Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread

"That's some real fucked-up shit you said."

"No it's not as fucked-up as you think when you read it in context!  I'll explain everything said!"

EDIT: What's a good image host that will let me link to this forum?  All the formerly good ones hate direct linking nowadays

Edited by Saikyotic
1 hour ago, misterBee said:

Somebody on SRK was saying how the colors and fonts on this site were terrible and super hard to read.  I almost never go there so it's sheer luck that I came across their comments.

The Black Theme always works for me in both mobile and desktop.

Im on black theme in new modern FB desktop but still white on mobile.

While I keep all white theme with twitter for both desktop and mobile.

In SRK I used white theme for desktop and black for mobile.

It might be what they are accustomed into plus the screen they are using. More contrasting colors would help visibility and readibility if there was a problem with screen brightness of there phones and monitors.

Edited by Shakunetsu
2 hours ago, misterBee said:

Somebody on SRK was saying how the colors and fonts on this site were terrible and super hard to read

If I'm remembering who that was, he has serious health issues with his eyes that he's discussed publicly before.  It might be worthwhile to reach out to him directly and ask what changes would be helpful  (even if you have to do it over on SRK).

finally saw the season finale of Raised by Wolves... this show continues to be my top rank new thing, man... I love everything about it.  It was a relief that a certain thing was revealed at the end; it's best to be as vague as possible about that situation since I wouldn't want anyone to be spoiled on this incredible show.  Throughout the whole season this story was fairly unpredictable in the best possible way.

If you like sci-fi at all you must behold the greatness of this show

Edited by MillionX
9 minutes ago, Reticently said:

We just dropped $11k getting a new furnace and central air.  Finally put that stimulus money to good use.

Ah, we're renters. House is old and hasn't had anything updated in it in a while.

Wouldnt surprise me if we had massive insulation problems. We're at that weird time when its too hot at 9 pm but too cold at 5 am when you turn on the swamp cooler.

My nether regions aint having this 

3 hours ago, Mattatsu said:

Everything good?

Yeah, for the most part. I'm just belly aching. 

My sister in law is coming to visit tomorrow with our 5 year old nephew. Normally, I wouldn't mind this, but my birthday is tomorrow. So instead of sitting in my underwear, drinking beer, playing video games, and seeing a friend or two like I would like to for my birthday weekend, I'm going to be chauffeuring them around the city and entertaining. 

And my wife got me a new hitbox case as a gift, but it hasn't shipped. She ordered it 2 weeks ago, and I keep telling her that she needs to email them cause the order snuck past them, but she has so much anxiety about it that she's not going to do it. And she won't let me email them cause it would "ruin the surprise" 😑

I just wanna get drunk and build a new hitbox 😭

4 minutes ago, Reticently said:

depending on the AC situation.  

We have a swamp cooler. Central air is sort of a fancy thing to have in El Paso.

May have to hit up the landlord and asked for the house to be switched to heating. The catch there is that when we do that, El Paso goes through its weird Autumn heatwave. Real life nature mix ups in this city.

1 minute ago, Sonero said:

We have a swamp cooler. Central air is sort of a fancy thing to have in El Paso.

May have to hit up the landlord and asked for the house to be switched to heating. The catch there is that when we do that, El Paso goes through its weird Autumn heatwave. Real life nature mix ups in this city.

Yeah, I just mean that if you seal up the windows too early in the year and the cooler sucks, you might just turn the house into an oven.

On the other hand if the cooler is good it might actually help keep the heat out, so who knows.

23 minutes ago, DangerousJ said:

Uneven temperatures in different parts is usually a result of that.

That's a very distinct possibility.

They had to do some work when they last replaced the swamp cooler. Turned out some of the ducts were just as tore up as the swamp cooler. Wife and I are already saving up for the house. at least that's gonna be the goal next year. Stupid CoVid though. I should be certified and teaching these kids. But people just can't play ball.

Every time I see somebody not covering their nose... 😭

Edited by Sonero
1 minute ago, Saikyotic said:

Imgur doesn't seem to allow direct linking of the image but linking to the imgur page of the image.  Is there a workaround or an option I'm overlooking?  If I paste this into "Insert image from URL"

http://imgur.com/a/janx5YB

it doesn't work.

I right click and copy video address

Not sure how to embed mp4 though

https://i.imgur.com/I9ei0Kp.mp4

@misterBee any ideas?

Edited by odin
45 minutes ago, AriesWarlock said:

There's some embed code on each of imgur images and videos, but I can't get it to work with the code button on the menu here.

1 hour ago, Saikyotic said:

Imgur doesn't seem to allow direct linking of the image but linking to the imgur page of the image.  Is there a workaround or an option I'm overlooking?  If I paste this into "Insert image from URL"

http://imgur.com/a/janx5YB

it doesn't work.

igiFWX6.jpg

Here's an image I posted from imgur.

When you click an image it will show numerous link options for the image.  You want the one that is called 'DIRECT LINK'.  Simply copy/paste the URL from 'DIRECT LINK' into the forum text box.  No need to use the link button or anything else.  It will auto-embed immediately.

This works with any image.  All you need is a clean image URL and you can paste it into the text editor here on the forums.

Here is one that I grabbed from Google image search.  Right click the image and choose "Copy image link/Copy image URL" (depending on your browser).  Then simply paste the URL in the text editor:

30917-menu-Street-Fighter-Zero-3-Upper.j

Note to people on Samsung. You can press the share option on images and activate link sharing for the image. It will automatically give you a link that will give the image. Here's an example:

https://linksharing.samsungcloud.com/Zb0EmlQxmu1N

The only reason I bring this up is because until Megashock gets a way to upload images without a link, you don't need Imgur or anything like that to upload images. It's actually must faster than Samsung users think it would be. You're welcome!

Edited by Dayaan
30 minutes ago, odin said:

Man... This sounds like every AC/DC song ever. They really never strayed away from their formula lol

I remember reading an interview with them in a guitar magazine years ago and the interviewer asked them how they responded to the charges that they'd just made the same album 13 times and they were like, "That's a dirty lie! We've made the same album 14 times!" 🤣 But man what an album though.

Gotta say though, it's not easy basically staying the same in a career that long. George Strait did it too and it's paid dividends for him; he's one of the only country artists who has stayed relevant basically his entire career and retired relevant

Edited by DoctaMario
6 minutes ago, DoctaMario said:

I remember reading an interview with them in a guitar magazine years ago and the interviewer asked them how they responded to the charges that they'd just made the same album 13 times and they were like, "That's a dirty lie! We've made the same album 14 times!"

Now we gotta know:

@odin were you in the Phil Collins defense squad?