Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

7 hours ago, zatalcon3 said:

private forums mean something that is exclusive to a specific demographic or people not because you have to sign up. 

There is no rules i've been breaking that is anywhere above everyone else, such as you. Dating fat ugly girls isn't a bad thing. 

Let's be super clear here.

This place is an authoritarian dictatorship.  I built this place, I pay for this place, and I decide what is and isn't allowed.  The only people who have SOME sway here are Patrons, but I don't have to listen to them either.

There are several people in here who have said some questionable shit, but the reason you're in my crosshairs is because you keep talking about the same shit over and over, despite the fact that I and others have requested you stop.  Most people learn their lesson after a warning or two, but you don't seem to get it.

I DO NOT tolerate members insulting each other or each others' families.

I DO NOT tolerate people who refuse to stop talking about certain shit when asked nicely.

I DO NOT tolerate harassment / outright bigotry.

I DO NOT want to spend all my free time policing this place.  I have enough on my plate as it is.

If I ask you to quit certain behaviors and you refuse to comply, I WILL ban you.

Thank you for coming to my TED talk.

judge restore GIF

The new Pinhead from the upcoming Hellraiser reboot has been revealed and now we won't sleep tonight

Actress Jamie Clayton's take on the character made iconic by Doug Bradley looks set to be suitably terrifying

p6CzJnKFRbX3qSKjfXBNPT-970-80.jpg.webp

A fresh take on the Hellraiser franchise is set to arrive next month, and its new version of the series' iconic antagonist has finally been revealed. Hellraiser, a reboot based on both the original film series and its source material, Clive Barker's 1986 horror novella The Hellbound Heart, is due for release on October 7 via Hulu, and its version of Pinhead - the beloved horror icon made famous by English actor Doug Bradley - will be played by American actress Jamie Clayton (Sense8).

Finally, the first image of the new Pinhead has been revealed by production company Spyglass, and it looks like Clayton's take on the character is going to be a terrifying one.

We felt a kind of anticipation around the fans to reimagine the character," Director David Bruckner tells Entertainment Weekly. "We knew we wanted Pinhead to be a woman. Jamie was just the right person for the role. A person's identity can be really exciting for a role in many ways [Clayton is a trans woman], but I have to emphasize that Jamie absolutely killed, that's how we got there.

In The Hellbound Heart, Pinhead - unnamed in the novel - is described as an androgynous being with a high-pitched, feminine voice - something which was in stark contrast to Doug Bradley's booming, deep-voiced take on the character.

"What Doug Bradley did with the character is so iconic," the director adds. "We didn't want to do a Doug Bradley impression, we just didn't think that's possible to do. There will be suffering, but you're going to get a sense of what Pinhead's desires might be in a way that hits a little different."

Bruckner also tells Entertainment Weekly that the film's plot will focus on a young addict who ends up being exposed to the famed Lament Configuration puzzlebox that summons the Cenobites. He also reveals that as well as a new Pinhead, we'll be seeing some brand new Cenobites that have never been on screen before.

The original Hellraiser film was released in 1987, spawning nine sequels, all but two starring Doug Bradley as Pinhead. The most recent sequel, Hellraiser: Revalations, was released in 2018.

24 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Mike McDaniel has really interesting background. A lot his mom's side of his family disowned her for marrying a black man. He can "pass for white" so he's heard fucked up things because people didn't realize he's half black. 

My wife is white/Persian and she basically looks ethnically ambiguous, some people think she is Hispanic and some people think she's a Jew.  Most of the time people want to know what her ethnic background is to decide if they need to be mad at her or not.  Hispanic dudes usually think I stole one of their light skins so I usually get glared at by them when we are out together.  We've also had a few anti-Semitic remarks from older couples which is always kind of funny to me because it's not even the least bit threatening or scary.

2 minutes ago, DangerousJ said:

Once you go Persian, you don't want another version.

Does she speak Farsi?

No but her mom and aunts are straight up from Iran so she can understand quite a bit of the language.  She never learned it because her grandfather was given political asylum and since her mom is married to an American they can never go back to visit.  There is just too much of a chance of ending up in political prison in Iran and that's not somewhere you want to be in prison.  It makes US prison look like a country club. 

Hopefully the new Hellraiser will bring the franchise back to prominence... I am one of the only people that enjoyed the 4th film apparently... but everything after that point was either forgettable or straight up trash.

1987 was a legendary year... I forgot that's when the original Hellraiser was released.  It is also the year that blessed us with The Lost Boys and Near Dark, so that's always what comes to mind when I think of that year.  It was also the year of the original Predator movie.  Sheeeittt, 1987 was too strong.

Edited by MillionX
15 minutes ago, Chadouken said:

Monster Squad

That's one of those movies that's "technically" for kids BUT it comes outs strong with F slurs against gays and then they gotta sacrifice a virgin; which then leads to a convo about how one of the character's sister isn't one but the 4 year old girl is.

Great way to get fired as a teacher if you accidentally show that from what you remember of it. Sort of how the OG Bad News Bears is kinda okay maybe until one of the player smokes and another goes on a rant about how the team is full of every type of minority. 👀

Oh, I forgot about that... well, that goes on the list of movies to buy on physical media asap before the usual types in Hollywood at the moment suddenly become aware or remember it and think "oh yeah... we need to *fix* that..." and either edit the shit or erase that movie completely.  This is also why I snatched up that blu-ray of "Revenge of the Nerds" recently when I found it.

Full Metal Jacket is a highly regarded film from a respected, legendary director... BUT it wouldn't surprise me if someone eventually raises a stink about that one as well, due to how "problematic" and harsh they'd say Sgt. Hartman is. 

54 minutes ago, MillionX said:

Hopefully the new Hellraiser will bring the franchise back to prominence... I am one of the only people that enjoyed the 4th film apparently... but everything after that point was either forgettable or straight up trash....

I agree, they were extremely watchable up to four, but HOLY SHIT were they awful after that.  Hellraiser 2 is my favorite of the bunch, I remember that movie scaring the ever loving shit out of me as a kid and watching it a few years ago.  It held up pretty well considering the time it was made.

Edited by J-ride

Chris Rock Finally Takes Swipe at Will Smith Oscar Slap Saying the Actor ‘Did an Impression of a Perfect Person’ and then ‘Ripped His Mask Off’

Untitled-design-2022-09-02T145309.145-20

Chris Rock was notably blunt about the Will Smith Oscars slap during a recent stand-up show in England.

Rock performed Thursday night at the M&S Bank Arena in Liverpool, England alongside guest comic, Dave Chappelle, on the latest stop of Rock’s Ego Death World Tour.

According to The Daily Mail, Rock was remarkably adamant about sharing his viewpoint of Smith during the show.

Did that shit hurt? Goddamn right. The motherfucker hit me over a bullshit joke, the nicest joke I ever told.

Will did the impression of a perfect person for 30 years, and he ripped his mask off and showed us he was as ugly as the rest of us.

Whatever the consequences are — I hope he doesn’t put his mask back on again, and lets his real face breathe. I see myself in both men.

This comes just months after Smith issued a very public apology to the comedian via YouTube, saying, “Chris, I apologize to you. My behavior was unacceptable and I’m here whenever you’re ready to talk.”

Shortly after the slap, Rock’s comedy tour ticket prices soared and shows began to sell out quickly. Since then, Rock has been slowly working the Oscar slap story into his stand-ups sets.

Back in July, he joked at a gig that despite the drama surrounding the incident, he was no victim. “Yeah, that shit hurt, motherfucker — but I shook that shit off and went to work the next day. I don’t go to the hospital for a paper cut.”

Earlier this week, Rock reportedly turned down the opportunity to host the Oscars ceremony next year.

42 minutes ago, J-ride said:

I agree, they were extremely watchable up to four, but HOLY SHIT were they awful after that.  Hellraiser 2 is my favorite of the bunch, I remember that movie scaring the ever loving shit out of me as a kid and watching it a few years ago.  It held up pretty well considering the time it was made.

I watched all of them except for...think the very last one or two that came out. Honestly I think you guys are sleeping on the one that's a detective novel. That one had a dope ass premise to it and, if it had a better script, maybe could've been a super slam dunk of a movie at the box office with a better budget.

The one with the guy cheating on his wife had some oomph to it to, specially with what the ending is. 👀

Hellworld was some ol' bullshit though.

8 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

Judge Judy Reaction GIF

I watched a lil bit of the beginning...skips around to the middle.  Like axeman61 said this shit is cringe AF but still looking at this objectively this doesn't really prove anything since this is still skit.  I'd imagine if this is all they got then it's going to be an uphill battle for them.

Yeah, this is, in all likelihood, simple extortion.

But MAN. I thought She-Hulk twerking was the cringiest thing I'd see this week. This shit knocked it CLEAR out of the park. I don't even remember what I was mad about with She-Hulk now.

Edited by axeman61
54 minutes ago, HD-Man said:

Yea, I don't think this is anything they can get them on legally. But the optics on this is SO bad, I think their careers are probably gonna take a nasty hit if not over entirely. Idk why they thought this was a good way to bring awareness 

If this is all they have I wouldn't be worried.  It's cringe but nothing that I see people canceling shows over.  

1 hour ago, HD-Man said:

Oh nah....this is mad uncomfortable 

You know, years ago Dakota Fanning did a movie where she got violently raped. think she was 12 when she did it.

Motherfuckers really need to think 20 times before doing some shit like this. Had a kid in a sexualized position rolling around in his underwear? FOH with that.