Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

2 hours ago, Sonichuman said:

I don't think it was mentioned in here but Scarlett Johansson and Disney settled so looks like she did have something to her suit.  She went up against the Mouse and won so congrats to her

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-58757748

Yeah we talked about it in another thread. I'll say what I did there. Disney had no case. WB renegotiated the compensation of their actors before doing their HBO Max releases. They got out ahead of the issue. Disney not only didn't head this off at the pass, they made it worse by trying to smear one of the biggest talents in Hollywood. They knew they were wrong. How they released Shang Chi and them making deals with other talents like Emma Stone showed they knew this. Why they didn't use renegotiate behind the scenes, like Scarlett wanted in the first place, is beyond me.

32 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Yeah we talked about it in another thread. I'll say what I did there. Disney had no case. WB renegotiated the compensation of their actors before doing their HBO Max releases. They got out ahead of the issue. Disney not only didn't head this off at the pass, they made it worse by trying to smear one of the biggest talents in Hollywood. They knew they were wrong. How they released Shang Chi and them making deals with other talents like Emma Stone showed they knew this. Why they didn't use renegotiate behind the scenes, like Scarlett wanted in the first place, is beyond me.

Ego and not wanting to hold the L. 

54 minutes ago, Chadouken said:

Good shit, man. It ain't the easiest thing in the world, but life is way better for me without it.

Me too.  I cant say I wont drink again cause some bad shit could happen and I could relapse but I don't feel like I want to ever drink again.  It feels good being sober.  No hangovers and I save a shit load of money not buying booze.  The hangovers I got the last few years I was drinking...so terrible.  Sick for 2 or 3 days unless I kept drinking.  I tell my lady I wish I would have gotten hangovers like that when I first started drinking.  I would have never become an alcoholic.

Edited by Faltimar the Dark

"Police say that's 'Not Criminally Actionable'"

Bullshit. Virginia's definition of hate crime:

1. a criminal act committed against a person or his property with the specific intent of instilling fear or intimidation in the individual against whom the act is perpetrated because of race, religion, or ethnic origin or that is committed for the purpose of restraining that person from exercising his rights under the Constitution or laws of this Commonwealth or of the United States,

Looks like it fits a hate crime to me. If flashing lights and a recording of a racial slur go off every time I come home from work, I think it's pretty clear that the person responsible for it is doing it "with the specific intent of instilling fear or intimidation" 

For fucks sake. 

Edit: and if you wanna make the argument that the recording and lights aren't illegal per se, they totally fall under the definition of harassment: 

Harassment means to repeatedly annoy or attack a person or group in such a way as to cause anxiety or fear for safety. 

So it's a criminal act. This is a hate crime 

source:https://virginiarules.org/varules_topics/crimes-against-persons/

THe AG's site 

Edited by KingTubb
3 hours ago, GreyFoxx said:

I drink casually but man i can't do the all night hard drinking marathon of my youth.

I think you reach a certain age and it's just not worth the days of recovery it takes to get over one night.  The last time I drank hard was about 5 years ago at my friend's bachelor party.  He was so blasted I had to fireman carry him back to his hotel room.  10/10 was worth it for the hilarious pictures.

3 hours ago, Reticently said:

It's an astounding degree of fucking around, and invites a shocking degree of finding out.

Well...according to the thread Twitter already googled the house and got the address.  So if something doesn't happen then people bout to roll in deep to this neighborhood.

Edit:  see this is the type of shit that we need to more concerned about at the moment than whether a Japanese company has enough diversity in a game filled with Italians, turtle monsters, elves, squid people, etc.

Edit 2:

I don't understand how multiple people can make complaints and still nothing gets done

This dude for real has shit set up to annoy other people in the neighborhood.  Bruh...

Edited by Sonichuman
15 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

lol it's America though. They know the public will side with billionaires/mega corps every time. And they're right. 

'Unprecedented' Video Leak Shows Rampant Torture at Russian Prisons – NGO

A prominent NGO that tracks abuses in Russia’s prison system says it has received “thousands” of leaked video clips showing inmates being beaten and tortured by guards in several prisons across the country. 

“This is an unprecedented leak that will send shockwaves across the country. In total we have over 40 gigabytes of files showing widespread torture,” Vladimir Osechkin, the founder of the Gulagu.net rights group, told The Moscow Times in a phone interview.

The Kremlin on Tuesday said it was aware of the footage at the Saratov prison hospital and that the Federal Prison Service (FSIN) has launched a probe into the videos.

Later on Wednesday the Federal Prison Service (FSIN) announced that it had fired the head of the Saratov prison service, along with three regional staff and the head doctor of the prison.

Gulagu.net also shared footage allegedly recorded at the same Saratov prison with The Moscow Times that shows several people using a large object to rape a naked man who is tied to a bed. 

https://zona.media/news/2021/10/04/otb-1

https://www.themoscowtimes.com/2021/10/06/unprecedented-video-leak-shows-rampant-torture-at-russian-prisons-ngo-a75218

Is this confirmed @PVL_93_RU?

4 minutes ago, AriesWarlock said:

'Unprecedented' Video Leak Shows Rampant Torture at Russian Prisons – NGO

A prominent NGO that tracks abuses in Russia’s prison system says it has received “thousands” of leaked video clips showing inmates being beaten and tortured by guards in several prisons across the country. 

“This is an unprecedented leak that will send shockwaves across the country. In total we have over 40 gigabytes of files showing widespread torture,” Vladimir Osechkin, the founder of the Gulagu.net rights group, told The Moscow Times in a phone interview.

The Kremlin on Tuesday said it was aware of the footage at the Saratov prison hospital and that the Federal Prison Service (FSIN) has launched a probe into the videos.

Later on Wednesday the Federal Prison Service (FSIN) announced that it had fired the head of the Saratov prison service, along with three regional staff and the head doctor of the prison.

Gulagu.net also shared footage allegedly recorded at the same Saratov prison with The Moscow Times that shows several people using a large object to rape a naked man who is tied to a bed. 

https://zona.media/news/2021/10/04/otb-1

https://www.themoscowtimes.com/2021/10/06/unprecedented-video-leak-shows-rampant-torture-at-russian-prisons-ngo-a75218

Is this confirmed @PVL_93_RU?

Why would anyone question it? It's Russia.

35 minutes ago, Serpent said:

lol it's America though. They know the public will side with billionaires/mega corps every time. And they're right. 

The public isn't deciding a case though. The media still perpetuates the lie that the women's soccer team was paid less than the men. The facts show otherwise. The judge looked over case saw the women got paid 24 million dollars  in comparison to the men's 18 million dollars and dismissed the case. 

Just now, Darc_Requiem said:

Yes and they are  smart enough NOT to say so publicly. At best they'll be the dude tied to the bed getting violated in the Gulag. At worst Putin is gonna have one of his Kremlinjas put uranium in their tea.

I think you will faster die than be sent to prison if you cross Vlad.

Just now, Sonichuman said:

Maaan I didn't even know what finsta meant but it took 3-4 seconds to just type it up and find out.  Clearly this dude did not want to bother doing even the simplest of reasearch lol.

Boomers gonna boomer right? Glad they keep getting voted in.

8 minutes ago, scorp said:

I think you will faster die than be sent to prison if you cross Vlad.

His modus operandi seems to be that he locks up and torture's people that aren't a threat to his power and takes out people that can threaten his power.

Edit: It's a fucked up but effective strategy. Lock the average Joe....or Boris in this case up. Make him experience hell for a few years. Release him and the stories he relays to friends and family will scare them into submission as well. It makes it harder for opposition leaders to garner to support to unseat him. If they somehow manage to do so, he puts them on ice. Russia is basically run by evil James Bond. 

Edited by Darc_Requiem
23 hours ago, Sonichuman said:

I don't think it was mentioned in here but Scarlett Johansson and Disney settled so looks like she did have something to her suit.  She went up against the Mouse and won so congrats to her

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-58757748

yo.  I missed  this until now.  Scarlett made the Rat BTFO?  Score one for the................well, Scarlett in this case.

I enjoy when people are trolling a live show....this dude in the WhirlGirls' live-chat is on fire today, going by the name "Denny Crane" 🤣  I have to be fast with reading his comments since they keep getting deleted asap....oh it would be hilarious if someone else showed up as "Alan Shore" to do some co-op trolling there

it probably would've been nice to take some time off for the early access on Back 4 Blood...and the release of Diablo 2 and the other games of note that I got recently... today I had part of the day off but it was just for a dental appointment... I need a *real* vacation.

Edited by MillionX

WATCH: Judas Priest's Richie Faulkner shreds a perfect 'Painkiller' solo as his aorta ruptures

If he wasn’t already, Judas Priest guitarist Richie Faulkner is now officially a metal god. Not only did Faulkner survive a near-fatal rupture of his aorta, but as his heart was spilling blood into his chest cavity, Richie didn’t miss a single note of his solo in “Painkiller.”

“As I watch footage from the Louder Than Life Festival in Kentucky, I can see in my face the confusion and anguish I was feeling whilst playing ‘Painkiller’ as my aorta ruptured and started to spill blood into my chest cavity,” Faulker wrote after successful heart surgery. ”I was having what my doctor called an aortic aneurysm and complete aortic dissection. From what I’ve been told by my surgeon, people with this don’t usually make it to the hospital alive.”

According to the National Library of Medicine via Nashville Vein Center, “only about one in five people survive a ruptured aortic aneurysm.”

Fan-shot footage from Judas Priest’s Louder Than Life set shows the “confusion and anguish” on Faulkner’s face as he shreds through “Painkiller,” which ended up being Priest’s final song of the night. Despite his aorta literally rupturing onstage, Faulkner absolutely crushed the lengthy solo to one of the most metal songs in history.

Playing his heart out 🤘