Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

🥺 Fuck man.....And the way he described the whole ordeal. Had he not took it upon himself to look further into. And instead took his doctor at his word that it was nothing to worry about. It would've went missed until it was too late to save him. That first doctor ain't shit man. You're responsible for people's health and u just do the bare minimum.... smh

I just watches that ASU video and there is definitely a lot of assumptions going on.  Granted the venn diagram for people who put up police lives matter and are more than likely racist have great overlap I wouldn't assume they are racist until the actually did or said something racist.  Granted if I'd second guess stepping into a house with that flag being waived but not nearly on the levevl as something like a Trump 2020/Maga flag or a confederate flag.  And there are plenty of non racist people who didn't vote for Biden so just lumping his friend in with him for the shirt is pretty unreasonable.

Not touching the "being white isn't a culture."

12 minutes ago, BB_Hoody said:

🥺 Fuck man.....And the way he described the whole ordeal. Had he not took it upon himself to look further into. And instead took his doctor at his word that it was nothing to worry about. It would've went missed until it was too late to save him. That first doctor ain't shit man. You're responsible for people's health and u just do the bare minimum.... smh

It's like that old joke, what do you call someone who graduated at the bottom of the class in medical school? Doctor.

Being a doctor is like any other profession, they can be wrong and there have been enough instances of doctors missing things that I've seen with family members that I think it's wise to get a second opinion on anything that big even if you trust your doctor .

Edited by DoctaMario

My grandmother has finally passed and all has been forgiven.  

Too bad now I gotta worry about my sister.  She was finally truly happy working with the Vermintide community and just days away from signing an offer with the developers to either work remotely or move to Europe to work directly for them and future progress.  Instead reddit put her publicly on blast for no reason and that killed any interest she had in the game, coupled with this long saga with grandma.

Seriously WTF.  It sucks we live in a world where the haters have homecourt advantage.  

spacer.png

3 hours ago, BB_Hoody said:

I saw this a little while ago. It sucks he had it happen to him. Hopefully he caught it early and will be fine. 

hahaha it's funny to me that whenever one of the more political black youtubers starts ranting about "Porky"....most people instantly know who that is.... Roland Martin.  The guy does indeed look like a brown Porky Pig...and this never stops being hilarious for me.  Oh yeah and he stutters sometimes too, which makes the "Porky" comparison that much more accurate 🤣 bdeah bdeah bdeah that's all folks-lookin muthafucka

I definitely need to get time off after the reviews are done; work is just some nonstop craziness.  It gets to a point where weekends just aren't enough to fully recover, tbh.

Edited by MillionX
8 hours ago, Sonichuman said:

I just watches that ASU video and there is definitely a lot of assumptions going on.  Granted the venn diagram for people who put up police lives matter and are more than likely racist have great overlap I wouldn't assume they are racist until the actually did or said something racist.

I'm not reading about this any more than the summary that was posted here, but look:

"Police lives matter" are not three arbitrarily chosen words.  It could be different if it was "I support police," or "I❤ Cops," or "peace and love," but those words are explicitly chosen to say "I've heard of 'black lives matter,' and I disagree."  If the person sporting it isn't racist, they should understand that they sure are acting racist.

There's some super-fine girls on F&F tonight.....woooo lawd yes

(10 girls on the panel and 4 on the little couch!)

yeah, the one with glasses on...found her; and I remember she's been on the show before....

https://www.instagram.com/allisoncactus/

woooo we're already starting off with some juicy material; one of the girls is arguing with one of the dudes who is a guest....

dis gon b gud this is gonna be good GIF

Edited by MillionX
32 minutes ago, IcyBlackDeep said:

I'm not reading about this any more than the summary that was posted here, but look:

"Police lives matter" are not three arbitrarily chosen words.  It could be different if it was "I support police," or "I❤ Cops," or "peace and love," but those words are explicitly chosen to say "I've heard of 'black lives matter,' and I disagree."  If the person sporting it isn't racist, they should understand that they sure are acting racist.

Oh I don't doubt this, it's specifically why I said it's not on the same level as a Trump 2020 flag or a confederate flag but if it was someone on a house I'd be pretty iffy about stepping into it.  There's also some information that I was ignorant about regarding this in the fact that I didn't even know what exactly a 'multicultural center' was until my wife explained it to me.  My college that I went to didn't have that as far as I know  (VCU) and I'm pretty sure that's because the campus was already pretty damn diverse.  I want to give people the benefit of the doubt but considering what that center is and the sensitivity felt behind "Blue Lives Matter" I wouldn't doubt if this guy was fishing.   Ultimately though as far as I know he was just sitting there with his friend not bothering anyone aside from having that sticker.  It's definitely side eye worthy but I'm still not sure dude needed to be fully confronted about it unless he was fully disrupting the center.

And to be clear on my stance regarding Blue Live Matter, despite me saying what I said earlier about generalizations, I fully agree that Blue Lives Matter is dumb and I am firmly on the side that saying "This Job's" Lives Matter" in the face of someone saying in opposition to "We're getting killed disproportionately by the Blue who are supposed to protect and serve for much less and it needs to stop" is pretty tasteless. 

2 hours ago, Sonichuman said:

.....I'm still trying to process this...

This reminds me of HS when the Christian girls would take it in the butt to save their virginity.  Garfunkel and Oates even made a song about it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=na3lw1PzbCw

Edit: Youtube won't let me embed this song, lol what a bunch of moral busybodies.

Edited by J-ride

That randomly reminds me: is there any consensus on a good amount to have in savings is for an emergency fund before you start throwing money at other things (like investments)?

I've been compulsively putting away 600-1000 a month since getting my job in 2018. Thanks to not breaking that rule (and a life insurance payout), I'm close to having 10K below one year of my salary saved up. The most stringent rule I heard before then was that you have to have 6mo of expenses. I had that before the payout. I feel I'm now putting away the money just because it's what I do, and I have a feeling something terrible will happen the moment I stop. Tossing those fears aside, I'm feeling I can now pivot towards investing (something safe like mutual funds) and/or building up my 401K.

Edited by axeman61

Spent the day at a friends house yesterday baking and cleaning. It was a lot of fun. We made blue berry muffins, pumpkin bread, and finally dark chocolate chip and walnut cookies. 

I hadn’t baked in a while so I had a lot of fun. Unfortunately, I woke up to my bad leg feeling like the muscles are being torn off the bone from several different angles. So I can barely walk.

Which I should have known was going to happen but it was still worth it. I haven’t taken my nerve medicine yet this morning but I’m hoping it’ll help. 

Edited by iStu X

Leg started feeling immediately better once I took my meds. After about an hour it felt what I consider “normal” for it. Still gunna try to limit what I do today as a just in case though. 

The only things on my agenda today are picking up some meds and attempting to beat Mario + Rabbids kingdom battle. I’m fairly sure I’m super close to beating it.