Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

20 minutes ago, TheInfernoman said:

Reminds me of Space Ghost Coast to Coast

Space Ghost: Zorak's a virgin

Zorak: W-w-w-what makes you say that?

Space Ghost: Because you're a mantis, after sex the female bites the male's head off.

Zorak: . . . that's not what my mom told me.

On 9/28/2021 at 12:56 PM, RSG3 said:

This shit is why people are quitting the service industry right now.

Eh, to be fair there are a lot of dullards in the service industry that can't follow simple instructions. No one should be abused because the customer is having a bad day but there are quite a few people working those jobs that can't do what they're asked when that's basically the job, or get indignant when asked to do what they're purportedly there to do. 

Edited by DoctaMario

ah, the power of the internet... I kept noticing this gorgeous girl on the "New Day USA" commercials lately... and yep, it appears I've found her.  The name is Tapiana Zappardino.  

Ohhhh yes tabs will be kept.

edit---and I found the instagram page... https://www.instagram.com/tzappar/

there is a bit of a point deduction for that tattoo though...she has a colorful one on her left hip area.

Edited by MillionX
8 minutes ago, HD-Man said:

As funny as that is, it's almost seems like ppl these days are HOPING the unvaccinated die just to prove a point that they're right. Kinda gross  (not referring to that post but just in general the attitude)

Its why i cant do the hermaincainawards subreddit. It was funny for 10 seconds then got too morbid for me even with the stupidity of those who are being mocked.

Actually pulling "anti-vaxxers" to the side for a private convo to see WHY they're hesitant goes along way. Pubically mocking them for asking questions or having legitimate fears/concerns doesn't help the cause, you just run them off and make them double down which achieves the opposite affect.

Insulting ppl generally gets you almost nowhere. You'd be suprised how well some positively folks respond when you talk to TO them instead of AT them. The last thing you wanna do is isolate ppl to make to feel like they're outsiders, because it's gonna take a combined effort to get anywhere close to normalcy again

58 minutes ago, HD-Man said:

Pubically mocking them for asking questions or having legitimate fears/concerns doesn't help the cause, you just run them off and make them double down which achieves the opposite affect.

I would argue anyone with legit fears or concerns isn't an anti-vaxxer. Anti-vaxxers are irrational in their push to ban vaccinations. 

2 minutes ago, Maxx said:

Kanyes ability to hustle people purely off of brand name is amazing. He's selling $90 hoodies at gap... They sell hoodies every fucking year for 60 years for like $30 lmfao . Slap yeezy on the product tag and suddenly it's $90

That's nothing, try to buy a Saint Laurant plain white t shirt. Kanye is a saint compared to these designer brands that I can't afford and wouldn't   buy regardless . 😂

2 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

I would argue anyone with legit fears or concerns isn't an anti-vaxxer. Anti-vaxxers are irrational in their push to ban vaccinations. 

I've ran across those types, they're VERY difficult to reach. Especially when they get into some weird deep government conspiracies that make no sense whatsoever. As long as their calm I'll atleast TRY to have a civilized convo but even there's a limit on that, some ppl can't be helped 

@Maxx: yea, but a plain white t with no special features for $500? That is insane, I could see if it was made from like Rhinoceros skin or something super rare 😂

Edited by HD-Man

The Herman Cain Awards aren't trying to mock people (I'm not denying that there def people that are getting some schadenfreude from this cause even I get a bit of it whenever a particular shitty racist individual has karma catch up to them on there)  but it's mostly in part trying to raise awareness that the people who are dying to this disease are mostly by and large the unvaccinated and its putting the spotlight on it and in a lot cases from reading it near every day it's having an effect.  It's a slow one albeit but there are some who are reading through the rewards and its pulling them into reality that this is a real thing.  And when those people actually realize it and get vaccinated they actually are pretty supportive.  If shining the spot light on the ugly issue is enough to save SOMEONE then it's worth it.

48 minutes ago, DangerousJ said:

Anyone going to see Venom 2 this weekend?

I’m considering despite not liking anything about this version of Venom.

I’ve kinda been a recluse lately and haven’t been out of my house or even my room much.

So I’m thinking of doing seeing it just to get out of the house and doing something that isn’t video games or reading comics 

edit: second though. Just checked the weather. It’s supposed to be storming all weekend. No thank you 

Edited by iStu X

So I've been binging naruto shippuden for the past few months. And I'm watching the itachi backstory... I didn't realize how much they made the Uchiha into Jewish people for the series. Like I kinda suspected it when they put them in a ghetto to keep watch but they really hit you over the head in these few episodes. Lmfao kishimoto really pays attention to alot of different cultures for this series. 

Primal was on CN's Toonami block about 2-ish years ago... ah, I miss those times... Toonami had come back with a strong lineup....things were finally good again.  In a few years there will be new nostalgia from younger gens about the "good ol days" when that lineup of Primal, Dragonball Super, My Hero Academia, Attack on Titan, Mob Psycho 100, etc. was on.  I'm not sure what's up with the lineup lately though since comcast took CN away some months ago... I'd have to go up to the next tier of service to get it again....and nah...not paying extra *just* to get CN back....especially when the only thing I cared about on that network is the Toonami block...and you can catch some of those shows on the various streaming services now.  

this randomly appeared on social media for me... so she did all this; breaking into a residence and attacked her ex and the new girlfriend.... and is released on bond....  you know she's more than likely going to visit them again...

https://www.fox13memphis.com/news/local/woman-breaks-attacks-ex-boyfriend-new-girlfriend-while-they-sleep-police-say/DAGREGNDJ5E2TMJZ572T3VCVJY/?fbclid=IwAR1RgBynTLFEDb-2oy_FCAfbincF0uxQRDW6tuTje-w6vgMCTxeflYTW7kI  

Even if convicted, you know damn well her sentencing will be a joke. 😆  Once again, they aren't playing by the same rules, folks.  "Life On Easy Mode".  One of my favorite examples was a fairly high-profile case from years ago right here in the great state of TN... where a woman hit her minister husband up with some bullets one day....obviously he had no chance against Shotgun Jutsu.  She's still out there today, living a normal life as if she was a law-abiding citizen, of course.  She was convicted but it got knocked down to basically nothing:

https://georgepallas.com/blog/2021/08/mary-winkler/ 

"after eight hours of deliberations, the jury convicted Mary Winkler of voluntary manslaughter instead of murder. On June 8, 2007, a judge sentenced her to a mere 210 days in prison, with credit for the five months she spent in jail before bonding out. The judge allowed her to spend up to 60 days in a mental health facility in Tennessee and was to be on probation for the remainder of the sentence."

^One of THE most ridiculous things I've ever seen, tbh.

edit---OH and I just remembered...she even got an interview with Oprah Winfrey after all that, btw.  🤣  Astounding.

Edited by MillionX

Oh, I'm sure all our DNA is in a database, if you ever went to the doctor.

And our movements are definitely being tracked as long as you got a cell phone, which is why I don't understand ppl and the microchip in the vaccine conspiracy. I wouldn't say it's impossible but that shit is highly unlikely 🤣

50 minutes ago, HD-Man said:

Oh, I'm sure all our DNA is in a database, if you ever went to the doctor.

Nope, not for going to the doctor.  I've worked in hospital genetics, and there's no money to pay for that whole pipeline except for people who actually need genetic testing for a specific health reason.  Maybe in 5-10 years when the prices finally come down enough.

What you DO have to worry about are your relatives doing 23andMe and shit like that.  Where your relatives pony up the cash to pay for the genetic sequencing, and there's no HIPAA violation when the company hands the info over to the cops.  And those companies DO hand it over to the cops- they've already caught multiple people because they could tell the perps had to be a close relative of some specific person who did 23andMe by comparing crime scene samples to the database.

37 minutes ago, Reticently said:

Nope, not for going to the doctor.  I've worked in hospital genetics, and there's no money to pay for that whole pipeline except for people who actually need genetic testing for a specific health reason.  Maybe in 5-10 years when the prices finally come down enough.

What you DO have to worry about are your relatives doing 23andMe and shit like that.  Where your relatives pony up the cash to pay for the genetic sequencing, and there's no HIPAA violation when the company hands the info over to the cops.  And those companies DO hand it over to the cops- they've already caught multiple people because they could tell the perps had to be a close relative of some specific person who did 23andMe by comparing crime scene samples to the database.

Is that like Ancestry or something? Nevrf heard of 23andMe

18 minutes ago, HD-Man said:

Is that like Ancestry or something? Nevrf heard of 23andMe

Yeah- it's like Ancestry except ONLY the genetics part. 

Ancestry at least has a separate business where you can do genealogy  off of the paperwork trail, like birth, marriage, and death records.

But basically any company that does genetic testing that isn't specifically a healthcare company is in bed with the cops for that info though.

Edited by Reticently

There are tons and tons of cold cases, and cops aren't spending a lot of time on old business if it isn't still in the news. 

Probably a bigger deal for current cases really.  Got a specimen and no real leads?  Hit up the ancestry databases and see if you can narrow it down to some group of cousins.

Which leaves me hoping that none of my many scattered cousins have been getting up to dirty shit.

Edited by Reticently