Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

Just now, VirginDefiler said:

snip

Yeah, but you can't call it their flagship game, when they don't really profit from it outside the deals for developing it.

All the cash banucka goes to Bandai Namco.

At best, what they get is more eyes into what they develop, and potential deals from other ip holders that could be interested on them developing their games.

Is their more recognizable game, hell yeah.

Is it their flagship, no, since they don't own it, and they don't profit from it.

Is like saying that Platinum's flagship game is either Metal Gear Revengance or Nier Automata because they are more well known and lets say sold better than Bayo (this is an example, i dont have exact numbers, but i wouldnt be surprised if is true at least for Nier)

As we saw with the remake of the previous Nier, Square used the Automata template for it, but didnt have platinum involved with it.

Something similar could happen with DBFZ 2, where the next game is internally developed by Namco with the tools and code made by ASW.

11 minutes ago, VirginDefiler said:

does he hate assist based fighters? tag team fg?

i guess he aint gonna like project L then.

im pretty hyped about L's release. that ggpo rollback netcode is gonna be divine. 

edit:

i've always sorta wished snk had gone done further side games where they did assist/tag fighters.

kof 11's tags to continu combos was sorta lit. 

heres my excuse to post kof xi tag combos.

That is the funny thing, he loves mvc3, and to certain extent, mvci, so is not that is a tag team game.

Is the length of combos and other shit that is too long to mention but you can see all the same problems on mvc3.

Which is the type of circular discussions we had for years now.

Regarding Project L.

I am interested, but not really that enthusiastic about it.

The little they have shown has me worried that will end being a meme game like Power Rangers Battle of the Grid, since some people behind that game are also behind PL.

And for what we saw, it seems that long combos could be end being the norm, which btw, i dont mind long combos, but seeing how they are taking steps into making it an accessible game, the combination of a team fighter and long combos usually tends to shoo away players, and with the simplified inputs (and we don't know if it will have auto combos) it will certainly breed a lot of scrubs complaining about the game requiring no skill.

Then we have a patch trigger happy company, that also loves to have an iron grip over the competitive side of their games, and that i know will clash with the fgc.

And lastly, the LoL community being as infamous as it is, i know will be something else when they mix with us.

that would be worse than the 09ers, that is for sure.

The culture clash will be severe on both sides, plus like with the smash community, i can see them inventing their own terms for stuff we already have terminology.

Edited by Hecatom
48 minutes ago, VirginDefiler said:

yea i know dbfz isnt their in house ip. but its their flagship lets be honest.

guilty gear sells like shit. so does everything else they do.

dbfz is huge. huge. in sales. in player base. 

its arcsys's biggest game by a landslide.

Previous ggs sold OK... Strive sold like gangbusters. But let's be real arcsys never put the marketing budget into advertising previous editions like they did with strive. 

Edited by Maxx
1 hour ago, Hecatom said:

Like i said before, i find amusing how most of the things you dislike about dbfz are shit that are way worse on mvc3 and mvci 🤣

You are a weird one bro 🤣

Oh it's not that I don't acknowledge it has similarities with those games, I just think it's boring as fuck compared to any other marvel game I've played. The combos can be fun, I'll give it that.

11 minutes ago, Maxx said:

Previous ggs sold OK... Strive sold like gangbusters. But let's be real arcsys never put the marketing budget into advertising previous editions like they did with strive. 

Doing some digging, Strive has not really sold particularly better than Xrd.

It sold more in the same time frame than what the 1st Xrd sold, yes, but the increase seems to be not as significant as people may think.

And apparently, its DLC has sold less than what their other games have sold.

But i think that is because outside Jack-O, not many people found the 1st char compelling, and is still too early to know if Happy Chaos will move units.

And this is not my dislike of the game talking, is just what i have been keeping track of, since i am one of the admins of the biggest Latam online fg communities, and still organize some events from time to time for the local communities (i kind of stepped down, but as one of the old guard i still get called upon when they need help)

Also, i have been hearing a lot of mixed stuff regardless the helth of the game, with some people saying is doing good, and others (specially newcomers that came with Strive) saying that is not as healthy as it was when they started, so dunno in that regard.

Maybe is just that they are not accustomed with games being niche, since many of the newcomers come from DBFZ as their 1st fg, or from MK.

13 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

Doing some digging, Strive has not really sold particularly better than Xrd.

It sold more in the same time frame than what the 1st Xrd sold, yes, but the increase seems to be not as significant as people may think.

And apparently, its DLC has sold less than what their other games have sold.

But i think that is because outside Jack-O, not many people found the 1st char compelling, and is still too early to know if Happy Chaos will move units.

And this is not my dislike of the game talking, is just what i have been keeping track of, since i am one of the admins of the biggest Latam online fg communities, and still organize some events from time to time for the local communities (i kind of stepped down, but as one of the old guard i still get called upon when they need help)

Also, i have been hearing a lot of mixed stuff regardless the helth of the game, with some people saying is doing good, and others (specially newcomers that came with Strive) saying that is not as healthy as it was when they started, so dunno in that regard.

Maybe is just that they are not accustomed with games being niche, since many of the newcomers come from DBFZ as their 1st fg, or from MK.

People are waiting to see how happy chaos plays. He only dropped last week and it was for only season pass people at first. Also no tournaments have gone down since his drop. 

DLC in general aren't a ton of legacy characters.. Ino and Jack o are the main legacy dlcs so far. No slayer or anything like that. 

If it sold more then xrd in the same time frame that's good. It's not been out that long, the biggest tournament for the game so far I think has been redbull kumite. Nothing like an Evo or combo breaker yet in person til this weekend with ceo. 

Just now, iStu X said:

KOFXI is the best KOF and I’ll die on that hill. 

It doesnt have Angel, so that alone disqualifies it from being the best 🔪

But it added Momoko and Oswald, so for that is allowed to be contender of the 2nd best (Elisabeth also helps).

Jokes aside, is one of my favorites.

Too bad is one of the ones i played the less due how scarce the arcades for it where back in the day, and by the time that we got the home port, people were already moving on to other games 😕

4 hours ago, Hecatom said:

Thanks.

It seems i missed DBFZ, but have the chance for BBTAG and GBFVS.

I assume that MBTL came too late for them to have it in the lineup, but there is probably a side tournament, so gonna search for it.

Hopefully there are also side events for GGAC, GGXrd and UNICLr.

Is Strive there? Don't see it. Wanna see some more match material to yoink for my Ram.

Video: Fight Erupts Between Rap Groups Bone Thugs-N-Harmony, Three 6 Mafia During ‘Verzuz’ Battle

A brawl broke out between rap groups Bone Thugs-N-Harmony and Three 6 Mafia on stage during a Verzuz rap battle at the Hollywood Palladium in Los Angeles, California, Thursday night. The fight came after a member of Bone Thugs-N-Harmony called Three 6 Mafia “devil worshippers” and suggested the group’s name is a nod to “the mark of the beast.”

The brawl — which caused the show to stop — ensued shortly after Bone Thugs-N-Harmony’s Bizzy Bone accused Three 6 Mafia of “mocking” him, according to a report by TMZ

“Hey yo, hey yo, before we even get started, you ugly muthafuckas ain’t finna to be mocking me while I’m on muthafuckin’ stage,” Bizzy said. “Okay? Straight the fuck up.”

Three 6 Mafia’s Juicy J responded to Bizzy, stating, “Suck my dick.”

The rappers then appeared to throw objects at each other, which was then followed by a physical fight.

Security members then appear to intervene. Eventually, the show resumed with Bizzy apologizing for the incident.

“I wanna apologize to everybody the fuck out here,” the rapper said. “On both sides. I’m not trying to fuck this shit up. Pardon me. Let’s keep the party motherfuckin’ going.”

Before the rap showdown, Bizzy referred to Three 6 Mafia as “devil worshippers” in an Instagram post.

“This entire time during the countdown to this Verzuz, these niggaz have been b*tching about posts. What they are saying in a nut shell is, they don’t want to be called devil worshippers. Well wtf is you and wtf is your name three sixes for? Whats that a acronym for?” Bizzy said.

“That is the mark of the beast is it not?” he added. “Ya’ll grew up in the church so you knew the ramifications behind naming ya self that to MAKE PEOPLE THINK YOU SOLD YOUR SOUL FOR RICHES AND FAME (thats a classic).”

Ndezsla.gifNdezsla.gifNdezsla.gifNdezsla.gifNdezsla.gifNdezsla.gif🤘

Edited by AriesWarlock
6 minutes ago, Maxx said:

At the bar in Boston. Met a girl who likes my assholes live forever sweater. She's married and gave me her number and wants to see me before she gets married 🤣

Why do I always attract the chicks in a relationship 🤣🤣🤣

You're being fetishized...each time I read these from you, it's obvious these women view you as a checkmark they want to mark off their list from what I can tell. I don't have a pic of you but based on your own descriptions, it's my number one guess why this happens to you. 🤔

^well of course that Versuz battle ended up in a fight; I'm only surprised anyone thought it would end any other way when you have a group of Memphis people up on stage.  Actually, they're lucky it *only* resulted in a brief physical altercation.  I would've expected some shooting eventually.  People should keep in mind that "Tear Da Club Up" by Three 6 Mafia was like a Memphis "City Anthem", at least for my generation (and probably the millenials too) for quite a while....and it often resulted in people literally "tearing the club up".  When it comes to Memphis and the natives there; it's always best to keep your expectations LOW.

I had 2 or 3 albums of Three 6 back in the 90s though (Mystic Styles and "The End", I think it was called)... I enjoyed some of their songs....ha, that brings back memories.  I enjoyed playing Twisted Metal 1 and 2 with some Three 6 Mafia songs in the background....for a while it was like my custom gaming background music of choice.

...years later I would be shocked that they ended up actually winning a Grammy though 🤣

Edited by MillionX
24 minutes ago, TheInfernoman said:

You're being fetishized...each time I read these from you, it's obvious these women view you as a checkmark they want to mark off their list from what I can tell. I don't have a pic of you but based on your own descriptions, it's my number one guess why this happens to you. 🤔

Nah I'm rarely the first black guy for most white girls. 

.... I've attracted at least 5 different of women lmfao 

Maxx you got side dude vibes. 

When I was single I had older women come on to me, and not hot ones, women my mom's age.  This happened to me multiple times with girlfriend's moms, and I even had a professor in grad school at a conference let me know I was welcome in her hotel room.  It was really odd to me because I never flirted or did anything to entice them.

Edited by J-ride
15 minutes ago, J-ride said:

Maxx you got side dude vibes. 

When I was single I had older women come on to me, and not hot ones, women my mom's age.  This happened to me multiple times with girlfriend's moms, and I even had a professor in grad school at a conference let me know I was welcome in her hotel room.  It was really odd to me because I never flirted or did anything to entice them.

Lmfao I'm. Technically seeing someone since June but I'm also free 🤣

This sweater really attracted mad women. I had dudes offer me drinks because they loved it. I occasionally find a piece of clothing that does this. A few years ago I used to have a denim.jacket with the American flag and eagle on it that did the same thing lol. Pussy magnet. 

oh that's funny... I forgot that Joe Biden was one of the people that immediately came out in support of Jussie Smollett at the time when his ridiculous story began.  Fox of course keeps highlighting his tweet from back then.  

Elliott Page, who was still "Ellen Page" back then was also one of those who instantly supported him.  It would be interesting to hear if these same early defenders are still on Jussie's side today. 😆  They'd probably shy away from commenting on it now...that might be the smart play.

8 hours ago, Chadouken said:

Welp, it's official. I'm an old man.

I tried on 30 pairs of shoes today looking for the perfect fit with a wide toe box and good arch support. Finally landed on a pair of white leather Nikes in 4E Wide. Straight up dad shoes. They're like walking on clouds, so I don't even give a fuck if they're stylin or not.

heh.  You caught that big feets disease huh?  Live long enough and you'll get it.  Just be glad you're not a church lady in those high heels.  They need Jesus to bless their ankles and give strength to the straps on those things.

NOTE:  I was going to add a picture of said feet, but I learned a lesson instead.

1: Typing in,"Busted feet in high heels" into a search engine without having safe search on will ruin your lunch.

2:  Dudes apparently buy more high heels than women.  👀

3:  If you didn't already get the warning:  DO NOT TYPE BUSTED FEET IN HIGH HEELS INTO A SEARCH ENGINE WITHOUT SAFE SEARCH ACTIVATED!!  

4:  ...................I went to a place that I was not prepared to go to.  I was not ready for the things I saw.  😱

2 hours ago, Maxx said:

Nah I'm rarely the first black guy for most white girls. 

.... I've attracted at least 5 different of women lmfao 

I never said you're attracting women to be their first black dude...I'm just saying they're fetishizing you...they want you to be their side dude because you're black...in a weird way it can be seen as racist but most black guys don't mind this level of it 😮

4 hours ago, RSG3 said:

Is Strive there? Don't see it. Wanna see some more match material to yoink for my Ram.

https://smash.gg/tournament/ceo-2021-fighting-game-championships/event/guilty-gear-strive/overview

You don't know how it pains me to search this, now Youtube will start recomending me strive videos again 🤣

They keep uploading the matches that were on stream so far.

And i think the top 8 will be tomorrow, so you will need to check the first link for when it will be online.

2 minutes ago, TheInfernoman said:

I never said you're attracting women to be their first black dude...I'm just saying they're fetishizing you...they want you to be their side dude because you're black...in a weird way it can be seen as racist but most black guys don't mind this level of it 😮

Trust me when I say this. If I end up being the fetish thing I dip immediately. I hate that shit... I've talked about it on here before. I legit ask women flat out. A few freak and lie. But I refuse to be the fetish dude. I hate having the idea a girls into me because of my skin... I absolutely always dip if it's confirmed. 

9 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

https://smash.gg/tournament/ceo-2021-fighting-game-championships/event/guilty-gear-strive/overview

You don't know how it pains me to search this, now Youtube will start recomending me strive videos again 🤣

They keep uploading the matches that were on stream so far.

And i think the top 8 will be tomorrow, so you will need to check the first link for when it will be online.

Lmfao please kizzie don't let punk win

Tekken looksnlike a fuckin madhouse. If I'm reading it correctly 2 Pakistanis in top8.. Anakin.. Rip and cuddle core. 

Edited by Maxx
Just now, TheInfernoman said:

Dunno if finding someone from a different race should be considered racists when the main reason is because is from a different race.

Is something natural to find something "exotic" interesting and appealing, is universal across all races.

Like, take me for example, i find asian women to be really attractive, in part because they are not that common here in my country (even when we have a huge community of chinese refugees) and it was the same for a japanese gal i dated, me being a latino was one of the factors why we started dating, ,since it was uncommon for her.

Is not really that different from having preferences for lets say fit woemn, chubby women, etc.

18 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

Dunno if finding someone from a different race should be considered racists when the main reason is because is from a different race.

Is something natural to find something "exotic" interesting and appealing, is universal across all races.

Like, take me for example, i find asian women to be really attractive, in part because they are not that common here in my country (even when we have a huge community of chinese refugees) and it was the same for a japanese gal i dated, me being a latino was one of the factors why we started dating, ,since it was uncommon for her.

Is not really that different from having preferences for lets say fit woemn, chubby women, etc.

No it's very diff erent than finding fit, chubby ect women attractive. You literally can find those types in every race. 

Fetizarion(I'm drunk don't judge my spelling)... Is the idea of thinking a race is superior purely because they are a different race. That's the racist element. 

Do you understand how fucked up it feels tk know someone only likes you because of your skin color. Not because of you as a person. If you were literally any other color they would not care for you at all. 

People think you are superior purely because of color is fucked up. I will never get the whole being attracted to specific races. I find attractive things in every race. Hot women are universal to me. I will never have the midnsrt of this race isnt attractive or that race. 

1 hour ago, Hecatom said:

Which is why I said It CAN be seen that way...but I know it's more complicated than that.

my own personal example is me being of mixed Mexican (and various parts I cannot all figure out unless I do a 23 and me/ancestry) and my Fiancée is Thai/Chinese. The schools in her area she attended was mostly Latino and most of mine were white/Asian. I met her when I was 25 and she was in college at 21 where the various races/ethnic groups were already different. Did this mean we naturally found each other attractive because of our difference backgrounds? was it the environment that shaped our dating preferences? Can we even consider each other exotic due to the fact that school somewhat made the two of us minorities towards the student body? Did we fetishize each other's races? The answer is probably? maybe? I can't even say I have a preference because I have dated different ethnic types. 

Having said all that, I do find it silly when someone dates outside their race and others see it as being a "race traitor" I don't know, it's late and all I can say is it's complicated...

As for the last remark, body shape can be changed but skin tone (for the most part) cannot be changed as easily as working out. 

ehhh... so I tuned in for my usual Dark Shadows since it's that time... but they have a damn Beauty & the Beast marathon on right now; it's the old Linda Hamilton one that originally aired on CBS.  Nah, bruh.  Most people probably forgot this existed but it was lame.

There was a Beauty & the Beast on CW I remember... Kristin Kreuk was on it so obviously that helped.  The woman playing her friend was cute too.  There was actually some interesting things with this one since the guy who was the "Beast" had powers... he was the result of a secret military program to make super soldiers.  

Oh they're talking about Jussie again on fox now---I forgot yet another funny detail; he paid those 2 dudes by check... 🤣so of course that's an easy paper trail to follow.

Imagine how things would be if Jussie never set all that up.  Empire probably would've kept going strong; that show was Fox's hot new thing when it came out... even if they killed his character off eventually, he would likely have popped up on another popular tv show.  His career would still be alright with regular work, especially coming from Empire.

13 hours ago, Hecatom said:

Well, the game is not for everyone, but i certainly wouldnt call it a bad game, there is clearly a bias from me, since i like the game, but i think that is a very good game, even if it has some mechanics that can be seem as questionable by some people.

I agree with you, I think the Issen and frame data are two things that drag the game down, but I still think it's a good game. It just trips me out that people constantly bitch about the netcode and say they wont play and yet some of those people are DBZ players. The FGC is so full of shit most of the time it's whatever to me, but it just makes me chuckle. 

I've been watching that Beatles 'Get Back' documentary and it's really interesting to see them trying to get this process off the ground after their manager/task master committed suicide. Even the biggest band in the world had trouble focusing and not dicking around in a studio they only had very limited time to use and that was costing them a lot of money (though they owned the company that owned the studio, so.)  There's a bit of drama behind it as you can tell Paul McCartney is still all about being a Beatle and that it's part of his identity, whereas John and George are pretty over it in a lot of ways (George actually quits at the end of the first episode) and Ringo just wants to play and not deal with the drama. 

It's a bit long and you could probably skip the first episode but if you're a fan or just interested to see what was happening with them at that time, it's worth a watch. 

Really though, they were brilliant and they deserve the kudos they get because even at, what I would say is probably among their weakest points as a creative unit, they were still coming up with things that were leagues ahead of what everyone else was doing. And it says a lot about how talented they were as a unit that even after not really playing much together for 5+ years, they could, in a moment of just messing around, fall into a song they'd only just written, harmonies and all, and it sounds like they rehearsed it. I always learn new things about them when I see things like this or the Anthology.

Since they've opened up sports betting an hour away, I have made 4x the amount of trips across the state line than I normally would. I did have a couple of successful bets before I had an unsuccessful one, and lost $20 after starting out with $9.50, and winning a couple of soccer game bets and betting against OKC in favor of the Rockets the other night before in the process.

Edited by YourFavGrandpa
5 hours ago, TheInfernoman said:

Having said all that, I do find it silly when someone dates outside their race and others see it as being a "race traitor" I don't know, it's late and all I can say is it's complicated...

As for the last remark, body shape can be changed but skin tone (for the most part) cannot be changed as easily as working out. 

My wife is half white and she was always got shit for it from her "full blood" cousins.  When we got married they were all offended that she didn't marry "one of her own" and her cousin called her a race traitor at our wedding. 

That same cousin ended up marrying a white girl...

charlton heston laughing GIF

11 hours ago, Maxx said:

At the bar in Boston. Met a girl who likes my assholes live forever sweater. She's married and gave me her number and wants to see me before she gets married 🤣

Why do I always attract the chicks in a relationship 🤣🤣🤣

Damn Maxx, how many married dudes are unknowingly raising your kid right now? 🤔

One thing I've noticed is the girl who is there with her boyfriend and on the hunt is usually with the most intimidating guy you can imagine.  One of the women at my work who offered it up to me on a conference is married to a 6ft 2 former Ranger who works for one of those blackwater/private security firms.  Gonna take a hard pass on being murdered in a jealous rage, thanks though.

Edited by J-ride
35 minutes ago, HD-Man said:

Me and Maxxx got the same problem. I literally went to the club last weekend and no single chicks were interested, but every chick who was there with a guy was staring me down trying to lowkey get my attention 😂 🤦🏾‍♂️

@Maxxbut did you call her tho? Don't lie 👀

Lmfao not yet. I'm headed to dance rehearsal atm maybe after I'm text her 😅

26 minutes ago, DangerousJ said:

Why do some black people get the most indignant about racial purity when their dna is intermixed with Native Americans and whites throughout the last 400 years?

Because slavery. There's a million reasons connected to that aspect. 

One drop rule. 

Getting bare minimum of rights very late in the game compared to almost every country. 

History erasure. 

Like you knew the answer to the question before you even asked. 

42 minutes ago, Maxx said:

Because slavery. There's a million reasons connected to that aspect. 

One drop rule. 

Getting bare minimum of rights very late in the game compared to almost every country. 

History erasure. 

Like you knew the answer to the question before you even asked. 

I honestly feel like none of this answered the question at all. 

1 hour ago, DangerousJ said:

Why do some black people get the most indignant about racial purity when their dna is intermixed with Native Americans and whites throughout the last 400 years?

Slave Mentality. It's maddening how much of the House Slave/Field Slave mentality is still present. Dumb ass shit like Good Hair. Viewing light skin as some sort of privilege. Pointless bullshit that stifles the progress of all of us as  whole. Looking down on smart people, looking up to criminals. I could ramble on. But I wont. TLDR; Slave Mentality.

Edited by Darc_Requiem
6 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

I honestly feel like none of this answered the question at all. 

One drop rule in America.. If you had even 1% black you were black hence shitted on

Bare minimum of right til late=we had no control over that only white people

Many of us are only 3 generations away from slavery. It hasn't been that long like, like that's my grandmothers childhood