Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

I was kinda salty last time I said shit doesn't get done on my job unless I'm here. However after coming to work on my off day, can confirm that these mfers don't do shit

Why tf am I taking out trash from way last week and why hasn't any progress being made on painting? Pretty sure on my last day we were told that painting needed to be done, now as soon as I'm officially back on schedule they're gonna act like this is an urgent task that needs to be done 🤔

Outrage over Rihanna Fashion Show ft. Emily Ratajkowski, Vanessa Hudgens: ‘Why Are White Women in Braids???’

AP_21266652028130-640x480.jpg

Pop star Rihanna’s annual Savage x Fenty lingerie show is under fire for featuring non-black women with braids in their hair.

The third annual Savage x Fenty fashion show dropped on Amazon on Friday, September 24, which caused some fans to question why the pop star had actress Vanessa Hudgens and model Emily Ratajkowski sport braids during their appearances.

emily-ratajkowski-savage-x-fenty.jpg

1 hour ago, Lantis said:

DAAAAAMN! Who knew....the SRK forums are back up again.

Not saying you should go back, just a....random piece of news LOL

And I totally forgot my password and I believe my email address I used to log in doesn't exist anymore.

Never mind I sorta figured it out LOL

What's the link? Apparently the front page of shoryuken. Com doesn't exist atm

1 hour ago, Darc_Requiem said:

@AriesWarlockI am so tired of idiots thinking braids are a black only thing. The same idiots crying about "cultural appropriation" usually have some sort of kanji symbol tattoo. Damn our education system needs an overhaul.

Even if braids where solely a black thing. Aren't sistas cultural appropriating when they perm their hair to be straight like white women? Or weave in the hair of others?

3 minutes ago, Maxx said:

Depending on how you wanna read history. Ancient Egyptians had weaves 

Facts, they had wigs, it's said they used to shave their heads then wear wigs to protect themselves from the sun, and they even found a mummified ancient Egyptian a few years ago with extensions in her hair

Edited by HD-Man
3 minutes ago, BB_Hoody said:

Well I meant wearing other people's hair period. Not the practice of how it's done.

Well, I think baldness was kinda frowned upon and long hair was a sign of status in Egyptian culture so I think some had no choice but to wear other ppl's hair when male pattern baldness set in, hence them creating wigs, extensions and whatnot. Egyptian history isn't my major area of expertise tho so maybe Maxx can correct me if I'm wrong

4 minutes ago, Maxx said:

Yeah it's part of protective stylings.. Weaves and extensions. They play into that. 

3 minutes ago, HD-Man said:

Well, I think baldness was kinda frowned upon and long hair was a sign of status in Egyptian culture so I think some had no choice but to wear other ppl's hair when male pattern baldness set in, hence them creating wigs, extensions and whatnot. Egyptian history isn't my major area of expertise tho so maybe Maxx can correct me if I'm wrong

Ok. But ultimately my point is. How can they complain about white women with braids and appropriating "black" hairstyles. When a lot of them wear other people's hair and get their hair permed and relax to look like white women's?

2 minutes ago, BB_Hoody said:

Ok. But ultimately my point is. How can they complain about white women with braids and appropriating "black" hairstyles. When a lot of them wear other people's hair and get their hair permed and relax to look like white women's?

Well, you used a BAD example cuz Egyptians been creating and using other ppl's hair, I don't think white ppl started that, again I could be wrong.

As far as looking like white women, there are black ppl who are born with naturally straight or blonde hair as well. So idk, fam 🤷🏾‍♂️

Edited by HD-Man
14 minutes ago, HD-Man said:

Well, you used a BAD example cuz Egyptians been creating and using other ppl's hair, I don't think white ppl started that, again I could be wrong.

As far as looking like white women, there are black ppl who are born with naturally straight or blonde hair as well. So idk, fam 🤷🏾‍♂️

@BB_Hoodydidn't bring up Egyptians, @Maxx did. All this is besides the point. Braids aren't a black exclusive hairstyle. Even if they were it shouldn't matter but they aren't so these people complaining need to STFU and get an education. I'm tired of all this stupidity. It's easier than ever to educate yourself. People are just being willfully ignorant.

Edited by Darc_Requiem
11 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

@BB_Hoodydidn't bring up Egyptians, @Maxx did. All this is besides the point. Braids aren't a black exclusive hairstyle. Even if they were it shouldn't matter but they aren't so these people complaining need to STFU and get an education. I'm tired of all this stupidity. It's easier than ever to educate yourself. People are just being willfully ignorant.

11 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Never said Hoody brought them up, Maxx merely used them as an example to explain how Hoody was off base using the hair comparison to make a point about approriation from black ppl, you can't appropriate something that was already a part of your culture, I merely expanded on that point. Nothing more 👍

Braids ARE a black thing tied to black culture however if others think it looks cool and want to style their hair like that, it's cool with me. I honestly see it all the time in the South so it doesn't move me. Besides We have much bigger fish to fry than that, tbh 

Edited by HD-Man
13 minutes ago, HD-Man said:

Never said Hoody brought them up, Maxx merely used them as an example to explain how Hoody was off base using the hair comparison to make a point about approriation from black ppl, you can't appropriate something that was already a part of your culture, I merely expanded on that point. Nothing more 👍

Braids ARE a black thing tied to black culture however if others think it looks cool and want to style their hair like that, it's cool with me. I honestly see it all the time in the South so it doesn't move me. Besides We have much bigger fish to fry than that, tbh 

Again my point is being missed. I'm not claiming wigs, extentions, etc are appropriated from white people. I'm talking about the act of wearing other races hair in any manner. White women liking "black" hair styles so they get braids is a foul. But black women liking asian hair and wearing it is fine though? Hypocrisy.

And yes there are the outliers born with straight hair. But I'm talking about those with natural kinky hair. And go and get it permed and straightened.

Edited by BB_Hoody
12 minutes ago, HD-Man said:

My dude Vikings had braids a thousand years ago and they had never seen a black person. The black hair products industry was built off making black hair as straight as white hair. They can miss me with this nonsense.

1 minute ago, BB_Hoody said:

Again my point is being missed. I'm not claiming wigs, extentions, etc are appropriated from white people. I'm talking about the act of wearing other races hair in any manner. White women liking "black" hair styles so they get braids is a foul. But black women liking asian hair and wearing it is fine though? Hypocrisy.

I'm legitimately trying to understand your point , not trynna cause a fuss. I hope nobody is taking it that way, my bad if I come off like that 🤷🏾‍♂️

5 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

My dude Vikings had braids a thousand years ago and they had never seen a black person. The black hair products industry was built off making black hair as straight as white hair. They can miss me with this nonsense.

Depends on where you get your info, my history on Vikings is limited so I'll leave that debate at that. And there's a somewhat tactical reason why black women wanted their hair straight and created so many products to achieve this..... but that's another debate entirely I don't want to get into 😂

Edited by HD-Man
4 minutes ago, HD-Man said:

I'm legitimately trying to understand your point , not trynna cause a fuss. I hope nobody is taking it that way, my bad if I come off like that 🤷🏾‍♂️

Nah no hard feelings ova here. We just having a good back and fourth. We cool. But yeah my point is how can black women get mad over white women using their hair styles, while making their hair resemble a white woman's and wearing the hair of others? Can't we all just enjoy and learn from each others cultures?

1 minute ago, BB_Hoody said:

Nah no hard feelings ova here. We just having a good back and fourth. We cool. But yeah my point is how can black women get mad over white women using their hair styles, while making their hair resemble a white woman's and wearing the hair of others? Can't we all just enjoy and learn from each others cultures?

I wish. These days people get French or Dutch Braids and complain about white people wearing braids 🙃

7 minutes ago, BB_Hoody said:

I think I see where things kinda got thrown off is the word braids kinda gotta be specific on which kind when u say braids , cuz they're hella different styles of braids. Like, cornrows is an African thing most assuredly.

Requiem said something about Viking breads however those were a different style of braids from African after quick research, not no damn cornrows 😂. Cornrows on a white girl or guy could be seen as appropriation but not the other styles

And that about explains where my mind went, But again, it's not something I'd personally get upset about, I see hood white girls with that shit all the time. No biggie in the South

Edited by HD-Man
3 minutes ago, HD-Man said:

I think I see where things kinda got thrown off is the word braids, but they're different styles of braids. Like, cornrows is an African thing most assuredly.

Requiem said something about Viking breads however those were a different style of braids from African after quick research. Cornrows on a white girl or guy could be seen as appropriation but not the other styles

And that about explains where my mind went, But again, it's not something I'd personally get upset about, I see hood white girls with that shit all the time. No biggie in the South

Ah OK if we're talking specfic braid styles. Then I can see their point. But then that just brings me back to the whole hair straightening and putting other people's hair in their head. 

Also for shits and giggles. If you did hair. And a white chick came in wanting an African style of braids. Would you refuse to protect the culture? 

1 minute ago, Darc_Requiem said:

@HD-ManWhile they aren't identical, Cornrows and Dutch Braids are very similar. The average person wouldn't know the difference. Hell, I thought they were same thing until this whole dust up happened.

Just Googled, it, yea I could see how that could confuse ppl. I see everybody rocking those, didn't know the actual name until you told me. 

Just now, BB_Hoody said:

Ah OK if we're talking specfic braid styles. Then I can see their point. But then that just brings me back to the whole hair straightening and putting other people's hair in their head. 

Also for shits and giggles. If you did hair. And a white chick came in wanting an African style of braids. Would you refuse to protect the culture? 

Me personally, I don't care about that, there's more serious shit going on as far as theft of culture, hair is a blip to me. So personally yes I would give her whatever she payed for, her money is green and it would technically go to supporting the culture, especially if I owned the shop and it's located in a predominantly black neighborhood. Try to keep that money flowing in the community. Sorry to give a long winded explanation 

Damn shits getting real in NY. 

https://www.newsbreakapp.com/n/0c9V65TF?share_id=eyJ1c2VyaWQiOjE2MDgwNzk1MCwiZG9jX2lkIjoiMGM5VjY1VEYiLCJ0aW1lc3RhbXAiOjE2MzI3NzU3Mjk0NTd9&share_destination_id=MTYwODA3OTUwLTE2MzI3NzU3MzEyOTU=&s=a7&pd=0AsjUcyq&hl=en_US

Due to the vaccine mandate and many employees refusing. Hospitals are gonna be severely under staffed.

Edited by BB_Hoody
11 minutes ago, BB_Hoody said:

I get what Biden was trynna accomplish, but I knew deep down that mandate was gonna do more harm than good. We're seeing similar shortages in the Southern states as well. Then when u factor in federal workers possibly quitting, we may have a good old fashion government shutdown on our hands

'Babylon 5' is getting a reboot

Best of all, series creator J. Michael Straczynski is attached to the project.

9da38670-1fc9-11ec-adf8-dd0fc886b50a.cf.

Some 23 years after its original run, Babylon 5 is making its way back to TV. According to Variety, The CW has ordered a reboot of the seminal sci-fi series. What’s more, original creator J. Michael Straczynski is attached to the project.

That’s good news because Straczynski penned 92 of the 110 episodes that make up Babylon 5. At the moment, there are relatively few details on the production, but what we do know is that it’s being billed as a “from-the-ground-up reboot.” None of the original actors from the series, including Bruce Boxleitner, are currently attached to the project, but that may change. With its sometimes dated visuals, it can be hard to see what makes Babylon 5 so special. However, in many ways, it was ahead of its time. It told a serialized story long before shows like The Wire popularized the format.