Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

I just took a really nice walk around my neighborhood. About an hour walk altogether. There were a couple inclines where it felt like my left leg (the one with major neuropathy) was about to be ripped off my body but I powered through it and feel way better as a result. 

I’m all sweaty and gross but I feel really good actually doing some sort of outdoor exercise as all my exercise lately has been Ring Fit Adventure for the Switch when I remember to do it. 😂

That said it’s an easy enough walk that can easily be expanded as I build up my leg strength and overall endurance more and more. I want to try and do the walk at least twice a week. 

feels good to feel good 

Edited by iStu X

^that reminded me; part of my regular weekend routine at the old apartment was a long walk super early in the morning; 5 am or so....sometimes it was jogging but overall it was also a relaxing, therapeutic thing for me...since at that time on a Saturday or Sunday, things were generally peaceful and quiet, and sometimes it might still be a bit dark outside.  It was a safe enough area to do this as well.  That apartment complex is also up in a hilly area, so coming back is a nice burn since it's long incline (a winding driveway path going up a hill)  Occasionally I'd see deer out there as well since there's a lot of wooded areas.  There's times I miss that...sometimes I'd run back up the hill to really feel that calorie burn.  Once you get down the hill, across the street there was a gas station/convenience store so sometimes I'd go there and get something like a small chocolate milk.

...yeah, of the apartments I've lived in, that one was my favorite.

On another note... amidst all the R. Kelly chaos... I keep forgetting that this dude is actually married ...so over the many years she stayed with him despite all these shenanigans that EVERYONE knew about 🤣

Edited by MillionX

I'm a short guy, and I'm going to nope right out of that a priori.  Really not here for all that breaking someone's legs in multiple places to boost their self esteem.

Oh, and the implants themselves are on a massive safety recall:

https://www.fda.gov/medical-devices/letters-health-care-providers/potential-biocompatibility-concerns-nuvasive-specialized-orthopedics-precice-devices-letter-health

1 minute ago, Reticently said:

I'm a short guy, and I'm going to nope right out of that a priori.  Really not here for all that breaking someone's legs in multiple places to boost their self esteem.

Oh, and the implants themselves are on a massive safety recall:

https://www.fda.gov/medical-devices/letters-health-care-providers/potential-biocompatibility-concerns-nuvasive-specialized-orthopedics-precice-devices-letter-health

Oof. Lmfao.. Imagine gettin tall and realizing you might die now. 

3 hours ago, BB_Hoody said:

Aw shit son! R.Kelly ain't do this alone. So he ain't going down alone! This could get wild! 

Oh, some of those parents were definitely selling their underage daughters to R Kelly in exchange for money or fame. I'm sure a few of em only decided to speak up when the checks stopped coming.

This is one of the few scenarios where I actually approve snitchin, anyone that aids pedos needs to go down too 

23 minutes ago, BB_Hoody said:

Well looks like Cali decided to thrown down the gauntlet. Either covid vaccine or no school. 

https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2021-10-01/newsom-sets-covid-vaccine-mandate-across-california-schools

Have to get vaccines for schools and military.. Doesn't bug me. 

But them rich hippies over there are about to turn right wing lmfao. Where Jenny McCarthy to blame autism on covid vaccines? 

Edited by Maxx

My wife has a new boss who is an unbearable bitch.  She got a new job after 1 week of her starting (my wife had been with the company for 7 years) and her boss has been sending her catty texts all morning.  My wife got fed up and brought me her cell and told me to be as savage as possible. 

After a few back and forths her boss stopped responding after I started dropping BOMBS on her fat Karen ass.

Savage Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Edited by J-ride
1 hour ago, Maxx said:

Have to get vaccines for schools and military.. Doesn't bug me. 

But them rich hippies over there are about to turn right wing lmfao. Where Jenny McCarthy to blame autism on covid vaccines? 

My vaccines had to be up to date before they would let me step on campus when I went to college. At what point did vaccines become a non starter? When I was in school people looked at anti-vaxx people as quacks.

Edited by Darc_Requiem
1 hour ago, BB_Hoody said:

Well looks like Cali decided to thrown down the gauntlet. Either covid vaccine or no school. 

https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2021-10-01/newsom-sets-covid-vaccine-mandate-across-california-schools

I don't know if that's a blue state requirement or what, but I've always had to be vaccinated for school. Also military, they vaccinate everyone if you're not already vaccinated early on. 

Maybe this anti-vaxx thing is for red states only because really it's practically impossible to grow up without getting vaccinated. And for good reason, those diseases were far more brutal than even COVID is. Smallpox, polio, measles, mumps and the list goes on. Even stuff like chicken pox, they finally made a vaccine for that and saved so much suffering and long term risk that way. If you look at pictures or realistic art from way back, the vast majority of people had scarring all over their faces and bodies from surviving this brutal stuff. 

52 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

My vaccines had to be up to date before they would let me step on campus when I went to college. At what point did vaccines become a non starter? When I was in school people looked at anti-vaxx people as quacks.

It's the same for every school.. Even my catholic schools required it. 

People are acting like this is some weird new requirement. 

1 hour ago, Serpent said:

I don't know if that's a blue state requirement or what, but I've always had to be vaccinated for school. Also military, they vaccinate everyone if you're not already vaccinated early on. 

Maybe this anti-vaxx thing is for red states only because really it's practically impossible to grow up without getting vaccinated. And for good reason, those diseases were far more brutal than even COVID is. Smallpox, polio, measles, mumps and the list goes on. Even stuff like chicken pox, they finally made a vaccine for that and saved so much suffering and long term risk that way. If you look at pictures or realistic art from way back, the vast majority of people had scarring all over their faces and bodies from surviving this brutal stuff. 

Most people in red states got no beef with vaccines. It's the covid vaccine in particular that they take issue with. People don't trust it.

5 minutes ago, BB_Hoody said:

Most people in red states got no beef with vaccines. It's the covid vaccine in particular that they take issue with. People don't trust it.

Yep. I tell ppl this all the time, but they usually come with the whatabout-isms when I atleast try to see why some are against the Covid vaccine. As if there's a fit-all approach to something as intricate as medicine which can affect everybody in different ways. 

Interesting enough, once the FDA approved that vaccine about a month or so ago, name escapes me, the percentage of ppl who got the shot almost doubled. See what happens when ppl are given a good reason to trust something? 

a shame that so far I don't see a high quality version but this is still one of my favorite movie trailers (and it took a while to find this particular version)... with that incredible Hans Zimmer music in the background...man this is actually 20 years old now...

then 2 years later was this cool Hulk teaser... I remember saving it at the time just so I could watch it several times...the hype was off the charts for this shit

There's certain trailers that will forever stand out in a good way, imo.

ha, the "Legacies" facebook page posted a promotional image for the upcoming season this month, and it's been fun to read through the comments of people that were just as disappointed as I am with that show....one brought up good point of critique I didn't think much of until now--- the vamp characters don't even use "compulsion" on anyone anymore....I think there was just that 1 time in the first season where they tried to use it on that lame curly-haired guy...only to see that it didn't work because he turned out to be another supernatural being. (*one of the only interesting story details in the beginning was the mystery there...the characters and the audience wonder just what that guy is.)

I don't recall them even showing vamp characters feeding either....maybe once when one of them (the super-nice guy chump that likes to dance) was on the verge of becoming a ripper....and they don't kill people.  This show continued to be the "baby version" of TVD and Originals, and that's a damn shame.

...yeah, I keep going thru the thread of comments.... MOST are negative commentary on this show 😆 People are roasting this shit.

Edited by MillionX

X-men's Greatest Moments:  X-men (vol.2) #1  (October 1991)

XMEN_1991_FINALS.png?v=1600190205

(I shelved this subseries for a while, but this was too momentous of an occasion to ignore it.)

While there were other spinoffs in the 1980s-New Mutants, X-factor, Excalibur, and Wolverine, this was the first ongoing comic that was another primary X-title.

Written by Chris Claremont and drawn by Jim Lee with inks by Scott Williams, this issue folded all the previously scattered X-men characters of the last few years and setup stories for a new era.

While it has all pre-existing heroes, it introduces the new villain team the  Acolytes who spur a reluctant Magneto to rejoin the fight for mutant rights (or supremacy)

Xavier had been almost written out of the book for the last 6 years.(He was gravely injured during the Trial of Magneto and was taken into space by Lilandra to heal)

The original 5 had formed X-factor, the remaining X-men faked their deaths and went underground to Australia while Nightcrawler, Kitty formed a new superhero team in the UK.

This issue has the honor of being the #1 selling issue of all time in the Guinness Book of World Records - 8 million.  

It had 5 different covers - 4 parts and 1 combined gatefold version. 

This issue had new costumes that were also incorporated into the legendary X-men TAS the following year and thus were used for most of the 90's and are instantly recognizable to anyone who watched cartoons in the 1990s.

Claremont would leave with the third issue ending a run of 16 years (1975-1991). His last issue of Uncanny was 279 in the middle of the Muir Island Saga. While he would come back in 2000 for a 1 year run, and then do X-treme x-men and another Uncanny run, his initial work will always stand tall as his best X-men work.

I just want say, to whomever it was that redesigned the ketchup bottle spout so that you can only get one fire hose level stream of ketchup from the bottle, and you just end up with a huge fucking splat of it at one end of your hotdog cuz theres no way to control how fast the bottle shoots.

You sir...are a piece of shit, and i hope you fall face first into a bag of dicks.

jack-nicholson.gif

Edited by RSG3
14 hours ago, Maxx said:

It's the same for every school.. Even my catholic schools required it. 

People are acting like this is some weird new requirement. 

You are falsely equating permanent vaccines like Hep-B, Measles, Mumps, (perhaps Chicken Pox these days) etc with the covid vaccine, which is temporary at best.

We don't mandate flu vaccines, which are also temporary and seasonal. Not for school or any other reason.

I'm not picking on you in particular, but a lot of people on these forums act as if their far-left/Statist views are "just common sense".

When people who are, quite reasonably, skeptical of vaccines where long term side effects are unknown, they are not some idiotic "other kind" of people. They just think the side-effects of the vaccine aren't well researched, and would rather take their chances getting Covid itself. Perhaps they think that because they're young and healthy, they don't have much to fear. Iunno.

I am a high risk individual (I have asthma) and I'm getting a vaccine shot on Monday, but I totally understand people who don't want to get it, and resent when corrupt idiots like Gavin Newsom try to interfere with their/their children's health.

15 minutes ago, Scanman said:

You are falsely equating permanent vaccines like Hep-B, Measles, Mumps, (perhaps Chicken Pox these days) etc with the covid vaccine, which is temporary at best.

We don't mandate flu vaccines, which are also temporary and seasonal. Not for school or any other reason.

I'm not picking on you in particular, but a lot of people on these forums act as if their far-left/Statist views are "just common sense".

When people who are, quite reasonably, skeptical of vaccines where long term side effects are unknown, they are not some idiotic "other kind" of people. They just think the side-effects of the vaccine aren't well researched, and would rather take their chances getting Covid itself. Perhaps they think that because they're young and healthy, they don't have much to fear. Iunno.

I am a high risk individual (I have asthma) and I'm getting a vaccine shot on Monday, but I totally understand people who don't want to get it, and resent when corrupt idiots like Gavin Newsom try to interfere with their/their children's health.

Just a reminder alot of the vaccines came through before fda approval.

Alot of the vaccines didn't have nearly the same amount of development. 

Covid has been studied for years and the research on this specific strain was for the first time ever something the entire world stopped to work on. 

We have technology more advanced and we have more stringent testing than in the past. 

Not every vaccine is 100%. People can still get alot of those medical issues even if vaccinated. 

39 minutes ago, Maxx said:

Just a reminder alot of the vaccines came through before fda approval.

Alot of the vaccines didn't have nearly the same amount of development. 

Covid has been studied for years and the research on this specific strain was for the first time ever something the entire world stopped to work on. 

We have technology more advanced and we have more stringent testing than in the past. 

Not every vaccine is 100%. People can still get alot of those medical issues even if vaccinated. 

You're missing the primary point of my post.

The school systems (nowhere else afaik, just k-12) mandate vaccines for diseases/viruses that are especially deadly for children, and usually (perhaps always) those viruses can be entirely prevented by getting a vaccine for it, usually at birth.

Covid is not particularly deadly for children (the opposite, in fact) and the vaccine is nothing close to permanent, nor is it even that effective. It lasts a few months at best. You can easily get covid even after being vaxxed multiple times.

Schools do not, and have never (afaik) mandated flu vaccines, so why is it suddenly appropriate to mandate covid vaccines?

This is no longer about public health, but the primary problem is that -one- state government has suddenly decided to go completely 1984 regulating the shit out of everything, way over-extending their power, and people are pretty rightly upset about it.

2 hours ago, Scanman said:

You are falsely equating permanent vaccines like Hep-B, Measles, Mumps, (perhaps Chicken Pox these days) etc with the covid vaccine, which is tempo

The idea that any of these is necessarily permanent is misinformation based on outdated understanding.  If you go and actually check AB titres for adults who received them as children, they often need to get a booster if they're at risk of exposure.  This happens a lot for adults entering health professions.

I'm also not sure why it should follow that the idea of vaccine permanency has anything to do with school.  Kids aren't in school permanently, so what does that have to do with the likelihood of children catching things and passing them around in class?

Edited by Reticently
1 hour ago, Scanman said:

The school systems (nowhere else afaik, just k-12) mandate vaccines for diseases/viruses that are especially deadly for children, and usually (perhaps always) those viruses can be entirely prevented by getting a vaccine for it, usually at birth.

Measles isn't especially deadly for children, but it is for older adults, and it's mandated by public schools.

Also, many of the vaccines that you're talking about are given between the ages of 2-4.  I don't think that really affects your argument much, but when you say things like "usually at birth" it makes me wonder how much you've looked into childhood vaccinations.

2 hours ago, Reticently said:

The idea that any of these is necessarily permanent is misinformation based on outdated understanding.  If you go and actually check AB titres for adults who received them as children, they often need to get a booster if they're at risk of exposure.  This happens a lot for adults entering health professions.

I'm also not sure why it should follow that the idea of vaccine permanency has anything to do with school.  Kids aren't in school permanently, so what does that have to do with the likelihood of children catching things and passing them around in class?

Measles isn't especially deadly for children, but it is for older adults, and it's mandated by public schools.

Also, many of the vaccines that you're talking about are given between the ages of 2-4.  I don't think that really affects your argument much, but when you say things like "usually at birth" it makes me wonder how much you've looked into childhood vaccinations.

The schedule depends on where you live (I attached the vaccine schedule for a hospital in Vietnam, where I live), although you're right it doesn't matter much. "At birth" was the wrong way to say it, I should perhaps have said "as a baby".

Once again: why are we suddenly mandating vaccines for viruses with similar characteristics to the flu (as in, it mutates seasonally), when we've never mandated flu vaccines in school before (once again, afaik)?

Why are they suddenly saying healthcare workers need to get the vaccine or be fired? I thought they were heroes.

People's anger is motivated by A) skepticism about the vaccine and  B) ridiculous government overreach.

Capture.PNG

Edited by Scanman
21 minutes ago, Scanman said:

Once again: why are we suddenly mandating vaccines with similar characteristics to the flu (as in, it mutates seasonally), when we've never mandated flu vaccines in school before (once again, afaik)?

Because it kills way more people. The flu kills less then 100k a year. Covid is over 3 million deaths and still counting. 

It's almost like looking similar isn't the same as being similar. Covid having some symptoms of the flu doesn't mean fuck all, Covid isn't the flu, it's way way worse. I dunno, this argument reminds me of the guys on House who always say it's Lupus. 

My girlfriend has Asthma and got the Vaccine when it was available. That isn't a remotlelly good excuse to me, in fact having Asthma should encourage you to get it even more as Covid attacks the lungs, you're at extremely high risk when it comes to Covid. 

But you do you man. 

Edited by RSG3

I don't agree with the skepticism or the wealth of pseudoscience associated with the vaccine. However, I can agree with my man's statement here:

29 minutes ago, Scanman said:

People's anger is motivated by A) skepticism about the vaccine and  B) ridiculous government overreach.

Skepticism could be reduced by having a more educated populace. The second is because in many cases it's authorized by someone they don't like. Both are rooted in human bias.

28 minutes ago, Scanman said:

Once again: why are we suddenly mandating vaccines for viruses with similar characteristics to the flu (as in, it mutates seasonally), when we've never mandated flu vaccines in school before (once again, afaik)?

Because the public has largely failed to comply with simple and temporary measures to contain and mitigate the spread, and while I can't speak to the situation in Vietnam, decades of increasing commercialization of hospital systems in the US have left us without the surplus ICU and worker capacity we'd need to keep uncontrolled CoVid spread from grinding our entire healthcare system to a halt.  Which is the significant difference from the flu that's pertinent here.

29 minutes ago, Scanman said:

Why are they suddenly saying healthcare workers need to get the vaccine or be fired? I thought they were heroes.

As a US healthcare worker, I've had to get a flu vaccine for years on pain of getting fired by the healthcare system employing me.  So if how we handle flu vaccination is supposed to be the model here, then I don't see a problem.

I'm actually not super gung-ho about mandates in general, but we've got decades and decades of awful public health outcomes in the absence of mandates, so we keep ending up back here.

5 minutes ago, Reticently said:

I'm actually not super gung-ho about mandates in general, but we've got decades and decades of awful public health outcomes in the absence of mandates, so we keep ending up back here.

No one likes mandates. No one likes being told what to do, but when your lack of action gets other people killed, mandates it is because we keep insisting a virus that kills way more then the Flu is just the fucking flu. So sadly we have to treat this like a child who wont stop running into the busy street. 

14 minutes ago, Dragonfave723 said:

JeBailey got rear-ended by a speedster. Thank god he's ok.

The stolen car just had to be a Mopar. Dodge is really going to have to do something about those cars' security system. They are getting lifted with ease using RF repeaters. Now I know that my car is significantly older, but in the event I decide to go big-block-stupid, I had a new security system installed. 

Edited by OPTIMUS124
1 minute ago, OPTIMUS124 said:

The stolen car just had to be a Mopar. Dodge is really going to have to do something about those cars' security system. They are getting lifted with ease using RF repeaters. Now I know that my car is significantly older, but in the event I decide to go big-block-stupid, I had a new security system installed. 

Watch, another 10 years and the most secure car you can own will be from the 80s or earlier because modern day car thieves wont know wtf keys are lol.

Glad this JeBailey guy is ok. I only know the guy through the Emote and I dont even really know what its for lmao, but glad him and his dog only have minor injuries.