought for him. 

Much like the big tech censorship fear mongering from conservatives, I can completely understand why anyone of any political affiliation should be concerned. But because I hate conservatives much like I hate Smash players I could give two flying fucks that they're getting raked over the coals. I can't believe I lived long enough to see Melee and SmashU got completely annihilated from Evo completely. 

Evo line up will finally be all clean brand new games under Sony. I'll probably have to deal with Cammy in a burka but it is a sacrifice I'm willing to make if that mean the disgusting stench of Smash is wiped from the face of Evo.  

We made it to the promise land boys.

You tryna push a r/Kappa copypasta or something? 🤣

I'm a little more worried it's the beginning of the end for the FGC as we knew it.

EVO's gonna turn into the FG equivalent of the Video Game Awards where it's all corporate cringe and circle jerking.

I've seen all manner of other majors rise and fall - remember when Canada Cup was the one to watch? - but EVO was our rock. Until arguably Covid there was never a truly bad EVO. It was always always the one tourney you wouldn't miss. 

I'm afraid we just sold our soul.

The FGC has degraded since Social Media got more and more power.

Best thing is to keep communities who exist together and help to build them up more.

So basically make this site here a shinning example for the rest of the community.

I could also now go into detail how I think that certain games don'thave communities, only player, but I already texted Skort to death with this so I rather not...... again.

I really hate to be a downer but I'd have to agree with @Mr.Cipher, @Pair of Rooks,  @Phantom_Miriaand others on this thread: 

Sony has been a bit more of mess over the last couple of years. Then you take into consideration what Mr. Wiz is guilty of (along with his sickening contradictions) from last year. 

Several years back, I was enthusiastic about the idea of at least going to EVO to compete. But, I don't think EVO is really the "end-all be-all" of fighting games anymore. At least not in the way that a portion of people would think. 

4 minutes ago, GreatDarkHero said:

I really hate to be a downer but I'd have to agree with @Mr.Cipher, @Pair of Rooks,  @Phantom_Miriaand others on this thread: 

Sony has been a bit more of mess over the last couple of years. Then you take into consideration what Mr. Wiz is guilty of (along with his sickening contradictions) from last year. 

Several years back, I was enthusiastic about the idea of at least going to EVO to compete. But, I don't think EVO is really the "end-all be-all" of fighting games anymore. At least not in the way that a portion of people would think. 

It hasn't been for a while.

Truth be told, Evo was getting taken over by eSports fuckery for a while now, I don't think I need to remind you about DEFAULT Cammy, Mika and Gief being banned on stream because of ESPN.

This is just a continuation on that front.